What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (1 Viewer)

With the 3rd pick Indianapolis selects...

Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.

Although the deal with Tampa Bay fell through, I'm certain Indy could find another suitor to trade down. But in the interest of time, and a dynamic prospect there for the taking, we are pleased to draft Saquon.

The priority for this pick was someone who directly helps Andrew Luck, and specifically (RB, OT or OG).

This pick will also excite Frank Reich and the Colts Nation.

With so many needs there were a number of good options here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the 2nd post going to be updated with picks, trades, etc? I don't think I'm the only one who would be interested in that.

With selection 1.4 in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Sam Darnold, QB, USC

And now we get the most important piece to becoming a Super Bowl Championship caliber team, the franchise QB. Can’t be happier how this has fallen.

1.1 Bradley Chubb, DE, NcSt

1.4 Sam Darnold, QB, USC 

With selection 1.4 in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Sam Darnold, QB, USC

And now we get the most important piece to becoming a Super Bowl Championship caliber team, the franchise QB. Can’t be happier how this has fallen.

1.1 Bradley Chubb, DE, NcSt

1.4 Sam Darnold, QB, USC 
Good haul, and nice strategy, but I think Andy's right.  If the Browns tried this on draft day they wouldn't end up with Darnold at #4. 

Good haul, and nice strategy, but I think Andy's right.  If the Browns tried this on draft day they wouldn't end up with Darnold at #4. 
If they want both Chubb and Darnold this is probably the only way that happens. But they'd be relying on other teams preferring another QB. Or 2. But if they took Darnold 1, I think Chubb goes 2 or 3.

If they want both Chubb and Darnold this is probably the only way that happens. But they'd be relying on other teams preferring another QB. Or 2. But if they took Darnold 1, I think Chubb goes 2 or 3.
Agree.  I'm just saying I would imagine Indy could get a nice haul for the #3 if Darnold is sitting there.  You have to think they'd take it .

Steelers tire of waiting and go to the podium :

We select Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

We return to our table and wait.  If Denver doesn't pick in the next half-hour, we're taking pick #6 as well.

OK.  This Evilgrin guy has already made this thread annoying and unbearable to follow. 
Look, fucco - no one asked you for the editorializing.  I'm trying to whip up eyeballs for the thread in hopes of getting more people to join by keeping it near the top of page 1.  If my help's not appreciated.... lots of luck, gentlemen !

:tumbleweed:

The broncos take Seth Rogen...
WRONG! Although, he would certainly be an upgrade for our QB play than what we had last year. At least with Rogen, our OC would hopefully realize that we should never pass the ball and switch to the Wishbone offense that Oklahoma and Nebraska ran in the 1970s and 80s.

For Denver's pick, I have a small part of me that hopes if this scenario actually happened, they might trade down a little and pick Josh Allen. The scenario being that Darnold and Rosen are gone. Not that Cleveland picks Chubb at #1. Or the Giants trade down for basically a bag of deflated balls. :whistle:

I do think Denver should stay away from Cousins for a few reasons.

First, the current roster is built around the concept that they won't allocate a HUGE chuck of the cap to QB. I would have no problem if they managed to sign Keenum as the current starter and drafted a QB at #5 for the future. If they signed Cousins, even for a "cap friendly" number like $25MM per year, that would give them $45MM a year cap hit for Cousins and Miller. That would be 25% of the cap (with Over The Cap's projected $178MM cap for 2018). I haven't done the math but I would expect a team with that kind of cap structure would have a hard time winning in the playoffs.

Second, the result of signing Cousins would be several players are cut or HAVE TO re-structure. Some of that will happen anyway. But Denver would end up having to let go of players that would actually help Cousins. That would probably hinder the development of the offense, and Cousins specifically. Denver is not "one" or "a couple" players away from competing for the Super Bowl. You don't usually go 5-11 unless you have multiple holes to fill in the lineup.

Finally, this draft has several QBs who have very good long term potential. I would prefer Darnold falls to Denver, but that would be a gift since someone "should" trade up for him. Mayfield at #5 isn't ideal, but Elway says he wants a leader at QB. Mayfield is many things. some good and some bad. At the very least, he is vocal and appears to enjoy being a focus on the team. That's a start in the direction Elways says he wants. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, and Allen are the only QBs I would consider at #5. I would hesitate to pick Allen at #5, and would ideally like to move down no lower than picks #10-12.

Agree.  I'm just saying I would imagine Indy could get a nice haul for the #3 if Darnold is sitting there.  You have to think they'd take it .
My first thought was wondering what Cleveland would then be willing to give up to jump from #4 to #3. 

But then thinking that price would be higher with a QB available than it would be to jump from #4 to #3 if BPA was a DE in Chubb.

End result: They take the QB at #1. 

My first thought was wondering what Cleveland would then be willing to give up to jump from #4 to #3. 

But then thinking that price would be higher with a QB available than it would be to jump from #4 to #3 if BPA was a DE in Chubb.

End result: They take the QB at #1. 
I would have been happy with either Darnold or Rosen there. 

@-OZ- just mention me if you need a pick or want to assign me a team in the teens, I’ll do some quick research.

Well the Jets don’t like any of the available QBs that are left enough to take one this high. I gues they’ll just have to lure Kirk Cousins out of retirement. ;)  I’d be ok with them singing Teddy Bridgewater if his knee checks out, and taking a chance a bit later at QB.

Jets need to make serious efforts to improve their o-line, so:

Quenton Nelson G, Notre Dame

Good pick with Nelson. Ultra safe and a position of need. 

Was looking at him for SF at #9. Some questions on his scheme fit but he seems athletic enough for their system. 

Good pick with Nelson. Ultra safe and a position of need. 

Was looking at him for SF at #9. Some questions on his scheme fit but he seems athletic enough for their system. 
This is who I was targeting with a trade down to 1.07 for the Colts. I would have been scrambling. Nice pick.

With the 7th overall pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Vita Vea, DT, Washington

With Chubb, Nelson, and Barkley all gone the elite prospects for Tampa at positions of need have disappeared. 

Vea is so much more than a space eater. He’s quick as a cat and could possibly be the strongest player in the entire draft. He will allow Tampa to deploy multiple fronts in an effort to improve their dead last ranked pass rush. 

Its not clear to me which teams are left?

I would take the Vikings but looks like Andy claimed them already (I thought you were a Broncos fan?) so what are my other options?

Did we decide whether we are going to use supplemental picks here? I know they haven't released them yet, but there are sites that have their own guesses. I doubt we are going to do that, since it adds yet another moving part to all the current moving parts.

Its not clear to me which teams are left?

I would take the Vikings but looks like Andy claimed them already (I thought you were a Broncos fan?) so what are my other options?
I'll update the list later tonight. 

Not enough time at red lights

Did we decide whether we are going to use supplemental picks here? I know they haven't released them yet, but there are sites that have their own guesses. I doubt we are going to do that, since it adds yet another moving part to all the current moving parts.
If we make it that far I'm all for it.

He bailed on the Vikings when the Broncos had Peyton and became a Broncos fan. He still does talk about the Vikings at times being from MN but that is the way I remember it.
You’re probably right then. I knew he lived in Minnesota and have seen him discuss the Vikes but don’t know that history.

Users who are viewing this thread