What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's 3 round mock draft (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
If you just want to see your favorite team, there will be a quick index at the end. Anyway, here goes nothing.

1. Chicago=Caleb Williams QB USC, an easy call at #1. I honestly don't see any real weakness in his game. His one flaw (hero ball) is likely more about not having much of a supporting cast and wins being almost 100% due to him. Good mechanics, big time arm, elite creativity, throws with touch, and breaks tackles. I hate to comp guys to HOFers, so Mahomes/Rodgers is probably unfair, but Kyler Murray with height is reasonable, especially because I'd argue 75% of Kyler's issues are due to his size.

2. Washington=Jayden Daniels QB LSU, personally, I think he's a vastly overrated prospect, but I think the NFL likes him a lot more than I do. He's got a decent (not great) arm, and is a one year wonder and older prospect. He's also a big time rushing threat, though I did love the comp to Johnny Knoxville when discussing some of the hits he allows himself to take when running. Washington at #2 is somewhat ironic to me, as the guy I see watching Daniels is RG3. Hopefully he stays healthier, as pre-knee injury RG3 was both good and fun. The one year wonder thing scares me a lot.

***Trade***
Vikings trade #11, #23, and 2025 1st to Patriots for #3, and some assorted later picks. The Patriots are undergoing a complete rebuild after 23 years under Belichick, and I think taking a QB at #3 would be stupide for them, given the amount of needs they have, and the terrible situation a young QB would be entering. Just rolling with Brissett for a year and worrying about a longterm QB next year is the smart play.

3. Minnesota=Drake Maye QB UNC, the Vikings get their guy. Maye has a very good arm, with good mobility, throws well on the run, and a quick release. His issues mostly stem from mediocre supporting talent, and consistency. If the consistency gets fixed, he probably has the highest ceiling in the class. There may be a Josh Allen level player in here, it just might be the same path where it takes a few years, unlike Allen, starting with Jefferson and co. would be a pretty big leg up.

4. Arizona=Marvin Harrison WR Ohio St, the best WR prospect I've seen. Its him or Calvin, and Harrison while less athletic, is a lot more advanced than Calvin was as a route runner. He does not get jammed, period. Wins with body control, technique, and doesn't hurt that he's 6-3. Didn't run a 40, but his MPH suggests he'd be under 4.4. I'm ok calling him a rich man's AJ Green. I think Arizona would be making a mistake trading down for anything less than 3 1sts.

5. LA Chargers=Malik Nabers WR LSU, possible trade down team, but I think Nabers is too good a prospect to pass up. I think he could have the same effect on Herbert that Chase had on Burrow. He's so quick, he pulls away from coverage in an instant, and offers a ton of RAC. Even in a more run heavy scheme, I find it hard to believe they'd serious go in with Johnston/Palmer as their top-2 WRs.

***Trade***
Broncos trade #12 and 2025 1st to Giants for #6. Much like NE, I think the Giants would be foolish to take a QB given the state of the team, and the cost of Daniel Jones. Trading down makes more sense to me.

6. Denver=JJ McCarthy QB Michigan, I'm not a huge McCarthy fan, but I think the Broncos (Payton really) need to make a splash after the Wilson debacle. Personally, I think the Alex Smith comps are fair, but Smith turned into a pretty good QB, once he got decent coaching, which he'll have in Denver. I think McCarthy has a good arm, and mechanics, with some really underrated mobility, but he also wasn't asked to do a ton at Michigan and often only made 1 read.

7. Tennessee=Joe Alt T Notre Dame, Alt is a great athlete, who has great consistent technique, and is very NFL ready. From comments I think new HC Callahan, likes Will Levis and wants to give him every chance to succeed. That started with adding Ridley, and continues by adding a blue chip LT.

8. Atlanta=Dallas Turner DE Alabama, very young high ceiling player, who could be coached up by new HC Morris. I think his technique needs work, but his athletic ability is elite. Currently 247 pounds, I'll be curious what he ends up playing at, as I doubt he'll stay that low. Also could be very interesting as a zone dropper. Run defense likely improves with weight gain.

9. Chicago=Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo, a bit of an off the radar pick here, I think Mitchell has been a steady riser, and with as much as the Bears have added on offense (Caleb, Allen, Swift etc.) I think they throw the defense a bone here. QBs averaged a 43.0 passer rating targeting Mitchell the last 2 years. Has great speed, and played both man and zone. Inexperienced pressing, but at 6-0 196, no reason to think he can't. Bears D was surging down the stretch, and adding Mitchell to Jaylon, Brisker, Gordon, and FA addition Byard could lead to one of the better secondaries in the NFL.

10. NY Jets=Brock Bowers TE Georgia, I've been on this one since February. Jets are loading up for a run with Rodgers, and they weren't gonna trust rookies on the OL. They since added Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses and have neglected weapons, which leads us here. Bowers is your classic chess piece who can do it all, including block as he plays bigger than his 240m pounds suggests. There is a Kittle level upside here.

11. New England=Rome Odunze WR Washington, he could go higher than this, and probably should, but I think it makes more sense not to go WR for the last few teams. The Patriots need a #1 badly as they haven't had once since Edelman. Odunze has excellent jump ball skills and is good at both separating and getting behind defenses. I liken him a lot to Dez Bryant.

12. NY Giants=Terrion Arnold CB Alabama, I don't know what happened at the combine, but he clearly doesn't play like a 4.5 guy. Has elite quickness (if maybe the top speed isn't) and is very good at mirroring WRs. His one knock for me, is he's sometimes overaggressive, and will guess wrong jumping routes. Still, NY needs a CB badly, and he's a very good one.

13. Las Vegas=Michael Penix QB Washington, I'm not a huge Penix fan, but I think he's a hell of a lot better than Minshew, or really anyone since Carr (and that's not unassailable either) he's got the best arm in the class, and is fearless, however he's also got a slow release, iffy mechanics and middling accuracy. The injury history and the advanced age are also red flags, but QB desperation is a hell of a drug. His pro day workout was a surprise, perhaps he'll be more of a runner in the pros. If I had to make a comp, I'd say Geno Smith.

14. New Orleans=Bo Nix QB Oregon, speaking of QB desperation, Derek Carr's deal is really easy to get out of after 2024, and Nix is a similar caliber player, but a decade younger. Nix has a decent arm, with underrated mobility, and a quick release, of course sometimes its too quick as he's often checking down when he doesn't need to, and his mechanics are all over the place. I think he'll end up in that Andy Dalton range of solid but unspectacular, which is still very valuable on a rookie deal.

15. Indianapolis=Taliese Fuaga G Oregon St, an old school mauler with good size (6-6 324) and good acceleration. Sometimes gets in trouble going for the knockout shot on runs, but I think a run heavy offense like this one, would be pretty forgiving of that. I think he moves to RG after playing RT in college.

16. Seattle=Olu Fashanu T Penn St, constantly mocked higher than this, but I think this is more where he should go. A bit of a raw prospect (he'll still be 21 when the season starts) he needs work on his technique, but all the tools are there. I think he moves to RT after playing at LT in college, as Seattle has Charles Cross already.

17. Jacksonville=Jared Verse DE Florida St, this might seem like an out of nowhere pick, as they extended Josh Allen, and drafted Travon Walker #1 in 2022. However, Walker's sack total has been a bit misleading, he's been pretty mediocre for them, and I think could start seeing more snaps inside ala someone like Arik Armstead. Trent Baalke loves size/speed guys, and Jared Verse fits that to a tee at 6-4 254 4.58, and elite bench and broad totals. The Jags are gonna be chasing CJ Stroud for years to come, and I think adding another pass rusher is a good plan for them.

18. Cincinnati=Laiatu Latu DE UCLA, I think he's the best pass rusher in the class...right now. He doesn't have the physical upside Turner and Verse have, but he's no slouch. He has 27 sacks over the last 2 seasons (25 games) and wins with excellent technique. Had a major neck injury 3 years ago, and is older at 23, if not for those 2 things, I think he'd be a top-10 lock. Bengals pass rush has fallen apart whenever Henrickson has been banged up, and Murphy showed nothing a year ago. Less a glaring need and more of a BPA pick, but its an upgradable position.

19. LA Rams=Brian Thomas WR LSU, speaking of out of nowhere picks, I think Thomas is gonna go higher than expected, and I think the Rams make more sense than one might initially think. Cooper Kupp is still a good WR when healthy, but he's on the wrong side of 30, coming off back-to-back injured seasons. He's also got a huge cap number, that becomes dumpable after 2024. If Kupp does bounce back, you've got a supercharged #3 WR with size and speed, and blocks well, which McVay loves. Thomas is also a bit raw, so going to a team that can bring him along slowly is likely best for him, maybe more of just a vertical threat in year 1.

20. Pittsburgh=JC Latham T Alabama, I think every Steelers fan is anxiously awaiting Dan Moore no longer being a starter. Latham just turned 21, and already has very good technique. I think he's a RT only prospect (Broderick Jones should move to LT) and he's not the mauler his 6-6 342 frame would suggest, but there is a lot to work with here.

21. Miami=Byron Murphy DT Texas, a lot of people probably would prefer OL here, but I think DT is the bigger need after losing Wilkins. Murphy has outstanding strength, he routinely is pushing OL into the backfield. Only real knock is height at 6-0.

22. Philadelphia=Graham Barton C Duke, I don't think the Eagles force a Kelce replacement, but if it falls like this Barton makes sense. I think he's passed JPJ as the top Center prospect (despite being a T in college) Barton is a play through the whistle type, who accelerates and gets to the 2nd level in the run game. He's a little weaker pass blocking (could be fixed just moving from LT) and was a little hold happy, that said, the technique seemed solid.

23. New England=Troy Fautanu T Washington, I think he should go higher than this, but I can see reasons why he could slip. He's an older prospect as he'll turn 24 during the season, and he's more of a finesse blocker than pure power type. Has legit 5 position versatility, though I think he's a LT for NE. Good technique and flies out of his stance. Only allowed 2 sacks the last 2 years, despite playing in the most pass heavy offense in college football.

24. Dallas=Nate Wiggins CB Clemson, could go OL here, but I think Wiggins makes more sense. Gilmore is gone, and Diggs is coming off an ACL. Bland was a nice find, and lining up him, Diggs, and Wiggins would be an ideal trio. Wiggins is a chirper, which I think Dallas fans will like, with elite speed (4.28) and good length at 6-1. His lack of mass (173 pounds) shows up in run support, but he can add size with this frame.

25. Green Bay=Amarius Mims T Georgia, I see the argument against OL for GB a lot. They've done a good job getting solid play out of mid round guys, so why spend a 1st? My answer would be, the goal isn't solid play, and if these day 3 guys can be coached up to being solid, what can a high-end prospect be coached up to? Enter the 6-8 340 pound Mims. He played RT at Georgia, but I think he's a LT in the pros. He doesn't accelerate the best, but once he gets going, he's scary, and you aren't going through him. Fits GBs recent trend of taking more raw, freak athletes early.

26. Tampa Bay=Cooper DeJean CB Iowa, one of my personal favorite players in this class, I think he's the best CB, and I also think he's a CB, with S versatility, ala young Devin McCourty. Tampa needs a CB after moving on from Carlton Davis, and DeJean has great size (6-0 203) football IQ, and big play ability (also returned punts) also just turned 21. Frankly, I have no idea why he's ranked as low as he is, I'd see no issues with him going top-10, but I'll defer a bit to people more plugged in than me.

27. Arizona=Chop Robinson DE Penn St, a bit of a boom/bust prospect in my eyes. You can see that freak athlete in him, but consistency and technique are lacking. Cards are pretty barren at the position though, and teams with this many picks, are historically a little keener to shooting for the stars.

28. Buffalo=Ennis Rakestraw CB Missouri, this is higher than I'd go, but a lot of chatter about the NFL being higher on him than people think. On the one hand, he got middling size (5-11 183) and isn't all that fast (4.51) on the other, he's got elite instincts and is never out of position. A lot of people penciling in WR to Buffalo, but I actually think they are happy with Samuel/Shakir and expect a big leap (100 catches?) from Kincaid. the secondary lost 3 longtime starters in White, Hyde, and Poyer, and I think that's a bigger need.

29. Detroit=Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama, a bit overhyped, I think he profiles as a good but not great CB. Still, its a big need for the Lions even after adding Davis. Kool-Aid sometimes gets in trouble busting through people's walls (oh yeah!) and getting holding penalties (oh no!) but is a solid all around player.

30. Baltimore=Adonai Mitchell WR Texas, I've had some conversations with Ravens fans who disagree, but in my opinion, the Ravens simply can't depend on getting anything from Rashod Bateman at this point. He's a bonus, not a key in my opinion. Adonai Mitchell is an interesting prospect to me, because I think he's got great quickness and speed at his size (6-2 205) but he's not as physical as you'd hope, even with some amazing catches. This will sound like more of an insult than it should be, but he reminds me a bit of DeVante Parker. Mitchell also overlapped with OC Todd Monken at Georgia. I do think a need for a WR with
size pushes Mitchell over McConkey for the Ravens.

31. San Francisco=Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon, the 49ers are in a spot where they can kinda go BPA all draft. One thing of note, is that they have 3 starting OL on the wrong side of 30. JPJ would be an instant upgrade on the interior, and just turned 21. He does have very short arms, which I think causes a bit of a fall here, but he makes up for it by being extremely powerful. CMC will love him.

32. Kansas City=Tyler Guyton T Oklahoma, KC somehow won a Super Bowl with the worst OT combo of any playoff team. Guyton's technique needs lots of work, but he's got loads of raw talent, and excels at firing off the ball (former DE) and getting to the 2nd level. I expect Jawaan Taylor to move to LT, to justify his awful contract, allowing Guyton to get more help at RT.

33. Carolina=Jer'Zhan Newton DT Illinois, no real reason he should fall this far, but he seems to be getting lower in all mocks. This would be ideal for Carolina getting a long-term tag partner for Derrick Brown. Newton is a pass rusher who plays through the whistle and has good technique, was productive despite being only real threat on his DL.

34. New England=Darius Robinson DE Missouri, its possible I'm perhaps being stubborn with Belichick gone, but this is your classic NE DE/DT tweener. Not the most explosive guy (4.95) but is a big time run defender and excels at batting passes down with his 6-5 285 frame.

35. Arizona=Jordan Morgan G Arizona, despite 3 years of starting at LT, Morgan strikes me as a G in the NFL. He'd certainly be a G in Arizona as Jonah Williams and Paris Johnson have the T jobs on lock. Morgan has good quickness and technique, but isn't very strong, and I think that keeps him out of round 1.

36. Washington=Ladd McConkey WR Georgia, feels like a good fit as a Curtis Samuel replacement. Jahan Dotson greatly regressed in year 2, and probably should be a slot WR. McConkey isn't gonna win jump balls, but he'll get open and make some RAC plays. He's got underrated deep speed (4.39) that just wasn't really part of Georgia's offense. Some help for Jayden Daniels. I could see a Zay Flowers like impact.

37. LA Chargers=Tyler Nubin S Minnesota, this might look confusing at first, and perhaps I'm overreacting to a couple things. Harbaugh is a fan of Nubin, calling him a scary guy over the middle in the lead up to the Gophers game, also Derwin James is coming off arguably a career worst season, and is the highest paid Safety in football, with an out after 2024. Nubin is a bit of an older prospect (23 week 1) but is an explosive player who doesn't let guys get behind him. He's also a bit of hitter, who goes for knockout shots over safe tackles and pass deflections.

38. Tennessee=Xavier Worthy WR Texas, continuing the "let's make Will Levis work" idea. Adding a 4.21 WR to Hopkins/Ridley will help stress out defenses and perhaps add easy completions. Personally, I think he's a little overrated as I think he'll greatly struggle with press CBs but going to a team with 2 guys ahead of him, he may not see much. I'd love to see him put on 15 pounds, but he'd probably lose speed. Ideally, he develops into a Tyler Lockett type, where he goes down and avoids big hits.

39. Carolina=Troy Franklin WR Oregon, good speed and gets there quickly. He had a disappointing combine (said he was sick) where he came in much shorter and lighter than listed. I do like his vertical ability, but he didn't really do much else. Carolina certainly has a need for a vertical threat, but I do wonder if he's this year's Jalin Hyatt.

40. Washington=Kamari Lassiter CB Georgia, CB room can use some help after losing top guy Kendall Fuller. Lassiter is a very sound player, with average athletic traits. I could see him being a guy Dan Quinn likes.

41. Green Bay=T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas, sadly, I don't think the DUI affects him that much, there's simply not many 6-4 366 guys out there. Obviously at that size, he won't be a full-time player, but I was impressed by his 5.27 40 time. Green Bay got gashed a bit up the middle in big games (SF for example) and adding a guy like this makes that less of an issue. Sweat also has sneaky good technique, he's not just a monster.

42. Houston=Kingsley Suamataia T BYU, needs a lot of polish, but the tools are there. Houston could bring him a long slowly, and if he hits the ground running, have the option of playing Howard at T or G. Protecting Stroud is priority #1 in my opinion.

43. Atlanta=Payton Wilson LB NC State, only things keeping him from round 1 are injury history and age (24), on the field he's a good tackler and cover guy, who can really shoot the gaps of an OL. (6-4 233 4.43)

44. Las Vegas=Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M, I personally see a big dropoff from Wilson to Cooper, but Cooper is clear #2 LB. Cooper isn't that different of an athlete than Wilson, but sorta plays like wildly, with a lot of over pursuing, when he guesses right though he looks impressive.

45. New Orleans=Braden Fiske DT Florida St, I like Fiske a lot. Yes, he's small at 6-3 292, but he's quick (4.78) and has good technique. He holds up just fine against the run. Saints have been bleeding DL in recent seasons.

46. Indianapolis=TJ Tampa CB Iowa St, Colts type CB, quick and good size (6-1 189), isn't a true burner and despite size mostly played off coverage.

47. NY Giants=Zach Frazier C West Virginia, 4-time state wrestling champion is always a good sign. He can play C or G, depending on how much they still like JMS. Frazier is very good at slowing gap shooters, but sometimes struggles with much bigger DL. I wouldn't be blown away if he snuck into round 1, though Center usually isn't a priority position and he's the clear #3 guy. Very NFL ready and is especially good at QB sneaks.

48. Jacksonville=Mike Sainristil CB Michigan, pure slot CB. Good athlete (5-9 182 4.47) who has extremely great acceleration. Main weakness is that he's sometimes overaggressive jumping routes, but he's another guy for the Jags with the designs on stopping Stroud. Especially excelled in zone.

49. Cincinnati=Jonathan Brooks RB Texas. easily the most talented RB in the draft in my opinion, so much so that he's still #1 even coming off an ACL tear. I think they can work him in slowly with Zack Moss on board. Will be 21 week 1. More quick than fast, I don't think he was running 4.3s before the ACL. Has good vision and wins with both elusiveness and power.

50. Philadelphia=Chris Braswell DE Alabama, Eagles love their DL rotations, and who knows how much longer Graham plays. Braswell is a bit raw and wins with speed/power rather than technique. Having said that, he had 13 sacks in the SEC while being raw, so there is a lot of upside to work with. More of a bull rusher at the moment.

51. Pittsburgh=Keon Coleman WR Florida St, likewise, Steelers love their day 2 WRs. Coleman was a guy I felt was overrated 2 months ago, but it seems like its been figured out, and now seems likely to go more where he should be. Coleman in a lot of ways kinda reminds me a bit of JuJu, as a big slot type more than the vertical threat his highlight can suggest. Struggles to separate.

52. LA Rams=Ja'Tavion Sanders TE Texas, Tyler Higbee might be 50-50 to play this year (and he's getting up in years) and Parkinson is a blocker. Sanders adds yet another weapon for the Rams to stress defenses out with. He's not a good blocker, but possesses all the tools you want from a pass catcher. He also just turned 21. Runs routes like a big WR.

53. Philadelphia=Kris Jenkins DT Michigan, keeping with the DL depth idea, Flecther Cox retired, and Milton Williams is going into a contract year. Jenkins is more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher, despite 6-3 299 size. He was also frequently doubled at Michigan. Did struggle some with bigger OL.

54. Cleveland=Roman Wilson WR Michigan, speaking of Michigan. I initially sort of dismissed WR as a possible option after the Jeudy trade/extension, but the more I think about it, they have a good defense, and priority #1 is making this Watson deal work. Wilson never really put up numbers in Michigan's run heavy offense, though they uses him in an Amon-Ra type way, lots of motion and schemed touches. He's not THAT level of talent, but a Golden Tate type career could be reasonable.

55. Miami=Javon Bullard S Georgia, bounced between Safety and Slot for the Bulldogs. Great tackler at 5-10 198, 4.47 speed was a slight surprise, as he doesn't appear that fast, but maybe that had more to do with responsibilities. Miami had a lot of moving parts in the secondary this offseason, and while S isn't a huge need, they are depending on soon to be 34-year-old Jordan Poyer.

56. Dallas=Trey Benson RB Florida St, there's no way they seriously go into the season starting Rico Dowdle. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Benson's. I think he's your classic good size/speed (6-0 216 4.39) but isn't a nuanced player. If the hole is there, he's scary, if its not, I don't see him doing anything to create on his own.

57. Tampa Bay=Junior Colson LB Michigan, Devin White was allowed to walk, and while that is addition by subtraction, it wouldn't hurt to also just get a better player. Colson has an interesting road to the draft, coming from Haiti, and being a soccer player initially. He's just an ok athlete by LB standards, and he's not a particularly strong player, but what does do is TACKLE. He does not miss tackles. Pretty solid in zone coverage as well.

58. Green Bay=Max Melton CB Rutgers, it wasn't my plan to pair him up with his brother, it just works out this way. He's another guy, that I think is maybe being overrated. His 4.39 40 (and combine in general) was a bit of a surprise, as he does get beat on deeper routes a fair amount. Despite playing mostly outside in college, I think a move to the slot would be very beneficial for him. Played much better in zone.

59. Houston=Christian Haynes G UCONN, doubling down on keeping Stroud safe. Really good 1st step and excels at pulling. Better at run blocking than pass blocking. Gives Texans lots of depth on OL, though I think he'd push for a starting job right away.

60. Buffalo=Patrick Paul T Houston, I think he's a little overrated, but I can see why. At 6-7 331, he's got the size teams crave. RT Spencer Brown is entering a contract year, and Paul profiles as a potential future replacement. Guys can't bull rush him, he's too sturdy, they can get around him sometimes though. I think that probably makes him a RT in the NFL after playing LT in college.

61. Detroit=Bralen Trice DE Washington, I don't envision the Lions just adding Marcus Davenport and calling DE opposite Hutch solved. Trice is another guy, that I felt was overrated 2 months ago, that is going more where he should now. He oddly came in close to 30 pounds lighter than his listed weight at the combine. He's not a special athlete, but he's your classic endless motor type. I bet he'll bite some kneecaps.

62. Baltimore=Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson, on the one hand, this isn't a pressing need at all. On the other, the Ravens are a BPA team a lot of the time, and Michael Pierce and Brent Urban (combined for 1,000+ snaps last year) are both over 31. He's a versatile player having played both DE and DT in college. Great strength to push OL back, especially in the run game.

63. San Francisco=Kiran Amegadjie T Yale, as I pointed out earlier, SF has 3 starting OL over 30, so double dipping isn't a bad idea. You do always worry a little about FCS guys translating, but he has ideal size 6-5 323, and has them Ivy league smarts.

64. Kansas City=Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan, really good burst for a guy his size (6-3 267) and KC can never have enough DL, as they rotate heavily other than Chris Jones. He's a straight-ahead pass rusher with limited moves, but also a knack for knocking down passes.

65. Carolina=Kris Abrams-Draine CB Missouri, 5-11 179 4.44 former WR who looked uncomfortable in man and in the slot, but excelled in zone outside. Could be a somewhat reasonable Donte Jackson replacement.

66. Arizona=Khyree Jackson CB Oregon, I like him quite a bit, and I think he's a Gannon type. Press-man type at 6-4 194 4.5. Height didn't really seem to be an issue against smaller quicker WRs, though he's a bit of a 1 year wonder.

67. Washington=Cooper Beebe G Kansas St, a vastly overrated prospect in my opinion, nevertheless he seems very likely to go early round 3, and Washington has a need opposite the extremely underrated Sam Cosmi. I was surprised by his combine though it was 15 pounds under his listed weight, as he was 6-3 322 5.03, with a great 3-cone. On tape, he looked like a below average athlete by OL standards. He's a smart versatile player, who looks like a fringe starter/swing guy to me. He is pretty close to a finished product.

68. New England=Dominick Puni G Kansas, the 6-5 313 pound LT doesn't seem to have the chops to stay outside, and likely is a good candidate to move to G. Doesn't do well left on an island pass blocking, but if coached well that could be less of an issue inside.

69. LA Chargers=Michael Hall DT Ohio St, very young player who isn't 21 yet, gap shooter at 6-3 290. Has put on 10 pounds since the season ended in the hopes to stay at DT.

70. NY Giants=Ricky Pearsall WR Florida, really good route runner, who actually reminds me a lot of pre-injury Sterling Shepard, who is also the best WR Daniel Jones has ever had. Pearsall crushed the combine as much as anyone, coming in at 6-1 189 4.41, and being near the top in jumps and 3-cone. I'm not 100% sure he's limited to the slot. He will turn 24 during the season, which likely drops him here, but I think he's a solid #2 WR, which for the Giants would likely mean #1 WR.

71. Arizona=Kamren Kinchens S Miami, Budda Baker is going into the last year of his contract, and Jalen Thompson is among the higher paid Safeties in the league. They probably need to dump 1 after this year. Kinchens had a down 2023 after a breakout 2022. He's not a special athlete at 5-11 203 4.65, and he's also not a good tackler, but he's an instinctive player who creates turnovers.

72. NY Jets=Jaylen Wright RB Tennessee, controversial one here I bet. The Jets are in win-now mode, and an injury to Breece Hall would be devastating. Jaylen Wright could help mitigate that while also creating less reliance on Hall. Wright is my 2nd favorite RB in the class, and an ideal athlete at 5-10 210 4.38. He gets to top speed instantly and runs with power and elusiveness. So why isn't he going higher? Because he played in an offense that often saw 5-6 man boxes, and never topped 161 touches in a season.

73. Detroit=Calen Bullock S USC, really a defense draft for the Lions. Not yet 21, Bullock bounced all over for the Trojans, playing slot, FS, and SS, starting as a true freshman. I think deep Safety is his best fit, as he's not a very good tackler, but has good range (4.48) and good size 6-2 188.

74. Atlanta=Xavier Legette WR South Carolina, while I wouldn't call WR a need after the additions of Mooney and Rondale, they aren't exactly stopping me from wanting another WR to work with Cousins. Late bloomer is the word to describe Legette (former QB) as he's a 1 year wonder and will be 23 as a rookie. I get the temptation to compare him to Deebo, but Deebo is 1 of 1. Legette seems closer to a guy like Chase Claypool to me, though Claypool with work ethic would probably be a solid #2 WR. Contested catches and RAC where his calling card last year, and at 6-1 221 4.39, its worth a look to see if it was a fluke or not.

75. Chicago=Maason Smith DT LSU, feels like an Eberflus type. Doesn't explode off the ball, but is a pass deflection magnet, at 6-5 306, which is a unique build for a DT. I'd call him a project, but one with some upside at a position of relative need.

76. Denver=Sedrick Van Pran C Georgia, after getting the QB in round 1, time to get someone to snap to him after losing Cushenberry in FA. At 6-4 298 5.2, Van Pran is a middling athlete but a true technician. A 3-year starter at an elite SEC school, he's 100% NFL ready, but the upside is probably just solid starter.

77. Las Vegas=Blake Corum RB Michigan, probably would have come out last year if not for knee injury. The 23 year old is 5-8 205 4.53. He's not a big play guy at all, but that compact frame gives him good leverage, and he has good cutting ability. He's also a good pass catcher, which is what the Raiders need out of the backfield. I don't think Zamir White/Alexander Mattison would be major roadblocks.

78. Washington=Jaden Hicks S Washington St, 6-2 211 middling
athlete (no surprise he didn't run a 40) is a throwback Safety a bit, as he's a tackler first. Has little wasted motion and is NFL ready. Probably should go higher, but most teams don't use Safeties like Dan Quinn does.

79. Atlanta=Cam Hart CB Notre Dame, fantastic length and size at 6-3 202 4.5. Falcons have AJ Terrell and a bunch of slot CBs.

80. Cincinnati=Cole Bishop S Utah, 6-2 206 4.45, at worst we have a high-end ST guy, but its also possible he's something more. A better run defender than cover guy, he's a project while Vonn Bell likely gets 3rd safety snaps, but maybe he could be the next man up, as Dax Hill has underwhelmed, and Geno Stone could easily be the next Ravens FA who isn't the same outside of Baltimore.

81. Seattle=Brandon Dorlus DT Oregon, the 23-year-old is moving up boards. Seattle re-signed Leonard Williams but all 3 of their top-3 DTs are over 30. Dorlus is a gap shooter at 6-3 283 4.85.

82. Indianapolis=Blake Fisher T Notre Dame, Joe Alt's tag partner, Fisher isn't on that level, but has future starter potential. He just turned 21, so perhaps he could be a long term replacement for Braden Smith, who is entering the get out point of his deal if Indy were to choose, he's a FA after 2025. Needs to clean up his technique, but he's got NFL size at 6-6 310 5.2.

83. LA Rams=Jeremiah Trotter LB Clemson, Ernest Jones has been a nice 3rd round find at LB for the Rams, here's hoping for another one. As a 2nd generation guy, he's wise beyond his years, as he's never out of position and is very good in zone coverage. The problem is, he's small at 6-0 228, and he's not particularly fast.

84. Pittsburgh=Zak Zinter G Michigan, back to OL for the Steelers, as the interior could use help too. I think its possible James Daniels moves back to C, where he played in Chicago, and where he's equally as good as G in my opinion, so that would open up a G spot for Zinter to compete with Nate Herbig. Zinter is a good run blocker who at 6-6 309, I would describe as not very mobile. He's a mauler type.

85. Cleveland=Christian Mahogany G Boston College, the Browns had a MASH unit for an OL last season, and improving depth is a clear priority. Mahogany is a strong dude who buries defenders in the run game. Pass game is a different story.

86. Houston=Andru Phillips CB Kentucky, bounced between outside CB and slot, I think he's better in the slot. The 5-11 190 4.48 Phillips is a press CB who sometimes has trouble judging speed if he is off or in zone. Physical player, especially in the run game. Texans have Stingley, Bryant, and some other team's 1st round busts (Okudah, Henderson) at CB, so Phillips could push for a starting job.

87. Dallas=Roger Rosengarten T Washington, an off the radar player. Troy Fauatnu's tag partner didn't allow a single sack the last 2 seasons. So why is he still here? Because he's an awful run blocker. Still at 6-5 308 4.92, perhaps he improves as a run blocker. Dallas can get out of Terrance Steele's "why did we do this?" extension after this year or kick him inside where he's less of a liability as a pass blocker.

88. Green Bay=Cedric Gray LB UNC, 6-1 234 4.64, Gray is a tough guy to get a read on for me. He's one of the leading tacklers over the last 2 years, yet he's also not really a good tackler. He's small-ish, but a good blitzer. I think coverage is his best asset on tape, and yet he allowed a catch on almost 70% of his targets. The Packers are pretty thin at LB with Quay Walker who has been disappointing, and Isaiah McDuffie who you'd prefer not to be starting.

89. Tampa Bay=Cade Stover TE Ohio St, not trying to corner the market on TEs named Cade or anything. Stover (6-4 247 4.65) I think has more talent than Otten does. Stover is a good blocker with great quickness and ability to get off jams. Also of note, he came to Ohio St as an OLB, so despite being 24 when the season starts, I don't think he's a finished product. Wouldn't hurt to add another weapon for Mayfield.

90. Arizona=Leonard Taylor DT Miami, the Cards brought in a couple middling vets in Justin Jones and Bilal Nichols, but I wouldn't say the position is set. Taylor has some great strength but needs a lot of work on technique.

91. Green Bay=Jonah Elliss DE Utah, Elliss just turned 21, and is a 2nd generation player as his dad is former Lions DT Luther Elliss. He's a little small at 6-2 248, but has outstanding technique. Had 13 sacks in the PAC-12 last year. I think he's a depth piece with some upside.

92. Tampa Bay=Matt Goncalves G Pittsburgh, a tale of 2 OLs in Tampa, as they are among the NFL's best at T, and among the worst on the interior. The 6-6 327 pound Goncalves was only a T in college, but projects to G in the pros due to short arms. He tore his ACL last September, otherwise he might be in the round 2 conversation. He moves people in the run game.

93. Baltimore=DJ James CB Auburn, Ravens are thinner than normal at CB. The 5-11 175 4.42 James is already 23, but has some real quicks, and probably had the most success of any CB against Malik Nabers. He looks like at least a dime guy.

94. San Francisco=Ja'Lynn Polk WR Washington, not really a need, but I'm hedging a bit if they decide they can't afford Deebo and Aiyuk long term. 6-1 203 4.52, Polk has some similarities to Rashee Rice a year ago. More quick than fast, but good ability to play through contact.

95. Kansas City=Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky, speaking of Rashee Rice, there is a decent chance he could be suspended, and KC would be wise to prepare as if that were likely. They can probably get by with Kelce/Hollywood as the top-2 guys in that event, but a young WR would be worth adding anyway as I don't think they are getting anything from Toney (if he makes the team) and Skyy Moore has been a disappointment. Corley 5-11 215 is a converted RB, and it shows with his lack of route running ability, and his playmaking ability in the open field. Laviska Shenault is a name that comes to mind, though I thought he did it better. That said, I think Mahomes/Reid could have made him look a lot better than he has.

96. Jacksonville=Jermaine Burton WR Alabama, one of my favorite underrated WRs. I think he could instantly push Zay Jones in this scenario, and probably has more upside than Gabe Davis. Burton is 6-0 196 4.45, but the chip on his shoulder might weigh a ton. Literally had 0 drops last season despite an aDOT over 20 yards. Despite his small-ish size, he rarely ever gets jammed. He kinda reminds me of Torrey Smith.

97. Cincinnati=Tez Walker WR UNC, its possible Tyler Boyd comes back on a cheap deal as he seemingly has little suitors, but even then, I think the Bengals would prefer to add a younger WR, with the non-zero chance Higgins is gone next year. Walker is an explosive athlete, but he's looked very one dimensional. 6-1 193 4.36, with elite jumps. He has that situational deep threat to him, that teams convince themselves can be more (ala DJ Chark) but maybe with Burrow it could be?

98. Pittsburgh=Caelon Carson CB Wake Forest, Steelers CB room is a little barren with only 2 guys (Porter, Jackson) who played over 40 snaps last season. Carson played over 2,000 career snaps at Wake Forest. He's not particularly fast on tape (didn't test at the combine) but showed good instincts in zone and closes on the ball and tackles well.

99. LA Rams=Dadrion Taylor-Demerson S Texas Tech, Rams are pretty thin at Safety despite adding Kamren Curl. DTD is a jack of all trades, master of none type. 5-10 197 4.41, he projects more as a FS than a SS. There are snaps available in LA.

100. Washington=Adisa Isaac DE Penn St, things change fast. Not long ago it seemed like Washington had Ryan Kerrigan, Montez Sweat, and a promising rookie named Chase Young. Now they have castoffs Dante Fowler, and Clelin Ferrell, and Dan Quinn favorite Dorance Armstrong. If you watched Penn St, you could talk yourself into Adisa Isaac being a better player than Chop Robinson. He probably is right now. If you could put Isaac's technique into Robinson's body, you might have an all-pro. Unfortunately, Isaac is a small-ish slow-ish player at 6-4 247 4.74 who I think probably tops out at as a mediocre starter, which might still be good enough to start here.

Team by team:

Arizona
4. Marvin Harrison WR Ohio St
27. Chop Robinson DE Penn St
35. Jordan Morgan G Arizona
66. Khyree Jackson CB Oregon
71. Kamren Kinchens S Miami
90. Leonard Taylor DT Miami

Atlanta
8. Dallas Turner DE Alabama
43. Payton Wilson LB NC State
74. Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
79. Cam Hart CB Notre Dame

Baltimore
30. Adonai Mitchell WR Texas
62. Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson
93. DJ James CB Auburn

Buffalo
28. Ennis Rakestraw CB Missouri
60. Patrick Paul T Houston

Carolina
33. Jer'Zhan Newton DT Illinois
39. Troy Franklin WR Oregon
65. Kris Abrams-Draine CB Missouri

Chicago
1. Caleb Williams QB USC
9. Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
75. Maason Smith DT LSU

Cincinnati
18. Laiatu Latu DE UCLA
49. Jonathan Brooks RB Texas
80. Cole Bishop S Utah
97. Tez Walker WR UNC

Cleveland
54. Roman Wilson WR Michigan
85. Christian Mahagony G Boston College

Dallas
24. Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
56. Trey Benson RB Florida St
87. Roger Rosengarten T Washington

Denver
6. JJ McCarthy QB Michigan
76. Sedrick Van Pran C Georgia

Detroit
29. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama
61. Bralen Trice DE Washington
73. Calen Bullock S USC

Green Bay
25. Amarius Mims T Georgia
41. T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
58. Max Melton CB Rutgers
88. Cedric Gray LB UNC
91. Jonah Elliss DE Utah

Houston
42. Kingsley Suamataia T BYU
59. Christian Haynes G UCONN
86. Andru Phillips CB Kentucky

Indianapolis
15. Taliese Fuaga G Oregon St
46. TJ Tampa CB Iowa St
82. Blake Fisher T Notre Dame

Jacksonville
17. Jared Verse DE Florida St
48. Mike Sainristil CB Michigan
96. Jermaine Burton WR Alabama

Kansas City
32. Tyler Guyton T Oklahoma
64. Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan
95. Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky

Las Vegas
13. Michael Penix QB Washington
44. Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M
77. Blake Corum RB Michigan

LA Chargers
5. Malik Nabers WR LSU
37. Tyler Nubin S Minnesota
69. Michael Hall DT Ohio St

LA Rams
19. Brian Thomas WR LSU
52. Ja'Tavion Sanders TE Texas
83. Jeremiah Trotter LB Clemson
99. Dadrion Taylor-Demerson S Texas Tech

Miami
21. Byron Murphy DT Texas
55. Javon Bullard S Georgia

Minnesota
3. Drake Maye QB UNC

New England
11. Rome Odunze WR Washington
23. Troy Fautanu T Washington
34. Darius Robinson DE Missouri
68. Dominick Puni G Kansas

New Orleans
14. Bo Nix QB Oregon
45. Braden Fiske DT Florida St

NY Giants
12. Terrion Arnold CB Alabama
47. Zach Frazier C West Virginia
70. Ricky Pearsall WR Florida

NY Jets
10. Brock Bowers TE Georgia
72. Jaylen Wright RB Tennessee

Philadelphia
22. Graham Barton C Duke
50. Chris Braswell DE Alabama
53. Kris Jenkins DT Michigan

Pittsburgh
20. JC Latham T Alabama
51. Keon Coleman WR Florida St
84. Zac Zinter G Michigan
98. Caelon Carson CB Wake Forest

San Francisco
31. Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon
63. Kiran Amegadjie T Yale
94. Ja'Lynn Polk WR Washington

Seattle
16. Olu Fashanu T Penn St
81. Brandon Dorlus DT Oregon

Tampa Bay
26. Cooper DeJean CB Iowa
57. Junior Colson LB Michigan
89. Cade Stover TE Ohio St
92. Matt Goncalves G Pittsburgh

Tennessee
7. Joe Alt T Notre Dame
38. Xavier Worthy WR Texas

Washington
2. Jayden Daniels QB LSU
36. Ladd McConkey WR Georgia
67. Cooper Beebe G Kansas St
78. Jaden Hicks S Washington St
100. Adisa Isaac DE Penn St

Last edited:
Wild amount of work....

Really like you seeing what I see with Penix (at least draft wise).... He's going by mid-first.
Hate Odunze to NE 11, I'd cry relentlessly.
Pearsall to CLE would be my pick if they go WR.

Otherwise, great stuff,

Baltimore
93. DJ James CB Auburn
While I agree that Baltimore needs WR help. OL is a much bigger need. They lost both starting Gs and their starting RT. And the LT can't stay healthy, plus is ageing. Aside from Mekari, who can play all 5 OL positions and is more valuable in that role, they have no 2023 non-staters who have shown much. They may be able to patch up the G spot with what they have/FA (that kid Vorhees they took late last year and redshirted because of injury is supposed to be really good), but that RT spot is a danger zone. If Guyton is there at 30, I think they take him.

The other two picks, I like (at least from a position standpoint - I know nothing about the players). I think they'll draft an EDGE guy fairly high, too.

I'd put their needs in order at: OL, CB/EDGE. WR, DL. So, in a 3-round mock, I think their picks will come from those positions.

just started reading

The Patriots are undergoing a complete rebuild after 23 years under Belichick, and I think taking a QB at #3 would be stupide for them, given the amount of needs they have, and the terrible situation a young QB would be entering. Just rolling with Brissett for a year and worrying about a longterm QB next year is the smart play.

Absolutely. I have no idea if they're this smart, but this is long-term thinking, which is where they should see themselves.

A draft this way would take a lot of starch out of fantasy drafts. Especially in year 1

Benson might go #3 or 4 if things pan out like this.

Thank you for all the work you put into this. This will be one if the harder drafts to predict in recent history imo. I think there is going to be a record amount of movement which stir up draft selections quite a bit.

Excellent work...appreciate it!

As long as the they are sold on a QB at #3 I really don't want the Pats to do that (if they aren't then make a deal)...if they nail that position the rebuild is far more easier...you never know when you will be in a position to draft a QB and right now they can draft one without having to give-up anything to get one...if they don't draft one they will not control their own destiny with regard to that position and could be in a situation where any 25 picks gained may have to be used in a trade to get a QB so how much really gets accomplished...if the team is a train-wreck this year then give the QB a year behind Brisset and you have 100% draft flexibility with your high pick next year...my big issue with not picking a QB/trading #3 is those who advocate for it (and I do understand the thought process and again, if they are not sold on a QB at #3 I am totally fine with it) always say deal with the QB position later and I just don't see that as a plan...the other part is they seem to trust a front office nailing later picks but not the high ones which is a disconnect to me.

Last edited:
This is fantastic work and I can't imagine the amount of time it took to put together - many thanks.

I love the call at #28 with Buffalo bypassing WR. That's definitely a zig when everyone is zagging, and I think you may be right. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking as a Kincaid owner.

Always appreciate the hard work. However, even though I would rather NE trade out of 3, that’s beginning to seem unlikely. From what I have observed, the Pats apparently are demanding a Godfather offer for their pick, said to be a lot more than 3 firsts from MIN. Likely four firsts or three firsts and a starter at another position.

I believe the new regime is being told they need to take a QB, and the question then becomes which one. If they don’t have a plan to come away with a starting QB out of the draft, there will be riots in the streets. If somehow they were to trade out of the third pick, they would likely take one in the first or second still. I really don’t think their plan is to ride with Brissett. He likely is a bridge until a rookie is ready to go.

Great job. On the AFC East picks, I agree with MIA, NYJ, and NE. But I think BUF takes a WR with one of their top 2 picks. They don't have a 3rd round selection and this draft has many good WRs. With Josh Allen at QB, there is no rebuilding year.

nice job. phili already has a kelce replacement though so i totally disagree with their first round choice here. if they go oline it will be a tackle for lane johnson

1.21 Miami-Murphy, DT
1.26 Tampa-DeJean, CB/S

The two teams I root for, these would be great picks. I think Miami can find a DT in the 2nd round like Fiske or Jenkins, finding a 2nd round OL is more difficult.
I can see them going like JPJ in the 1st or Grahma Barton is another guy we like down here in South Florida, come back in the 2nd and grab the DT.
If you're telling me that Miami passes on DeJean at 21 though...slight tear in my eye.

Outstanding work Trav, was a pleasure to draft along side you in he Mock we had a couple weeks back.
Cheers!

FYI...I love the Bullard pick for Miami in the 2nd, he's almost a 1st round grade at Safety, Poyer is a 1 year gap fill for us, great signing but highly unlikely he can play all 17 games

Yup. Good reading. Thanks for the effort. Like last time it's the explanations I enjoy reading.

Dallas

Three nice pulls for my Cowboys, but I'll be disappointed if things went this way and they passed on Mims. Steven Jones said it will be OL early in the draft and I hope he was serious.

I'll be disappointed if they spend their 2nd on RB especially if they don't grab a top OL to help him. I want them to fix the run D. Even more, I want them to go BPA. Feels like WR or OL is still bpa by here, but Benson sure addresses a need.

If Rosengarten falls this far, he's a no brainer to me, but I'd be celebrating Mims in the 1st more than Rosengarten in the 3rd.

Thanks again.

Always appreciate the hard work. However, even though I would rather NE trade out of 3, that’s beginning to seem unlikely. From what I have observed, the Pats apparently are demanding a Godfather offer for their pick, said to be a lot more than 3 firsts from MIN. Likely four firsts or three firsts and a starter at another position.

From the Vikings perspective this seems correct to me that the Patriots are asking the moon for that pick.

Vikings GM in recent press conference said they are in love with a lot of the QBs in this draft. Then he qualifies that saying they like some of the QBs at a price point that would not require them to use so many picks on.

I don't expect either team to budge on the price and a deal does not happen.

The Vikings might try to move up still to pick 7 or something like that if a QB they have graded that high is still available and to get ahead of other teams looking to trade up for QB as well. Otherwise they may just stay at pick 11 and take a QB there.

Wild amount of work....

Really like you seeing what I see with Penix (at least draft wise).... He's going by mid-first.
Hate Odunze to NE 11, I'd cry relentlessly.
Pearsall to CLE would be my pick if they go WR.

Otherwise, great stuff,
Pearsall is interesting. I think he should be a 2nd round guy, but there seems to be a pretty big consensus that Wilson is viewed more favorably. I have them pretty close to equal myself. Both guys were probably underused in college, though I can't really criticize Michigan.

I like Odunze to NE way more than I like him to the Jets
If I didn't have them trading down, I'd have had him to the Giants, but that 7-10 stretch feels like a group that shouldn't be taking a WR that high, even a great prospect like, Odunze.

Patriots are probably a better landing spot, though I think there is a reasonable possibility that Odunze>Garrett Wilson, as a talent.

Baltimore
93. DJ James CB Auburn
While I agree that Baltimore needs WR help. OL is a much bigger need. They lost both starting Gs and their starting RT. And the LT can't stay healthy, plus is ageing. Aside from Mekari, who can play all 5 OL positions and is more valuable in that role, they have no 2023 non-staters who have shown much. They may be able to patch up the G spot with what they have/FA (that kid Vorhees they took late last year and redshirted because of injury is supposed to be really good), but that RT spot is a danger zone. If Guyton is there at 30, I think they take him.

The other two picks, I like (at least from a position standpoint - I know nothing about the players). I think they'll draft an EDGE guy fairly high, too.

I'd put their needs in order at: OL, CB/EDGE. WR, DL. So, in a 3-round mock, I think their picks will come from those positions.
OL was very much on the radar, just never seemed like a great fit to me. I will say, I think Simpson is addition by subtraction. I think the Jets bought a lemon there. I think Vorhees will likely be an upgrade, and I was counting him as a starter. He would have been a day 2 pick last year without the injury.

My thinking is its: Stanley-Vorhees/Linderbaum/Cleveland (or Josh Jones)/Mekari from left to right. I could see them adding a vet at either G or T after the draft. Maybe a flier on Mehki Becton or Dalton Risner, with Mekari filling the other spot, pushing Cleveland/Jones to utility spots, especially as Jones is kinda of a lesser version of Mekari with positional versatility. Or maybe cheaper older vets like Laken Tomlinson or Charles Leno? I think there are still OL options, that they really aren't at WR, unless they brought Beckham back.

I like Orhorhoro a lot. He feels like a really high floor guy to me.

A draft this way would take a lot of starch out of fantasy drafts. Especially in year 1

Benson might go #3 or 4 if things pan out like this.
I definitely didn't mock with fantasy value in mind.

I would think in this scenario it'd go something like:
1. Harrison
2. Nabers
3. Odunze
4. Brooks
5. Benson
6. Bowers
7. Daniels
8. Caleb
9. Mitchell
10. Corum
11. Coleman, just because of the clear starting role.
12. McConkey

This is fantastic work and I can't imagine the amount of time it took to put together - many thanks.

I love the call at #28 with Buffalo bypassing WR. That's definitely a zig when everyone is zagging, and I think you may be right. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking as a Kincaid owner.
Great job. On the AFC East picks, I agree with MIA, NYJ, and NE. But I think BUF takes a WR with one of their top 2 picks. They don't have a 3rd round selection and this draft has many good WRs. With Josh Allen at QB, there is no rebuilding year.
I really think the Bills think they have this undervalued gem in Curtis Samuel, who was just poorly used in Washington. I think he'll be used much more like he was in Carolina (under Joe Brady) and while I think WR is an option, I think they are ok with their top-3 right now (with Hollins, a great blocker, as #3) knowing Kincaid could have a monster year 2 jump.

I am also kind of expecting last year's more run committed offense to stick. I think RB (and WR) could be a target in round 4 or 5.

I don't think the Bills are rebuilding at all, though I think they could be changing their identity a little. At least that's the plan anyway, I think they are always a threat to just put everything on Allen at any time, and I will completely argue Josh Allen is more important to his team that any other player in the NFL.

Baltimore
93. DJ James CB Auburn

OL was very much on the radar, just never seemed like a great fit to me. I will say, I think Simpson is addition by subtraction. I think the Jets bought a lemon there. I think Vorhees will likely be an upgrade, and I was counting him as a starter. He would have been a day 2 pick last year without the injury.

My thinking is its: Stanley-Vorhees/Linderbaum/Cleveland (or Josh Jones)/Mekari from left to right. I could see them adding a vet at either G or T after the draft. Maybe a flier on Mehki Becton or Dalton Risner, with Mekari filling the other spot, pushing Cleveland/Jones to utility spots, especially as Jones is kinda of a lesser version of Mekari with positional versatility. Or maybe cheaper older vets like Laken Tomlinson or Charles Leno? I think there are still OL options, that they really aren't at WR, unless they brought Beckham back.

I like Orhorhoro a lot. He feels like a really high floor guy to me.
The Ravens' OL coaches are really good at maxxing potential, but Cleveland has just never clicked. He's got everything you want physically in an OG, but the light bulb just never seems to turn on.

At WR, I think they'll sign another vet and draft one. I just don't know that it'll be round 1. They have three good and talented TEs, all of whom are in the Shannon Sharpe/Travis Kelce mold. Justice Hill is a pretty good receiving RB. If Bateman could EVER stay healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about what they have there.

nice job. phili already has a kelce replacement though so i totally disagree with their first round choice here. if they go oline it will be a tackle for lane johnson
I don't think a Kelce replacement is necessary, I just think Barton is such a perfect fit. They can always roll with Dickerson or Jurgens there, though that then opens up the question of who starts at G.

I thought about Patrick Paul as perhaps a Johnson heir apparent at 53, but it felt like the same logic as Jenkins replacing Fletcher Cox, and Cox is already gone. A young T is certainly on the radar. I kinda think Philly might bring Andre Dillard back as a swing T, since the Titans released him in a cap move. A cheap flier on a guy liek Mehki Becton also seems a bit like a Roseman move.

1.21 Miami-Murphy, DT
1.26 Tampa-DeJean, CB/S

The two teams I root for, these would be great picks. I think Miami can find a DT in the 2nd round like Fiske or Jenkins, finding a 2nd round OL is more difficult.
I can see them going like JPJ in the 1st or Grahma Barton is another guy we like down here in South Florida, come back in the 2nd and grab the DT.
If you're telling me that Miami passes on DeJean at 21 though...slight tear in my eye.

Outstanding work Trav, was a pleasure to draft along side you in he Mock we had a couple weeks back.
Cheers!

FYI...I love the Bullard pick for Miami in the 2nd, he's almost a 1st round grade at Safety, Poyer is a 1 year gap fill for us, great signing but highly unlikely he can play all 17 games
Huge fan of both DeJean and Murphy and I think both are top-15 talents in this draft but seem likely to not go that high. I do have concern that Fiske and Jenkins don't make it to where Miami picks in round 2. I do like Orhorhoro, but can't see him over Bullard.

Miami is another team I could see signing a vet OL after the draft. Laken Tomlinson would make a lot of sense, as he's been a Shanahan system guy, and was with McDaniel in SF. Also could see Connor Williams being brought back on a cheaper deal, though he's a potential PUP candidate.

I do hope Miami doesn't get cute and take someone like Xavier Worthy or something like that.

Yup. Good reading. Thanks for the effort. Like last time it's the explanations I enjoy reading.

Dallas

Three nice pulls for my Cowboys, but I'll be disappointed if things went this way and they passed on Mims. Steven Jones said it will be OL early in the draft and I hope he was serious.

I'll be disappointed if they spend their 2nd on RB especially if they don't grab a top OL to help him. I want them to fix the run D. Even more, I want them to go BPA. Feels like WR or OL is still bpa by here, but Benson sure addresses a need.

If Rosengarten falls this far, he's a no brainer to me, but I'd be celebrating Mims in the 1st more than Rosengarten in the 3rd.

Thanks again.
I too would be disappointed by Benson in round 2, but I feel like Dallas is a team that values RB higher than the league consensus and will feel pressured to address it early.

I think Dallas is another team I can see dipping into FA for OL help after the draft. Maybe they bring back Conner Williams, or bring on a guy like Dalton Risner?

Mims feels a little risky to me, just compared to someone like Wiggins. He was on the radar though. He was my 3rd option after Wiggins/DeJean. Its possible they could bypass CB, and bring Gilmore back, or go sign Adoree Jackson or something. I just like the value at CB a little more for them.

If you just want to see your favorite team, there will be a quick index at the end. Anyway, here goes nothing.

1. Chicago=Caleb Williams QB USC, an easy call at #1. I honestly don't see any real weakness in his game. His one flaw (hero ball) is likely more about not having much of a supporting cast and wins being almost 100% due to him. Good mechanics, big time arm, elite creativity, throws with touch, and breaks tackles. I hate to comp guys to HOFers, so Mahomes/Rodgers is probably unfair, but Kyler Murray with height is reasonable, especially because I'd argue 75% of Kyler's issues are due to his size.

2. Washington=Jayden Daniels QB LSU, personally, I think he's a vastly overrated prospect, but I think the NFL likes him a lot more than I do. He's got a decent (not great) arm, and is a one year wonder and older prospect. He's also a big time rushing threat, though I did love the comp to Johnny Knoxville when discussing some of the hits he allows himself to take when running. Washington at #2 is somewhat ironic to me, as the guy I see watching Daniels is RG3. Hopefully he stays healthier, as pre-knee injury RG3 was both good and fun. The one year wonder thing scares me a lot.

***Trade***
Vikings trade #11, #23, and 2025 1st to Patriots for #3, and some assorted later picks. The Patriots are undergoing a complete rebuild after 23 years under Belichick, and I think taking a QB at #3 would be stupide for them, given the amount of needs they have, and the terrible situation a young QB would be entering. Just rolling with Brissett for a year and worrying about a longterm QB next year is the smart play.

3. Minnesota=Drake Maye QB UNC, the Vikings get their guy. Maye has a very good arm, with good mobility, throws well on the run, and a quick release. His issues mostly stem from mediocre supporting talent, and consistency. If the consistency gets fixed, he probably has the highest ceiling in the class. There may be a Josh Allen level player in here, it just might be the same path where it takes a few years, unlike Allen, starting with Jefferson and co. would be a pretty big leg up.

4. Arizona=Marvin Harrison WR Ohio St, the best WR prospect I've seen. Its him or Calvin, and Harrison while less athletic, is a lot more advanced than Calvin was as a route runner. He does not get jammed, period. Wins with body control, technique, and doesn't hurt that he's 6-3. Didn't run a 40, but his MPH suggests he'd be under 4.4. I'm ok calling him a rich man's AJ Green. I think Arizona would be making a mistake trading down for anything less than 3 1sts.

5. LA Chargers=Malik Nabers WR LSU, possible trade down team, but I think Nabers is too good a prospect to pass up. I think he could have the same effect on Herbert that Chase had on Burrow. He's so quick, he pulls away from coverage in an instant, and offers a ton of RAC. Even in a more run heavy scheme, I find it hard to believe they'd serious go in with Johnston/Palmer as their top-2 WRs.

***Trade***
Broncos trade #12 and 2025 1st to Giants for #6. Much like NE, I think the Giants would be foolish to take a QB given the state of the team, and the cost of Daniel Jones. Trading down makes more sense to me.

6. Denver=JJ McCarthy QB Michigan, I'm not a huge McCarthy fan, but I think the Broncos (Payton really) need to make a splash after the Wilson debacle. Personally, I think the Alex Smith comps are fair, but Smith turned into a pretty good QB, once he got decent coaching, which he'll have in Denver. I think McCarthy has a good arm, and mechanics, with some really underrated mobility, but he also wasn't asked to do a ton at Michigan and often only made 1 read.

7. Tennessee=Joe Alt T Notre Dame, Alt is a great athlete, who has great consistent technique, and is very NFL ready. From comments I think new HC Callahan, likes Will Levis and wants to give him every chance to succeed. That started with adding Ridley, and continues by adding a blue chip LT.

8. Atlanta=Dallas Turner DE Alabama, very young high ceiling player, who could be coached up by new HC Morris. I think his technique needs work, but his athletic ability is elite. Currently 247 pounds, I'll be curious what he ends up playing at, as I doubt he'll stay that low. Also could be very interesting as a zone dropper. Run defense likely improves with weight gain.

9. Chicago=Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo, a bit of an off the radar pick here, I think Mitchell has been a steady riser, and with as much as the Bears have added on offense (Caleb, Allen, Swift etc.) I think they throw the defense a bone here. QBs averaged a 43.0 passer rating targeting Mitchell the last 2 years. Has great speed, and played both man and zone. Inexperienced pressing, but at 6-0 196, no reason to think he can't. Bears D was surging down the stretch, and adding Mitchell to Jaylon, Brisker, Gordon, and FA addition Byard could lead to one of the better secondaries in the NFL.

10. NY Jets=Brock Bowers TE Georgia, I've been on this one since February. Jets are loading up for a run with Rodgers, and they weren't gonna trust rookies on the OL. They since added Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses and have neglected weapons, which leads us here. Bowers is your classic chess piece who can do it all, including block as he plays bigger than his 240m pounds suggests. There is a Kittle level upside here.

11. New England=Rome Odunze WR Washington, he could go higher than this, and probably should, but I think it makes more sense not to go WR for the last few teams. The Patriots need a #1 badly as they haven't had once since Edelman. Odunze has excellent jump ball skills and is good at both separating and getting behind defenses. I liken him a lot to Dez Bryant.

12. NY Giants=Terrion Arnold CB Alabama, I don't know what happened at the combine, but he clearly doesn't play like a 4.5 guy. Has elite quickness (if maybe the top speed isn't) and is very good at mirroring WRs. His one knock for me, is he's sometimes overaggressive, and will guess wrong jumping routes. Still, NY needs a CB badly, and he's a very good one.

13. Las Vegas=Michael Penix QB Washington, I'm not a huge Penix fan, but I think he's a hell of a lot better than Minshew, or really anyone since Carr (and that's not unassailable either) he's got the best arm in the class, and is fearless, however he's also got a slow release, iffy mechanics and middling accuracy. The injury history and the advanced age are also red flags, but QB desperation is a hell of a drug. His pro day workout was a surprise, perhaps he'll be more of a runner in the pros. If I had to make a comp, I'd say Geno Smith.

14. New Orleans=Bo Nix QB Oregon, speaking of QB desperation, Derek Carr's deal is really easy to get out of after 2024, and Nix is a similar caliber player, but a decade younger. Nix has a decent arm, with underrated mobility, and a quick release, of course sometimes its too quick as he's often checking down when he doesn't need to, and his mechanics are all over the place. I think he'll end up in that Andy Dalton range of solid but unspectacular, which is still very valuable on a rookie deal.

15. Indianapolis=Taliese Fuaga G Oregon St, an old school mauler with good size (6-6 324) and good acceleration. Sometimes gets in trouble going for the knockout shot on runs, but I think a run heavy offense like this one, would be pretty forgiving of that. I think he moves to RG after playing RT in college.

16. Seattle=Olu Fashanu T Penn St, constantly mocked higher than this, but I think this is more where he should go. A bit of a raw prospect (he'll still be 21 when the season starts) he needs work on his technique, but all the tools are there. I think he moves to RT after playing at LT in college, as Seattle has Charles Cross already.
I agree 100% with you about Jayden Daniels assessment. When watching highlights of both Nabers and Thomas I keep thinking, God, Daniels is terrible with the deep ball as both are constantly slowing down or stopping to come back for the ball. I'll take Maye.

I too would be disappointed by Benson in round 2, but I feel like Dallas is a team that values RB higher than the league consensus and will feel pressured to address it early.

I think Dallas is another team I can see dipping into FA for OL help after the draft. Maybe they bring back Conner Williams, or bring on a guy like Dalton Risner?

Mims feels a little risky to me, just compared to someone like Wiggins. He was on the radar though. He was my 3rd option after Wiggins/DeJean. Its possible they could bypass CB, and bring Gilmore back, or go sign Adoree Jackson or something. I just like the value at CB a little more for them.

Quietly Dallas is happier than expected with Dowdle. Fwiw, me too. I doubt Mugsy Bogues is enough depth, but he had his moments last pre-season and is an interesting weapon, imo. Would be fun to see him emerge. Regardless, they will be drafting an RB. I'd prefer a 5th round or later shot. There's a few interesting guys that should be available. Vidal being my personal favorite.

There's whispers Gilmore may come back, and I like Adoree more than most, but he was disappointing last season.

Mims isn't as risky as he seems. Just my opinion. In his limited starts he was just stupid good. I think he has the highest ceiling of any OL in this class. I think it could be multi all-pro high. Like top five OL in the league high. He's become the player I covet most. Bloom will mourn if he gets by Pittsburgh.

I thought Fashanu was better than Alt doing some side by side watching. I hate to be that guy, but I like 5-6 OLs more than Alt. Eesh, he's so top heavy and under powered. That footwork, oof. Not a good knee bender. Being a massive wall in college is great, but good luck with it in the nfl. I haven't been this into the draft in well over a decade, but I was here way back in 06 saying Whitworth was the tackle to draft. D'Brickashaw went 4th overall, then I think 6-7 OLs before Whitworth late 2nd round. Mims isn't falling that far but I feel the same watching these guys.

Oh, here's a name to add to the list. Caeden Wallace, RT, PSU. He's a stud, better technition than Fashanu, 4 year starter. Like Rosengarten opposite Fautanu, Wallace just balled and really jumped out from what I saw.

Oof, I'm rambling. I saw a meme on X... when you decide to update your mock draft instead of going to counseling... :)

If I didn't have them trading down, I'd have had him to the Giants, but that 7-10 stretch feels like a group that shouldn't be taking a WR that high, even a great prospect like, Odunze.

Patriots are probably a better landing spot, though I think there is a reasonable possibility that Odunze>Garrett Wilson, as a talent.
Why don't you think Odunze to the Bears makes sense? Allen is getting up in age, I would much rather get as many weapons for Caleb. Having K Allen, DJ Moore, Odunze, Kmet, Everett and Swift......man, CHI could be very entertaining to watch.

But if they didn't take Odunze, I think I would rather see the Bears get an edge rusher to compliment Sweat. Hopefully Turner is there, but Verse could be an option (and if you think Verse at 17 makes sense, then the Bears could trade down, get Verse and pick up a pick or two later in the draft).

Why don't you think Odunze to the Bears makes sense? Allen is getting up in age, I would much rather get as many weapons for Caleb. Having K Allen, DJ Moore, Odunze, Kmet, Everett and Swift......man, CHI could be very entertaining to watch.
I don't think it makes sense because that list of players still looks really excellent without Odunze in it.

List out the Bears D and adding a premium defensive player into the mix would greatly improve them more so than Odunze would improve that already quite stacked O.

A good D that firstly, keeps the score down and takes the pressure off a rookie QB, and secondly, puts them in consistently more favourable field positions is a hugely underrated part of being a successful team. Look at the top QB's in the league right now, they all largely play on teams with well above average defensive units.

***Trade***

***Trade***

I agree 100% with you about Jayden Daniels assessment. When watching highlights of both Nabers and Thomas I keep thinking, God, Daniels is terrible with the deep ball as both are constantly slowing down or stopping to come back for the ball. I'll take Maye.
He's not terrible with the deep balls.

Quietly Dallas is happier than expected with Dowdle. Fwiw, me too. I doubt Mugsy Bogues is enough depth, but he had his moments last pre-season and is an interesting weapon, imo. Would be fun to see him emerge. Regardless, they will be drafting an RB. I'd prefer a 5th round or later shot. There's a few interesting guys that should be available. Vidal being my personal favorite.

There's whispers Gilmore may come back, and I like Adoree more than most, but he was disappointing last season.

Mims isn't as risky as he seems. Just my opinion. In his limited starts he was just stupid good. I think he has the highest ceiling of any OL in this class. I think it could be multi all-pro high. Like top five OL in the league high. He's become the player I covet most. Bloom will mourn if he gets by Pittsburgh.

I thought Fashanu was better than Alt doing some side by side watching. I hate to be that guy, but I like 5-6 OLs more than Alt. Eesh, he's so top heavy and under powered. That footwork, oof. Not a good knee bender. Being a massive wall in college is great, but good luck with it in the nfl. I haven't been this into the draft in well over a decade, but I was here way back in 06 saying Whitworth was the tackle to draft. D'Brickashaw went 4th overall, then I think 6-7 OLs before Whitworth late 2nd round. Mims isn't falling that far but I feel the same watching these guys.

Oh, here's a name to add to the list. Caeden Wallace, RT, PSU. He's a stud, better technition than Fashanu, 4 year starter. Like Rosengarten opposite Fautanu, Wallace just balled and really jumped out from what I saw.

Oof, I'm rambling. I saw a meme on X... when you decide to update your mock draft instead of going to counseling... :)
I've been hearing some chatter of Dallas bringing Zeke back on a cheap deal. I know he's still very well liked in that building, but obviously he wouldn't be used as much as in the past. Day 3 Rookie/Zeke/Dowdle seems reasonable if they don't take a top prospect.

I'm certainly higher on Alt than you are, I think he's the clear #1 T. I don't have the footwork concerns. He had some reps where he "overextended" and lost his balance, but I think that's more just a rare bad play than a going concern. His technique was typically consistently impressive to me.

There is something I don't like about Fashanu. He's probably no higher than #4 T for me, that said, I'm not seeing it at all with Caeden Wallace. Like, UDFA potentially. I like his size, (6-5 341) but he has no push or mobility. He can kinda wall guys off pass blocking, but I don't know that his 4 years of starting is a positive, or more about Penn St. I'm very much a Big Ten guy, as you can probably tell as my explanations for Big Ten guys are probably longer, and I never saw anything in him.

I can agree that Mims might have the highest ceiling. I think he's risky just in the sense that he's raw with 8 career starts. I think Green Bay would be such a great landing spot for him though, as they excel at coaching up OL.

***Trade***

***Trade***

I wouldn't call Daniels terrible with deep balls, more just ok, but his numbers were overinflated by having guys wide open. He's got a weird deep ball, where it hangs in the air a lot, and I do have some concern with the NFL having far smaller windows, even throwing to a good NFL WR like McLaurin. I do think Maye is a much better prospect, but unless this has been an all-time great smokescreen, Maye seems unlikely to go #2.

I've been hearing some chatter of Dallas bringing Zeke bac

Yup. I meant to mention that.

i'm happy to disagree on Alt. I'm dead wrong if it translates. I have a similar feeling as you with Fashanu. Maybe that's why Wallace looked so good to me. I'm not confident enought to rank them but I think a tier of Alt, Fashanu, Fautanu, Fuaga, Latham, and Mims (alphabetized) is excellent, difficult to predict, and ultimately dependent on future improvement, not current grading. Thus, Mims is my guy. And Latham too. Their potentials are sky high. So yeah, getting coached up will be key.

Last edited:

But if they didn't take Odunze, I think I would rather see the Bears get an edge rusher to compliment Sweat. Hopefully Turner is there, but Verse could be an option (and if you think Verse at 17 makes sense, then the Bears could trade down, get Verse and pick up a pick or two later in the draft).
I don't think it makes sense because that list of players still looks really excellent without Odunze in it.

List out the Bears D and adding a premium defensive player into the mix would greatly improve them more so than Odunze would improve that already quite stacked O.

A good D that firstly, keeps the score down and takes the pressure off a rookie QB, and secondly, puts them in consistently more favourable field positions is a hugely underrated part of being a successful team. Look at the top QB's in the league right now, they all largely play on teams with well above average defensive units.
Pretty much this. I like Odunze, but think the offense has done enough, and that defense could use some more guys. New OC Shane Waldren is also very much a 2-TE guy, so I'm expecting Everett to be on the field not all that much less than he was with the Chargers. I think Keenan Allen had arguably the best season of his career last year and is likely to be extended barring a major injury.

I will say, if QBs go 1-4 (with the Cards trading down) it would be very tempting for the Bears to move up for Harrison, but he's an exception in my opinion. I like Odunze, but they are not on the same level at all. Still, that's probably a pipe dream.

As for the going CB over DE, I just think the talent is more difference making there, and without another pick until round 3, I think pulling the trigger at CB makes more sense. I can agree DE is more of a need with the Bears currently needing a lot of snaps from DeMarcus Walker and Jacob Martin, ideally just rotational guys, but I don't like forcing a need in the top-10.

I very much agree, getting another WR wouldn’t surprise me given Allen’s age but with the way the first 7 picks are looking like offense, (and Atlanta might could go WR too as Mooney & Rondale hardly scare anybody at WR2) the Bears may be in a unique position to draft the top prospect or 2nd best overall defender in this class all the way down at 9.

I very much agree, getting another WR wouldn’t surprise me given Allen’s age but with the way the first 7 picks are looking like offense, (and Atlanta might could go WR too as Mooney & Rondale hardly scare anybody at WR2) the Bears may be in a unique position to draft the top prospect or 2nd best overall defender in this class all the way down at 9.

My issue with this is the top defender in this draft probably isn't a top 10, possibly top 20 prospect. I've visited the Bears thread. I get how much you want a great edge. Sometimes you just can't have nice things, and passing on much better football players is historically a bad idea.

A couple weeks ago the PFF podcasters did a mock based on team needs. The discussion was good stuff. Needs is the kind of thing PFF has dialed in. But they rightfully prefaced the whole program with... Everybody knows drafting for needs is the worst possible approach!!!

Needs drives the discussion this time of year. But mid October when the rookie edge you wanted so bad is getting crushed, and that generational TE you didn't want is lighting up the league....

***Trade***

***Trade***

Ok, terrible was too harsh a word, I agree there. However, especially in the Brian Thomas highlights, far too often he either has to slow down or even stop and come back to the ball. Timing will need to get cleaned up, andI am sure it will happen. Could also just be the speed of Thomas......

Was going to post the same thing. Jurgens is moving over to C. If Cooper DeJean is there at #22, I hope the Eagles take him.

Completely agree!

Really appreciate the work on this and enjoyed the read. I'll comment on the Chargers picks.

In your scenario, with QB4 available at this pick, I would be surprised if the Chargers don't trade down. I think Harbaugh and Hortiz would see much more value in trading down to add one or more extra picks and taking multiple BPAs with those two picks rather than drafting a WR at 1.5. I agree with that perspective, and I hope that is how this plays out.

In your scenario, if they cannot trade down, I think it is more likely they will take Alt than any WR. I also think there is a decent chance they would prefer Bowers and/or Odunze over Nabers.

37. LA Chargers=Tyler Nubin S Minnesota, this might look confusing at first, and perhaps I'm overreacting to a couple things. Harbaugh is a fan of Nubin, calling him a scary guy over the middle in the lead up to the Gophers game, also Derwin James is coming off arguably a career worst season, and is the highest paid Safety in football, with an out after 2024. Nubin is a bit of an older prospect (23 week 1) but is an explosive player who doesn't let guys get behind him. He's also a bit of hitter, who goes for knockout shots over safe tackles and pass deflections.

Respectfully, I do think you are overreacting to those things. In your scenario, with who is available at this pick, I think they would take IOL Frazier, and I would agree with that pick. Or possibly IDL Sweat, and I'd be fine with that too.

Sometimes, teams actually tell you what to expect from them. Harbaugh and Hortiz and the assistant coaches have all been saying since the day they were hired that they will prioritize being strong on both lines. I think they will demonstrate that commitment in this draft. They signed Bozeman who can play center, but he is a stopgap there at best, and he can also play guard if they have another starter at center.

I would be really disappointed if they draft a safety before day 3. Too many good players available here at positions the Chargers need more than safety. They have their two starters at safety for 2024 locked in. They need to draft a player here who can start (e.g., Frazier) or be a significant part of a rotation (e.g., Sweat).

69. LA Chargers=Michael Hall DT Ohio St, very young player who isn't 21 yet, gap shooter at 6-3 290. Has put on 10 pounds since the season ended in the hopes to stay at DT.

I could see this, if he can indeed play DT... I'm not sure if 290 lbs, including +10 lbs since college season ended, will be a fit for the Chargers ideal IDL player. I could see a CB (Hart?), RB (Corum?), WR (several candidates), or TE (Stover?) here. They have real needs at all of those positions in addition to IDL.

These comments reflect that the Chargers need a lot of upgrades -- in no particular order, C, OT, WR, TE, RB, CB, IDL. This illustrates why I hope and expect they trade down from 1.5, since that would presumably enable them to draft 4-5 players in the first 3 rounds rather than just 3 players.

Last edited:
31. San Francisco=Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon, the 49ers are in a spot where they can kinda go BPA all draft. One thing of note, is that they have 3 starting OL on the wrong side of 30. JPJ would be an instant upgrade on the interior, and just turned 21. He does have very short arms, which I think causes a bit of a fall here, but he makes up for it by being extremely powerful. CMC will love him.

63. San Francisco=Kiran Amegadjie T Yale, as I pointed out earlier, SF has 3 starting OL over 30, so double dipping isn't a bad idea. You do always worry a little about FCS guys translating, but he has ideal size 6-5 323, and has them Ivy league smarts.

94. San Francisco=Ja'Lynn Polk WR Washington, not really a need, but I'm hedging a bit if they decide they can't afford Deebo and Aiyuk long term. 6-1 203 4.52, Polk has some similarities to Rashee Rice a year ago. More quick than fast, but good ability to play through contact.

Nicely done for my 49ers. Will be really happy in Powers-Johnson falls to 31. Brendel is OK, but that would be a huge upgrade and SF needs to get younger up front. RT is another area of need. McKivitz is a decent run blocker but not a very good pass blocker, similar to McGlinchey. They need an upgrade there as well and Amegadjie is a good prospect.

Also like going WR in the 3rd, but I think they should take Corley (your next pick to the Chiefs) instead of Polk. Corley plays a style similar to Deebo and I think the 49ers will move on from Deebo in 2025. Hate to see him go, but if it's between Deebo and Aiyuk, Deebo goes IMO.

Appreciate the effort as always.

Really appreciate the work on this and enjoyed the read. I'll comment on the Chargers picks.

In your scenario, with QB4 available at this pick, I would be surprised if the Chargers don't trade down. I think Harbaugh and Hortiz would see much more value in trading down to add one or more extra picks and taking multiple BPAs with those two picks rather than drafting a WR at 1.5. I agree with that perspective, and I hope that is how this plays out.

In your scenario, if they cannot trade down, I think it is more likely they will take Alt than any WR. I also think there is a decent chance they would prefer Bowers and/or Odunze over Nabers.

Respectfully, I do think you are overreacting to those things. In your scenario, with who is available at this pick, I think they would take IOL Frazier, and I would agree with that pick. Or possibly IDL Sweat, and I'd be fine with that too.

Sometimes, teams actually tell you what to expect from them. Harbaugh and Hortiz and the assistant coaches have all been saying since the day they were hired that they will prioritize being strong on both lines. I think they will demonstrate that commitment in this draft. They signed Bozeman who can play center, but he is a stopgap there at best, and he can also play guard if they have another starter at center.

I would be really disappointed if they draft a safety before day 3. Too many good players available here at positions the Chargers need more than safety. They have their two starters at safety for 2024 locked in. They need to draft a player here who can start (e.g., Frazier) or be a significant part of a rotation (e.g., Sweat).

I could see this, if he can indeed play DT... I'm not sure if 290 lbs, including +10 lbs since college season ended, will be a fit for the Chargers ideal IDL player. I could see a CB (Hart?), RB (Corum?), WR (several candidates), or TE (Stover?) here. They have real needs at all of those positions in addition to IDL.

These comments reflect that the Chargers need a lot of upgrades -- in no particular order, C, OT, WR, TE, RB, CB, IDL. This illustrates why I hope and expect they trade down from 1.5, since that would presumably enable them to draft 4-5 players in the first 3 rounds rather than just 3 players.
I had a bit of an internal argument about the Chargers trading down with the Broncos. Again, possibly an overreaction thing, but being a division rival, I kinda came to the conclusion that the Chargers would want too much more for that pick than the Giants would, especially if it meant signing up to face JJ McCarthy twice every year going forward. With the 2 trade up candidates being Denver and Las Vegas, it just seemed more likely than not for a deal not to happen to me.

Users who are viewing this thread