What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (1 Viewer)

I'm trying to drum up some interest in the team threads.
I will take the Cowboys with the Cavaet that I will try my best to follow, but I may be slow to respond and pick.

I will work on a draft needs post (Will post shortly) for the Cowboys and if I can't respond right away maybe the group can intervene and decide based on this post as a guide?

I think we should address cousins first. For the sake of this draft, I'm inclined to say he signs with the Jets but that's just my guess. 
I'm ok with that assumption - and it could happen. I guess to make this "realistic" we would need to place him somewhere and that's a good guess.

Ok, waiting on Cousins to Jets to be made official for purposes of this draft. I think we definitely need to get that out of the way before this thing starts.

In case I am away for an extended period here are my draft thoughts. My Cowboys team needs ranked in order:

WR- Regardless of whether Dez is released, restructured or back "as is" - this team needs another option at WR.  Looking for better route running, ability to generate separation and has vertical abilities.  

LB - Sean Lee is so under-rated it's not even funny. He is getting old and struggles to stay on the field.  Jaylon Smith continues to recover and improve his play.  This team is paper thin at Backer and I believe this will be addressed early rounds in the draft.

FS- I am sick of the Bryon Jones experiment.  He is not a FS.  He is a press corner or slot CB.  Decent coverage skills, but can't and won't tackle.  This team needs Earl Thomas, but if that doesn't happen. I expect new DB's coach Kris Richards banging the table for a true Free Safety.

1 Tech- We struggled against strong inside running teams.  Need a big DT to cause some havoc and eat up blockers and let our LB's clean up.

TE- Witten. Love you man, retire already though. Need guys to get open and generate separation.  Not sure what we have with Rico Gathers yet either.

OT- The Atlanta game with no Tyron Smith showed why this has to be addressed from a depth standpoint and with the nagging back issues for Tyron.

CB- Like QB's I would always look at what is available.  You can never have too many good ones.

Other general comments:

Draft BPA - with exceptions to a couple spots that simply are not round 1 team needs (QB/RB/DE/O-line) The OT can wait at least until round 2 

No trading up in round 1 and no reaching we have plenty of needs, no need to reach for any one player.

No position "projects", they have to play the position. Sick of "projects" especially in the early rounds.

ONLY draft players from big schools, players with no current injuries and team Captains preferred.

Hope this helps...if I am not able to be around to pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m preparing with the thinking that the Browns throw the bank at Cousins. I’m prepared to pick @ 1.1 under that assumption unless the group seems that unrealistic 

I'm snowmobiling in Yellowstone on Friday & Saturday (look at me!) and will be unavailable those days.

I could help this out around that schedule though. Vikings are first choice. I'll take another if asked.

I’m preparing with the thinking that the Browns throw the bank at Cousins. I’m prepared to pick @ 1.1 under that assumption unless the group seems that unrealistic 
@-OZ- said he wanted to start from the premise that Cousins is a Jet. Personally, I'm ok with him switching that to the Browns, but honestly I don't see that happening. I think he's a Bronco or Jet (in that order) if I had to guess.

@-OZ- said he wanted to start from the premise that Cousins is a Jet. Personally, I'm ok with him switching that to the Browns, but honestly I don't see that happening. I think he's a Bronco or Jet (in that order) if I had to guess.
I have no problem having him go to another team if my scenario is unrealistic. 

Andy Dufresne said:
I think Cousins goes to Arizona. But my guess is no better than anyone else's.
They have $9MM in cap space available so I don't see that - but of course I can't completely rule it out. From a pure football and lifestyle viewpoint, it would make sense.

Dr. Octopus said:

Andy Dufresne said:
I think Cousins goes to Arizona. But my guess is no better than anyone else's.

They have $9MM in cap space available so I don't see that - but of course I can't completely rule it out. From a pure football and lifestyle viewpoint, it would make sense.

I dont have the time to be involved but throwing my 2 cents in...i think its best if each team assumes Cousins is on some other team rather than gifting him to a team.
Those are all fine premises and frankly I don't think anyone knows. My first thought was to put him on the best team / latest picking realistic team. Mostly to clear up the top of the draft as everyone needing a QB who currently do. But that's either the Vikings, which I do think resign their own guy(s). Next would be Buffalo. But nobody is really talking about him going there. Then the cards but as mentioned cap space is a thing. 

So for the sake of this draft, let's roll with cousins retired. Feel free to mention that you think your team would sign him.

With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

Losing out in the Cousins’ sweepstakes didn’t really affect this pick at all. This GM comes from the line of thinking that a dominant front 4 is the second most important aspect to building a Super Bowl Championship caliber team. Pairing Chubb with Garrett and Shelton will be the foundation of defensive greatness for the Browns

With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

Losing out in the Cousins’ sweepstakes didn’t really affect this pick at all. This GM comes from the line of thinking that a dominant front 4 is the second most important aspect to building a Super Bowl Championship caliber team. Pairing Chubb with Garrett and Shelton will be the foundation of defensive greatness for the Browns
That defensive line would be worth 6 wins in itself

I don't have a trade value chart so I'm not sure if I'm getting ripped off value-wise but the NY Giants and Buffalo Bills have reached a deal.

Giants send their first (#2) & fourth (#98) for Buffalo's first (#21), Kansas City's first (#22) & Ram's second (#56)

JetMaxx said:
Come on man, this is a new day for The Dawg Pound!!
But...............GRONK.  You could have Gronk.  And Cousins, and use 1.4 on Barkley.  Use 1.31 on a receiver.  Rebuild the entire offense in one day.

OK, trade offer is off the table !

I don't have a trade value chart so I'm not sure if I'm getting ripped off value-wise but the NY Giants and Buffalo Bills have reached a deal.

Giants send their first (#2) & fourth (#98) for Buffalo's first (#21), Kansas City's first (#22) & Buffalo's second (#56)
I will mention that pick #56 is from the LA Rams and Buffalo still has pick #53

Giants send their first (#2) & fourth (#98) for Buffalo's first (#21), Kansas City's first (#22) & Buffalo's second (#56)
According to the chart :

Picks 2 & 98 have a "value" of 2,708

21, 22, and 56 have a value of 1,920

The delta of 788 points is equivalent to a mid-late first rounder (ironically right between picks 21 and 22.)  Giants got hosed. 

With the 2nd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

Buffalo is elated to have their choice between Darnold and Rosen. Rumors have been swirling, which I believe to be true, that the Bills are enamored with Rosen. The long wait is over and Buffalo gets their franchise QB.

Yeah, I have to admit I couldn't accept this trade any faster once the offer was on the table. Don't feel so bad. Someone will be there to backup Eli for a year or 2 at pick #21
I'm not really.

I think it makes sense for the type of player(s) the Giants need. I don't know if the trade chart means all that much anymore when all is said and done. I could have got a future pick also, but what good does that really do me here? Since this is supposed to be "want" based I'm working under the assumption that many fans and local radio hosts feel that the Giants believe the can get 2-3 more years out of Eli and that Davis Webb has looked great in camp and practices and has the ability to be the heir apparent.

ETA: Also maybe I'm a bitter Jets' fan that doesn't want to see the Giants even "out-tank" the Jets to get a franchise QB.

I'm not really.

I think it makes sense for the type of player(s) the Giants need. I don't know if the trade chart means all that much anymore when all is said and done. I could have got a future pick also, but what good does that really do me here? Since this is supposed to be "want" based I'm working under the assumption that many fans and local radio hosts that the Giants believe the can get 2-3 more years out of Eli and that Davis Webb has looked great in camp and practices and has the ability to be the heir apparent.
Well, if it's any consolation, if you use Chase Stuart's chart instead of the "Jimmy Johnson" chart....

Picks 2 & 98 are worth 35.6 points

Picks 21, 22, and 56 are worth 39.1 points.

So according to that, you got the better end of the deal.

"I don't know, Mel - I think the Giants got the better end of that deal..."

(cut to shot of Bills war room populated exclusively by chimpanzees)

Well, if it's any consolation, if you use Chase Staurt's chart instead of the "Jimmy Johnson" chart....

Picks 2 & 98 are worth 35.6 points

Picks 21, 22, and 56 are worth 39.1 points.

So according to that, you got the better end of the deal.

"I don't know, Mel - I think the Giants got the better end of that deal..."

(cut to shot of Bills war room populated exclusively by chimpanzees)
Who has the better hair?

With the third pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Sam Darnold, QB, USC.

Darnold is an accurate passer and becomes the heir apparent to Roethlisberger.

Pick 4 is on the clock.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Steelers acquired pick 3 in exchange for Anthony Chickillo and a 2019 6th rounder.

Sneaky Steelers.
I just decided to run up to the podium and make the pick while Goodell was taking a dump backstage.  Also, without his knowledge, we affixed a live mic to his lapel so the entire audience would hear him grunting.  Fiber, Roger, fiber.

Pick 4 on the clock.

:loco:  What is going on? Glad I got my pick out of the way...

Thread / draft already hijacked. Monkeys, ADHD GM's, POOP!

Indy had worked out a trade with Tampa Bay last Sunday for 1.03. @Grahamburn said deal was contingent on his guy being available. He is around so it shouldn't be long. Any other late offers for 1.03 ?

Users who are viewing this thread