What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ok, so what do you want your team to do this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Gatorman

Supreme Elite Maximum Tier
Please specify the team and draft and or after the draft this weekend: (you can go specific player or be more general, doesn't matter to me)

MIAMI DOLPHINS: well, with only 4 picks, here is what I'd like to see:
TE, O Line, DT, and maybe a RB. TE to me is key, and someone who can compete at right tackle. The bill for DT on this team comes due next year, so we better have some cheap options waiting in the wings
Trade Ced Wilson for cap space and maybe a day 2 or day 3 pick (most likely day 3)
Hit on some UDFA since we have no picks. Miami has had one or two guys from the UDFA pool make the team the past few years, and BC our draft class will be small many of those undrafted guys may see an oppportunity here.

DO NOT!!!! Trade up and lose future draft capital. We have a 2 year window based on what we have done this past year. We are likely going to have to make some hard decisions and having draft picks in 24 and 25 should help that.

Eagles - while they have 2 first round picks, they do not have any picks in the 4th, 5th, or 6th.

Trade down from 10 into the mid-teens and take the best defensive player.

Kansas City Chiefs:

Needs:
Edge rusher, offensive line, receivers, TE

What I think is going to happen: I think Veach won't be able to help himself and will trade UP to grab someone who is falling. Maybe one of the WR.

What should happen: Stay put and take best player available between those three positions. We need an edge rusher desparately.

What I want to happen: As much as it would suck to be at the draft (which I will) and not have the Chiefs pick in the first round, I would want them to trade down and get more picks. Veach has been MONEY in the middle to late rounds, and the Chiefs need to continue to get younger and keep this window open. But, I don't think Clark Hunt wants him to trade down as a reward for all the Chiefs fans that will be there Thursday night.

Kansas City Chiefs:

Needs:

What I think is going to happen: I think Veach won't be able to help himself and will trade UP to grab someone who is falling. Maybe one of the WR.

What should happen: Stay put and take best player available between those three positions. We need an edge rusher desparately.

What I want to happen: As much as it would suck to be at the draft (which I will) and not have the Chiefs pick in the first round, I would want them to trade down and get more picks. Veach has been MONEY in the middle to late rounds, and the Chiefs need to continue to get younger and keep this window open. But, I don't think Clark Hunt wants him to trade down as a reward for all the Chiefs fans that will be there Thursday night.
interesting thought. I wonder how much that will play into things...

Kansas City Chiefs:

Needs:

interesting thought. I wonder how much that will play into things...
I think it will play into it a lot.

Clark Hunt has been on the record saying he wants the Chiefs to have a pick in the first round of the draft being held in Kansas City. So of all those scenarios I see Veach trading up. It's in his DNA to do that. If they actually make their pick at 31 I'll be shocked.

Clark Hunt has been on the record saying he wants the Chiefs to have a pick in the first round of the draft being held in Kansas City. So of all those scenarios I see Veach trading up. It's in his DNA to do that. If they actually make their pick at 31 I'll be shocked.
For Bijan Robinson :wub:

Raiders:

Defense, defense and defense.

take Best Defensive Player Available at 1.7. NOT a QB.
sure the raiders need a QB of the Future, but grab one in the 3rd (heck and grab another in the 6th or 7th)

I want DT, CB, LB, DE, OL, and grab one of the TEs mid/late in this deep class.

San Francisco

I would like to see them address needs along both lines and the defensive backfield. I wouldn’t mind them packaging picks to move up if there is a prospect that they like at one of those positions. With no picks until the end of round 3 it would more than likely be for a move up to earlier in that round, at best, I imagine.

More importantly is what I don’t want them to do - trade Trey Lance. There was some amount of luck involved in regards to Brock Purdy happening and I wouldn’t feel very comfortable going into the year with his status being unknown and only Sam Darnold to fall back on. I don’t know how they can be for certain that Brock will be ready to go or that Darnold will just be the next plug and play QB in this system. That just seems reckless to me.

Chicago Bears

Don't take Paris Johnson at #9 is probably my first choice. Honestly, I don't really want to take an OL until day 3. Its not that big of a need. DL, CB, RB are the positions I'd want to address in the draft.

At #9, I've come around completely on Bijan Robinson, and its honestly what I'm hoping for. I like Khalil Herbert, but he's probably best suited as a COP RB. and Foreman didn't sign a contract that forces him to be more than a backup. I see that as an almost indefensible running game, especially as modern defenses aren't built to stop the run at all. If Carter or Witherspoon are there at 9 take them, but assuming they aren't I'm on team Bijan.

At #53, I like a guy like Tyrique Stevenson there. I think Kyler Gordon and Jaylon Johnson are a decent young duo, but they need that 3rd guy.

At #61, Keeanu Benton would be a nice addition to the interior. and give them a reasonably ok group there.

At #64, I like Benton's teammate Nick Herbig. He's super undersized for a DE at 6-2 240, but he's got some elite pass rush skills. If that size is a no-go, maybe a guy like Isaiah Foskey?

Not make everyone on a livestream laugh when they announce the pick.
At least with Al gone you don’t need a chart of 40-times to know who the Raiders will take.

Yeah, now with Al gone, we just need to look at players ranked the round AFTER our pick, and that will be the ones we draft.
(Hopeful that McD and Ziegler have changed this for the raiders after a solid draft last year)

For Bijan Robinson :wub:
God I hope not.
I actually hope Quentin Johnson goes to KC, because I want everyone's least favorite player to go to everyone's favorite fantasy destination.

Detroit Lions:

Draft Picks:

1.06 CB Devon Witherspoon
(or Christian Gonzalez)

1.18 ED Nolan Smith
(or Calijah Kancey)

2.48 G Steve Avila
(or Darnell Washington)

2.55 DI Keeanu Benton
(or Adetomiwa Adebawore or Siaka Ika)

3.81 TE Tucker Kraft
(or Cedric Tillman or Rashee Rice or AT Perry)

5.152 DI Kobe Turner
(or Sidy Sow or Andrew Vorhees)

5.159 HB Sean Tucker
(or Chase Brown or Davis Allen)

6.183 QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson
(or Clayton Tune)

6.194 WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton
(or Starling Thomas V or Jalen Moreno-Cropper)

Seahawks - pick 5 can be real interesting. Clearly going to have a difference making DL/Edge available which we can sure use, or possibly somebody wants to pick up a QB that "slips".

I hope we trade the pick and given our track record I think we will. Trade back and pick up a 1st next year and get into the Harrison Jr lottery. Also would mean that the Russ trade is evergreen and still giving to us.

I'm a pass on any QB that's not a Hooker this year.

At 20 I think BPA, leaning Edge. We have the luxury of not needing to spend high capital on T or CB, so lets not do that.

Need a backup RB for the Walker. So maybe round 3 there or maybe they grab a vet cap casualty, I'm fine either way.

C, G and a LB for Wagner to mentor would be sweet.

Would love for Hooker (possible) or Levis (out of the top 4 I think he's most likely to drop) to be there when the Steelers pick at 2.1 to see if they trade back and what they get.

Players I want the Eagles to take in the 1st: Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, Broderick Jones

Players I don't want the Eagles to take in the 1st: Peter Skoronski

Players I wouldn't care if they took: Bijan Robinson, Brian Branch, Lucas Van Ness, Paris Johnson, any of the cornerbacks

Honestly, as long as they don't take Skoronski, I don't care who they take. I wouldn't even care if they took Smith-Njigba.

TITANS
NEED: OL, WR, QB*
don’t trade up for a QB with the possible exception of Stroud falling and it NOT costing next year’s first.
I would like a trade down but don’t see that as likely.
Take the LT you feel best about. I think that’s Paris Johnson but will trust Ran.
WR in the second or third (Tillman could be good).
If they trade Henry, I’d welcome chase brown in the mid rounds but would rather keep the king.
I’m okay rolling with tannehill and Willis.

TITANS
don’t trade up for a QB with the possible exception of Stroud falling and it NOT costing next year’s first.
Take the LT you feel best about. I think that’s Paris Johnson but will trust Ran.
If they trade Henry, I’d welcome chase brown in the mid rounds but would rather keep the king.
In Dark mode this is the equivalent of a polar bear eating ranch dressing in a snowstorm on an ice float.

TITANS
In Dark mode this is the equivalent of a polar bear eating ranch dressing in a snowstorm on an ice float.
My polar bear prefers mayonnaise with olives.

TITANS
My polar bear prefers mayonnaise with olives.
I almost said mayonnaise but the visual made me a little sick so I went with ranch. 🤢

San Francisco

I would like to see them address needs along both lines and the defensive backfield. I wouldn’t mind them packaging picks to move up if there is a prospect that they like at one of those positions. With no picks until the end of round 3 it would more than likely be for a move up to earlier in that round, at best, I imagine.

More importantly is what I don’t want them to do - trade Trey Lance. There was some amount of luck involved in regards to Brock Purdy happening and I wouldn’t feel very comfortable going into the year with his status being unknown and only Sam Darnold to fall back on. I don’t know how they can be for certain that Brock will be ready to go or that Darnold will just be the next plug and play QB in this system. That just seems reckless to me.
Agree on not trading Lance, especially at anything close to his current perceived value.

Assuming no trades, would like to see them grab an OT, TE and DB with the 3rd rounders. Haven’t done as much draft research this year so nobody in particular. Think they can pass on DL this year. Good depth and the have 2022 redshirt Kalia Davis in the fold. Lot of DB and OL shots in the 5-7th

Buffalo

Come out of the first 4 rounds with some combo of WR/TE/LB/OL.

DT is obviously a future need as they have zero DTs signed beyond this year, but they’ve spent so heavily on defense at the expense of the offense that it would make me a bit ill if they invested an early pick at (IMO) a fairly non-premium position. Especially when they’ve been so bad at identifying/developing D-line talent in the draft as it is.

Players I want the Eagles to take in the 1st: Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, Broderick Jones

Players I wouldn't care if they took: Bijan Robinson, Brian Branch, Lucas Van Ness, Paris Johnson, any of the cornerbacks

Honestly, as long as they don't take Skoronski, I don't care who they take. I wouldn't even care if they took Smith-Njigba.
What don't you like about Skoronski? I ask because he's BY FAR the #1 OL on my board. Is it the arm length?

Chicago Bears

Don't take Paris Johnson at #9 is probably my first choice. Honestly, I don't really want to take an OL until day 3. Its not that big of a need. DL, CB, RB are the positions I'd want to address in the draft.
How odd 'cuz I was coming here to post that I hope we get Johnson. He is a beast, perennial Pro Bowl type of tackle from what I've read and heard. Truth is there's holes everywhere and with Johnson being a generational talent, why not secure one for an incredibly important position?

What don't you like about Skoronski? I ask because he's BY FAR the #1 OL on my board. Is it the arm length?
On the radio yesterday an analyst was breaking down his game and believed the Tyrannosaurus rex arms were going to be a significant issue against elite pass rushers.

I forget who it was, but he made a pretty strong case.

I prefer Broderick Jones to all the 1st round rated OT. IMO, Jones has the size to add another 25 lbs to his frame without losing any mobility, he more athletic and has higher upside than Skoronski or Johnson. I would rather take the raw guy with the physical tools and put him with Stoutland for 2 years to develop the right mechanics.

Skoronski is the least athletic of the three OL I would consider with #10 and I think projects as an NFL guard only. I think Jones will be able to play guard to start and then be able slide to RT when Lane Johnson retires. I'm not sure Skoronski will be able to do that.

Chicago Bears

How odd 'cuz I was coming here to post that I hope we get Johnson. He is a beast, perennial Pro Bowl type of tackle from what I've read and heard. Truth is there's holes everywhere and with Johnson being a generational talent, why not secure one for an incredibly important position?
Johnson makes me nervous that high. He feels like a top-20 pick, and not a top-10 to me. There is a lot of upside, but he's gonna struggle as a rookie, he's pretty raw, and was only a 1-year tackle at Ohio State. I just think he's a reach, and honestly OL is such a small need for the Bears.

On the radio yesterday an analyst was breaking down his game and believed the Tyrannosaurus rex arms were going to be a significant issue against elite pass rushers.

On the flip side, Northwestern coaches said he's a better player than Rashawn Slater was. Ironically, Slater had similar arm length questions.

At this moment, Baltimore only has 5 picks (no 2nd or 7th). I fully expect them to acquire more, but let's say they don't. Of course, the thing with their QB may drive & change everything here but....

CB
WR
Interior OL
Interior DL since every one of those they have rostered will be FAs after 2023
RB/Edge

I'm pretty sure CB & WR will be their first two picks, barring a trade. I'm not smart enough to put names to any of these. I also noticed that Jeff Z (Ravens' beat writer over at The Athletic) has them taking Stetson Bennett late.

Some dude on NFLN has Baltimore trading up to 1.04 and taking Stroud, but I don't know what they could trade - outside of Jackson - to get them there.

Detroit Lions:

Draft Picks:

(or Christian Gonzalez)

1.18 ED Nolan Smith
(or Calijah Kancey)

2.48 G Steve Avila
(or Darnell Washington)

2.55 DI Keeanu Benton

3.81 TE Tucker Kraft

5.152 DI Kobe Turner

5.159 HB Sean Tucker

(or Clayton Tune)

Love the players here, only caveat I would add is a WR in round 2 or 3 seems like a must to me, plus getting another WR somewhere else. This hits those other needs like outside CB, edge, DI, future OG.

NEW ENGLAND
The Pats generally find later round gems at OL and CB. Yet they are rumored to be looking at OL and CB at 14. I doubt they would take a WR at 14 (too early). I think they probably have their eye on A SPECIFIC CB or A SPECIFIC OL. I don't see them moving up, so I will guess the two guys they want won't fall to them, and they ultimately will trade down (as another team will see the guy they want still on the board). I see NE swapping first round picks and adding a second rounder.

With the pick they traded down for, I can see them taking WR Zay Flowers. They have been all over him for months. They just came out and essentially said you can find good receivers outside of the first round, which to me sounds like a diversion. I can also see BB taking a TE in Round 2 if the guy he wants is there. With their other 2nd, I think they will go Edge or DB. They will probably add a couple of OL and CB, they usually take a RB, and they may actually draft a PK (Moody from UM). They probably have more picks then they can use, so Bill moving up and down the board is to be expected.

Detroit Lions:

Draft Picks:

(or Christian Gonzalez)

1.18 ED Nolan Smith
(or Calijah Kancey)

2.48 G Steve Avila
(or Darnell Washington)

2.55 DI Keeanu Benton

3.81 TE Tucker Kraft

5.152 DI Kobe Turner

5.159 HB Sean Tucker

(or Clayton Tune)

Love the players here, only caveat I would add is a WR in round 2 or 3 seems like a must to me, plus getting another WR somewhere else. This hits those other needs like outside CB, edge, DI, future OG.

yeah 55 is a great place to draft a Volunteer WR

Giants:
  • Take a CB and interior o-lineman early to potentially get starters in both areas.
  • Take a RB in the middle rounds to potentially be Barkley's successor, or at least upgrade the depth at RB. They should be trying to take the load off Barkley and need an upgraded backup.
  • Take a QB at some point to develop.
  • Take a WR who isn't a small slot WR.

Chicago Bears

Johnson makes me nervous that high. He feels like a top-20 pick, and not a top-10 to me. There is a lot of upside, but he's gonna struggle as a rookie, he's pretty raw, and was only a 1-year tackle at Ohio State. I just think he's a reach, and honestly OL is such a small need for the Bears.

On the flip side, Northwestern coaches said he's a better player than Rashawn Slater was. Ironically, Slater had similar arm length questions.

Slater may have arm length issues, but his athletic numbers are elite in almost every category.

Like I said, Skoronski projects as a guard in the NFL. I don't think he'll be very good as a tackle.

Jets

Can we finally figure out if Aaron Rodgers is playing for the Jets, or what?

Other than that, I have no idea what to say about the draft, because speculating about which picks the Jets are sending is fruitless. We will find out on draft day.

Users who are viewing this thread