What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (2 Viewers)

I'm going to bow out if we do beyond Round 4 as I'm starting to get stretched at this point. Willing to get in on a post-combine mock down the road though.

Dr. Octopus said:
I'm going to bow out if we do beyond Round 4 as I'm starting to get stretched at this point. Willing to get in on a post-combine mock down the road though.
I'm with you.

Dr. Octopus said:
Same. Post-combine and after a week or so of Free Agency starts, it would be fun to do another one. 

Steelers have no 4th round pick, so I'm off. However, let me just add that Mayock joined Kiper today in projecting Vander Esch to the Steelers, both long after this mock. Then, Tony Pauline followed up by mocking Kyzir White to Pittsburgh with their SECOND round pick (I took him in the 3rd.)* 

Just proves what I've known for a while; the national draft "experts" are watching my mocks and cribbing my Steelers picks. It's been happening for years now.
Daniel Jeremiah just mocked Vander Esch to Pittsburgh.

You guys are lucky you have me here to get these projections before the national media copies them and spreads them to the rest of the football-loving world.  You're getting SCOOP here, guys.  Remember that it=info, and there's no expiration date by it.

Are we going with MC Escher as the actual pick for the Stillers? Just curious because that seems like an obvious reach there.

Wait until after the combine. 
Mock draft from The Ringer today :

17. Los Angeles Chargers: LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State

There might not be a player who raised his stock at the combine more than Vander Esch, who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds, the three-cone in 6.88 seconds, and jumped 39.5 inches in the vertical—all at 6-foot-4 and 256 pounds. It wouldn’t be surprising if defensive coordinator Gus Bradley sees a little K.J. Wright in the linebacker’s game: rangy enough to play in the middle but big enough to set the edge on the outside. Vander Esch is long, instinctive, and offers three-down potential as both a run defender and coverage ’backer.

Mock draft from The Ringer today :

17. Los Angeles Chargers: LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State

There might not be a player who raised his stock at the combine more than Vander Esch, who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds, the three-cone in 6.88 seconds, and jumped 39.5 inches in the vertical—all at 6-foot-4 and 256 pounds. It wouldn’t be surprising if defensive coordinator Gus Bradley sees a little K.J. Wright in the linebacker’s game: rangy enough to play in the middle but big enough to set the edge on the outside. Vander Esch is long, instinctive, and offers three-down potential as both a run defender and coverage ’backer.
I'd much rather have DT Payne or even DT Hurst at that spot, given DT Vea was taken at 1.11.

Just letting Nuke George and the rest of the SP know that your old buddy EG doesn't make reach picks. They may seem that way at the time if you're comparing my selections with the expectations of the pikers in the national media, but you're getting shinfo weeks or months ahead of the rest of the draftnik world. 

My round 2 pick, Hubbard, has turned up in the first round of a couple mocks I've seen, and my round 3 pick, White, I've seen mocked to Pittsburgh in the second in at least 2 drafts.

There's no expiration date by it, kids. 

Just letting Nuke George and the rest of the SP know that your old buddy EG doesn't make reach picks. They may seem that way at the time if you're comparing my selections with the expectations of the pikers in the national media, but you're getting shinfo weeks or months ahead of the rest of the draftnik world. 

My round 2 pick, Hubbard, has turned up in the first round of a couple mocks I've seen, and my round 3 pick, White, I've seen mocked to Pittsburgh in the second in at least 2 drafts.

There's no expiration date by it, kids. 
We'll give big kudos, after the draft.

We'll give big kudos, after the draft.
After free agency, I'm not convinced the Steelers will draft the same positions. This is more about being ahead of the national media. 

All kidding aside, that's why I swim in the shark pool. A lot of times, the homers here are way more in tune with what guys may interest their teams than a guy like Kiper, who has to evaluate every player and the needs of 32 teams. 

EG is soft and easily self impressed .It’s easy making one pick and patting yourself on the back. Try making 6 home run picks for the Browns that reshape a franchise. Put on some big boy pants the next time you Mock

EG is soft and easily self impressed .It’s easy making one pick and patting yourself on the back. Try making 6 home run picks for the Browns that reshape a franchise. Put on some big boy pants the next time you Mock
Maybe the Browns should try making one good pick. :lol:

Draft order

1      1.01       JetMaxx                CLE                                                       Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
2      1.02       BlueDredSo         BUF (from NYG)                                   Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
3      1.03       Ben & Jerry's        IND                                                        Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
4      1.04       JetMaxx                CLE (from HOU)                                  Sam Darnold, QB, USC
5      1.05       Nucular George   DEN                                                      Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
6      1.06       Dr. Octopus          NYJ                                                       Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
7      1.07       Grahamburn         TB                                                         Vita Vea, NT, Washington
8      1.08       OZ                         CHI  Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, bama

9      1.09       efactor                  SFT  TremaineEdmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

10    1.10       krsone21             OAK. Denzel Ward DB Ohio State

11    1.11        biabreakable                 MIA. Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
12    1.12       oz                 AZ (from CIN) Josh Allen, QB Wyoming
13    1.13       evil smiley guy               WAS Roquan Smith, lb Georgia
14    1.14       jtd13              GB Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
15    1.15       snorkelson                  CIN (from AZ) Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame
16    1.16       Mr irrelevant                  BAL, Calvin Ridley WR ROLL TIDE
17    1.17       Ben & Jerry's       LAC Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
18    1.18       Duckboy               SEA Derwin James, FSU
19    1.19       Bankerguy            DAL Maurice Hurst DT Michigan 
20    1.20       ilov80s ?               DET Harold Landry DE BC
21    1.21       Dr. Octopus          NYG Connor Williams OT Texas
22    1.22       Dr. Octopus          NYG (from KC, thru BUF) Billy Price OC/OG Ohio State
23    1.23       Nucular George               LAR Arden Key DE LSU 
24    1.24       pantherclub          CAR Christian Kirk WR Texas 
25    1.25       OZ                         TEN Isaiah Wynn, G/C/OT, Georgia
26    1.26       _____                   ATL Taven Bryan, DT Florida
27    1.27       Nucular George                 NO Rasheen Evans, LB ROLL TIDE
28    1.28       Evilgrin 72            PIT Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise St.
29    1.29       Mr. Brownstone   JAX QB Mason Rudolph
30    1.30       Andy Dufresne     MIN Marcus Davenport, DE UTSA
31    1.31       Dr. Octopus ?       NE QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville.
32    1.32       -------         PHI Malik Jefferson, LB TExas

TRADE: Cincy trades 1.12/5.12 for the cards 1.15/3.15. 

TRADE: Buffalo 21,22, Rams 2nd for Giants 2 

Round 2

Cleveland (0-16) .520 Ronald Jones II, RB, USC

New York Giants (3-13) .531 RB Derrius Guice, LSU.

Cleveland - from Houston (4-12) .516 Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

Indianapolis (4-12) .480 Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

New York Jets (5-11) .520. Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

Tampa Bay (5-11) .555 Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

Chicago (5-11) .559 Cortland Sutton, WR, SMU

Denver (5-11) .492 Brian O'Neill, OT Pitt

Oakland (6-10)# .512 Harrison Phillips DT Stanford

Miami (6-10) .543 James Daniels C/G Iowa

New England - from San Francisco (6-10)# .512 Rasheem Green DE USC

Washington (7-9) .539 CB Isaiah Oliver, Colorado

Green Bay (7-9) .539 Equanamious St. Brown WR, Notre Dame.

Cincinnati (7-9) .465 Jaire Alexander, CB louisville

Arizona (8-8) .488 Kolton Miller, OT UCLA

Los Angeles Chargers (9-7) .457 Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

New York Jets - from Seattle (9-7) .492 James Washington WR Oklahoma

Dallas (9-7) .496 Justin Reid, S, Stanford

Detroit (9-7) .496 - Tim Settle- dt Virginia Tech 

Baltimore (9-7) .441 Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

Buffalo* (9-7) .492 DE/OLB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - Oklahoma

Kansas City* (10-6) .477 Donte Jackson CB LSU

Carolina* (11-5) .539 Nick Chubb, RB Georgia 

Giants from Buffalo - from Los Angeles Rams* (11-5) .504 Micah Kiser LB Virginia

Tennessee* (9-7) .434 Dorance Armstrong, DE/OLB, Kansas

Atlanta* (10-6) .543 Martinas Rankin OT/OG  Mississippi

San Francisco - from New Orleans* (11-5) .535 Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State

Pittsburgh* (13-3) .453 Sam Hubbard, OLB, Ohio St.

Jacksonville* (10-6) .434 Jackrabbit TE Dallas Goedert

Minnesota* (13-3) .492 Chukwuma Okorafor OT Western Michigan

New England* (13-3) .484 TE Mark Andrews, Oklahoma

Cleveland - from Philadelphia* (13-3) .461 Deon Cain, WR, Clemson

3rd Round

65 Cleveland Mike Gesicki, TE, PSU

66 NY Giants DT Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama.

67 Indianapolis Darius Leonard, LB, S.C. St.

68 Houston Braden Smith, OL Auburn

69 Tampa Bay Frank Ragnow, C/G, Arkansas

70 SF J C Jackson, CB, Maryland

71 Denver Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

72 NY Jets OT Will Clapp LSU

73 Miami Jerome Baker OLB Ohio State.

74 San Francisco Quinton Meeks, CB, Stanford.

75 Oakland Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon

76 Green Bay Nick Nelson CB Wisconsin

77 Cincinnati Luke Falk, qb Washington st

78 KC Josey Jewell ILB Iowa

79 Cincy (from Arizona) Dalton Schultz, TE Stanford

80 BAL Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State

81 Dallas DJ Moore WR Maryland

82 Detroit Rashaad Penny RB San Diego State 

83 HOU Geron Christian, OT Louisville

84 LA Chargers Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond

85 CAR Jaylen samuels, ???, NC St

86 Kansas City Auden Tate, WR, FSU

87 LA Rams Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis

88 Carolina Bradley Bozeman, G-C, Alabama

89 Tennessee Duke Dawson, CB, Florida

90 Atlanta Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest

91 New Orleans Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State

92 Pittsburgh Kyzir White, S, West Virginia

93 Jacksonville  OG Austin Corbett, Nevada

94 Minnesota RJ McIntosh JR. DT Miami

95 New England Taylor Hearn OG Clemson

Bills - Dante Pettis, WR Wash

Cardinals - Lorenzo Carter, OLB Georgia

Texans - Marcus Allen, S PSU

3-99 Broncos Tegray Scales, ILB, Indiana

3-100 Bengals Simmie cobbs jr, wr ind

4th Round

97 Cleveland  Kerryon Johnson, RB Auburn

98 NY Giants OLB Hercules Mataafa Washington State

99 Houston Rashaan Gaulden, CB Tennessee

100 Indianapolis Ade Aruna, DE, Tulane

101 Chicago Marcell Ateman, WR Ok St.

102 Denver Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama

103 NY Jets Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon

104 Tampa Bay Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest

105 DEN  Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State

106 Oakland Uchenna Nwosu LB USC

107 Miami DeShon Elliott FS Texas Longhorns

108 Cincinnati Armani Watts, S Texas A&M

109 Washington Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana

110 Green Bay Oren Burks ILB Vandy

111 CHI Desmond Harrison, OT West Georgia

112 Dallas Christian Sam, LB ASU

113 Detroit DE Jalyn Holmes from Ohio State

114 Baltimore Mike White, QB, W. Kentucky

115 LA Chargers Kalen Ballage, RB, ASU

116 Seattle EDGE Kemeko Turay, Rutgers

117 Buffalo Nyheim Hines, RB NC St

118 Kansas City Chad Thomas, DE Miami

119 CLE Terrell Edmunds, Safety Virginia Tech

120 LA Rams  (Chiefs after Peters trade) M.J. Stewart, CB, Maryland

121 Tennessee Derrick Nnadi, DT, Florida State

122 Atlanta

123 New Orleans

124 SF

125 Jacksonville

126 MIA

127 PHI

128 Philadelphia

Comp picks

4th round, pick 133 — Packers

4th round, pick 134 — Cardinals

4th round, pick 135 — Giants

4th round, pick 136 — Patriots

4th round, pick 137 — Cowboys
Any guesses on how accurate this will be?

Over/under 10%?

Any guesses on how accurate this will be?

Over/under 10%?
Under overall

For SF, I may hit on Edmunds in the 1st and Meeks in the 3rd.  Gallup in the 2nd is early and JC Jackson in the 3rd seems a total miss.  Josh Sweat in the 4th was a steal though..............

The Miami Dolphins select Jerome Baker OLB Ohio State.

Considered five different players for Miami here but ultimately decided that Baker fills the biggest need for the Dolphins at this point. I wish he was a bit stronger and played off of blocks better than he does, but maybe that is something that he can improve on in the NFL. He has very good speed, reacts quickly in coverage to his assignment. May not be an early down player early in his career but still has a role in cover packages and he can be an effective blitzer.

I read an interesting thing about Baker that he was used as a spy on Sanquon Barkley and responsible for sniffing out those draw plays and keeping Barkley from doing too much in that game.

Also hat tip to @jtd13 who I consulted with about who the best pick for Miami might be. Baker was his top option of several players he was considering. I ended up agreeing with him. If I had selected Roquan Smith in the first round instead of Joshua Jackson then this pick likely would have been to address the secondary.

jtd13 you are on the clock for the Pack
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread