What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (2 Viewers)

I'm so hung over. Whatever... Steelers take Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise St. I have to go throw up. 
49ers trade TE Garrett Celek and 2017 and 2018 7th rounders to Pittsburgh for Vander Esch. 

Steelers get Celek to pair with ex 49er McDonald and SF gets another LB. 

Win, win. Book it!  

I am surprised to see how all over the place draft community is on Landry. I see some mocking him top 20 and others have 5 other pass rushers ranked ahead of him. 

Best value pick so far IMO is Derwin James at #19. I think he goes in the 10-12 range.

Kirk seems over drafted at 24. Like him but think he goes in mid to late 2nd round. Hope he is still there when SF picks at 59.  

Lamar Jackson ?
OK, there was a THIRD obvious pick for the Saints there. :unsure:

My first thought had Marcus Davenport on the list. Then I looked at the depth chart, and the glaring need for a playmaker at MLB stood out. Lamar Jackson stood out as a possibility too. But there's another QB they can pick later that should work for them when Brees leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best value pick so far IMO is Derwin James at #19. I think he goes in the 10-12 range.

Kirk seems over drafted at 24. Like him but think he goes in mid to late 2nd round. Hope he is still there when SF picks at 59.  
I agree with Derwin James being a value pick there. I had him on my short list at pick 10.

He must have had a bad season? I saw him projected as a top 5 player before the season, now he seems to have zero hype. 

The Jags need to upgrade the QB position. It cost them a chance to win a title this year (What a difference a year makes!)

With the 29th pick, Sacksonville selects QB Mason Rudolph. While Lamar Jackson is by far the superior athlete, Rudolph offers exactly what the Jags are looking for in a QB. 

<I prefer Lamar Jackson, tbh. Many will say that this type of QB is not what Coughlin looks for. But I'll point out that Couglin drafted David Garrard. So it's possible>

1.29 - Minnesota Vikings select Marcus Davenport, DE UTSA

Sort of a BPA pick, sort of not. Robison will be leaving soon and Hunter may be more expensive than they're willing to pay, especially since they need to re-up both Kendricks and Barr.

But besides that, the NFCCG showed that the Vikings didn't have enough pass rushing horsepower on the roster. They need depth.

There were four guys considered. One was Jackson but the Vikes will retain one of Bridgewater or Keenum if they don't get Cousins.

I guess I’ll stick with the Pats since no one else stepped up:

with the 31st pick in the draft the Super Bowl losing New England Patriots select QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville.

Patriots will look to groom him to be the possible heir apparent to TB12 or the next QB they flip - Billy Boy and Josh will find a way to get him on the field in special packages for the time being as well.

I guess I’ll stick with the Pats since no one else stepped up:

with the 31st pick in the draft the Super Bowl losing New England Patriots select QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville.

Patriots will look to groom him to be the possible heir apparent to TB12 or the next QB they flip - Billy Boy and Josh will find a way to get him on the field in special packages for the time being as well.
Interesting thought. I don't think it happens but maybe...

hmm, quite a few picks here Eagles can make. Really, really tempted to grab RB Ronald Jones, but I think Corey Clement can be a quality 50/50 back with Ajai, and RBs are always feasible to grab if needed. 

Strength of the Eagles right now lies on the OL and DL, and would consider beefing that up, but from what the scouting team has told me, there is a game changer out there that could benefit the team:

with the 32nd pick in the FBG draft, the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles select........ ILB Roquan Smith, Georgia

Ehh, friggin Redskins. give me a minute...  not excited about this...  Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama

looks like @JetMaxx and Cle is up next

hmm, quite a few picks here Eagles can make. Really, really tempted to grab RB Ronald Jones, but I think Corey Clement can be a quality 50/50 back with Ajai, and RBs are always feasible to grab if needed. 

Strength of the Eagles right now lies on the OL and DL, and would consider beefing that up, but from what the scouting team has told me, there is a game changer out there that could benefit the team:

with the 32nd pick in the FBG draft, the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles select........ ILB Roquan Smith, Georgia

Ehh, friggin Redskins. give me a minute...  not excited about this...  Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama
Saints best you to it.

oh F' this, really..  

Eagles take Isaiah Wynn, OT Georgia
Great pick! 

He's a Titan.

Isaiah Wynn, G/C/OT, Georgia

Almost certainly going to play guard but his versatility is a bonus. He'll help Henry as a Mauler, and Marcus of course. While the o line is pretty good, guard is a weakness right now.

Wynn has been labeled one of the safest picks in the draft, he'll plug in nicely.

With pick 2.1 in the 2018 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Ronald Jones II, RB, USC

The SoCal backfield party is moving to the Dawg Pound. It’s a new day in Cleveland!

1.1 Bradley Chubb 

1.4 Sam Darnold

2.1 Ronald Jones II

@Dr. Octopus

With the 2.3 pick in the 2018 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Mike Hughes, CB, UCF.

Hughes is a strong cover CB with elite PR skills which gives him the ability to dramatically impact the game in multiple ways. A #1 CB added to a defense with a Garrett/Chubb edge rush??? Giddy up!!

1.1 Bradley Chubb

1.4 Sam Darnold 

2.1 Ronald Jones II

2.3 Mike Hughes

I can’t be happier with this. We've added a franchise pass rusher, a franchise QB, a dynamic home run hitter at RB and a shut down #1 CB. 

Wow. I hadn’t realized the Browns had another early 2nd as well. 

I’m rooting for their fans. This will be the draft they look back on. 

Wow. I hadn’t realized the Browns had another early 2nd as well. 

Mom rooting for their fans. This will be the draft they look back on. 
Yeah didn't realize Houston paid so much either - although if Watson continues along the path he started on last season it will be worth it for them also.

Yeah didn't realize Houston paid so much either - although if Watson continues along the path he started on last season it will be worth it for them also.
The high second round pick is from the Brock Osweiler deal.  

Another one 'could' happen before this draft takes place. :pokey:

2.1 Ronald Jones II
I prefer Guice but love the Hughes selection and Chubb/Darnold.

In the real draft anything can happen and more than likely Chubb won't be available but we should have a shot at either Guice or Jones at the top of the 2nd round.

2.36 Indianapolis Colts select Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

Lacks ideal size at 6'2" 348lbs with 32 3/8" arms but makes up for it in spades with technique and a fiery demeanor. Hernandez is a plus run blocker who showed his chops during senior bowl practices. 

Jack Mewhort is an UFA who hasn't been able to stay healthy. The Colts need help along the OL and this pick addresses a big weakness.

With the 37th pick in the draft the NY Jets select Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

fills a need a good value at this point as I could see him being a first rounder

Users who are viewing this thread