What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (1 Viewer)

With the 3.1 selection in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select Mike Gesicki, TE, PSU

He may be a year or two away from dominance but so is this team. Yes I’m looking at you Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati. A 12 formation with Njoku and Gesicki is insane.

1.1 Bradley Chubb

1.4 Sam Darnold 

2.1 Ronald Jones II

2.3 Mike Hughes

2.32 Deon Cain

3.1 Mike Gesicki

With the 3.1 selection in the 2018 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select Mike Gesicki, TE, PSU

He may be a year or two away from dominance but so is this team. Yes I’m looking at you Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati. A 12 formation with Njoku and Gesicki is insane.

1.1 Bradley Chubb

1.4 Sam Darnold 

2.1 Ronald Jones II

2.3 Mike Hughes

2.32 Deon Cain

3.1 Mike Gesicki
That's a nice haul. But do you think they need a TE with Njoku?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was the Browns I think I’d try to move up for another premium player in the mid-1st. They have so many picks. 

If I was the Browns I think I’d try to move up for another premium player in the mid-1st. They have so many picks. 
Agree here.  Insane amount of draft capital to make a move or two and get another impact player.

I can't recall a draft where one team had so many premium picks.

1.1 Bradley Chubb

1.4 Sam Darnold 

2.1 Ronald Jones II

2.3 Mike Hughes

2.32 Deon Cain

3.1 Mike Gesicki
It's the Browns. 4 busts and 2 injuries. I'll let you guys figure out who's who. 

That's a nice haul. But do you think they need a TE with Njoku?
Why not? I always draft BPA in these drafts because the game and rosters change. I'd love to scheme an offense with an RB like Jones in space after splitting out Njoku and Gesicki from the 12 formation. LBs stand no chance. This hypothetical draft adding Darnold, Jones, Cain, and Gesicki to this offense with an elite OL is a dream come true for long suffering Browns fans. Chubb and Hughes on D sends it over the top. PLAYOFFS!

3.67 Indianapolis Colts select Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.

Outside of T.Y. Hilton, the Colts WR options are slim. Donte Moncrief has failed to stay healthy or produce on a consistant basis. Chester Rogers has flashed but is unproven. Jack Doyle led the team with 80 catches. Ugh.

Gallup is polished route runner with good hands and leaping ability. As opposing defenses showed last year, without a #2 receiver, T.Y Hilton could be contained. 

Barkley and Gallup combine to help get the Colts offense back to relevance whether it`s Andrew Luck or Jacoby Brissett under center.

3.67 Indianapolis Colts select Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.

Outside of T.Y. Hilton, the Colts WR options are slim. Donte Moncrief has failed to stay healthy or produce on a consistant basis. Chester Rogers has flashed but is unproven. Jack Doyle led the team with 80 catches. Ugh.

Gallup is polished route runner with good hands and leaping ability. As opposing defenses showed last year, without a #2 receiver, T.Y Hilton could be contained. 

Barkley and Gallup combine to help get the Colts offense back to relevance whether it`s Andrew Luck or Jacoby Brissett under center.
Already picked by the Niners. They appreciate your appreciation and write up  :thumbup:

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Frank Ragnow, C/G, Arkansas

Frank Ragnow was well on his way to consideration as a first-round center until an ankle injury derailed his final campaign at Arkansas. Now, Ohio State's Billy Price is receiving that notoriety. While Price is an outstanding prospect -- who could play either center or guard in the NFL and will thrive as a run-blocker -- Ragnow's brilliance at the collegiate level shouldn't be ignored simply because he wasn't on the field over the final few months of the season.
Tampa moved Pro Bowl guard, Ali Marpet, to center for the 2017 season.  While Marpet played well, he's better suited as a guard.  Ragnow would allow him to move back to that spot while also providing flexibility along the line should the Bucs decide to keep Marpet at center.

I'm also assuming for the purposes of this mock that Tampa has signed at least one starting guard in free agency as JR Sweezy did not play well in 2017 and he is the ONLY guard they have under contract on the roster.

3.70-SF 49ers select J C Jackson, CB, Maryland

He had some off the field issues a couple years ago but has been clean since. Tough guy who can cover.  Seems like a Lynch guy.  

1.1 Bradley Chubb

1.4 Sam Darnold 

2.1 Ronald Jones II

2.3 Mike Hughes

2.32 Deon Cain

3.1 Mike Gesicki
I like what you did. TE might have been overkill but you definitely added a lot of talent. If the Browns could sign Cousins somehow it would be amazing. Draft Chubb, Fitzpatrick, a RB in round 2 and so on. They could be a playoff team next year with all that.

1.1 Bradley Chubb

1.4 Sam Darnold 

2.1 Ronald Jones II

2.3 Mike Hughes

2.32 Deon Cain

3.1 Mike Gesicki
Overall, A+  !!!  

My only concern, after checking out highlights, is Cain's hands.  He looks decent, but also looks somewhat scattered.  (This is just my personal opinion based on a very small sample of highlights and may be wrong.)  I get the impression that he has good body control & speed, and can locate the ball & go get it.  I also get the impression that there is something in his make-up that causes imprecision and drops -- but I could be totally wrong!  Do you have any stats on his drops?

ETA:  Gesicki looks like a beast!  

Overall, A+  !!!  

My only concern, after checking out highlights, is Cain's hands.  He looks decent, but also looks somewhat scattered.  (This is just my personal opinion based on a very small sample of highlights and may be wrong.)  I get the impression that he has good body control & speed, and can locate the ball & go get it.  I also get the impression that there is something in his make-up that causes imprecision and drops -- but I could be totally wrong!  Do you have any stats on his drops?

ETA:  Gesicki looks like a beast!  
Seems odd too.  Superman should be able to catch anything.

Yeah, it is. 

I agree or people could post who they were looking at for the next pick(s) if they wanted
What’s the rush? The people participating are at least once a dayers, and we aren’t even to the combine. Just don’t expect to be on the clock once a day. Most of us do long drafts in dynasty, and it slows down after a flurry.  Let’s finish the 3rd!

What’s the rush? The people participating are at least once a dayers, and we aren’t even to the combine. Just don’t expect to be on the clock once a day. Most of us do long drafts in dynasty, and it slows down after a flurry.  Let’s finish the 3rd!
I like your spirit!

Well, I’d like to see what rb the lions pick;) Perhaps you’d like to trade up?
I don't think I would need to trade up, I still like a few guys on the board plenty. Full discretion, if I were running the Lions, I would cut Ameer (assuming it's financially feasible) and sign someone like McKinnon, Burkhead, Lewis, Crowell....maybe even 2 of them for the right price.

I don't think I would need to trade up, I still like a few guys on the board plenty. Full discretion, if I were running the Lions, I would cut Ameer (assuming it's financially feasible) and sign someone like McKinnon, Burkhead, Lewis, Crowell....maybe even 2 of them for the right price.
Add Martin to the list perhaps. I’d like to see a little money there at this point in the draft, some tiny tiny money.....

Add Martin to the list perhaps. I’d like to see a little money there at this point in the draft, some tiny tiny money.....
Yes Martin too. I think a committee of 3 average guys with different skills can be just as successful as a 3 down back. With the way veteran RBs get paid these days, it's likely these FAs get pretty small deals that teams can easily get away from in a year or 2. 

If for whatever reason I am not around when the Redskins come up again, feel free to pick for them in my stead.  I have a busy few days ahead and while I will be checking in (and making the Steelers pick if we get through round 3 of course) - I know nothing more about the Skins than anyone else here.

The Miami Dolphins select Jerome Baker OLB Ohio State.

Considered five different players for Miami here but ultimately decided that Baker fills the biggest need for the Dolphins at this point. I wish he was a bit stronger and played off of blocks better than he does, but maybe that is something that he can improve on in the NFL. He has very good speed, reacts quickly in coverage to his assignment. May not be an early down player early in his career but still has a role in cover packages and he can be an effective blitzer.

I read an interesting thing about Baker that he was used as a spy on Sanquon Barkley and responsible for sniffing out those draw plays and keeping Barkley from doing too much in that game.

Also hat tip to @jtd13 who I consulted with about who the best pick for Miami might be. Baker was his top option of several players he was considering. I ended up agreeing with him. If I had selected Roquan Smith in the first round instead of Joshua Jackson then this pick likely would have been to address the secondary.

jtd13 you are on the clock for the Pack

Pick 3.07 (71 overall)

Denver Broncos

Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State
For this pick, I really struggled to find a player who would fit well into either "need" or "best available". Ultimately, the "need" factor won the debate. The Broncos had a messy breakup with TJ Ward in the 2017 preseason. Also, Darian Stewart is likely to be replaced this offseason. Abram should be able to give the Broncos a physical presence at Safety that has been missing since Ward left. Denver's most glaring fault on defense last season was pass coverage against RBs and TEs. We need either an ILB that can cover, or a Safety who can do that (or both). Abram won't be the coverage guy at Safety, but he can hopefully free up Justin Simmons and/or William Parks for that role. Jamal Carter surprised us with his play last season as a college UDFA, and gives us useful depth. This pick hopefully helps indirectly address the TE and RB coverage issue.

I looked into several other higher-rated Safeties, but Abram's physical presence stood out above those players. Abram had an extreme example of his hard-hitting play in the 2017 MSU spring game.

Mississippi State ends spring football game early

3.74   SF 49ers select Quinton Meeks, CB, Stanford.

Gonna double up on CB here and hope Jackson or Meeks hits.

3.75 Oakland Raiders select Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon

The Raiders need to settle their RT position and Crosby can come in and start there on day one and maybe in a year or two slide over to LT once the Raiders move on from Penn. 

Oakland Raiders:

1. Denzel Ward CB Ohio State

2. Harrison Phillips DT Standford

3. Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon

Users who are viewing this thread