What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Karlos Williams, RB (BUF) (1 Viewer)

Anyone running with Williams and Taylor this week?
Separate leagues with different situations. Taylor is a Brady bye week fill so no brainer there. Karlos over Ameer and B. Cooks in my flex spot. I like his upside and cooks has been underwhelming. (14 teamer 1 pt ppr)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you believe the dribble you write?Wait until the Cards play an actual team and let's talk. I have a hard time believing they have a top 3 offense. Also Rex Ryan made two AFC Championships early in his head coaching career, let's revisit Arians in a couple years and see if he has had any post season success.

Rex is hardly a great coach but a couple above average seasons doesn't make Arians some genius either.
Holy freaking selfing..

Yes I do believe my "dribble"

The Cards made the playoffs last year with -no- quarterback and Arians has been successful everywhere he's been in recent memory. I never said he was a genius either, I just purported that he is a better head coach than Rex. Which I'd think many would agree.

McCoy says he has had a setback with his hamstring and is now out indefinitely. He also said speed is his game and if he doesn't have that he has nothing so he will wait to come back until he is fully 100%

The KWill train starts rolling this week!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excited and terrified in equal measure to start this guy in flex. That said, with my RB's (Hill, Morris, R.Mathews, Woodhead), he's a no-brainer for this week, just tempering my expectations down to 60/1 and 3/25. Won't be surprised by anything he does this week, could go off and could lay an egg.

roto

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports LeSean McCoy (hamstring) could miss as many as 3-4 weeks.
McCoy's latest MRI revealed a "new tear" in Shady's hamstring. Shady has made it clear he won't return until he's 100 percent, and Garafolo's sources say that won't happen for up to another month. Rookie Karlos Williams is a locked-and-loaded RB1 until McCoy returns. The Bills play four more games until their Week 8 bye. McCoy might be targeting his return for Week 9.

Excited and terrified in equal measure to start this guy in flex. That said, with my RB's (Hill, Morris, R.Mathews, Woodhead), he's a no-brainer for this week, just tempering my expectations down to 60/1 and 3/25. Won't be surprised by anything he does this week, could go off and could lay an egg.
Terrified to start him @ flex? You must get scared easily.

roto

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports LeSean McCoy (hamstring) could miss as many as 3-4 weeks.
McCoy's latest MRI revealed a "new tear" in Shady's hamstring. Shady has made it clear he won't return until he's 100 percent, and Garafolo's sources say that won't happen for up to another month. Rookie Karlos Williams is a locked-and-loaded RB1 until McCoy returns. The Bills play four more games until their Week 8 bye. McCoy might be targeting his return for Week 9.
:pickle:

(Note - strictly in terms of Karlos's opportunity and his presence on my squad. Not to be taken as a celebration of Shady's injury, as that would be in poor taste.)

Terrified to start him @ flex? You must get scared easily.
Terrified was a slight exaggeration :P

Nice 20+ yard TD reception on a wheel route (bobbled it for a fraction of a second, but nice burst to get open).

Currently on a first four game streak with a TD as a rookie.

He got the TD but owners cant be happy with 18 for 40. Give me one more quiet week please.
The rushing total is a disappointment but the fact that he went 3 for 30 on 4 targets is nice. He looks to be a legitimate 3 down back and the Bills are using him that way.

Karlos struggled a little running the ball, but as stated above, the Giants have been very good against the run. Plus most of his runs were on obvious running downs. His TD catch was a great route and catch. Looks very smooth as a receiver. I think he is the real deal. High end RB2 seems about right. Even low end RB2 if in a timeshare with shady is feasible. Mostly because there just aren't many RBs in the league putting up consistent numbers anymore.(e.g. Deangelo Williams is still ranked #22 overall in my league despite putting up 2 straight 0 point weeks!)

It's also worth noting that he got a lot of high-payout opportunities, including red zone rushes and targets. They went to him on 4th and goal and he came up just short. Sunday confirmed that he should be a no-brainer start for just about anyone who has him as long as Shady is out. He may also solidify this as a full committee once Shady returns.

It's also worth noting that he got a lot of high-payout opportunities, including red zone rushes and targets. They went to him on 4th and goal and he came up just short. Sunday confirmed that he should be a no-brainer start for just about anyone who has him as long as Shady is out. He may also solidify this as a full committee once Shady returns.
Getting opportunities is only a positive indicator if they're both healthy. Getting an opportunity and failing to convert is not a good thing when your backfield mate is out. For example, if dion Lewis gets goal line looks, you'd see it as a positive specifically because they made a decision to use him over Blount. Williams made most of his hay as a backup when the defense didn't key on the run because shady was out. In his first start, he was ok, not good but against a tough d. If he's healthy he should continue to start until shady is back and he can earn more playing time.

But most of his opportunity so far has come from the Mccoy injury. When mccoy was even partially healthy he played well. If Mccoy is fully healthy, based on everything we've seen so far I'd expect a 70/30 split in favor of shady. A concussion for Williams isn't going to help him earn more than that.

Well Hopkins was diagnosed the Monday after and played, so lets hope the same can happen with Karlos.
Yet Luke Kuechly who has never missed a game has been out with a concussion for a month. You just never know, player to player.

How often do they report on these concussion tests? Seems like last week we got some good news about Hopkins early on even though he had yet to pass.

I guess we'll know more if he's practicing tomorrow and what they report.

How often do they report on these concussion tests? Seems like last week we got some good news about Hopkins early on even though he had yet to pass.

I guess we'll know more if he's practicing tomorrow and what they report.
Gotta do the "meet with an independent neurologist" thing so you'll see that blurb and then, if all goes well, you hear back real quick he passed. If you don't hear anything (kuechly), then you pretty much know "try again next week". I do think teams can have the neurologist eval multiple times a week but just from observing, seems like they try to do it on Wednesday and then on Saturday if necessary.

I think the Panthers were just being overly cautious with Kuechly as the "D" had easy matchups and was playing very well in his absence. Then with them having a week 5 bye week I think they want to make sure that he would be very good to go after the bye.

I think the Panthers were just being overly cautious with Kuechly as the "D" had easy matchups and was playing very well in his absence. Then with them having a week 5 bye week I think they want to make sure that he would be very good to go after the bye.
I would think the same thing and hope that's right but all I kept reading was he kept going to meet with the neurologist and never got cleared. That's my concern. I would much rather have seen he got cleared but then the team made him inactive due to not practicing or wanting to be cautious but I'm not sure he ever made it that far.

Bumping any new news on Karlos and the Buffalo backfield. Next up is Anthony "Boobie" Dixon and for insurance Dan "Boom" Herron?

As a McCoy and Williams owner how many handcuffs deep can one go? Running out of options here to start a #2 RB this week.

Why is it that Rex Ryan has no problem starting a rookie but Bruce Arians acts like it's impossible
I think Arians' methodical approach to coaching has been far more successful than Ryan's coaching style so it's hard to argue what Rex does is right.They're 3-0, Chris Johnson has played well in relief of Ellington and they have had no problems moving the ball. Aside from the Pack/Pats they are probably the best offense in football and David Johnson has been a big part in a limited role. As frustrating as it is for fantasy owners, Arians' is probably doing it right.
Do you believe the dribble you write?

Wait until the Cards play an actual team and let's talk. I have a hard time believing they have a top 3 offense. Also Rex Ryan made two AFC Championships early in his head coaching career, let's revisit Arians in a couple years and see if he has had any post season success.

Rex is hardly a great coach but a couple above average seasons doesn't make Arians some genius either.
This is just a general feeling that I have, and not intended to expressly call you out TDoB, but it would be nice if the initial response to posts people disagree with was excellence rather than insults (btw it's "drivel", not "dribble").

Rex is a decent coach (maybe better than that) but those championship games were years ago and his record is really not impressive. He is 48-51 with two total winning seasons. He had a great playoff runs in his first two seasons but failed to reach the playoffs in his four other seasons. I love Rex, he's a lot of fun and gets his teams fired up (which doesn't always work out well like against the Patriots). He has also been an excellent defensive coordinator for the most part. But I think it is fair to question whether or not he has been even a good head coach to this point in his career. Of course his career isn't over.

Arians may not have the playoff pedigree of Ryan's first two seasons but he is 35-16 in a little over three seasons in Arizona & Indy with three 10+ win seasons, three playoff appearances and the Cardinals are currently 3-0. He also coordinated a Super Bowl winning offense in Pittsburgh and his offenses have gone 5-1 vs Rex Ryan's defenses. I think it's fair to say that he knows a thing or two about coaching football.

In other words they're both pretty. IMO it is unfair to categorically, and in a not-excellent way, dismiss tone for simply expressing an opinion (one that is supported by more than "a couple above average seasons") .
One thing that tends to be forgotten in Rex's first season with the Jets is they only qualified for the postseason by winning their last two games. Those two games? A week 16 game against the 14-0 Colts that the Jets were trailing before Jim Caldwell decided to sit Peyton Manning in the second half. The Jets came back to win against Curtis Painter. The week 17 game was against the Bengals who were locked into hosting a wildcard game the following week. With nothing to play for, the Bengals rested all their starters, and the Jets won 37-0. Basically the Jets benefitted from two teams resting players to prepare for the playoffs.

Didn't practice today. Do we hear from the neurologist today or will they hold any info for tomorrow if he's practicing or not.

Users who are viewing this thread