What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Karlos Williams, RB (BUF) (4 Viewers)

Would you drop J.Bell for him? This guy screams huge sleeper. I'm not playing Joique this week and I likely won't going forward getting L.Bell and Foster back.

Would you drop J.Bell for him? This guy screams huge sleeper. I'm not playing Joique this week and I likely won't going forward getting L.Bell and Foster back.
I would. I dropped CMike for him. Could be a mistake, but that's why we place this game.

After way too many week 1 injuries, having one of my draft day fliers pay off this quickly would be great. I never get that lucky.

I dropped J Bell for him in one auction, since it was my RB5 and I don't see much upside in Bell (who I view as ballast)

Not sure how much of a role Karlos can carve out with a healthy McCoy, but for a week or two, could be a nice boost

Just dropped L.Green instead, I've got Ertz and got Green as a FA this morning, so I won't be broken up if I lose him. Going to give Joique one more week and hope for a good performance where I can trade him.

in a keeper league and the only droppable players I have are Christine Michael, David Johnson (own Ellington too), and DeVante Parker...not sure I can take the plunge just yet

About 3 weeks after starting this thread, I grabbed him at 4.12 in my dynasty rookie draft. So far, so good. :thumbup:

Thrilled I nabbed this guy to cuff McCoy. Glad he didn't go off for anything more than he did last weekend. Showed me enough to know he would be a solid starter if McCoy goes down. This reminds me of the Priest Holmes / Larry Johnson situation in KC a few years back in the sense that you almost need to own both as the top RB is a little bit fragile than he used to be and that if he goes down the replacement wont skip a beat in production.

I found it very strange that he was drafted so low being so big/fast/shifty with good catching ability. There might be character issues.

This article sealed the deal for me to replace the end of my bench with Karlos. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2013/futures-fsu-rb-karlos-Williams

I picked up Dion b4 his breakout last Thursday and I get the same feeling with this guy if given the chance he might even be a better option in this offense than McCoy and I am a McCoy owner. McCoy needs to stop dancing like he has been the past two years.
Day late and a dollar short ... in reverse if McCoy sits.

wow was last on waiver wire and got him last night b/f news broke. sometimes better to be lucky than good - although was a little surprised no one ahead of me grabbed him.

So glad I grabbed him in one league...even if Shady is good to go Sunday, you gotta think Williams is going to get his shot at some point to at least split carries.

Drop Duke Johnson for this guy in redraft? Duke has a more direct path towards consistent playing time over the long haul unless McCoy's injury lingers badly

Drop Duke Johnson for this guy in redraft? Duke has a more direct path towards consistent playing time over the long haul unless McCoy's injury lingers badly
Duke plays for the Browns. Unless he's the next Walter Payton, get rid of him. They're horrible

same question myself. I have Duke Johnson and Devonta Freeman, may have to pick up Karlos

same question myself. I have Duke Johnson and Devonta Freeman, may have to pick up Karlos
Just me but when I have a few players to choose from that I'm undecided on, I prefer to go with the player from the better team. Cleveland is laughably bad.

In the same spot. Haha. I've got Shady. The thought of dropping some w upside like Duke hurts but sometimes you gotta play it safe.

I think Duke presents a better long term (this season) project, especially if Crow underwhelms again. Yes, the Browns are terrible, but they have a good O-line, and were moving the ball before McCown went down. Depends if you can afford to wait it out. There still is nothing that says McCoy won't play this weekend. At least you know Duke's role is growing each week due to his play and not just merely an injury to the man in front of him.

I am honestly thinking about dropping Freeman for him. If Shady goes down you'll have to blow all of your waiver cash to get this guy. And, If I am ever starting Freeman my season is over anyways...

Just me but when I have a few players to choose from that I'm undecided on, I prefer to go with the player from the better team. Cleveland is laughably bad.
In general I agree but Duke Johnson is really freaking good, he was a steal in the 3rd round where the Browns drafted him. It is also a PPR league and he can catch well out of the backfield.

Screw it I'm dropping Freeman, lol.

He didn't start playing RB until midway through college, so if he learns the position better he could flourish with opportunity.

Devonta was the better overall RB in college, but Karlos is a physical freak.

Don't like Karlos at all. I didn't pick him up and I own McCoy
Your mistake...
Perhaps, I have been wrong before.
It's always hard to tell with these guys. But they let Fred Jackson go and dropped Brown. Dixon isn't exciting. The Bills obviously think highly of him. McCoy has quite a few carries in his career and seems to be a bit injury prone. It just seems like a recipe for possible fantasy success. It's the kind of situation I love to take a shot on.

I gave an early 2016 2nd rounder for him today in my dynasty. Not sure if that helps anyone set a value on him or just shows what an idiot i am.

I like what I see from him and as stated above, the Bills want to run alot. I could see shady gone as early as next year also. I'll take the chance.

I'm a shady owner and would rather have Karlos. I think Shady is done. Hopefully he proves me wrong. But I doubt it.

Rotoworld:

LeSean McCoy (hamstring) is practicing on Friday.
Per beat writer Vic Carucci, McCoy is going through the early drills open to the media and "doesn't seem at all limited" in any of them. McCoy has been battling the hamstring for over a month now and didn't appear anywhere close to 100 percent in Week 1 against the Colts. He had to bow out of practice early Thursday. A less than 100 percent McCoy should be fine for Sunday's Week 2 tilt with the Patriots, but he's more of a mid-to-low RB2 than top-15 running back.

If you picked up Karlos like I did, just going to have to ride it out. Maybe deal him to McCoy owner as a handcuff.

LeSean McCoy

Bills coach Rex Ryan acknowledged after Friday's practice that LeSean McCoy's (questionable, hamstring) Week 2 availability is "a little bit of a concern."
McCoy was officially limited in Friday's session, but it sounds like he didn't appear to be 100 percent. This is very often what happens with players who suffer lingering, nagging injuries in the preseason. McCoy's hamstring injury is now recurring, and he may end up a game-time decision against the Patriots. Karlos Williams should be owned in all fantasy leagues.

LeSean McCoy (hamstring) is questionable for Week 2 against the Patriots.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported earlier Friday morning that the Bills are "cautiously optimistic" McCoy suits up for the AFC East tilt. We also expect him to be out there, but at less than 100 percent. The Patriots' run defense was shredded by DeAngelo Williams for 127 yards in Week 1. McCoy is our No. 12 RB this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread