What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Karlos Williams, RB (BUF) (2 Viewers)

From what we saw so far this year having both McCoy and Williams suited up keeps the D from focusing on Williams and he produces. When there is no McCoy focus goes to Williams and he doesn't produce so well
That's based on one game. And he still got a receiving TD in that game on a nice route and nice catch.

Can't believe people would dump him.

I might have to cut bait on him. Short bench league, he's hard to hold with mccoy back in the mix. He's like jhill last year except unlike bernard, mccoy is being paid and literal ####-ton of money

I might have to cut bait on him. Short bench league, he's hard to hold with mccoy back in the mix. He's like jhill last year except unlike bernard, mccoy is being paid and literal ####-ton of money
I don't believe Rex Ryan (or any other coach really) is someone who will keep a player on the field unless just because he's paid the most, perhaps I'm naive. They've already paid him a lot of money so it really doesn't matter at this point. And this could be Rex's last chance at a HC job if he doesn't succeed.

If Shady is healthy and performing he'll get his touches, but even with that Karlos will produces enough to be a fantasy asset this year.

I don't believe Rex Ryan (or any other coach really) is someone who will keep a player on the field unless just because he's paid the most, perhaps I'm naive. They've already paid him a lot of money so it really doesn't matter at this point. And this could be Rex's last chance at a HC job if he doesn't succeed.

If Shady is healthy and performing he'll get his touches, but even with that Karlos will produces enough to be a fantasy asset this year.
I should add Shady only has 7.6M cap number with 2.5M in dead money in 2016.

I thought I saw somewhere (Maybe in the McCoy thread) that Karlos isn't making the trip to London. Hard guy to hold with Shady looking pretty good and decent options out on the wire. But, hard guy to drop because we know what he can do and Shady is not the epitome of health.

I thought I saw somewhere (Maybe in the McCoy thread) that Karlos isn't making the trip to London. Hard guy to hold with Shady looking pretty good and decent options out on the wire. But, hard guy to drop because we know what he can do and Shady is not the epitome of health.
If you have McCoy he's a hold. If you are in dynasty he's a hold. If you have him in redraft and don't have McCoy if try to trade him to the Shady owner.

I'm holding. When he does get cleared he should be 100%. It's not like he is waiting for anything to heal or rehab.

So I read that Karlos didn't make the trip to London. That will be three missed games due to a concussion. At this point I have to say that I'm quite concerned.

So I read that Karlos didn't make the trip to London. That will be three missed games due to a concussion. At this point I have to say that I'm quite concerned.
I think it's because of the flight. I can't imagine having to deal with all that and airports and all that if I had a migraine/concussion symptoms.

Also, might be (no idea, just a guess) that since he has to be cleared by an independent neurologist that they don't have that available by leaving to Europe. So they just told him to stay home.

So is this guy worth picking up off waivers? He was just dropped in my league and I am thin at RB behind Foster and Ivory. Was his early year usage a factor of McCoy not being 100%, or does he really have a role in the O (8-12 touches per game?) once he gets back into things?

Shady owner, Karlos owner, more concerned now about his concussion than I was a week ago when I posted in here. He hasn't practiced at all yet and it's far past the 14 days typically needed for recovery of a concussion. This really baffles me because he wasn't dx until the Monday after his game.

I am consoldering dropping him at this point. I don't need the roster space right now but there are some needs moving forward, like week 10 I need a wr and Diggs is in my WW... Hard to hold a concussed player on a short bench.

This is becoming a legit concern for the season IMO.

Duke caught a beating in here for his concussion which was much less severe (apparently).

Last edited by a moderator:
Shady owner, Karlos owner, more concerned now about his concussion than I was a week ago when I posted in here. He hasn't practiced at all yet and it's far past the 14 days typically needed for recovery of a concussion. This really baffles me because he wasn't dx until the Monday after his game.

I am consoldering dropping him at this point. I don't need the roster space right now but there are some needs moving forward, like week 10 I need a wr and Diggs is in my WW... Hard to hold a concussed player on a short bench.
I dropped in the league where I don't own Shady. Holding one more week in the league I own Shady in case the flight/trip to London had something to do with this week.

Someone mentioned previously that flights can have a negative effect on concussion symptoms, but I think they just quickly googled it. The team has been out of town so not a surprise he hasn't been practicing this week since he didn't travel.

One more week and then drops o'clock.

We all know what he can do? I think we have different opinions on that. A couple of decent runs and people jump on any bandwagon like the guy is a superstar.

We all know what he can do? I think we have different opinions on that. A couple of decent runs and people jump on any bandwagon like the guy is a superstar.
A touchdown in every game he's played in the nfl.

11.5, 9.7, 20, and 13 fantasy points scored in his first 4 games.

That's exactly the type of bandwagon I like jumping on.

Next week is key. Tbh, I'm very thin at RB having only Ivory Foster Coleman Williams and stacked at WR. Yet, I find myself contemplating dropping him for Green-Beckham or even Michael Floyd as I have John Brown. Furthermore, there are other punts at RB available on most WWs like Ridley, Reece, Oliver etc.

Its a conundrum. He has obviously produced to some degree in all games he has played, but is this an untenable pattern to maintain when he returns with McCoy now seemingly fit ?

The flight/London trip may explain it so next week will be the deciding line. Problem is, some us may not be able to wait till next week.

Thanks for the replies, I will most likely cancel my waiver claim as it is for about 16% of my remaining FAAB ($11 out of $65 remaining). Probably just try to snag him without using FAAB and see if I get lucky.

Next week is key. Tbh, I'm very thin at RB having only Ivory Foster Coleman Williams and stacked at WR. Yet, I find myself contemplating dropping him for Green-Beckham or even Michael Floyd as I have John Brown. Furthermore, there are other punts at RB available on most WWs like Ridley, Reece, Oliver etc.

Its a conundrum. He has obviously produced to some degree in all games he has played, but is this an untenable pattern to maintain when he returns with McCoy now seemingly fit ?

The flight/London trip may explain it so next week will be the deciding line. Problem is, some us may not be able to wait till next week.
Next week is a bye.

too bad for the kid thus far. hope he clears his head and comes back stronger. no way shady lasts all season.

eta: turned down a karlos for rivers offer in a $$ 14 team re-draft league. was shopping for him prior to the concussion issues...

Last edited by a moderator:

Next week is a bye.
For those with deep benches he is a great stash for this reason. He should be 100% when he is back. Has been productive in every game, Shady or not and his talent is apparent.

Next week is a bye.
For those with deep benches he is a great stash for this reason. He should be 100% when he is back. Has been productive in every game, Shady or not and his talent is apparent.
Talent notwithstanding, his concussion symptoms were downright awful. One has to wonder if he isn't one more big hit away from retirement.

Next week is a bye.
Talent notwithstanding, his concussion symptoms were downright awful. One has to wonder if he isn't one more big hit away from retirement.
Seems like a big jump from being out for several weeks to retirement. Players do get concussions and keep playing.

Next week is a bye.
Seems like a big jump from being out for several weeks to retirement. Players do get concussions and keep playing.
This wasn't your garden variety concussion. Read about the symptoms he was having and for how long. Scary.

ourmanflint said:

Next week is a bye.
You feel the same way about Kuechly?

Anybody starting him this week ? I'm having to roll out Ivory and Williams out this week, no other option. Not feeling great about it.

ourmanflint said:

Next week is a bye.
Good point. Yea I do worry about Kuechly. His symptoms hung around for a pretty good while but they were nothing like the ones Williams had.

ourmanflint said:

Next week is a bye.
Good point. Yea I do worry about Kuechly. His symptoms hung around for a pretty good while but they were nothing like the ones Williams had.
How do we know that?

ourmanflint said:

Next week is a bye.
How do we know that?
Ultimately we do not. But no symptoms have been talked about in any of the many articles written about his concussion and he is on record several times saying he would like to have come back much sooner. That tells me he felt good but just couldn't pass the baseline tests. This was definitely not the case with Williams.

This was also Kuechly's first concussion. I believe this was Williams third. Not that it makes him more likely to get another but it may mean he's more susceptible, especially since his symptoms were far worse.

ourmanflint said:

Next week is a bye.
How do we know that?
Ultimately we do not. But no symptoms have been talked about in any of the many articles written about his concussion and he is on record several times saying he would like to have come back much sooner. That tells me he felt good but just couldn't pass the baseline tests. This was definitely not the case with Williams.

This was also Kuechly's first concussion. I believe this was Williams third. Not that it makes him more likely to get another but it may mean he's more susceptible, especially since his symptoms were far worse.
So Kuechly made it all the way through HS and College football and never had a concussion. Hard to believe.

ourmanflint said:

Next week is a bye.
How do we know that?

So Kuechly made it all the way through HS and College football and never had a concussion. Hard to believe.
Yes it's hard to believe any player, especially an inside linebacker never had a concussion but that's what's presented as fact in his case.Take it for what it's worth. Kuechly's actually never missed as much as a practice since his freshman year of HS.

Oh hell yes!!!
I've got Karlos as well but really? Stay classy.

Twitter is saying depending on severity could be anywhere from 0-4 weeks.
Stay classy? You are kidding right?
No I'm not kidding. Why would I be? A "Hell, yes!" reply to a McCoy injury?
This is FANTASY football....a game. Sorry man, but I hope he is done for the season. Nothing against McCoy personally you understand.

Users who are viewing this thread