What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Karlos Williams, RB (BUF) (1 Viewer)

Well if Foster makes it back this week I'll be far happier plugging him and Williams in than sending out a combo of Anderson/Martin/Ivory like I've been doing.

Presumably McCoy will only be a one week sit ? I like Williams with McCoy playing even, but his scores could be a bit uneven on a week to week basis.

Weird. I didn't think I said anything at all about prospects this year. I did say on Twitter I thought Karlos was one of two "must own" players at their ADP (Waller), but didn't say why.

They should just sit McCoy the rest of the year. He's fallen off that cliff. Ineffectiveness and always dinged up now. Williams is the workhorse back that offense is built for. Especially with the weapons they have outside. McCoy might be able to fill a Darren Sproles type of role...but I don't even think he'd be near as effective as Sproles is.

Why is it that Rex Ryan has no problem starting a rookie but Bruce Arians acts like it's impossible

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that Rex Ryan has no problem starting a rookie but Bruce Arians acts like it's impossible
I think Arians' methodical approach to coaching has been far more successful than Ryan's coaching style so it's hard to argue what Rex does is right.

They're 3-0, Chris Johnson has played well in relief of Ellington and they have had no problems moving the ball. Aside from the Pack/Pats they are probably the best offense in football and David Johnson has been a big part in a limited role. As frustrating as it is for fantasy owners, Arians' is probably doing it right.

Weird. I didn't think I said anything at all about prospects this year. I did say on Twitter I thought Karlos was one of two "must own" players at their ADP (Waller), but didn't say why.
I did notice your blog stopped but you had a chart you tweeted of rookie ADPs with targets and "must owns" based on your model. That's where I picked up on your model's love for Karlos' profile.

He currently weighs 243 and runs a 4.4 40. That is ridiculous folks. He does take a bit of time to get up to full speed and he doesn't have that amazing change of direction, but he has really good vision and does a good job running North and South and not wasting steps.

Thrilled I nabbed this guy to cuff McCoy. Glad he didn't go off for anything more than he did last weekend. Showed me enough to know he would be a solid starter if McCoy goes down. This reminds me of the Priest Holmes / Larry Johnson situation in KC a few years back in the sense that you almost need to own both as the top RB is a little bit fragile than he used to be and that if he goes down the replacement wont skip a beat in production.
:coffee: Perfect timing for Dion Lewis bye.

Karlos Williams projected top10 this week http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/rb.php?filters=15:44:45:109:120:406:549:684

Thrilled I nabbed this guy to cuff McCoy. Glad he didn't go off for anything more than he did last weekend. Showed me enough to know he would be a solid starter if McCoy goes down. This reminds me of the Priest Holmes / Larry Johnson situation in KC a few years back in the sense that you almost need to own both as the top RB is a little bit fragile than he used to be and that if he goes down the replacement wont skip a beat in production.

Karlos Williams projected top10 this week http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/rb.php?filters=15:44:45:109:120:406:549:684
I don't get it. The Giants run D this year has been pretty good. Haven't given up 100 yds yet. The 2 rushing TD's were to Atlanta on short runs after a pass got them there. I have Karlos too but am hesitant on starting him this week.

I don't get it. The Giants run D this year has been pretty good. Haven't given up 100 yds yet. The 2 rushing TD's were to Atlanta on short runs after a pass got them there. I have Karlos too but am hesitant on starting him this week.
Excuse me sir. This is the Karlos Williams HYPE train. I think you must be lost..

He's done very well with a limited workload so far, and he's likely to get a much larger one this weekend. Plus, the RB position is pretty bare these days- who outside of the top 10 there do you think should clearly be above him this week?

Wed, Sep 30

Coach Rex Ryan confirmed LeSean McCoy (hamstring) "doesn't look good" for Week 4 against the Giants.

Advice: McCoy won't practice Wednesday. Rookie Karlos Williams should handle all, or the majority, of the first-team reps in practice this week and get the start against the G-Men. Boobie Dixon will back up Williams, and Cierre Wood could get the promotion from the practice squad. Williams is a plug-and-play RB1/2.

(Rotoworld.com)

I'd argue against pretty good. The only above average game was against Washington which has a pretty bad offense.

have mccoy but didnt bother with grabbing williams, giants stomped out the matt jones hype and i expect similar results against karlos, he is a great prospect but without sammy running routes the gmen will be stack the box and set the edge to contain taylor.

have mccoy but didnt bother with grabbing williams, giants stomped out the matt jones hype and i expect similar results against karlos, he is a great prospect but without sammy running routes the gmen will be stack the box and set the edge to contain taylor.
This just goes to show that you have not watched Buffalo play.

Tyrod Taylor moved the ball around to 5 other recievers after Watkins left the game early. He is not some gadget QB that runs for yards and scrambles for big gains or big throws. He showed poise and confidence in the pocket and made great throws.

He had 3 rushes for 12 yards. He's not a gimmick QB which is what you seem to be staying here about the Giants stacking the box and setting the edge. Unless I'm reading your statement wrong.

Rimez is the same character that said Cadet would be taking Dion Lewis' job.

---

Patriots cut Travaris Cadet with addition of Jon Bostic via trade

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 29, 2015
Just 4 short days ago, for perspective..

im thinking cadet (who has been hurt) could be the 3rd down back coming out of the bye when he is fully healthy, he has 5 inches and 20 lbs on lewis and they brought him in to catch the ball. its speculation at this point but shouldnt be ignored imo. lewis was given a great opportunity with the blount suspension, cadet hammy, and white being a bust, but in no way are the pats invested in him.
I am convinced he doesn't watch football.

This just goes to show that you have not watched Buffalo play.

Tyrod Taylor moved the ball around to 5 other recievers after Watkins left the game early. He is not some gadget QB that runs for yards and scrambles for big gains or big throws. He showed poise and confidence in the pocket and made great throws.

He had 3 rushes for 12 yards. He's not a gimmick QB which is what you seem to be staying here about the Giants stacking the box and setting the edge. Unless I'm reading your statement wrong.
I agree with this. Wasn't Watkins out the majority of the game last week and Taylor/Williams still had a good game.

This just goes to show that you have not watched Buffalo play.Tyrod Taylor moved the ball around to 5 other recievers after Watkins left the game early. He is not some gadget QB that runs for yards and scrambles for big gains. He showed poise and confidence in the pocket and made great throws.

He
watched every play and never said taylor was a gadget player so you must be quoting someone else? starting taylor in place of big ben, i know he can pass...

but this thread is about karlos, and if the giants put a spy on taylor and box him in (like they do against Vick and RG3) it will open up the passing game but will hurt karlos and the running game.

Big giants fan here... Buffalo is a much better team than Washington on the offensive side of the ball. Cousins scares no one, especially without DJax. Meanwhile, Tyrod has looked fantastic overall and has some nice weapons. If you sell out to stop the run, you have a mobile QB (always been tough for the giants) to take pressure away with passing threats.

Just seems like a lot less limited an offense as compared to the cast Matt Jones has around him, where if they aren't running downhill on you, your team likely has a significant leg up.

This just goes to show that you have not watched Buffalo play.Tyrod Taylor moved the ball around to 5 other recievers after Watkins left the game early. He is not some gadget QB that runs for yards and scrambles for big gains. He showed poise and confidence in the pocket and made great throws.

He
watched every play and never said taylor was a gadget player so you must be quoting someone else? starting taylor in place of big ben, i know he can pass...

but this thread is about karlos, and if the giants put a spy on taylor and box him in (like they do against Vick and RG3) it will open up the passing game but will hurt karlos and the running game.
The Giants have been pretty stout against the run through their first 3 games. Maybe we should temper expectations on this kid.

Rimez is the same character that said Cadet would be taking Dion Lewis' job.

---

Patriots cut Travaris Cadet with addition of Jon Bostic via trade

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 29, 2015
Just 4 short days ago, for perspective..

im thinking cadet (who has been hurt) could be the 3rd down back coming out of the bye when he is fully healthy, he has 5 inches and 20 lbs on lewis and they brought him in to catch the ball. its speculation at this point but shouldnt be ignored imo. lewis was given a great opportunity with the blount suspension, cadet hammy, and white being a bust, but in no way are the pats invested in him.
I am convinced he doesn't watch football.
said it was speculation and its still early in the season, I own lewis and would love it if he keeps producing so i can trade him. in a few weeks it could be white, or montee ball, or even ahmad bradshaw. no one knows for sure including dion himself if he still has the job or is even healthy come FF playoff time. only in a shark pool circle jerk can a waiver wire RB that fumbled twice in 3 weeks while losing THREE TDS to his "backup" still be considered a shoe in for RB1 status smh.

He

The Giants have been pretty stout against the run through their first 3 games. Maybe we should temper expectations on this kid.
Giants fan here too, but let's not kid ourselves, if you own Karlos you start him this week with confidence. Top 10 play on paper.

I was looking forward to playing him in daily but with Watkins & John Miller being out and Woods/Clay being tempting plays on the cheap, that's just too many Bills, ha. For season-leagues, I'd say you're in good shape if you don't have to play him; no choice for me.

Just received an offer of Brandin Cooks for him, from the McCoy owner. Turned it down
Any chance you can chase him down and tell him you accidently rejected? Maybe if you ask nicely he'll rewrap that gift for you.

Redraft or dynasty? I would take it in both formats but absolutely in dynasty

Just received an offer of Brandin Cooks for him, from the McCoy owner. Turned it down
Any chance you can chase him down and tell him you accidently rejected? Maybe if you ask nicely he'll rewrap that gift for you.

Redraft or dynasty? I would take it in both formats but absolutely in dynasty
It's a redraft. Have to hold and start KWill as my two starters are Jeremy hill and ivory

Bench I have yeldon and d.Johnson. I feel like I need another WR yes but if McCoy is out for any length of time will could be top 10, maybe even top 5.

If Karlos continues to demonstrate that he's clearly a better fit for the offense, would Rex do the right thing and make him the starter, or does money talk?

If Karlos continues to demonstrate that he's clearly a better fit for the offense, would Rex do the right thing and make him the starter, or does money talk?
His ability to handle this situation will be a good test in his early tenure in Buffalo. If Karlos continues as you say, Rex would have to get McCoy to buy in as a playmaker (if healthy) who will get limited touches.

I feel like there is room within this offense for McCoy to be a nice RB2/Flex on 6-10 touches a game. It would be best for the team and probably McCoy who has a lot of miles and could probably hang on a little longer if he embraced it.

I am thinking of offering D Murray for K Williams, seems like a no-brainer for me right? (Sorry if wrong forum)

I have him as the #4 RB this week in FP.

As a Giants fan, it hurts to say that but. Yes, that is a no-brainer trade IMO. Chip Kelly's system is death for fantasy RB production.

I think Arians' methodical approach to coaching has been far more successful than Ryan's coaching style so it's hard to argue what Rex does is right.They're 3-0, Chris Johnson has played well in relief of Ellington and they have had no problems moving the ball. Aside from the Pack/Pats they are probably the best offense in football and David Johnson has been a big part in a limited role. As frustrating as it is for fantasy owners, Arians' is probably doing it right.
Do you believe the dribble you write?

Wait until the Cards play an actual team and let's talk. I have a hard time believing they have a top 3 offense. Also Rex Ryan made two AFC Championships early in his head coaching career, let's revisit Arians in a couple years and see if he has had any post season success.

Rex is hardly a great coach but a couple above average seasons doesn't make Arians some genius either.

I think Arians' methodical approach to coaching has been far more successful than Ryan's coaching style so it's hard to argue what Rex does is right.They're 3-0, Chris Johnson has played well in relief of Ellington and they have had no problems moving the ball. Aside from the Pack/Pats they are probably the best offense in football and David Johnson has been a big part in a limited role. As frustrating as it is for fantasy owners, Arians' is probably doing it right.
Do you believe the dribble you write?

Wait until the Cards play an actual team and let's talk. I have a hard time believing they have a top 3 offense. Also Rex Ryan made two AFC Championships early in his head coaching career, let's revisit Arians in a couple years and see if he has had any post season success.

Rex is hardly a great coach but a couple above average seasons doesn't make Arians some genius either.
This is just a general feeling that I have, and not intended to expressly call you out TDoB, but it would be nice if the initial response to posts people disagree with was excellence rather than insults (btw it's "drivel", not "dribble").

Rex is a decent coach (maybe better than that) but those championship games were years ago and his record is really not impressive. He is 48-51 with two total winning seasons. He had a great playoff runs in his first two seasons but failed to reach the playoffs in his four other seasons. I love Rex, he's a lot of fun and gets his teams fired up (which doesn't always work out well like against the Patriots). He has also been an excellent defensive coordinator for the most part. But I think it is fair to question whether or not he has been even a good head coach to this point in his career. Of course his career isn't over.

Arians may not have the playoff pedigree of Ryan's first two seasons but he is 35-16 in a little over three seasons in Arizona & Indy with three 10+ win seasons, three playoff appearances and the Cardinals are currently 3-0. He also coordinated a Super Bowl winning offense in Pittsburgh and his offenses have gone 5-1 vs Rex Ryan's defenses. I think it's fair to say that he knows a thing or two about coaching football.

In other words they're both pretty. IMO it is unfair to categorically, and in a not-excellent way, dismiss tone for simply expressing an opinion (one that is supported by more than "a couple above average seasons") .

I picked up and benched Freeman in a league last week. For better or worse I am not sitting Williams as he should have a high volume, has looked great to this point and Buffalo's OLine is performing at a high level specifically one Mr. Incognito.

Users who are viewing this thread