What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Khiry Robinson (2 Viewers)

Not much from Khiri yesterday - only 9 yards on 7 carries while Thomas doubled up on his carries and did a lot more with them. Thought Khiri would have gotten more work down the stretch trying to run out the clock.

Pierre seems to be like Fred Jackson in that they find a way to get it done even with more promising guys behind them.

Khiri's time in the sun may be gone if Ingram returns next week.

Rotoworld:

ESPN analyst Louis Riddick expects the Saints' backfield to be "the Khiry Robinson show" in 2014.
We tend to agree. The Saints are moving on from Darren Sproles and quite possibly Pierre Thomas, not only to create salary cap space but in a transition of coach Sean Payton's ground-game mindset. New Orleans is going to try to field more of a drive-sustaining run game going forward, as opposed to the change of pace it was with Sproles and Thomas. The arrow is screaming upward on Robinson's Dynasty outlook. Mark Ingram's role will also increase.

Source: Louis Riddick on Twitter

Rotoworld:

ESPN analyst Louis Riddick expects the Saints' backfield to be "the Khiry Robinson show" in 2014.
We tend to agree. The Saints are moving on from Darren Sproles and quite possibly Pierre Thomas, not only to create salary cap space but in a transition of coach Sean Payton's ground-game mindset. New Orleans is going to try to field more of a drive-sustaining run game going forward, as opposed to the change of pace it was with Sproles and Thomas. The arrow is screaming upward on Robinson's Dynasty outlook. Mark Ingram's role will also increase.

Source: Louis Riddick on Twitter
Hardly news, just a talking head saying stuff. He may be the guy, but not because someone on ESPN says so. I love me some robinson though.

humpback said:
False Start said:
humpback said:
False Start said:
moderated said:
Kleck said:
Khiry was just traded for 1.08 and a 2015 2nd in one of my leagues.
That's insanity, no way he's worth that.
See what hype does to people. He may not even start, for the love of god.
That's the reason it's an overpay.
Thanks for the clarification.
:lmao:
You seem to make yourself laugh a lot with how you dissect simple statements in conversation. You seem to have lots of time on your hands.

humpback said:
False Start said:
humpback said:
False Start said:
moderated said:
Kleck said:
You seem to make yourself laugh a lot with how you dissect simple statements in conversation. You seem to have lots of time on your hands.
Hard to argue with your brilliance. You certainly have your finger on the pulse of the NO running situation.

humpback said:
False Start said:
humpback said:
False Start said:
moderated said:
Kleck said:
Hard to argue with your brilliance. You certainly have your finger on the pulse of the NO running situation.
What does a trade have to do with that, are you mad? Why so upset? Because I don't agree with you about Sproles losing a step? Is this how you act when people don't agree with you?

Last edited by a moderator:
humpback said:
False Start said:
humpback said:
False Start said:
moderated said:
Kleck said:
What does a trade have to do with that, are you mad? Why so upset? Because I don't agree with you about Sproles losing a step? Is this how you act when people don't agree with you?
Yes, I am irate, that's what this means ----> :lmao:

I simply said that the reason that trade was an overpay is because he may not even start- if he does, it wouldn't be. You're the one who got snarky, once again.

Will Cadet have any value in the "Sproles" PPR role?

Ingram and Khiry don't really have the skill set for it.
I would expect NO to go away from the "Sproles role". Teams have caught on how to defend it, and their 150+ passes to RBs was excessive, to say the least. I don't know about Khiry, but Ingram is certainly capable of getting 30-35 catches in that offense.

I would expect NO to go away from the "Sproles role". Teams have caught on how to defend it, and their 150+ passes to RBs was excessive, to say the least. I don't know about Khiry, but Ingram is certainly capable of getting 30-35 catches in that offense.
I don't think there's a 'Sproles role' as much as it was them taking advantage of Sproles' talents as an effective runner and receiver. If a guy can average ~7 yards per target why would you not throw to him as much as possible?

NO drafts a back? People who stocked up on 2014 1sts would love a reason to be excited about this year's rb class.

Khiry caught 38 balls for 430 yards as a senior in college, that's a tonne. Though I'd say it's pretty highly unlikely any Saints RB puts up Sproles receiving type numbers.

Cadet is not a starter or a RBBC consideration. He's regarded as a valuable bench and ST guy. That thinking may have changed because of the salary cap but his skillset will not change.

Why does anyone care at all who the "starter" is in NO? The main production there will likely be in whoever is in the receiving role. It's hugely unlikely to be anything other than a 3+ way RBBC regardless of whether they cut Sproles and/or Thomas or not, and no one is likely to get a big enough chunk of the carries to be super fantasy relevant if they're not also catching a bunch of passes.

Why does anyone care at all who the "starter" is in NO? The main production there will likely be in whoever is in the receiving role. It's hugely unlikely to be anything other than a 3+ way RBBC regardless of whether they cut Sproles and/or Thomas or not, and no one is likely to get a big enough chunk of the carries to be super fantasy relevant if they're not also catching a bunch of passes.
They had 2 RBs with over 70 receptions last year- there's certainly an opportunity for the "starter" to be fantasy relevant (just like Thomas was this season).

People are anointing Robinson way too prematurely. Ingram had a strong finish to last year and I think the job is his to lose.

jonboltz said:
I would expect NO to go away from the "Sproles role".
Didn't they just give those touches to Thomas last year? I have no doubt they'll try to be more balanced, but I don't think the role is being removed from their plans.

dansav said:
Rhythmdoctor said:
Wait, there are still people who think Ingram has talent and can be a viable fantasy option?
Yes
I'm one of them. I certainly don't think he's shown that he can't be a viable fantasy option. Hard to judge a volume back without the volume.

dansav said:
Rhythmdoctor said:
Wait, there are still people who think Ingram has talent and can be a viable fantasy option?
Yes
I'm one of them. I certainly don't think he's shown that he can't be a viable fantasy option. Hard to judge a volume back without the volume.
I agree. He's had issues with fit in the offense and nagging injuries. Not saying he's on his way to becoming a RB1 but a startable player who could become a RB2. Sure I can see that.

dansav said:
Rhythmdoctor said:
Yes
Maybe it takes him a bit like it did moreno? He certainly looked good at the end of the year in the playoffs. Who knows? Worth a gamble late in the drafts...

Rotoworld:

The New Orleans Times-Picayune expects Saints coach Sean Payton's offense to be a "balanced, ball-control attack" in 2014.
Payton's offense averaged 23.6 carries per game the first 14 weeks of 2013, before averaging 30.5 in the final four. "Possessing the ball means something to the defense -- it means snaps taken away," Payton said. "When we finished the regular season and went to Philadelphia for the Wild Card round, we were able to point to 186 less defensive plays (than 2012) which is more than two games." With Drew Brees and Marques Colston aging, and Darren Sproles gone, the old high-flying Saints offense is a thing of the past. Look for Khiry Robinson and Mark Ingram's roles to increase significantly in 2014, particularly Robinson's.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

So what's Robinson's value to a current Ingram owner (like me)? Sproles is gone, PT could be next. If PT goes, then between Robinson and Ingram, I have to have a "starter", right?

So what's Robinson's value to a current Ingram owner (like me)? Sproles is gone, PT could be next. If PT goes, then between Robinson and Ingram, I have to have a "starter", right?
I don't think either of those guys are gone just yet, and they could bring in a FA or draft a guy later. I would still try to acquire Robinson now for the right price, but it's premature to think he and Ingram are the only options to start.

I don't think either of those guys are gone just yet, and they could bring in a FA or draft a guy later. I would still try to acquire Robinson now for the right price, but it's premature to think he and Ingram are the only options to start.
Won't they just be 2 of 4 RBs that are rotated in and out of the Saints backfield? Really, has everyone gone mad and forgotten this quickly what it is like owning Saints running backs? It's almost as if everyone is trying to have a blind eye to the situation, hoping for the next big thing.

Users who are viewing this thread