What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Khiry Robinson (3 Viewers)

Picked him up 3 weeks ago in a deep dynasty and love the way he runs hard.I believe he is going to be a very good RB for years to come.

And the saints don't run the ball consistently enough for any Rb to be truly fantasy relevant in an rbbc. If they leaned on one feature back as a 3 down back different story.

Sproles is fantasy relevant but more as a receiver.

I'm considering playing him this weekend if Ingram's out :wall: I don't have many other options and I think we might see some clock-killing runs in the 4th quarter.

He looks fantastic. I'm guessing every team in the league has called the Saints on him, since the Saints have the political and cap problem of needing to actually cut a first-round pick (Ingram) to get him on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks awesome guys but he's in an offense that significantly limits his upside. Plus he has two RB's ahead of him. He's worth a stash and I could see him taking over PT's spot next year. Sproles is pretty durable and they don't ask him to run in between the tackles much so he has 2-3 years left in the tank. Which means Khiry Robinson probably isn't startable on a week to week basis next year either.

It would be great to see him traded to a run first team...........

Why on earth would any team trade a rookie running back that has shown promise when their other 2 main backs are 30 and soon to be 29 year old back?

When will be finally get to stop talking about Pierre Thomas and Mark Ingram in NO? I can see Sproles having some value next season, but Robinson could be the guy when it comes to short yardage/killing the clock at the end of the game.

I have no idea on Thomas's contract but if he is gone next year I see Khiry as a running back 3 with the upside of a running back 2. He would probably average around 12 carries a game and another 2.5 receptions. Not to mention most of the goal line work in a very high powered offense.

In dynasty that makes him a great stash, especially for teams like mine where we have deep starting lineups and I am 3 - 4 with injuries destroying my chances for this year.

When will be finally get to stop talking about Pierre Thomas and Mark Ingram in NO? I can see Sproles having some value next season, but Robinson could be the guy when it comes to short yardage/killing the clock at the end of the game.
Agree that Ingram has probably played his way completely onto the bench at this point, but Thomas is 28 and still playing really good two way football ATM. I own Robinson in most of my leagues -- but realistically he's a long term flyer. It's probably going to take at least a few more years before he has a shot at a bigger role than he has currently. Good player to tuck away at the end of your bench, but anyone hoping for a big breakout anytime soon is probably going to be disappointed.

Unfortunately, there's a very real chance that Ingram is active this game and Robinson isn't. Just not sure if the Saints have thrown in the towel on Ingram, yet. They should, but 1st rd picks tend to get chance after chance.

edit: just saw Ingram is still missing practice again this week. N/M, go nuts Khiry

Agree that Ingram has probably played his way completely onto the bench at this point, but Thomas is 28 and still playing really good two way football ATM. I own Robinson in most of my leagues -- but realistically he's a long term flyer. It's probably going to take at least a few more years before he has a shot at a bigger role than he has currently. Good player to tuck away at the end of your bench, but anyone hoping for a big breakout anytime soon is probably going to be disappointed.
Thomas turns 29 in less than 2 months and is due $2.9M next year while only averaging 3.2 YPC. There's a good possibility if Robinson plays well that they'll let him go and keep Sproles, Robinson and Ingram.

Thomas turns 29 in less than 2 months and is due $2.9M next year while only averaging 3.2 YPC. There's a good possibility if Robinson plays well that they'll let him go and keep Sproles, Robinson and Ingram.
Why Ingram? Is he good at handing out Gatorade?If I am the Saints I cut them both and draft or sign another rookie back next year and spend some money on another receiver or on defense

I'd be surprised if they cut PT, personally, but stranger things have happened I suppose. $2.9 million isn't a ton of coin for what he brings to the table. Probably a bit more likely if they feel that Robinson can be viable as a receiver.

I'd be surprised if they cut PT, personally, but stranger things have happened I suppose. $2.9 million isn't a ton of coin for what he brings to the table. Probably a bit more likely if they feel that Robinson can be viable as a receiver.
As a Saints fan, this is how I feel as well. PT still dominates in the screen game, which is so important to the offense. I can't see Payton letting him go any time soon.

Why Ingram? Is he good at handing out Gatorade?If I am the Saints I cut them both and draft or sign another rookie back next year and spend some money on another receiver or on defense
You're probably right. Cutting Ingram saves them $1.4M and between him and Thomas that's $4.3M they can use to help the team elsewhere.

Would be shocked to see PT let go. That is FF valuation getting confused with real football valuation.

The Saints backfield is so hard to predict and probably still will be next year, but I definitely love how he runs and NO will have no shortage of RZ opps. He might even have some late season appeal like Stecker and Ivory did during the fantasy playoffs of the past. At least Week 15...14 and 16 might be tough...

Week 14: CAR 7th least generous FPPG to RB

Week 15: STL 4th most generous FPPG to RB

Week 16: CAR 7th least generous FPPG to RB

As a Saints fan, this is how I feel as well. PT still dominates in the screen game, which is so important to the offense. I can't see Payton letting him go any time soon.
Robinson looked great catching the ball in the preseason and was a good receiver in college.

Robinson looked great catching the ball in the preseason and was a good receiver in college.
I don't disagree about Robinson's ability. I think citing PT's yards per carry as a reason they might move on is misguided. His true value has been and always will be his vision and decision-making in the screen game. Khiry has a long way to go to replace PT in that role.

Khiry could easily be traded, if he brings a much better return than Ingram, which he would. The Saints are strong SB contenders next year as well, and PT looks very good, esp catching the ball and blocking, and Sproles is special. If the Saints had a bad injury and could get a decent return in terms of an NFL starter they could be forced to trade Khiry. He's actually one of the most tradable guys around, not one of the least.

I don't disagree about Robinson's ability. I think citing PT's yards per carry as a reason they might move on is misguided. His true value has been and always will be his vision and decision-making in the screen game. Khiry has a long way to go to replace PT in that role.
Pretty sure Sproles could take on any receiving role that Pierre Thomas has pretty easily.

Khiry could easily be traded, if he brings a much better return than Ingram, which he would. The Saints are strong SB contenders next year as well, and PT looks very good, esp catching the ball and blocking, and Sproles is special. If the Saints had a bad injury and could get a decent return in terms of an NFL starter they could be forced to trade Khiry. He's actually one of the most tradable guys around, not one of the least.
What makes you think anyone would give much of anything for Robinson let alone more than they would give for Ingram?

It doesn't matter if, in very limited action, Robinson has looked better than Ingram. Ingram has the pedigree and the measurables. Right or wrong there are more than a few coaches out there who believe that he has simply been misused in NO and that they could be the one to get Ingram to hit his true potential.

Robinson may be the better player (he may not btw) but Ingram draws more in a trade. I have to imagine they are just waiting to the best offer they can get and if nothing comes along that they like Payton will hold onto him as an insurance policy against injuries.

What makes you think anyone would give much of anything for Robinson let alone more than they would give for Ingram?

It doesn't matter if, in very limited action, Robinson has looked better than Ingram. Ingram has the pedigree and the measurables. Right or wrong there are more than a few coaches out there who believe that he has simply been misused in NO and that they could be the one to get Ingram to hit his true potential.

Robinson may be the better player (he may not btw) but Ingram draws more in a trade. I have to imagine they are just waiting to the best offer they can get and if nothing comes along that they like Payton will hold onto him as an insurance policy against injuries.
Is there public information out there that you are basing the bolded on?

Chaka-

KR has looked much better and Ingram has been hurt with the kind of injury that troubles people. KR has the "wow" factor the way he hits the hole.

That is always the case. It is the ego (read: hubris) of all coaches.

He's a UDFA with 26 career touches. No one is giving up anything of value for him. NFL =/= FF.

Chaka-

KR has looked much better and Ingram has been hurt with the kind of injury that troubles people. KR has the "wow" factor the way he hits the hole.
I agree that KR looks better, and I agree that he should probably be worth more on the trade market, but that doesn't mean he would generate more than Ingram in a trade. Ingram is young too and his draft position and pedigree mean more than KR's extremely limited production.

He's a UDFA with 26 career touches. No one is giving up anything of value for him. NFL =/= FF.
I don't think he would generate much in FF either.

In FF GMs make the same mistake of overvaluing draft position and pedigree over production.

I don't think he would generate much in FF either. In FF GMs make the same mistake of overvaluing draft position and pedigree over production.
Production on 26 touches?

Regardless, I own KR in a few leagues and I've had more than a few folks sniffing around -- which is more than the Saints are getting I'd bet. NFL owners are HUGELY conservative compared to our FF brethren.

You are confusing the NFL with MLB

Mark Ingram (toe, questionable) returned to a limited practice Friday.
Ingram is shaping up as a game-time decision against the Bills. After hardly practicing coming off a bye -- he didn't participate Wednesday or Thursday -- it's hard to imagine Ingram handling many carries even if he's active. He is worth grabbing in 14- and 16-team leagues if you're desperate at running back.

I'm not sure that's the case. Jamarcus Russell, David Carr, Cedric Benson, Vernon Gholston, Jamaal Anderson, Reggie Williams, Aaron Maybin, and Danny Watkins are a few 1st round picks of just the past few years that were straight up released by the team that drafted them, none of those teams could get a single thing for any of them in trade. I don't think we can assume there's a trade market out there for Ingram anymore than we can assume there's a trade market out there for Khiry.

I'm not sure that's the case. Jamarcus Russell, David Carr, Cedric Benson, Vernon Gholston, Jamaal Anderson, Reggie Williams, Aaron Maybin, and Danny Watkins are a few 1st round picks of just the past few years that were straight up released by the team that drafted them, none of those teams could get a single thing for any of them in trade. I don't think we can assume there's a trade market out there for Ingram anymore than we can assume there's a trade market out there for Khiry.
Fine, I retract the word "always".

Pretty sure Sproles could take on any receiving role that Pierre Thomas has pretty easily.
No, Sproles runs swing routes. I'm specifically talking about screens. Sproles is not nearly as good as Thomas on screens.

At the end of the day, none of this really matters for Robinson's prospects. The role he can grab is Ingram's, not Sproles' or Thomas'.

valhallan said:
No, Sproles runs swing routes. I'm specifically talking about screens. Sproles is not nearly as good as Thomas on screens.

At the end of the day, none of this really matters for Robinson's prospects. The role he can grab is Ingram's, not Sproles' or Thomas'.
I'm far from convinced the bolded is true. And I think it's possible this all matters to the extent that the Saints could conceivably get rid of Thomas and Ingram at the end of the season, and split both of their roles between Khiry and Sproles.

Cadet inactive too, if it matters. So it's PT, Sproles, and Khiry only. Who will the NO RB roulette wheel land on this week?

Sproles best receiver, Khiry best runner, Thomas best all around. I got no clue. Pulling for Khiry from the sidelines.

Well it's desperation time for me this week with so many guys off and/or injured. I'm rolling with Khiry over Mcgahee, Choice, Ball and Daniel Thomas. My reasons? I think the Saints should get up big on Buffalo and I like this guys energy and chances to pound out some yards a maybe a score. You have to like what they did with him two weeks ago. And maybe with a limited graham, they pound it more.

Users who are viewing this thread