What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Karlos Williams, RB (BUF) (3 Viewers)

It's a reflection of Goodell's NFL. Players are disposable like never before (unless you are a kicker who assaults your pregnant wife, that's ok). They are treated as such on the field, in contracts and labor agreements. Suspensions and fines are used to try and get every red cent they can out of the players pockets. 

Sorry, I'm ranting. In any case, if he has fallen so far that the Bills cut him with the hodge podge of talent behind Shady and Williams and Dareus' problems, this kid may not get another look until mid season, if at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
another team may take a shot at him, but the question is if he is worth holding in dynasty.  

20ish man roster i'm leaning towards cutting him.  
22 man rosters we had to make cut this weekend I kept him. Would still make the same decision - he's too talented IMO. 

The Buffalo News reports ex-Bills RB Karlos Williams began regaining the weight he had lost early in camp, forcing the team to cut him.
Beat writer Vic Carucci says Williams re-gaining weight "demonstrat(ed) to the Bills he was not serious about football." Adam Schefter reported Williams got as heavy as 261 pounds this offseason, after weighing 230 at the 2015 Combine. "It's a performance-based business," said GM Doug Whaley. "He came in behind." Williams won't be claimed by any NFL team until he gets in shape.

Related: Bills

Source: Vic Carucci on Twitter 
Aug 20 - 3:35 PM

yeah, at that age it takes a lot to be 30 lbs overweight. 
They eat a #### ton of calories during training. Like 6-10,000 daily. They need it because of their workouts. When they leave for the offseason some guys can't turn that eating off. That's why you usually see retired players either drop weight quickly (because they were t really wanting to keep that up) or balloon up (because they still eat like they did, but aren't spending hours a day training). 

I don't think it was the weight that got him tossed. Rumor has it the weight was a symptom of increased appetite. Which is indicative of use of (or should I say abuse of ) a certain drug. The Bills know more than there telling IMHO. He's got 4 games to miss no matter who picks him up. And that number could increase if he fails another "random" test.

Id like to thank my league-mate for trading me a 4th for him knowing he was just cut.
He said he was worth the risk. I think he must be just as high as Karlos Williams himself.

yeah, i dropped him.  

he's proven he can produce in the NFL, but after the Bills released him, he's got a big hill to climb to be relevant again.  

Can't imagine dealing a guy with his upside for a random future 4th in dynasty before even seeing what happens in the next couple days. Rosters would have to be small. I mean some people weren't even bailing on Hernandez at that price when he was being cuffed for Christ sakes.

Dropped him in three leagues and only picked up in one 12 hours later.  May be a better exit available later but basically worthless today and it's a tight time of year.

Defenze said:
I don't think it was the weight that got him tossed. Rumor has it the weight was a symptom of increased appetite. Which is indicative of use of (or should I say abuse of ) a certain drug. The Bills know more than there telling IMHO. He's got 4 games to miss no matter who picks him up. And that number could increase if he fails another "random" test.
Keep in mind that Williams had serious concussion issues last season.  I wouldn't be surprised, at some point, to hear suggestions this was the catalyst for the behavioral changes.

Washington! Jones is hurt, the rest are struggling. 6 weeks to learn the offense. 

Thats my call. Not a report. 

ConnSKINS26 said:
Can't imagine dealing a guy with his upside for a random future 4th in dynasty before even seeing what happens in the next couple days. Rosters would have to be small. I mean some people weren't even bailing on Hernandez at that price when he was being cuffed for Christ sakes.
We do full IDP.

As a Skins fan, I'm hoping we pick him up. For that to happen (besides the team having preliminary interest in him) he'd need to sit across from McCloughan for a few hours, look him in the eye and convince him he's had his wakeup call and wants to put football first. If that happened, would love to have him and he'd immediately be our best RB.

massraider said:
Well, that was a brief honeymoon.

I'm kind of interested now.  I think the BIlls  had a crowded backfield, and Karlos messed up in the offseason, but if he winds up in a nice situation, he could actually increase his value.  

This is dependent on him pulling his head out of his culo, but the price won't be high.  
Totally agree. I love playing in leagues with deep benches because of situations like this.   Karlos has talent and shown that he can produce when given opportunity.   In my leagues with deep benches--I have no problem taking him as one of my last picks as I could easily see him being a difference maker in the fantasy season based on where he gets picked up.   

He'll probably get signed closer to the end of his suspension. If an RB gets hurt I could see a team taking a gamble on him immediately, but he could probably make more money if he signs after he's back in shape.

He'll probably get signed closer to the end of his suspension. If an RB gets hurt I could see a team taking a gamble on him immediately, but he could probably make more money if he signs after he's back in shape.
I could be wrong, but his suspension wouldn't kick in until he was on a team, no?  Meaning if he's a free agent then those first four games of the NFL season wouldn't count as his punishment should he remain unsigned.

a little surprised a team like Wash or Indy didn't claim him. suppose the weight thing / lack of desire plus the suspension is not a good combo. but talent is there.

I could be wrong, but his suspension wouldn't kick in until he was on a team, no?  Meaning if he's a free agent then those first four games of the NFL season wouldn't count as his punishment should he remain unsigned.
I doubt anyone signs him until after week1 so he can be cut at any time wihtout a guarnateed salary

He was soooooo impressive last year though. I mean this isn't Tre Mason or even TRich. He's a cheap 2nd year guy who had a great rookie season with limited workload. Knuckleheads with talent have gotten a ton of rope before. 

Reminds me of Justin Blackmon. He didn't care enough about the game to even attempt to come back after suspension. If he was regaining weight, the whole I ate while my girl was pregnant thing was BS. He's going to be in awful shape after the suspension, my guess is he doesn't sign anywhere in 2015. If I were a fan, not sure I would want him on my team, doesn't seem like a positive locker room impact.

Crazy how these guys can just throw away a chance at a good life. Make the $$$ for the years you can play. He just threw away $600k+ a year for the next 3 years. He could have easily made the last $1.8M of his four year contract. Not going to cut a promising RB on a 5th round cheap deal unless he completely ####s it all up like he did.

Eddie Lacy cut weight. Bell skipped tests, suspension, is back. Gordon. 

Lets not engrave the tombstone just yet. He had one awful offseason. He's having a baby, that can change a man. 

Im glad I can put him on our suspended/IR list in dynasty. 

How big of a problem does a guy have to be to be that talented, but... not get selected until the 5th round, show up at 261, then be unable to stick to a fitness play during camp, get released by his team and pass through waivers unclaimed after a stellar rookie season?  

A:  a damn big problem.  Even Gordon and Blackmon never got released.  I cut him in several leagues.  

This guy has got bryce brown written all over him...lots of hype every time he goes someplace new but little follow through...

Suspended free agent RB Karlos Williams visited the Jets.
It's Williams' first-known visit since he cleared waivers on Monday. ESPN New York's termed the visit as "due diligence," and says a deal is not imminent. Suspended and overweight, Williams will be signing at the nadir of his value if he finds a new home this week. His best course of action may be getting his body right and building his extremely slim leverage.

Related: Jets

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter 
Aug 23 - 6:50 PM

So hold and see what happens, or just cut him?
Depends on bench size, what's available to replace him. Reports came in that 5 teams are looking into him. At this point I think his career will depend what kind of shape he gets in over the next couple weeks. 

How big of a problem does a guy have to be to be that talented, but... not get selected until the 5th round, show up at 261, then be unable to stick to a fitness play during camp, get released by his team and pass through waivers unclaimed after a stellar rookie season?  

A:  a damn big problem.  Even Gordon and Blackmon never got released.  I cut him in several leagues.  
To be fair, part of the reason he fell to the 5th round is likely because he played safety for the first 2 years + training camp of his junior season before switching to RB.

Let's not forget too that he does carry injury risk.  He missed 3 games with a concussion last season.

To be fair, part of the reason he fell to the 5th round is likely because he played safety for the first 2 years + training camp of his junior season before switching to RB.

Let's not forget too that he does carry injury risk.  He missed 3 games with a concussion last season.
The thing is the weight gain issue happened at FSU. He came into his senior year overweight and lost his job. 

Thanks?

Next time I want to read someone trying to be funny but failing I will look him up.
What makes you think he was trying to be funny? - I'm missing your point here.

ETA: Also Cimini was just reporting Williams visited with the Jets the blurb is Rotoworld's take. Maybe it's the use of "slim" that is throwing you, but what is being said is fairly accurate imo. Right now his value is at it's lowest point and he'd be foolish to sign now before getting in shape.

What makes you think he was trying to be funny? - I'm missing your point here.

ETA: Also Cimini was just reporting Williams visited with the Jets the blurb is Rotoworld's take. Maybe it's the use of "slim" that is throwing you, but what is being said is fairly accurate imo. Right now his value is at it's lowest point and he'd be foolish to sign now before getting in shape.
This -- I think @Biabreakable was commenting on the RW writer adding his worthless 2 cents and trying to be funny... at least that's how I read it.

I'd say there is very little chance of Karlos having fantasy value this year (even if he does get signed by a team like IND or WAS), and possibly ever again. He had a great shot in BUF and blew it. Comes packaged with a nice 4 games suspension and has shown his reluctance to buckle down and shape up. If I was a GM I'd rather sign a promising and hungry UDFA. In fantasy, I'll let someone else burn a roster spot on him.

:2cents:

Users who are viewing this thread