What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Karlos Williams, RB (BUF) (1 Viewer)

The final straw besides the weight and suspension,  was his wife and him - verbally abusing fans back and forth. A few CC'd the Pegula's.  Since the wife has made herself provide.  She runs her mouth quite a bit.

I'd say there is very little chance of Karlos having fantasy value this year (even if he does get signed by a team like IND or WAS), and possibly ever again. He had a great shot in BUF and blew it. Comes packaged with a nice 4 games suspension and has shown his reluctance to buckle down and shape up. If I was a GM I'd rather sign a promising and hungry UDFA. In fantasy, I'll let someone else burn a roster spot on him.

:2cents:
I'd say Karlos is pretty hungry. That one is just for @Biabreakable 

Actually though, I think Washington is a more than serious option for him. Their GM has gone through some very hard times with alcohol (addiction) and divorce/marital problems. He also has a history of bringing in guys the rest of the league pasted on. 

On the flip side he might also see if Karlos isn't ready to get things back on track. It doesn't seem like Williams is a bad person, he just has problems with addiction. At least, from my extremely removed view of the situation. 

I'd say Karlos is pretty hungry. That one is just for @Biabreakable 

Actually though, I think Washington is a more than serious option for him. Their GM has gone through some very hard times with alcohol (addiction) and divorce/marital problems. He also has a history of bringing in guys the rest of the league pasted on. 

On the flip side he might also see if Karlos isn't ready to get things back on track. It doesn't seem like Williams is a bad person, he just has problems with addiction. At least, from my extremely removed view of the situation. 
Washington does make the most sense.

They make so much sense that if they don't bring him in, that's a huge red flag. Or maybe I have too appreciation for McCloughan.
You'd think an AFCE team alone would try him as the third or fourth back or bring him in for Intel of Greg Roman's scheme then cut him in a couple weeks if that was the case.

You'd think an AFCE team alone would try him as the third or fourth back or bring him in for Intel of Greg Roman's scheme then cut him in a couple weeks if that was the case.
I know this happens but really it would only be the Jets, who have reportedly brought him in. Miami needs to focus on getting their own team figured out before worrying about the Bills. BB probably already knows Romans offense better than Karlos does. He definitely has more "tape" than Karlos does. :D  

I know this happens but really it would only be the Jets, who have reportedly brought him in. Miami needs to focus on getting their own team figured out before worrying about the Bills. BB probably already knows Romans offense better than Karlos does. He definitely has more "tape" than Karlos does. :D  
Hasn't stopped BB is the past.  Routinely grabs guys that were cut off the Bills and then cuts them a week later.   I don't see Miami, but the Jets or Pats I can see.  You're right about the other part though.  

Hasn't stopped BB is the past.  Routinely grabs guys that were cut off the Bills and then cuts them a week later.   I don't see Miami, but the Jets or Pats I can see.  You're right about the other part though.  
Hogan was a Bill last year. Williams missed OTAs and maybe some more time? Maybe The Hoodie figured he already had enough info that what Karlos was offering wasn't enough to bring him in. 

Hahahaha. It's always fun poking at the Pats. 

The final straw besides the weight and suspension,  was his wife and him - verbally abusing fans back and forth. A few CC'd the Pegula's.  Since the wife has made herself provide.  She runs her mouth quite a bit.
That's the first I heard of this. I know that Karlos had tweeted something as soon as the Tyrod contract news broke. He downplayed it as people making it out to be something other than it was. I heard someone else say over at www.buffalorumblings.com that one of the beat writers had eluded to teammates not liking Karlos's attitude but wouldn't get into details over the radio about it.

The 4 game suspension is well known. He's going into year 2 and already hit with a suspension, so that means he failed a test or missed one prior to this. I don't recall there being any news about that. Karlos is on his 3rd or 4th child now with his fiancé. He's not a first-time father who got caught up with his fiancé's late night food binges. He's been through it before, so that is a poor excuse. The weight problem was a concern in and of itself. Eddie Lacy is a prime example of how bad a RB can perform when he's significantly over weight. Anybody who drafted him last year has that sour taste in their mouth.

But when you show up overweight, get hit with a 4 game suspension, get on a training regimen and then add an additional 5 pounds on top of that, those are not good signs. He had a concussion last season that knocked him out of a game and he missed 3 additional games as well. A concussion lasting 3+ weeks should be considered serious. There are a lot of red flags with this kid. There's no denying he's talented, but he needs to wake up and realize that his career is in jeopardy.

IF he can get back in shape and keep his nose clean, he's got enough talent to make a FF impact somewhere. There will still be the concussion concerns moving forward regardless. The fact that he was released should speak volumes about him. Rex Ryan is known as giving players second chances. After putting up the season he did as a 5th round pick, it looked as though the team found a diamond in the rough to a degree. I understand that Whaley makes that decision, but it doesn't sound as if Rex fought very hard (if at all) to keep him on the team. That would be concerning for me moving forward.

Dr. Octopus said:
What makes you think he was trying to be funny? - I'm missing your point here.

ETA: Also Cimini was just reporting Williams visited with the Jets the blurb is Rotoworld's take. Maybe it's the use of "slim" that is throwing you, but what is being said is fairly accurate imo. Right now his value is at it's lowest point and he'd be foolish to sign now before getting in shape.
I already wasted enough time not appreciating his play on words. I guess this just flew over your head.  :shrug:

Not the worst joke I have ever cringed at, just one of the worst one recently.

Williams might not get another chance in the NFL and that is on him for not staying in shape. His actions suggest he doesn't care about being a good football player. It just seems mean to be kicking the guy with all the fat jokes when he is already at the end of his rope, that's all.

Didn't know about this?
So I missed this too and had to look. Between August 11th and August 15th she was pretty busy on Twitter going back and forth with fans. Apparently at some point Karlos had made a statement that he didn't want fans to cheer for him when he scored. I'm guessing this is because he was upset at fans after their reaction to his suspension/being overweight. She got into some arguments with people on Twitter. Nothing that is on there now is too bad, just defending him and telling people to go watch film. The one comment I was curious about, her different thoughts on the playoffs, she referenced Sammy and Karlos but didn't elaborate. Assuming she was putting the blame elsewhere.

Her Twitter is @DakotaaaRayyy if anybody is curious.

Former Buffalo Bills running back Karlos Williams is wrapping up a visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to multiple sources.

Williams' visit with the Steelers started on Saturday and was coming to an end this afternoon. Karlos Williams' brother, Vince Williams, plays for Pittsburgh.

SameSongNDance said:
I'm reading that he's going to be signing with JAC. If true, it's probably one of the worst landing spots for him, no?
I'm not sure but I think I'm just glad he's signing anywhere.

SameSongNDance said:
I'm reading that he's going to be signing with JAC. If true, it's probably one of the worst landing spots for him, no?
That doesn't sound so encouraging for Chris Ivory. What happened to that guy?

I'm not sure but I think I'm just glad he's signing anywhere.
This hasn't been substantiated yet so I suppose needs to be viewed as pure speculation. But given the landscape of RB corps around the NFL, I feel pretty confident that he will be signed somewhere. That also assume he doesn't still weigh 260 lbs.

This hasn't been substantiated yet so I suppose needs to be viewed as pure speculation. But given the landscape of RB corps around the NFL, I feel pretty confident that he will be signed somewhere. That also assume he doesn't still weigh 260 lbs.
Jerome Bettis and The Ghost of Craig Heyward scoff at this.

#3billsOrGTFO

Last edited by a moderator:
So about 4 hours ago someone posted on Reddit stating that their father works at a hotel in Buffalo and Karlos Williams had reserved a room. That news spreads, and then the beat reporters "confirm" that he is coming in for a visit. I'm wondering if the beat reporters reached out to sources after hearing this. Kind of a cool way to get the tip.

If he does resign w. the Bills, what does that make his value? This is my first year playing FF after taking a 10 year hiatus, so I'm not familiar with his performance/usage last year. 

If he does resign w. the Bills, what does that make his value? This is my first year playing FF after taking a 10 year hiatus, so I'm not familiar with his performance/usage last year. 
Who knows. He was highly productive last year when given touches and arrow was pointing sky high, then gets popped for a 4 game suspension and showed up like 30lbs out of shape. 

When at the right weight he is a very good RB. But he's behind Shady. If he does get signed to Buffalo he may be a decent flier in deeper leagues. In deep dynasty is grab him now if your bench has any scrubs you could drop. 

McCoy would run down the field and Karlos would come in with fresh legs against a tired defense and end up scoring. He didn't have a lot of touches last year but finished with 9 TDs. The offense is even less dynamic this year, which means the team may run the ball even more if they can. If Karlos is in shape and has his head screwed on straight, he could retake his role from last year. You can't expect that type of TD% again, but he could play a role and be a good handcuff on a run first team.

There are worse fliers to take a chance on.  Still...it'd be nice to see him in a backfield that doesn't have a bellcow. 

Much rather he re-sign with the Bills than go to the Jags.  What's encouraging to me (if he does re-sign) is that the Bills know what they had in him before cutting him (insert "lots of donuts" joke here), know how he compares to what they currently have behind Shady, and are apparently making the decision to bring him back when assessing those things.  IMO that speaks volumes about the opportunity he may have if he just stays focused moving forward.

Much rather he re-sign with the Bills than go to the Jags.  What's encouraging to me (if he does re-sign) is that the Bills know what they had in him before cutting him (insert "lots of donuts" joke here), know how he compares to what they currently have behind Shady, and are apparently making the decision to bring him back when assessing those things.  IMO that speaks volumes about the opportunity he may have if he just stays focused moving forward.
I would agree. The offense was going to be run heavy before Sammy went down. If Karlos was brought back they may elect to run even more, or to at least spell McCoy more to keep him fresh.

From a dynasty standpoint, Buffalo wouldn't be the worst situation even with McCoy.  His age and contract is getting higher.  Much better landing spots however you are correct.  As a Bills fan, they run the ball a lot and cutting Reggie Bush for him would make sense.  I'm indifferent about the move.

I just read the workout was cancelled! He must have shown up at 290lbs. do they need a tackle?  :X

Haha, his fiance is getting so much #### on twitter now it's ridiculous. Regardless, I actually think she will be able to provide the most insight on this.

avage ‏@DakotaaaRayyy  5h5 hours ago
hey you guys.. this is the gods honest truth. buffalo cancelled los' trip for this weekend. waiting for a rescheduled visit.
savage ‏@DakotaaaRayyy  5h5 hours ago
this visit was strictly a workout. no talk of resigning was ever mentioned.
savage ‏@DakotaaaRayyy  2h2 hours ago
savage Retweeted Chuck Zambito

we are waiting for a new visit date.
savage ‏@DakotaaaRayyy  2h2 hours ago
guys.. los tweeted about his return to the game. not a team. you gotta stop reading in between the letters on everything.

Pittsburgh Steelers 

@steelers

We have signed RB Karlos Williams to our practice squad.

8:48 AM - 12 Oct 2016
Oh man - that's a horrific landing spot for him. At least he's only on the practice squad which means other teams can still sign him off of there.

ETA: long term it may not be bad with D'Agelo being 33 this year - he could be backing up Bell next year, which given his injuries and suspension history isn't quite as bad as it seems.

Oh man - that's a horrific landing spot for him. At least he's only on the practice squad which means other teams can still sign him off of there.

ETA: long term it may not be bad with D'Agelo being 33 this year - he could be backing up Bell next year, which given his injuries and suspension history isn't quite as bad as it seems.
And contract expiration, though I'd imagine Pitt puts the franchise tag on Bell this offseason.

Buck Bradcanon said:
Wonder if this says anything at all about status of Deangelo's knee.
I don't think so.  The Steelers had Karlos in for a look-see weeks ago.  This is a little insurance policy for the Steelers who have been burned the past two playoffs because of injuries at the RB position and it also gives them potential options for next year depending on what happens with Bell and Williams.

They had to release Daryl Richardson a few weeks ago so they could use some depth

ETA:  It turns out that Richardson is on the Steelers PS as well.  I missed that he had re-signed.

Users who are viewing this thread