What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cody Latimer (2 Viewers)

Wow, just made a soft play for Latimer and was told he should take over for DT by next year as the #1 for the Broncos. Rookie love is in full swing..

Tibereas said:
Wow, just made a soft play for Latimer and was told he should take over for DT by next year as the #1 for the Broncos. Rookie love is in full swing..
Not. Gonna. Happen. Ever.

I would like to know how these numbers are calculated. When Cooks faced Ekpre-Olomu last year he was shut down but caught a few short passes. While they were still catches to me they don't count as beating a CB.

Tibereas said:
:lol:

I netted Latimer in both rookie drafts so far - pick 2.02 in a 12 team league and 1.23 in a 32 team league, but he's the future #2 or slot guy, not taking over for DT.

Tibereas said:

I netted Latimer in both rookie drafts so far - pick 2.02 in a 12 team league and 1.23 in a 32 team league, but he's the future #2 or slot guy, not taking over for DT.
I wonder what happens to the whole offenses FF value when Peyton hangs it up

Tibereas said:

Latimer's odds of ever being as good as Thomas are slim to none. Still, I think he's one of the guys in this class that has true WR1 potential if he works his craft correctly. He should be better than a slot guy.

Tibereas said:

Latimer's odds of ever being as good as Thomas are slim to none. Still, I think he's one of the guys in this class that has true WR1 potential if he works his craft correctly. He should be better than a slot guy.
I agree that he can be really good (see that I took him in all of my leagues so far). But the days of "better than slot guy" meaning much are over in PPR. Slot guys can be pretty damn valuable.

Tibereas said:

Likely won't have 4 elite receivers, but Oz is pretty talented.

Tibereas said:
:lol: I netted Latimer in both rookie drafts so far - pick 2.02 in a 12 team league and 1.23 in a 32 team league, but he's the future #2 or slot guy, not taking over for DT.
Likely won't have 4 elite receivers, but Oz is pretty talented.
I like him too, but he's no Peyton

Rotoworld:

As expected, the Broncos are limiting second-round pick Cody Latimer's OTA reps as he recovers from January 19 left-foot surgery.

The Broncos have no incentive to rush Latimer into team drills with Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, and Emmanuel Sanders entrenched as their base three-receiver set. Latimer did catch a touchdown pass in goal-line work during Monday's OTA session. If Welker or Sanders suffers an injury this year, Latimer could appear on the re-draft radar. For now, he's more of a Dynasty league asset.

Source: Denver Post

Jun 2 - 3:24 PM

This can't help at all. He needs to get in snyc with Peyton ASAP. He has a tiny window to play with one of the GOAT to begin with.

Peyton will be in Denver for 2-3 years still imo, plenty of time for Latimer to put up big numbers with him and gain tonnes of value for trades if you want to.

Welker is a free agent after this year, it's been well documented. Sanders and Latimer will be interchangeable in 2015...

If the Broncos win the SB i could see Manning retiring after this year.
Mike KlisVerified account ‏@MikeKlis

Peyton Manning says his goal is to play out contract with Broncos. Which is through 2016. Which is when he's 40: http://www.
Next year he'll become the all-time TD passing leader but he'll probably need to play in 2015 to become the all passing yardage leader. Not that you know he's ever given the impression he cares about stats or anything.

Foot injuries worry me but I targeted Latimer heavily in dynasty drafts but mostly came up empty, just got him in one place. I wanted him because I truly believe that with reasonably good health by the end of the 2015 season he'll be 1b to DT's 1a in the way Jeffery is to Marshall. He's got as much upside as any WR from this draft class.

@7RoundsInApril · Jun 10

Remember...comps use pre-draft info for all players - current prospects are compared only to past *prospects*. NFL careers not considered.
@7RoundsInApril · Jun 10

Ranked first by tier, and then within tier. Assumes all positions have equal value.
@7RoundsInApril · Jun 10

#10 Cody Latimer: Kenny Britt, Jordy Nelson, possibly Eric Decker
@7RoundsInApril · Jun 10

Forgot to mention... #6 to #12 are Elite Prospects with Added Risk or Good Prospects with Clean Profiles

Last edited by a moderator:
:yes: but he could try to repeat.
:lmao: Repeat ?

Manning got his ### handed to him in the SB, He'll be lucky to get a sniff of a SB game again, and if he does we should see more of the same as we did in SB XLVII.

Fantastic regular season QB, below .500 career in the playoffs.
More than half the QBs that have ever led their teams to the playoffs have .500 or worse playoff records. That includes many of the greats.

Cody Latimer - WR - Broncos
Broncos second-round pick Cody Latimer (foot) was limited during OTAs, but "did offer glimpses of how adept he is at winning the ball in contested situations."
ESPN reporter Jeff Legwold also confirms Latimer "is on track to be ready for the regular season opener." Latimer stands 6-foot-3, 215 and ran in the 4.3s at his Pro Day. It was Sigmund Bloom who suggested Latimer could be this year's Keenan Allen. He just needs to catch one break higher on the depth chart.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 16 - 10:30 PM

He just went 1.12 in one of my leagues. Almost took him at 1.11 myself. It's really a toss up at the point when you get down to those guys in that tier (Adams, Latimer, Robinson, Lee). I've seen cases for and against all of them.

Broncos second-round pick Cody Latimer (foot) was limited during OTAs, but "did offer glimpses of how adept he is at winning the ball in contested situations."

ESPN reporter Jeff Legwold also confirms Latimer "is on track to be ready for the regular season opener." Latimer stands 6-foot-3, 215 and ran in the 4.3s at his Pro Day. It was Sigmund Bloom who suggested Latimer could be this year's Keenan Allen. He just needs to catch one break higher on the depth chart.

I realize Peyton means lots of opportunity, but no rough-edged kid is going to have a Keenan Allen year lined up across from DT.

Source: ESPN.com

Jul 16 - 10:30 PM

Rotoworld:

Second-round rookie WR Cody Latimer is a full participant at Broncos camp.
A foot injury limited Latimer this spring, but the 56th pick in May's draft is shining early in camp. He beat first-round CB Bradley Roby for a long TD from Brock Osweiler in Thursday's practice and has "showed no issues" with the foot. In addition to his impressive size-speed combination, the Denver Post reports the Broncos considered Latimer "the best blocking receiver in the draft."

Source: Denver Post

DT, Sanders, Welker, JT, and Latimer....goose bumps....but I'm staying away in redraft leagues. Too many mouths to feed.

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/492411663664947200

My five thoughts from the first day of training camp: Emmanuel Sanders, Cody Latimer & more: http://dbron.co/4ds
2. Wide receiver

Cody Latimer's physical gifts were obvious from the moment he began working against fellow rookie Bradley Roby in one-on-one drills. Roby is tenacious, but on the first pass of the period, Latimer used his hands to fight off Roby, who came close to holding the receiver, to make the grab from Brock Osweiler. He later caught a long touchdown pass in the team period, working past Tony Carter and Duke Ihenacho.

Another impressive example of Latimer's day came on a short pass near the right sideline from Osweiler during a seven-on-seven period. With Tony Carter closing and making contact, Latimer's first task was to secure the ball; he did this cleanly and avoided the big mistake.

But Latimer saw shortcomings, and that reflected in his self-assessment.

"Maybe like a C-minus. I made minor mistakes," he said. "That happens, but we’ve got to clear them up and make sure it’s very minimum mistakes. I’m trying to get my grade to a B (or) an A."

Latimer was listed as one of the injured players by Fox because of a left foot problem -- the same foot on which he had surgery earlier this year. He said he had "no pain," and appeared unaffected during practice.

Is there anyway this kid can get on the field this year without an injury? I'd love to see him in the starting lineup, but I don't know if Fox will sit Sanders for him.

Rotoworld:

Broncos second-round WR Cody Latimer "had an excellent first week of practice."
Demaryius Thomas missed the first four days to deal with a personal matter, allowing Latimer to get first-team reps. He "made the best play of camp" on a deep post from Brock Osweiler and has shown no ill-effects from the foot injury that limited him at OTAs. Latimer should open the year as Denver's No. 4 wideout, but will have top-25 fantasy upside if any of the Broncos' top three go down.

Source: denverbroncos.com

Is there anyway this kid can get on the field this year without an injury? I'd love to see him in the starting lineup, but I don't know if Fox will sit Sanders for him.
Absolutely. Peyton Manning has more say over the offense than Fox does. If Manning thinks the offense is better with Latimer out there over Sanders or Welker then that's what's gonna happen.

Absolutely. Peyton Manning has more say over the offense than Fox does. If Manning thinks the offense is better with Latimer out there over Sanders or Welker then that's what's gonna happen.
Good point, and I'm not here to piss on anyone's parade, but this time last year Peyton had been talking Montee Ball up for a couple months. I know, different positions, but I'm just sayin'. Probably best to just stick with the vets. Peyton can make anyone look good, he doesn't necessarily need an overachieving rookie on the field with guys like Welker, Thomas and Sanders who are going to do all the small things right and also have the ability to make big plays.

By all accounts Sanders has been looking very good in camp too. I love Latimer and own him on quite a few dynasties but his real value is 2015 unless one of DT, Welker or Sanders goes down. This offense is scary good this year if Ball can get it done on the ground and in pass protection.

Good point, and I'm not here to piss on anyone's parade, but this time last year Peyton had been talking Montee Ball up for a couple months. I know, different positions, but I'm just sayin'. Probably best to just stick with the vets. Peyton can make anyone look good, he doesn't necessarily need an overachieving rookie on the field with guys like Welker, Thomas and Sanders who are going to do all the small things right and also have the ability to make big plays.
It's not what Manning says about a player in August that matters, it's what he thinks about him in November that matters.

And I think you're overselling Sanders and Welker by quite a bit. Sanders struggles to catch 60% of his targets on a season by season basis, and when you consider he's an underneath receiver that of his 161 receptions has only 3 that went for 40+ yards, I think it's fair to say he's mediocre at best, and has hardly exhibited the ability to make big plays. Welker's definitely a much safer and reliable target, but he showed some serious signs of decline last year, and he definitely didn't exhibit the ability to make big plays either; his longest reception last year was only 33 yards.

And as far as overachieving goes, that simply depends on one's expectations. One person's overachieving is another's underachieving.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not what Manning says about a player in August that matters, it's what he thinks about him in November that matters.

And I think you're overselling Sanders and Welker by quite a bit. Sanders struggles to catch 60% of his targets on a season by season basis, and when you consider he's an underneath receiver that of his 161 receptions has only 3 that went for 40+ yards, I think it's fair to say he's mediocre at best, and has hardly exhibited the ability to make big plays. Welker's definitely a much safer and reliable target, but he showed some serious signs of decline last year, and he definitely didn't exhibit the ability to make big plays either; his longest reception last year was only 33 yards.

And as far as overachieving goes, that simply depends on one's expectations. One person's overachieving is another's underachieving.
I think you're missing my point. I don't think Sanders is anything special, in fact, I sold him in the only league I owned him. Thanks for signing him and giving him any sort of value, Denver!

I was more talking about the little things. Picking up Peyton's audibles on the fly, making the right blocks.. And just being consistent running routes and being in the right places. I think that's all Peyton needs. Especially when we're talking about true pros like Thomas and Welker.

:yes: but he could try to repeat.
:lmao: Repeat ?

Manning got his ### handed to him in the SB, He'll be lucky to get a sniff of a SB game again, and if he does we should see more of the same as we did in SB XLVII.

Fantastic regular season QB, below .500 career in the playoffs.More than half the QBs that have ever led their teams to the playoffs have .500 or worse playoff records. That includes many of the greats.
True....but only one has lost more post-season games than any other QB in the history of the national football league.

:cough:

Rotoworld:

Broncos second-round pick Cody Latimer caught a 33-yard touchdown pass in Sunday's second preseason game against the 49ers.

Running with the Broncos' twos, Latimer went up and over 49ers rookie CB Dontae Johnson for his 33-yard score in the third quarter, delivered by Brock Osweiler. It was the first reception of Latimer's pro career; he finished Denver's exhibition opener catch-less on one target. Latimer is worth a late pick in best-ball and deeper re-draft leagues, but needs one of Denver's top three receivers to miss time in order to become useful in fantasy.

Aug 17 - 7:13 PM

Welker has had his 3rd concussion in 10 months and could be out for some time. And when / if he does come back, another hit could put him out for good. Scary stuff for Welker. I know it's hard for these guys to walk away and some have. Others continue to risk their long term health and continue to play despite warnings from doctors. Really hope this one is considered minor and he can continue on with his career and life with no lingering health issues.

So if Welker is actually out, is this Latimer definitely worth a pickup in a fairly deep league? (65 WR rostered right now)

For this year, is he more roster-worthy than any of these guys either way?

Stills

Allen Hurns

Hemingway

Marlon Brown

Dobson

Thompkins

Jermaine Kearse

Doug Baldwin

Users who are viewing this thread