What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (4 Viewers)

Kenny Golladay (knee) won't return to the Giants' Week 5 game against the Cowboys. 

The Giants are now missing Golladay, Daniel Jones (head), Saquon Barkley (ankle), Sterling Shepard (hamstring), and Darius Slayton (hamstring). Golladay's absence to start the second half was something of a surprise; he wasn't noticeably injured in the first half against Dallas. Kadarius Toney is, for now, New York's unquestioned No. 1 receiver. 

SOURCE: Jonathan Jones on Twitter 

Oct 10, 2021, 6:11 PM ET

What's the plan with this guy. Are we holding? I need a spot for a back up te and it's coming down to him and players like Mooney.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the plan with this guy. Are we holding? I need a spot for a back up te and it's coming down to him and players like Mooney.

I'm holding for now and I would probably hold over Mooney for the time being as well, but I don't feel to great about what is transpiring in NY. Toney is getting more and more touches and Shepard and Slayton will be back sooner than later. Golladay might be the odd man out in 2 weeks, if he returns by then. 

He was dropped in my league. Pre-draft I was way low on him (maybe WR40ish). So holding on Jeudy for me (who I had like WR28ish) makes way more sense.

ROS, not sure where he ranks. Just scooped up Toney who I feel like has more upside at this point. Message board posts don't always age well tho. so we'll see.

Kenny Golladay (hyperextended knee) remained sidelined for Thursday's practice.

Golladay hasn't practiced since hyperextending his knee in Week 5 against Dallas and is not expected to play on Sunday. With Kadarius Toney (foot) also sidelined, Dante Pettis could be forced into the slot again out of necessity pending John Ross' (hamstring) and Darius Slayton's (hamstring) statuses on the final injury report. Sterling Shepard is the only Giants receiver worth trusting for fantasy.

SOURCE: Pat Leonard on Twitter

Oct 21, 2021, 12:08 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hyperextended knee) was ruled out for Week 8 against the Panthers.

Sunday will make the second consecutive week Golladay failed to practice and thus play. It's possible a stint on injured reserve is in his future if he's still unable to practice ahead of the team's Monday night game in Week 9. Saquon Barkley (ankle) and Kadarius Toney (foot) were also ruled out.

SOURCE: Dan Duggan on Twitter

Oct 22, 2021, 1:40 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hyperextended knee) remained sidelined for Friday's practice.

Golladay hasn't practiced since hyperextending his knee in Week 5 against Dallas and is not expected to play on Monday night. With Kadarius Toney (ankle) returning to practice, the Giants should still open with Sterling Shepard, Darius Slayton, and Toney against Kansas City. There's a chance Golladay goes on injured reserve.

SOURCE: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Oct 29, 2021, 3:02 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (knee) has been ruled out for Week 8 against Kansas City.

Golladay's knee injury will cost him at least another game and there's a chance he's rested through the Giants' Week 10 bye. Kadarius Toney (questionable, ankle) is expected to be a game-time decision. The Giants should have all three of Sterling Shepard (questionable, hamstring), Darius Slayton, and Toney for Monday night's matchup with the Chiefs.

Oct 30, 2021, 12:56 PM ET

Anyone know what the deal is with his injury?

Was dropped in one league and while I'm sure his owners hate him right now, he could prove valuable down the stretch if the NYG WRs (Sheppard, Toney) keep dropping like flies.

I'm at 7-1 and a Golladay as a #4 WR...assuming healthy in a couple weeks...sure would look good on the bench for now.

Expected back this week?

Anyone know what the deal is with his injury?

Was dropped in one league and while I'm sure his owners hate him right now, he could prove valuable down the stretch if the NYG WRs (Sheppard, Toney) keep dropping like flies.

I'm at 7-1 and a Golladay as a #4 WR...assuming healthy in a couple weeks...sure would look good on the bench for now.

Expected back this week?

Golladay is more delicate than fine china.  Something is always wrong with him.

killface said:
Holding onto him and ridley on a short bench 14 team league is absolutely killing me

Wow just drop them, Golladay has been a free agent that nobody has picked up for weeks in both of my short bench leagues, I expect Ridley to be soon as well.  I think you are over-valuing your dead-weight. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow just drop them, Golladay has been on the waiver wire for weeks in both of my short bench leagues, I expect Ridley to be soon as well.  I think you are over-valuing your dead-weight. 

I think i am too...the belief that these two would turn it around has cost me my season.

There is no saving it at this point

Kenny Golladay (knee) returned to Giants practice Thursday for the first time since Week 5. 

It gives Golladay a puncher's chance of returning against the Raiders, though considering his recent health history, we wouldn't count on it. Of course, considering the Giants' injury choices so far this season, there is a legitimate chance he will be out there. If Golladay knows, we will have little to go on when it comes to projecting his snap and target shares. This is an offense that has been beset by injury chaos in its skill corps, Golladay obviously much included. At best, we would treat Golladay as a WR4 if he takes the field vs. Vegas. His status will be updated no later than Friday afternoon. 

SOURCE: Jordan Raanan on Twitter 

Nov 4, 2021, 2:45 PM ET

Dan Duggan of The Athletic reports that Kenny Golladay (knee) is expected to play against the Raiders in Week 9.

Pending no setbacks, of course, The Giants are shaping up to have Golladay and Kadarius Toney as Daniel Jones' main targets against a much-improved Raiders defense. It will be a tough spot to trust Golladay in off three missed weeks in a row, but Sterling Shepard (quad) sitting will make the volume competition easier for Golladay. He'll be a high-risk FLEX or WR4. 

Nov 6, 2021, 10:33 AM ET

Kenny Golladay caught both of his targets for 28 yards in the Giants' Week 9 win over the Raiders.

Golladay wasn't heavily involved in the passing game but did run a healthy amount of routes. He ran a route on 81 percent of Daniel Jones' dropbacks and that mark led all New York receivers. After being sidelined since Week 5 with a knee injury, it was a promising return from the Giants' biggest free agent signing of the offseason. New York gets their bye next week and then they face the Bucs in a matchup that has been ideal for opposing passing attacks. Golladay will slot in as a high-upside WR3/4, depending on the status of Sterling Shepard, who missed this game with a quad injury. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Kenny Golladay caught 1-of-2 targets for 12 yards in the Giants' Week 11 loss to the Bucs.

It was Golladay's second game back from injury, but the Giants continued rotating wideouts, giving John Ross and Collin Johnson snaps as the fourth and fifth receivers. Golladay's two targets were well behind fellow WRs Kadarius Toney (12) and Darius Slayton (7), while Toney led the team with his seven catches and 40 yards. Golladay has had a very frustrating start to his Giants career. Consider him a WR3/4 next week at home against the Eagles.

Nov 22, 2021, 11:45 PM ET

Can't believe i drafted this dud.  Went into the season with Ridley and Golladay as 1/2 and felt pretty good...show's what i know

Going through motions.  Not even trying on blocks either.  Bust.

I don't enough to really say this but he certainly gives off a vibe of someone who got paid, was not liking how he's being utilized and just started mailing it in.
Have never been so happy to see a star walk. Widely held view he malingered through last year to preserve his market value.

Also, he opted not to have surgery last winter on his hip issue. Read a doctors opinion how with that type of injury it’s common the athlete thinks he’s fully healed but he’s not - with the surgery they would know for sure. Kind of make you want to question his judgement.

He was just never a good signing. I’m sure I don’t speak alone amongst Lions fans in saying that many of us knew how this signing would turn out on two fronts ..

1. he’s injury prone 

2. he was never able to get any separation on his own in Detroit. He relied on a QB that was able to throw bullets into tiny windows that would give him an advantage over the covering CB. Not many QBs about that have Stafford’s particular qualities that can get the best out of a Golladay 

It was a terrible signing almost everyone in my fantasy league agreed

That being said should i just drop him.  I haven't started him thankfully (starting cedrick wilson over him this week) but he is taking up valuable real estate at the end of the bench

That being said should i just drop him.

Judge has already said Golladay is not getting the ball enough and they will correct it. Now granted a little more is still not much but when the OC is fired and head coach is saying these kind of things I think it's a good idea to hang on another week or two and see how coaching change might impact him, if his usage can increase more then just a little.

Judge has already said Golladay is not getting the ball enough and they will correct it. Now granted a little more is still not much but when the OC is fired and head coach is saying these kind of things I think it's a good idea to hang on another week or two and see how coaching change might impact him, if his usage can increase more then just a little.

That's what i keep doing and I'll probably continue to do for another couple of weeks

Thanks for the thoughts...

Didn't he say that two games ago?  Losing Garrett can only help the offense...I'm just concerned that even if the Giants try to get Golladay more involved there might be too many mouths to feed.

Kenny Golladay (ribs) did not practice Wednesday.

Per The Atheltic's Dan Duggan, Golladay was moving gingerly during some individual drills before going off to the side with the team's trainers. Golladay was on and off the field with the rib issue during Week 13 but ultimately finished the game. With Mike Glennon expected to be under center and Golladay at far less than full health, if he plays at all, fantasy managers can look elsewhere this week.

Dec 8, 2021, 2:18 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (ribs) practiced on Thursday.

Golladay seemed to have a normal workload according to beat reporters and stands a good shot at being at least on the optimistic side of questionable for Week 14. It will, obviously, be hard to recommend playing him in fantasy lineups with Mike Glennon or Jake Fromm under center. Golladay is WR40 in RotoPat's ranks for the week. 

SOURCE: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Dec 9, 2021, 3:35 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (ribs) is listed as questionable for Week 14 against the Chargers.

Golladay sounds likely to play, as does Sterling Shepard. Golladay will likely benefit from a capable slot receiver being on the field, which could potentially draw some defensive attention away from him, particularly in the red zone. However, with Mike Glennon likely at quarterback, Golladay has a very low floor. He looks like a WR4 option this week.

Dec 10, 2021, 4:59 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kenny Golladay (ribs) is expected to play in Week 14 against the Chargers.

With Sterling Shepard also expected to play, the Giants' receiving room is nearly at full strength. Kadarius Toney is dealing with an oblique issue and will be the only missing member of the unit. A near-full compliment of weapons should draw some attention away from Golladay, allowing him to get open downfield more often than he has throughout the year. However, Mike Glennon isn't the quarterback most likely to take advantage of his weapons. Golladay has some deep FLEX appeal but his entire day could come down to one long catch. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 12, 2021, 8:39 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread