What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cody Latimer (1 Viewer)

I read a rumor that Manning hates Latimer because of some disagreement on the team bus and basically blackballed him since. Maybe it wasn't a talent thing and more of a diva issue with manning.

bigmarc27 said:
I read a rumor that Manning hates Latimer because of some disagreement on the team bus and basically blackballed him since. Maybe it wasn't a talent thing and more of a diva issue with manning.
Maybe he had sex with one of Manning's girlfriends (whom the public never hears about).

bigmarc27 said:
Maybe he had sex with one of Manning's girlfriends (whom the public never hears about).
It often bothers me that I have no idea why Peyton is sleeping with.

bigmarc27 said:
Maybe he didn't wear a suit and everyone else did

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000588143/article/cody-latimer-leads-the-list-of-10-week-12-fantasy-sleepers?campaign=sf16022610+sf16022610

... After seeing seven targets for three catches and 24 yards in over a year and a half with Manning, Latimer has six targets for four receptions 51 yards and a touchdown in less than a game and half with Osweiler. In the last two games, Latimer went out for 44 percent of the team's snaps. His increase in role and productivity is no coincidence ...

... touchdown upside. He's always been a strong player in the contested game, and led the team in red zone targets last week, taking one in for a 10-yard touchdown.

The real message here is that the final chapter of Cody Latimer's story is far from completed. In fact we may have just arrived at the beginning. For dynasty league players, check to see where Latimer stands. His owner may well have moved, landing him on the waiver wire. If he's still rostered, see if you can flip a late 2016 rookie draft pick or low-end veteran for him. All signs point to a still bright future, and a stretch run where he's relevant in season-long leagues.

Cody Latimer is competing with Bennie Fowler for the No. 3 receiver job.
With Andre Caldwell gone, Latimer is the favorite to get the majority of three-wide snaps. His upside is limited behind Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders in a run-heavy offense with major quarterback concerns. A 2014 second-round pick, Latimer is entering a make-or-break season.

Source: Denver Post 
May 28 - 3:21 PM

This waste of space might never catch more than 20 balls in a year, but I like that he filmed a domestic disturbance with a GoPro.  Nice use of technology, young feller.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/03/cody-latimer-recorded-domestic-dispute-with-gopro-camera/

Cody Latimer recorded domestic dispute with GoPro camera

Posted by Mike Florio on June 3, 2016, 5:50 AM EDT
The unusual arrest of Broncos receiver Cody Latimer includes, not surprisingly, some unusual details.

The Denver Post has obtained the arrest report. For starters, Latimer told police that he was wearing a GoPro camera during the disturbance the allegedly ended with Latimer’s girlfriend slapping him in the face.

Latimer told police that he called them in order to “de-escalate everything,” and that Latimer didn’t “want any drama” — including no criminal charges for 25-year-old Jaimee Rando.

To Latimer’s surprise, arrests occurred of both Rando, for assault, and Latimer, for failing to appear in court in response to a traffic ticket. The police report indicates that Latimer said “someone from the Denver Broncos should have taken care of this ticket.”

Latimer and Rando face misdemeanor charges, which suggests that things likely will get resolved in time with minor fines and short stints on probation at most.

He's an interesting prospect in that, he's never "busted" but simply hasn't seen playing time behind two talented Wide Receivers. He was highly touted coming out of the draft and he's only 23 years old now with no real wear and tear on his body.

Redraft I'm avoiding but in Dynasty, you can get this guy for marbles. People forget he was a 2nd round pick. Excited to see what he can do this year. Even mild production of 600 yards or so will raise his stock higher than it is worth now...  which is pretty much nothing.

He's an interesting prospect in that, he's never "busted" but simply hasn't seen playing time behind two talented Wide Receivers. He was highly touted coming out of the draft and he's only 23 years old now with no real wear and tear on his body...... People forget he was a 2nd round pick. 
When you say he was stuck behind two talented WR's..... are you talking about Bennie Fowler and Jordan Norwood? Because he also got outproduced by Andre Caldwell as well.

If ending the season with 6 catches/59 yards/1 TD and finishing as the teams #10 receiver after, as you pointed out, being drafted in the 2nd round isn't a bust........ what is a bust? I mean he ran circles around Jeff Heuerman, that was impressive I guess.

When you say he was stuck behind two talented WR's..... are you talking about Bennie Fowler and Jordan Norwood? Because he also got outproduced by Andre Caldwell as well.

If ending the season with 6 catches/59 yards/1 TD and finishing as the teams #10 receiver after, as you pointed out, being drafted in the 2nd round isn't a bust........ what is a bust? I mean he ran circles around Jeff Heuerman, that was impressive I guess.
Stuck behind Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas...

He's only played 227 snaps in his entire career. 37 as a Rookie, 190 last year. If you want to make judgements based on that small of a sample size, be my guest. He hasn't played enough or been given enough opportunity to be viewed as a bust. Especially when you consider all the positive coachspeak coming out of Denver.

He's going to see significant snaps this year. If he doesn't do anything with them, fine he's a bust. But until he gets a chance to shine, why label him that way? 3-years used to be typical Wide Receiver progression trajectory especially for a guy who was drafted when he was 21 on a team that was trying to "win now".

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck behind Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas...

He's only played 227 snaps in his entire career. 37 as a Rookie, 190 last year. If you want to make judgements based on that small of a sample size, be my guest. He hasn't played enough or been given enough opportunity to be viewed as a bust. Especially when you consider all the positive coachspeak coming out of Denver.

He's going to see significant snaps this year. If he doesn't do anything with them, fine he's a bust. But until he gets a chance to shine, why label him that way? 3-years used to be typical Wide Receiver progression trajectory especially for a guy who was drafted when he was 21 on a team that was trying to "win now".
not really.  He didn't get a lot of snaps because he was passed on the depth chart by Fowler and he couldn't beat out Caldwell.  He wasn't getting snaps because of DT or Sanders.

What makes you think he will see significant snaps this year?  What is different?  Caldwell leaving opens the door, but Norwood and Fowler both impressed more than Latimer did, it's possible one of those guys takes the reigns. 

Even if he does - he will be a WR3 in a run-first offense with either a rookie or Mark Sanchez throwing to him.  Not great fantasy prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:
not really.  He didn't get a lot of snaps because he was passed on the depth chart by Fowler and he couldn't beat out Caldwell.  He wasn't getting snaps because of DT or Sanders.

What makes you think he will see significant snaps this year?  What is different?  Caldwell leaving opens the door, but Norwood and Fowler both impressed more than Latimer did, it's possible one of those guys takes the reigns. 

Even if he does - he will be a WR3 in a run-first offense with either a rookie or Mark Sanchez throwing to him.  Not great fantasy prospects.
He also wasn't not getting snaps because of donkeys like Fowler and Norwood.  He was not getting snaps because of Peyton Manning.  We all know Manning can bury a guy on the bench far more effectively than any coach ever could.  For whatever reason, Manning didn't connect with Latimer.  Maybe is was practice habits.  Maybe it was personal.  Maybe he just didn't jive with his timing.  DT had the same struggles early on with Manning but Manning had no alternative but to work through it with him.  No so much with Latimer, there was still DT, Sanders, and some random TE to fall back on (plus his arm was falling off by the time Latimer arrived) so there was never a compelling reason for him to figure it out.

I do agree with your final sentiment, and it's a huge one.  He's going to be heavily capped by that system/QB more than anything else, and either DT or Sanders (or Latimer I guess) has to leave before he'll be fantasy relevant.

So great to read nice stories in the spring. 

I enjoyed all the ones last spring as well.  You can go one page back and read them. 

Manning is gone, Caldwell is gone, and he's got another year of seasoning under his belt. I'm not holding my breathe for him to becoming a fantasy producer but if Sanders or Thomas goes down I assume he's next man up.

I'm, generally speaking, a fan of his talent and he's essentially a Rookie getting a stab at some playing time. I can't help but be excited if he gets between 300 - 500 snaps this year. Give him a chance to make some plays and earn even more playing time, a new contract, etc. Plus, I got him for marbles, lol. Any sign of life and I can trade him for more than I got him for a year ago

Last year Welker and Julius were gone.  Latimer was supposed to play outside,  and Sanders in the slot.  They couldn't do that,  because Latimer was still useless.  

Let me make it simple for you: He hasn't even been good enough for us to find out if is any good. 

Workout warrior that was overdrafted.  Why keep a guy on a fantasy roster that can't even get playing time,  let alone a pass thrown his way? 

Is it because of upside?  How do we know he has upside? A single workout two years ago?

Last year Welker and Julius were gone.  Latimer was supposed to play outside,  and Sanders in the slot.  They couldn't do that,  because Latimer was still useless.  

Let me make it simple for you: He hasn't even been good enough for us to find out if is any good. 

Workout warrior that was overdrafted.  Why keep a guy on a fantasy roster that can't even get playing time,  let alone a pass thrown his way? 

Is it because of upside?  How do we know he has upside? A single workout two years ago?
He was described as raw coming out of college. His upside to me, is highlighted by the fact he was a 2nd Round pick.

If you were to give up on every Wide Receiver who didn't produce his first two years, I can give you a solid lists of players you would have definitely missed out on.

He was described as raw coming out of college. His upside to me, is highlighted by the fact he was a 2nd Round pick.

If you were to give up on every Wide Receiver who didn't produce his first two years, I can give you a solid lists of players you would have definitely missed out on.
let's see your list.

I'd bet  the list of first and second round WR busts is much larger than the guys who magically turned it around after two+ years of fantasy irrelevance.

Cody Latimer was seen being pepper-sprayed after slapping a bouncer at a strip club in Dayton, Ohio in a video obtained by TMZ.

The incident occurred in February and Latimer has already acknowledged that it was indeed him in the video. Charges were not filed and the police are not investigating the incident. Latimer has had a slew of off-field incidents including an arrest for failing to appear in court following a traffic violation. He also called the cops on his girlfriend for assaulting him last year and later paid her bail. The 24-year-old has been a major bust, hauling in just 16 catches since arriving as a second-round pick in 2014.

Source:  TMZ.com

Jul 16 - 10:01 AM

Troy Renck of Denver 7 expects Cody Latimer to be traded or released.

A second-round pick in 2014, Latimer has just 16 catches for 158 yards through three seasons. He has some theoretical talent, but it tough to imagine the Broncos getting anything in return.

Source: Troy Renck on Twitter 

Aug 31 - 1:07 PM

NJ Advance Media's Matt Lombardo believes the Giants' No. 3 receiver job is Cody Latimer's to lose.

A second-round pick by the Broncos in 2014, Latimer was mostly a special teamer in Denver, but he did set career-highs with 19 catches for 287 yards and two scores last season. He should be even more involved in the Giants' offense this year, but he is unlikely to return fantasy value behind Odell Beckham, Sterling Shepard, and Evan Engram.

Source: NJ Advance Media 

Jul 12 - 10:24 AM

Giants WR Cody Latimer suffered a concussion in Sunday's game against the Bills and will not return.

Latimer was operating as the Giants' fill-in No. 1 receiver. He had been battling a calf injury coming into the game. The G-Men are now down to Bennie Fowler, Russell Shepard, T.J. Jones and Cody Core. Latimer had secured 3-of-5 targets for 30 yards before going down in the third quarter. He is week to week.

Sep 15, 2019, 3:33 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread