What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2024 Golf Thread, pick up the pace, HCP be a changing *** (4 Viewers)

Just booked 20 guy golf trip to Bandon Dunes in September.  Few of us have been but most have not. Playing Bandon Dunes, then Old MacDonald, the Preserve, Pacific Dunes and ending with Sheep Ranch.  Should be a blast!!
Assuming this includes 3-4 nights on site? How much was this, if you don’t mind me asking? I would love to go someday but think my golf friends are too cheap 😐

Assuming this includes 3-4 nights on site? How much was this, if you don’t mind me asking? I would love to go someday but think my golf friends are too cheap 😐
The golf alone for 5 rounds was $1400.  Then caddies and tip on top of it.  We are not staying on property as they didn't have enough rooms left to handle our group.  So we are doing a big house.. Think it's this place

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13707411?adults=16&federated_search_id=27c39207-40a7-4933-94c4-478c927d3bdb&source_impression_id=p3_1611536214_dOTZ2DboBjG%2BUMzS&guests=1

The golf alone for 5 rounds was $1400.  Then caddies and tip on top of it.  We are not staying on property as they didn't have enough rooms left to handle our group.  So we are doing a big house.. Think it's this place

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13707411?adults=16&federated_search_id=27c39207-40a7-4933-94c4-478c927d3bdb&source_impression_id=p3_1611536214_dOTZ2DboBjG%2BUMzS&guests=1
Wow nice. Hard to justify the cost for some, I guess. Looks like such an experience that I don’t mind spending the $.

Golf season never ended for me in the Boston burbs, a course I play open as long as there’s no snow on the ground - I’ve managed nine at leat one a week all but one. Shot my best nine in a long time Fri afternoon, sunny/low 40s - it was glorious to be out there.

Wow nice. Hard to justify the cost for some, I guess. Looks like such an experience that I don’t mind spending the $.

Yes, I am VERY much looking forward to making this trip some day soon. I unfortunately dont have any real serious golfing friends (play fairly regularly with a handful of guys at my club, but wouldn't consider them "friends", at least not the kind I'd take a trip with) so my dad, brother and I are trying to find a way to make it work.

The courses just look like an incredible experience. I do worry that I wouldn't play especially well (I'm like a 12-13 handicap at this point and tend to lose confidence when I'm not familiar with the course I'm playing on,especially off the tee) but I'd have to try to just relax and enjoy the views.

I got Sneds live yesterday right before he tapped in for eagle to go 3 back @ 60-1. He has 2 wins at Torrey already. Today he's 62-1 after parring the first hole.

Have to fix my backswing. Not consistent and at times getting very short leaving me little time to create speed. Contact is iffy too. Gonna need a lot of range work so i can groove it. 

f%^* slow players that play from the wrong tees :rant: stuck behind a 3some yesterday that were playing slow as f%^*, long shot routines, never in the right fairway, and taking forever on the green. Man it's been a long time since I've played behind slow players, there has been plenty of slow play when the course had frost delays but that was everyone held up for a reason. These guys were 3 greens behind the group ahead of them, our 3some decided to play 2 balls each in order to stay in rhythm vice skipping ahead.

f%^* slow players that play from the wrong tees :rant: stuck behind a 3some yesterday that were playing slow as f%^*, long shot routines, never in the right fairway, and taking forever on the green. Man it's been a long time since I've played behind slow players, there has been plenty of slow play when the course had frost delays but that was everyone held up for a reason. These guys were 3 greens behind the group ahead of them, our 3some decided to play 2 balls each in order to stay in rhythm vice skipping ahead.
The fact they didn't let you play through is the real tragedy in all that.  I don't understand is that not ####### taught anymore?  God forbid you let people through

The fact they didn't let you play through is the real tragedy in all that.  I don't understand is that not ####### taught anymore?  God forbid you let people through
Yep, at least at the 14th they seemed to get the hint and started to get off the greens quicker. The whole reason we go out at 725 is to play before the 4.5/5 hour rounds start. 

Yep, at least at the 14th they seemed to get the hint and started to get off the greens quicker. The whole reason we go out at 725 is to play before the 4.5/5 hour rounds start. 
Yep - there should be a test that you have to pass to get a morning tee time on the weekend.  The sad part is you dont even actually have to rush to play fast.  Sure there is going to be a hole where you lose a ball or something but come on.  My buddy I play with is decent but sometimes he'll just pull up to the ball thats away and wait - im like wtf are you doing - hes like waiting for them to hit - im like f that noise lol.    Listen we play away is htting etc but drop one go to the other - just make sure you're out of the way.   Its not that difficult.   STOP WRITING SCORES BY THE GREEN ALSO

People have accused me of being a "golf snob" - and my answer is you dont have to be good, just dont be ####### slow.  I dont care if you shoot 120 as long as your quick about it,  If you are laying 7  and still havent reached the green damn right Im leaving you lol (this doesnt count a couple tin cup situations :)  )

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep - there should be a test that you have to pass to get a morning tee time on the weekend.  The sad part is you dont even actually have to rush to play fast.  Sure there is going to be a hole where you lose a ball or something but come on.  My buddy I play with is decent but sometimes he'll just pull up to the ball thats away and wait - im like wtf are you doing - hes like waiting for them to hit - im like f that noise lol.    Listen we play away is htting etc but drop one go to the other - just make sure you're out of the way.   Its not that difficult.   STOP WRITING SCORES BY THE GREEN ALSO

People have accused me of being a "golf snob" - and my answer is you dont have to be good, just dont be ####### slow.  I dont care if you shoot 120 as long as your quick about it,  If you are laying 7  and still havent reached the green damn right Im leaving you lol (this doesnt count a couple tin cup situations :)  )
We are by no means fast players, hell I shot an 18 over yesterday (I blame the muddy conditions!) but every hole they were in the wrong fairway and often times spending 4-5 minutes searching for a ball. :rant:  Cart path only didn't help the situation but if you have to go to the other fairway then make sure you take everything you need, even if it means your whole bag (I did this twice) so that you're not running back and forth to get a club. We have a rule, pick up at double par, which keeps it going. Now there have been a few par 3's where we play it out since it was a tin cup type deal with 2 in the water off the tee but for the most part it's pick up at that point since usually no one gets triples in our group anyways. 

Oh, and if you are waiting at a tee box to let a group play through and they are just getting on the green behind you then GO AHEAD AND HIT YOUR TEE SHOTS while you wait for them

lol - thats the worst. I'll take 3 or 4 clubs and if I still managed to not have the right one   - f'it I'm hitting one of them lol

Oh, 100%.

I am finally getting to the point where I'm a respectable golfer. But I still have my bad days and bad holes (causing me to play slower). But even on those days....just keep it moving. I take 1 quick practice swing.....MAYBE 2 if the first one felt ugly or its just a really challenging shot.  If there's people behind me and I'm struggling to find a ball....I look for like 2 minutes tops and just drop.

I walk 95% of the time, so cart path only is the devil for me. I ALWAYS get stuck behind 4 guys who lose the ball right every shot off the tee (requiring them to walk the maximum distance possible back and forth to their ball)

Worst case scenario is getting stuck behind 2 couples treating the round like a double date. They always take their sweet time on the tee box, drive up to every ball together as a group (rather than going to their individual shots), the women take a million practice swings and then hit the ball 50 yards. If I get stuck behind that and they dont let me pass at the turn, I usually just call it a day and go do a range session.

Slow play has very little to do with what you do at the ball.  Practice swings, preshot routine, etc even if longer won't impact it that much.  Maybe those who are marking every 1 footer.  But I can just tell the groups who are slow.  Everyone stands by the person who is next up to hit.  They just wait vs going to their freaking ball, assessing their lie, getting their yardage, checking wind, making a club selection, etc.  All of that can be done vs standing watching the other guy hit.  Same with reading greens. Mark your ball, start your read, walk various angles and be ready when it's your time to putt.  I would love for Dr. Rick from the Progressive Commercials to do one just on speed of play for golf.

OH and if its cart path only - and you are not sure if you will find your ball - take extra clubs and an extra freaking BALL!@#!@#!

Im angry right now!@#!@#  

I just know - I can take any of my guys of varying hcps make a foursome and be under 4 hours on almost any course.

If its just me and my buddy we can get done in under 3 hours.   Maybe 2.5 :P

And im talking about actually playing - putting out etc - not like a few kunckleheads I've played with that as soon as they hit it on the green they just pick up (WTF IS THAT)

AND curse you slow ####ers that make me play faster to carry your gosh darn slack.....

It really is my biggest mental hurdle - I have a tendency to play a little to quick (even if there are no slow players in my group) - except when I get to the green,

OH and if its cart path only - and you are not sure if you will find your ball - take extra clubs and an extra freaking BALL!@#!@#!

Im angry right now!@#!@#  

I just know - I can take any of my guys of varying hcps make a foursome and be under 4 hours on almost any course.

If its just me and my buddy we can get done in under 3 hours.   Maybe 2.5 :P

And im talking about actually playing - putting out etc - not like a few kunckleheads I've played with that as soon as they hit it on the green they just pick up (WTF IS THAT)

Right there with ya. Nothing puts me on tilt more than playing behind a slow group and having to wait. I had several rounds this year where I had a great front 9 (somewhere around 38-41 is really good for me) and then just totally collapsed on the back just due to waiting frustration.   Even if I waited until they cleared the green on a par 4 before I teed off, walked super slow and then spent an extra 5 minutes chipping/putting around the green (assuming nobody behind me), I'd walk to the next tee and they'd still be milling around the fairway/rough mulling over their 2nd shots on the next hole. Just makes me want to break something.

edit: and this is after trying the "play right up their ###" strategy on the front 9. Instead of just waiting and letting me play through(if they saw me coming up to the green when they're still putzing around on the next tee)  they'd hustle off the tee box and then go right back to playing slow again.

AND curse you slow ####ers that make me play faster to carry your gosh darn slack.....

It really is my biggest mental hurdle - I have a tendency to play a little to quick (even if there are no slow players in my group) - except when I get to the green,
It is such a mental thing, waiting for every shot just puts way too many thoughts in my head. I start second guessing too many things or drink more alcohol than I should 

It is such a mental thing, waiting for every shot just puts way too many thoughts in my head. I start second guessing too many things or drink more alcohol than I should 
Oh yah, I think everyone loses rhythm when waiting, that's what makes the pros so freaking good.  I just mean I have a tendency to rush even if there's no need.  

I think the reason a lot of guys play slow is that they just want that extra time away from their wife and kids. So many of these married country club guys just want a few extra hours of peace and quiet. I think if their wives ever figured out that you can (and should) play golf in 4 hours, they wouldn't be able to get away with being gone for 6.

As a single guy who doesn't really drink much, I have no desire to "make a day of it" on the the golf course. (at least not the course I play every day. If I'm on a trip or something, I would certainly focus more on soaking it all in) While I certainly enjoy the walk, the laughs, the scenery, etc, my main goals with golf are exercise (which is why I almost always walk and carry) and challenging myself to improve.

I think the reason a lot of guys play slow is that they just want that extra time away from their wife and kids. So many of these married country club guys just want a few extra hours of peace and quiet. I think if their wives ever figured out that you can (and should) play golf in 4 hours, they wouldn't be able to get away with being gone for 6.

As a single guy who doesn't really drink much, I have no desire to "make a day of it" on the the golf course. (at least not the course I play every day. If I'm on a trip or something, I would certainly focus more on soaking it all in) While I certainly enjoy the walk, the laughs, the scenery, etc, my main goals with golf are exercise (which is why I almost always walk and carry) and challenging myself to improve.
Well they have a gosh darn clubhouse, putting green, driving range, bar where you mooks can "settle your bets" for an hour :)

And that is perfectly fine to make a day of it, just don't have a 7:15 am tee time on a sunday.  I think  10am is the cut off on a weekend :P

Oh yah, I think everyone loses rhythm when waiting, that's what makes the pros so freaking good.  I just mean I have a tendency to rush even if there's no need.  
The tour players wait longer than us.  Their tee times are every ten minutes not 6-8 and they still wait because they can hit greens from 240 out.  Par 5s slow down the PGA tour.

Da Guru said:
The tour players wait longer than us.  Their tee times are every ten minutes not 6-8 and they still wait because they can hit greens from 240 out.  Par 5s slow down the PGA tour.
I wish they would just get it over with and let them use lasers.  I mean caddies walk every course m-w. With lasers, writing down all the info. The books they have now are so detailed 

There is no need now on a wayward drive to not let them use it. Instead the caddy finds a spot he has marked, then they walk it off. And to top it all off they already have the exact pin locations.

I mean I appreciate figuring out your distance. Back in the day it made me a better player. The days of pacing steps off from the 150 just aren't needed anymore, imo

I wish they would just get it over with and let them use lasers.  I mean caddies walk every course m-w. With lasers, writing down all the info. The books they have now are so detailed 

There is no need now on a wayward drive to not let them use it. Instead the caddy finds a spot he has marked, then they walk it off. And to top it all off they already have the exact pin locations.

I mean I appreciate figuring out your distance. Back in the day it made me a better player. The days of pacing steps off from the 150 just aren't needed anymore, imo
Totally agree.  Caddies does the exact same thing before the rounds.  Just shoot it and be done.  As far as slow play goes as long as I am not waiting every single shot it does not bother me so much.  If I have to wait a minute of two here and there it is OK.

What bothers me is a few guys I play with are 240 out on a par 5 and wont hit.  I have never seen them hit a 3 wood 240.  Hell never seen them hit it 220

They say "If i catch it it could hit the green"  If it does hit the green by a miracle it will be rolling for 20 yards.   Then after waiting they hit a worm burner 150 on the ground.

Totally agree.  Caddies does the exact same thing before the rounds.  Just shoot it and be done.  As far as slow play goes as long as I am not waiting every single shot it does not bother me so much.  If I have to wait a minute of two here and there it is OK.

What bothers me is a few guys I play with are 240 out on a par 5 and wont hit.  I have never seen them hit a 3 wood 240.  Hell never seen them hit it 220

They say "If i catch it it could hit the green"  If it does hit the green by a miracle it will be rolling for 20 yards.   Then after waiting they hit a worm burner 150 on the ground.
There is definitely a difference between waiting here and there and slow play.  Yeah I expect to wait here and there.  And I have a couple people I play with like that. I'm like bro you can't hit your driver 240 yards.

Somewhat reverse look at me story. Course we were playing is absolutely stacked on top of one another. 9th hole. I hit a good but not great drive. Par 5 I'm about 240.  As we are waiting for the guys to get off the green, I hear one of the #### heads behind me "what the hell is he waiting for" ( these guys were trying to push us when you could see we weren't going anywhere. And I nutted this ####er. Ended pin high 25 feet.  I just turned around, tipped my hat, and pulled my putter out of the bag. :lol:

A couple holes later we are on the tee of a par 3, guys are on the green, you can see the other hole  guys on the tee and middle of fairway. The pull around the corner and I hear the same dude loudly complaining. Then he sees all the groups and I hear oh they are way backed.   After a couple minutes, with that dude still complaining, I just turned around and said you guys trying to play through? One dude laughed, loud complainer mumbled something and they just turned around and quit for the day 

Todd from Utah said:

I’m one of the guys you just described - member whose only “free time” during the week is my weekend round- and I don’t think that’s it. Slow play isn’t conducive to low scoring and like bell said if I think I can get away with it then a round on the patio afterwards is the jam. 

I really think smails nailed it above. Slow play seems to me to be most generated from players who aren’t intentionally being slow or even are all that slow at the ball but who don’t understand what they should be doing between shots and how they should be utilizing that time to prepare for their next shots. They also don’t seem to understand that there’s some strategy to driving the cart and helping others that can speed the round up. Instead, they see watch Bryson on the tv and think that’s how the game is played. 

Best thing I ever did was play an 8 ball at a club with all members. About half the group walked. About every shot had a monetary implication. Yet we played in 3.5 hours and I was given no option but to speed up. I watched others and realized quickly that at all points everybody was doing something at all times. 

In short:

1. Analyze your shot before it’s your turn. 
2. Take multiple clubs with you whenever you’re dropped off at your ball. 
3. Go with your first read on your putts. 
4. Unless it’s a tournament have a set and understood gimmie range (e.g. inside putter grip). 
5. if you’re the score keeper and you’re up early on the tee box write the scores down after your tee ball while others tee off. 
6. Pick up the damn ball if you’ve exceeded your max net score for the hole. 

There is definitely a difference between waiting here and there and slow play.  Yeah I expect to wait here and there.  And I have a couple people I play with like that. I'm like bro you hit your driver 240 yards.

Somewhat reverse look at me story. Course we were playing is absolutely stacked on top of one another. 9th hole. I hit a good but not great drive. Par 5 I'm about 240.  As we are waiting for the guys to get off the green, I hear one of the #### heads behind me "what the hell is he waiting for" ( these guys were trying to push us when you could see we weren't going anywhere. And I nutted this ####er. Ended pin high 25 feet.  I just turned around, tipped my hat, and pulled my putter out of the bag. :lol:

A couple holes later we are on the tee of a par 3, guys are on the green, you can see the other hole  guys on the tee and middle of fairway. The pull around the corner and I hear the same dude loudly complaining. Then he sees all the groups and I hear oh they are way backed.   After a couple minutes, with that dude still complaining, I just turned around and said you guys trying to play through? One dude laughed, loud complainer mumbled something and they just turned around and quit for the day 
Hahaha I did something yesterday.  We always play 725 at the same course on Sundays and usually the same group ahead and behind, except of course yesterday because my dumb ### didn’t book anytime . Both groups on either side were randoms since we went off at 745 but we the 3rd green, 4th tee and 6th green all meet. The group behind literally hits the green as we are walking off (par 3) and I yell what the ####, since the tee hasn’t even cleared ahead of us with the slow ####heads and the guys who we are usually behind yell at me “how does it feel” :lmao:  we never push up on them so I drop my ball and hit at the guy who said it!!! I don’t know them other than that we play behind them almost every Sunday and both our groups bust out laughing, he threw my ball back even though my other 2 idiots said to launch it into the water. Gonna bring some extra beers to this Sunday for that group then purposely hit into them

I’m one of the guys you just described - member whose only “free time” during the week is my weekend round- and I don’t think that’s it. Slow play isn’t conducive to low scoring and like bell said if I think I can get away with it then a round on the patio afterwards is the jam. 

I really think smails nailed it above. Slow play seems to me to be most generated from players who aren’t intentionally being slow or even are all that slow at the ball but who don’t understand what they should be doing between shots and how they should be utilizing that time to prepare for their next shots. They also don’t seem to understand that there’s some strategy to driving the cart and helping others that can speed the round up. Instead, they see watch Bryson on the tv and think that’s how the game is played. 

Best thing I ever did was play an 8 ball at a club with all members. About half the group walked. About every shot had a monetary implication. Yet we played in 3.5 hours and I was given no option but to speed up. I watched others and realized quickly that at all points everybody was doing something at all times. 

In short:

1. Analyze your shot before it’s your turn. 
2. Take multiple clubs with you whenever you’re dropped off at your ball. 
3. Go with your first read on your putts. 
4. Unless it’s a tournament have a set and understood gimmie range (e.g. inside putter grip). 
5. if you’re the score keeper and you’re up early on the tee box write the scores down after your tee ball while others tee off. 
6. Pick up the damn ball if you’ve exceeded your max net score for the hole. 
The main problem I have found with the slowest guys I play with.  Is they don`t even start their routine until it is time to hit.   When I get to my ball I find the yardage and club I need right away so when it is my turn  I am ready.  They wait until it is their turn then start.

One thing I repeatedly tell my kids is that it's OK to suck at golf, just do it quickly.  Go to your ball and be ready to play when it's your turn.  Don't stand over it too long.  Leave your clubs on the exit side of the green.  If you have no chance of breaking 90, give it a quick look, then drop one and play on.  Pick it up if you're double par and be the first one to the next tee.    

We occasionally play with a guy (Handicap of about 15) who wears long pants so he doesn't get burrs when he searches for his ball in the gunch.  Every time he looks for his ball, he slowly walks around murmuring about being so unlucky and that he can't believe he can't find it.  I'll help him look, but after about three minutes of this, I will say "That's it. Just drop one and take your medicine" and walk off, which makes him more determined to find his ball.  There have been times where we have putted out and he is still looking for his ball.  We try to avoid playing with him - it's rude, infuriating, and, when other groups are waiting, embarrassing.     

I knocked my golf bag over in my garage yesterday while grabbing my umpire bag to take inside to start getting it ready for the season. 

Think I might go test drive a tsi3 next week.

My driver is still one of the best ever made.... ;)

But it's been 7 whole years lol

Hahaha I did something yesterday.  We always play 725 at the same course on Sundays and usually the same group ahead and behind, except of course yesterday because my dumb ### didn’t book anytime . Both groups on either side were randoms since we went off at 745 but we the 3rd green, 4th tee and 6th green all meet. The group behind literally hits the green as we are walking off (par 3) and I yell what the ####, since the tee hasn’t even cleared ahead of us with the slow ####heads and the guys who we are usually behind yell at me “how does it feel” :lmao:  we never push up on them so I drop my ball and hit at the guy who said it!!! I don’t know them other than that we play behind them almost every Sunday and both our groups bust out laughing, he threw my ball back even though my other 2 idiots said to launch it into the water. Gonna bring some extra beers to this Sunday for that group then purposely hit into them
theme/background support music for you

Think I might go test drive a tsi3 next week.

My driver is still one of the best ever made.... ;)

But it's been 7 whole years lol
I was nearly fitted into the TSi2 but the TM SIM beat it out for me due to the lower spin rate it was producing. 

If you're going to try the TSi3 I think you gotta also test out to SIM2 with, obviously, the same or comparable shaft and loft.

Forgot to post this but a couple of weeks ago I did something I had never done before: birdied 4 holes in a role. Disppointment thing is he fifth consecutive hole, which is the easiest hole on the course (18 handicap), is a shortish par 5 that really just requires a decent tee shot. Had 180 in on my second shot and tugged it greenside left into a grass collection area  then subsequently flubbed the chip. :bag:    

Also, for those of you in states where marijuana is now legal, I highly recommend getting some microdose edibles for playing to calm the nerves. I have a 1.25mg THC/1.25mb CBC microdose edible where I'll have two before tee off and one at the turn and there's little to no high but instead just a general relaxation/euphoric feeling that I used need to to create with whisky. 

What do you do when you are cooped up and have some fantasy winnings . You become a full tileist sponsor.

Already had the bag, wedges, and ended up getting the irons at Christmas.

Picked up the driver and 3 wood.

And decided to buy 2 hybrids :lmao:

My callaway sponsorship was great for the last 7 years 

Now need to go to range to tweak

And I just found out there's an indoor center a mile from my house that I just rented an hour same time woohoo.

I told my wife and she's like $60 as it sounds expensive :lmao:

It only has two bays but I think they do lessons and stuff but you can rent the sim

A while back, Golf Galaxy guy helped me for about an hour with swinging the Callaway Apex irons. I liked them. Then I stopped by again earlier this week and we were chatting about it and he said to try the TaylorMade P770s.

I know, you gotta try them to choose, but any opinions on one versus the other? Is there really going to be a difference to me between this year's model and last year's? There are some nice prices on both at 2nd Swing for used sets.

A while back, Golf Galaxy guy helped me for about an hour with swinging the Callaway Apex irons. I liked them. Then I stopped by again earlier this week and we were chatting about it and he said to try the TaylorMade P770s.

I know, you gotta try them to choose, but any opinions on one versus the other? Is there really going to be a difference to me between this year's model and last year's? There are some nice prices on both at 2nd Swing for used sets.
I love apexes.  The only reason that I didn't get another set was I hit the titleist a touch better.

What is your hcp? I assume you are looking for forged clubs.

This year vs last no - yes there may be differences - no you shouldn't only buy this years.  This is the first time I bought "current" model clubs. I would ways wait for new model releases and try to buy previous years, like a car.   I would always get good discounts. Sadly now they don't run a lot of deals or overstocks lime they used too.  I did just buy 2 hybrids that were 100 off each because the new ones are released this week. However, selection was limited

I love apexes.  The only reason that I didn't get another set was I hit the titleist a touch better.

What is your hcp? I assume you are looking for forged clubs.

This year vs last no - yes there may be differences - no you shouldn't only buy this years.  This is the first time I bought "current" model clubs. I would ways wait for new model releases and try to buy previous years, like a car.   I would always get good discounts. Sadly now they don't run a lot of deals or overstocks lime they used too.  I did just buy 2 hybrids that were 100 off each because the new ones are released this week. However, selection was limited
I have no idea. I don't play enough to ever really care to track it. Score is pretty consistently in the mid to upper 80's on the not so difficult courses, 90's otherwise. 

Sounds to me like I'll be on the hunt for a good deal on a year or so old sets. 2nd Swing supposedly does a good job of fitting the clubs too - so I'll likely head there. Thanks!

I have no idea. I don't play enough to ever really care to track it. Score is pretty consistently in the mid to upper 80's on the not so difficult courses, 90's otherwise. 

Sounds to me like I'll be on the hunt for a good deal on a year or so old sets. 2nd Swing supposedly does a good job of fitting the clubs too - so I'll likely head there. Thanks!
think you would enjoy some kind of perimeter weighted club - forged are pretty demanding clubs - and are going to hurt your score

Hmmm well apex and 770s I'm pretty sure are forged irons.  Now back in the day forged were vastly different than cast.  Now forged irons can and will have some different cavities and such. However, a forged still feels softer on impact,  so you are probably in the 15-20 range hcp wise.

Users who are viewing this thread