What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the next Kentucky basketball coach? (1 Viewer)

Blue Chips

@UKBlueChips
·
20m
Kentucky’s initial offer to Dan Hurley is $11M/Year over 5-7 Years 🤯 (per @JDrumUK)

As @RowlandRIVALS points out, that is more than Kirby Smart currently makes at Georgia 😳

Thanks. For tweets, can you please share the link to the actual tweet?

Drew is able to lead with the culture of JOY at Baylor, Jesus, Others, You. I don’t know if he could lead that way at Kentucky. It is not a knock against Kentucky when I say that, I honestly don’t know how the culture would work at a state institution.

In addition to leading that way, he has a brand new arena, but fantastic and competitive NIL support, and his family loves Baylor and Waco.

Drew is able to lead with the culture of JOY at Baylor, Jesus, Others, You. I don’t know if he could lead that way at Kentucky. It is not a knock against Kentucky when I say that, I honestly don’t know how the culture would work at a state institution.

In addition to leading that way, he has a brand new arena, but fantastic and competitive NIL support, and his family loves Baylor and Waco.

Huh. Just read his statement. I didn't realize he was that ... religious. Interesting.

Seems like it would hurt recruiting.

Blue Chips

@UKBlueChips
·
20m
Kentucky’s initial offer to Dan Hurley is $11M/Year over 5-7 Years 🤯 (per @JDrumUK)

As @RowlandRIVALS points out, that is more than Kirby Smart currently makes at Georgia 😳

Thanks. For tweets, can you please share the link to the actual tweet?

I could but since the information is the critical aspect of the post - it would be better if the tweets actually embedded to save people the trouble of having to click just to see what I already posted...

What Kentucky SHOULD do is reboot and get a young guy to build something new. They won't do that, though.

Why? They've been getting really good players for years.

Maybe I'm projecting but surely you can see how that could turn some people off. He's basically limiting himself to very religious players.
But is that what has happened? If it has, it doesn’t seem to have hurt him. Louisville and Kentucky went after him and he has had great success for 20 plus years at Baylor.

Why? They've been getting really good players for years.

Maybe I'm projecting but surely you can see how that could turn some people off. He's basically limiting himself to very religious players.
But is that what has happened? If it has, it doesn’t seem to have hurt him. Louisville and Kentucky went after him and he has had great success for 20 plus years at Baylor.

Just think how good they'd've been if he was cool with the heathens.

Cats fans are going to rebel like Vol fans did for Schiano.
I don't think Kentucky has much choice here.

It's a top job, but it's also a difficult job. And, they have already been spurned by their top choices - despite obscene money being thrown at the problem.

Pope, at least, has some familiarity with the program, which will get him a couple of years.

But, anyone who took the job was facing an uphill battle.

This will be interesting. Not sure he’ll be welcomed with enthusiasm but Pope could do very well at Kentucky.
Well, a good chunk of the fans who were tired of the 1 and done freshman parade every year are also going to be super upset they don’t go 34-2 next year.

Hopefully the honeymoon period is long enough for Pope to have a chance to build something.

It seems like the consensus is that BBN is cautiously optimistic about Coach Pope, and will give him a chance.

And, they all want Barnhart out.

It seems like the consensus is that BBN is cautiously optimistic about Coach Pope, and will give him a chance.

And, they all want Barnhart out.
What’s wrong with Barnhart? I’ve been a UK fan since the 60s who wants to know.

I suspect some of it goes back to the Gillispie hire, but mostly it seems that people are frustrated and want to vent at someone - and with Barnhart not convincing any of the early "big" names - he is the guy on the firing line.

I think the Pope hire could be a good one, but it won't be overnight success. I think one of the things Calipari lost sight of, over the years - it's important to the fan base to win things. BBN travels well, and nobody wants to go to the SEC tourney, or NCAA, just to get knocked out early.

(Barnhart also was sued today, along with UK, relating to allegations of sexual abuse by a former UK Swim coach)

BBN showing up at Rupp today to welcome Pope home.

He'll have to deliver - but I think he will get a bit of a grace period, and the fans seem to have taken to him as much has he as taken to BBN.

Users who are viewing this thread