What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSOP - just won a seat (3 Viewers)

I did not pay close enough attention to the schedule this year for the Main Event.  Am I reading it correctly that the November Nine idea is not being used this year?

Here's a question - about half my table had sunglasses on.  What are your thoughts on sunglasses?  I picked some up yesterday but not related to wanting to wear them tomorrow.  But if they consensus here is that I should, I will.
Just do as Laak does and play with a Ski Mask

Just do as Laak does and play with a Ski Mask
My friends did tell me I should do anything I can to cover my face.  Not because I have tells, just because im ugly and will have a better chance of getting on TV if people dont have to actually look at me.   I have great friends

Here is my table for tomorrow: 

Here are the stacks

Seat 1 - 54,300 (me)

Seat 2 - 173,900

Seat 3 - 71,300

Seat 4 - 80,600

Seat 5 - 110, 600

Seat 6 - 69,900

Seat 7 - 117,800

Seat 8 - 22,100

Seat 9 - 75,800

Will start with Ante at 100 and blinds at 300-600 for the first two hours.

Any advice given this info?

Here are the stacks

Seat 1 - 54,300 (me)

Seat 2 - 173,900

Seat 3 - 71,300

Seat 4 - 80,600

Seat 5 - 110, 600

Seat 6 - 69,900

Seat 7 - 117,800

Seat 8 - 22,100

Seat 9 - 75,800

Get it in with the best of it :excited:

Seriously, I have no advice, just wishing good luck!!

IIRC, @Getzlaf15 @FatUncleJerryBuss are WSOP vets - hopefully they have some solid advice here.

Here are the stacks

Seat 1 - 54,300 (me)

Seat 2 - 173,900

Seat 3 - 71,300

Seat 4 - 80,600

Seat 5 - 110, 600

Seat 6 - 69,900

Seat 7 - 117,800

Seat 8 - 22,100

Seat 9 - 75,800

I like it. Except for the 3 sitting with 6 figures, you're a threat to every other chip stack. Try to loosen up really early on if you can to pick up some chips. If it doesn't work, tighten and wait for your spot.

Here are the stacks

Seat 1 - 54,300 (me)

Seat 2 - 173,900

Seat 3 - 71,300

Seat 4 - 80,600

Seat 5 - 110, 600

Seat 6 - 69,900

Seat 7 - 117,800

Seat 8 - 22,100

Seat 9 - 75,800

I can do the long math and find out what table or you can tell me.  I know many players but this is the ME.  Lots of unknowns.  

But you know their names.  Go to hendonmob.com and search them.

I can do the long math and find out what table or you can tell me.  I know many players but this is the ME.  Lots of unknowns.  

But you know their names.  Go to hendonmob.com and search them.
Just looked.  3 of them are on the site, one with over $300k in winnings if im looking right.  Brasilia table 719

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. Except for the 3 sitting with 6 figures, you're a threat to every other chip stack. Try to loosen up really early on if you can to pick up some chips. If it doesn't work, tighten and wait for your spot.
I also like that the short stack is two to your right. He's going to push at some point into your blind. If you wake up with any hand, it's worth a call to try and bump your stack.

Here are the stacks

Seat 1 - 54,300 (me)

Seat 2 - 173,900

Seat 3 - 71,300

Seat 4 - 80,600

Seat 5 - 110, 600

Seat 6 - 69,900

Seat 7 - 117,800

Seat 8 - 22,100

Seat 9 - 75,800

I'd try to avoid playing pots with Justin in seat four. He's a solid player, though, he mostly grinds limit games. He does have a bracelet in limit holdem back when they had that as a shootout. Nice dude fwiw. Gl!

I may have missed it somewhere in this thread but do we know our heros name and is there a site where we can track him and the hands played?

Would love to follow this today.

When our hero gets the inevitable player profile on ESPN a shout out to his FBG brethren is a must, yes?

We practically played his hands for him.  And we made sure he knows how to exploit 2 sooted cards next time.

pantherclub said:
I may have missed it somewhere in this thread but do we know our heros name and is there a site where we can track him and the hands played?

Ditto.

Cyber railing.

pantherclub said:

Im in room Brasilia at table 719 with 54,300 chips to start.  Im a little hesitant to post my name, but its rather simple to find if you go to wsop website and look at the "reports" tab for the main event.  You can find me by chip count or table.  I played on day 1A

Im in room Brasilia at table 719 with 54,300 chips to start.  Im a little hesitant to post my name, but its rather simple to find if you go to wsop website and look at the "reports" tab for the main event.  You can find me by chip count or table.  I played on day 1A
Got it...will be keeping tabs.  GL

You  mean you're not Mike Ditka?

Best place to look up table info and follow along live?
I don't think they update live with this many tables left.  I am in the Brasilia room for today which is the same room as the featured table and seemed to get a few more chip count updates than the other room. 

I'll try to update some hands on here while at the table if I get a chance/get bored to keep me from playing hands I normally wouldn't.  That's been the hardest part for me.  I can't sit still for a whole day, I need distractions. 

I don't think they update live with this many tables left.  I am in the Brasilia room for today which is the same room as the featured table and seemed to get a few more chip count updates than the other room. 

I'll try to update some hands on here while at the table if I get a chance/get bored to keep me from playing hands I normally wouldn't.  That's been the hardest part for me.  I can't sit still for a whole day, I need distractions. 
you  can download the MyStack app and you can update your own totals on the wsop.com page.  Only the pros get them updated by the runners during play. 

This is serious money so you need to find something to keep you from being bored.  If posting here will help, then by all means do so.

Again, remember a few things as a last reminder:

1)  Do whatever you can to never call off all your chips.  If you think that situation is approaching, be the first one to act.

2)  Don't play marginal hands in bad position.  You can't afford to bleed off chips unnecessarily.  If you find a spot, then at least raise if you're going to do something like that

3)  Unless you're not getting action, play your big hands fast and hard

4)  Position, position, position.  Find optimal times to raise and pick up chips to help stave off blinds/antes and keep you around until the double up you're looking for.

5)  If/when you get that double, settle down and repeat

6)  Have fun....you've already done incredibly well making it to day 2. 

This is serious money so you need to find something to keep you from being bored.  If posting here will help, then by all means do so.

Again, remember a few things as a last reminder:

1)  Do whatever you can to never call off all your chips.  If you think that situation is approaching, be the first one to act.

2)  Don't play marginal hands in bad position.  You can't afford to bleed off chips unnecessarily.  If you find a spot, then at least raise if you're going to do something like that

3)  Unless you're not getting action, play your big hands fast and hard

4)  Position, position, position.  Find optimal times to raise and pick up chips to help stave off blinds/antes and keep you around until the double up you're looking for.

5)  If/when you get that double, settle down and repeat

6)  Have fun....you've already done incredibly well making it to day 2. 
@Otis

Users who are viewing this thread