What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSOP - just won a seat (2 Viewers)

Agree with the bolded.

I really can't stand the players that run to the rail after they knock someone out, or win a big hand. Act like you've been there before. Plus yelling from the table to his posse, "Should I go night night here?" 
This happens every year.  I do agree, it looks immature, but you do have to remember that millions of dollars are at stake, and emotions do run high.

That said, Hesp (who was the only one really cool to watch) make a colossal blunder when he shoved over the top with his top two pair against Blumstein's top set.  Hesp is never getting called unless he was beat.  Pretty much gifted about 50 million chips to Blumstein.

I really can't stand the players that run to the rail after they knock someone out, or win a big hand. Act like you've been there before.
to be fair, most of these guys have not been there before, certainly no where near this level and money where a decision could be worth millions.

Galileo said:
I finally went to bed at 3:10 AM EST and it was still going, but Ott was dangerously low at that point, so it probably did not go too much longer.
I taped all of the ESPN showings of WSOP and ended up watching about ~40 hours over the last week and a half.  I'm lucky in that my wife will watch it with me and even though she doesn't play, she has gotten pretty good at following the hands and strategy.   I liked the JULY final table idea......But once they got to the final table, it lost a lot of momentum (unless Hesp was involved).  Also, I don't like the fact that the final table started airing at 9pm EST and usually went very very late into the night on Thurs and Friday.  I could see where ESPN might lose a lot of east coast viewers by employing that strategy.........I had to remember to tape the next ESPN programs so that I didn't miss anything.

I would like to see the WSOP increase the blinds a little faster than 2 hours......especially since one of announcers said that the players at the final table usually slow down once they see the hefty payouts.  I just think TV viewers would be more inclined to stick around........rather than running deep into the night when nobody is watching.

And after watching nearly 40 or 50 hours.....it must have rubbed off as I played in my monthly poker group over the wkend and took both NLHE tournaments. 

That argentine Salas really slowed things down. I was very glad he got sucked out on just because it sped up the game. 
Yes.....but to be perfectly honest, he didn't even sniff a hand the entire time.....always had rags.  It's one thing to get good hands and give up chips to a stronger hand or player....but I felt kinda bad for him as you get to the final table and then his cards totally went ice cold.  Must be frustrating....but i agree that he took up too much time on avg.

Ott:  I thought he played pretty good from 9 down to 3.....but once he was head's up, he totally lost his mojo and allowed Blumstein to bully him too many times.  EAsy to say that sitting at home watching.....but I know i'd certainly appreciate the criticism after enjoying a $4m 2nd place payout.

They've certainly changed things up on the WSOP schedule for this year. In the past, the $10K Main Event was one of the last events of the Series - maybe not always the absolute last but pretty close. This year it's Event #65 out of 78.

We're usually out there over July 4th weekend. Assuming I don't play the Main Event (possible but unlikely), looks like I'm left with either the $888 on 6/30 or 7/1 or whatever the $1000 Super Turbo Bounty is. Sounds like a fast structure just based on the name and not sure I want that for $1000. I really liked the $1500NL last year but there isn't one until 7/5.

Users who are viewing this thread