What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jamison Crowder, NYG (2 Viewers)

Jamison Crowder has been sidelined for the last three practices with a hamstring injury.

There's been no indication Crowder's injury is serious, but once players miss three days in a row, we write about it. He's likely dealing with a mild strain. Injuries haven't been a problem for Crowder through two NFL seasons; he's appeared in all 32 games sine being drafted. Crowder is a real threat for 100 grabs this year.

Source: CSN Mid-Atlantic 

Aug 2 - 10:17 AM

So, he was definitely limited in week 1. What's the consensus speculation? Nagging injury and didn't want to rush him back to 100%? Or the game flow dictated plans that didn't include him?

So, he was definitely limited in week 1. What's the consensus speculation? Nagging injury and didn't want to rush him back to 100%? Or the game flow dictated plans that didn't include him?
How limited could he have been if he was fielding punts? He did mishandle one that lead to a turnover but I don't know if you can attribute that to injury. When I watched the game he didn't appear to be limited to me at least. 

Cousins was bad and missed him on a couple of throws but Crowder didn't look too explosive.  I think he's still not healthy.

What are people doing with him ? I noticed he was actually dropped last week and sitting on my wire. Thinking I might grab after waivers run tomorrow, the arrow seemed pointed up after last season, what's gone wrong so far his year ? 

yeah, so not sure exactly what happened this year but can't really find any reasons to hold onto him at this point.

14 catches 106yds 19 targets 0 TDS and 2 fumbles through 4 games. I was in on him this year feeling it’s time to get our. 

Flushing this turd before next week. Too many mouths to feed including Thompson who is definitely eating into Crowder's targets.

Acquired him before the games today in a rebuild, hoping he bounces back some and finishes the year off nice. Could be a nice tandem with doctson in the future 

Another stinker. I really liked this guy last year and own him on a couple of leagues. He just isn't gaining any traction. I don't see the games or get any Redskins news but he seems to have inexplicably disappeared in 2017.

Got dropped in my league this week. What's happened to him in this skins offense? 
Chris Thompson and Ryan Grant being more involved mostly I think.

Crowder is playing over 70% of the snaps the last 3 games and more than either of these two players have, but his targets are equal to Grants over that time frame and both are slightly lower than Thompsons. 

The ball is being spread out more than it was last year.

Looking at the game logs for Crowder you see he had 6 games with 8 targets or more while this year his highest targeted game has been 7 in week one.

Grant barely played much last season.

Thompson is averaging 6 targets per game over the 5 games played so far, last season he averaged 4.25 targets per game.

Last edited by a moderator:
drafted this guy and dropped him after week 3. simply not the quality targets we saw last year, usage stats are not what they seem. don't think he'll sniff WR4 type numbers in non-PPR without significant changes in his situation, not sure how much better his stats are in PPR.

NBC Washington's Rich Tandler reports Jamison Crowder and Alex Smith displayed a very good rapport during Redskins OTAs.

Tandler adds that "Smith was very comfortable firing the ball in to Crowder during goal line work." Crowder was a hype sensation at this time last summer, but things got off to a real rocky start as he failed to top 50 yards in five of the first six games and also missed time with injury. Crowder went for 70-plus yards, including 123- and 141-yard efforts, Weeks 8-12 while nabbing all three of his touchdowns the final six weeks. Crowder's short-to-intermediate route tree meshes well with Smith's pass-game tendencies. We were maybe a year early on Crowder.

Source: Rich Tandler on Twitter 

These two stories popped up yesterday:

(FFToday) #Redskins WR Josh Doctson is being evaluated for a shoulder injury. An update on his status will be shared tomorrow. Analysis: Doctson landed on his shoulder with Josh Norman landing on top of him in the process. We don't know the extent of the injury at this point but expect an update from the Redskins on Thursday. Doctson missed 14 games in his rookie season and is expected to start for the Redskins this season along side Jamison Crowder.

(RotoWire) Crowder and Alex Smith have shown a strong connection through five days of training camp, Jake Kring-Schreifels of Redskins.com reports.

Analysis: Smith was quick to praise Crowder after June minicamp, noting that the slot receiver makes things easy on his quarterback. The chemistry only seems to keep growing, with Crowder gobbling up a plethora of short and intermediate passes while TE Jordan Reed (toe) and RB Chris Thompson (leg) work their way back for major injuries. Heading into the final season of his rookie contract, Crowder is well positioned to lead the Redskins in targets and also a good bet to improve on his career mark of 4.1 catches per game. In addition to manning the slot in three-wide formations, he should get some playing time outside in two-receiver sets.

Crowder has not been a player on my radar prior to this offseason, but the more I read the more I like.  Alex Smith loves the slot.  Crowder has a legit shot to lead the team in targets even if everyone is healthy, but throw in that Reed has been limited (and is the definition of injury risk) and now both Thompson and Doctson are hurt I would say he is the clear frontrunner.  

Now add in that with OTA, minicamp and almost the first week of camp in the books, he has been the only receiver in the news building chemistry with Alex Smith and we should see his ADP climb to about the late fifth/early 6th soon in redraft (Currently mid-seventh).  This guy is a serious threat to catch over 90 balls. 

Further, since much of 2017 was basically lost to injury, 2018 looks to be his 3rd year break out, so his dynasty value may be climbing as well.

Not sure how much longer I can wait on this dude. I cut DJAX this morning for an extra RB because I was confident this would be a breakout game. I mean, it's pretty obvious that Alex Smith that's the problem here but I need to see something in the next 2 weeks else I'll just take a flyer on a lotto ticket or something.

Yeah, I'm not going to wait around any longer.  I thought this was the slot guy that would be peppered with targets from Smith.  Turns out checkdown Smith only has eyes for Chris Thompson.  This situation doesn't look like it's going to improve anytime soon. 

Jamison Crowder needs another MRI on his long-troublesome ankle.

He's been out for well over a month. "He's not quite 100 percent coming in and out of his cuts," coach Jay Gruden said. "I don't think he's totally comfortable with it. Hopefully by Thursday he has a chance." Filling in for Crowder in Sunday's win over the Bucs, Maurice Harris gained 52 yards on five catches.

Source: John Keim on Twitter 

Nov 12 - 4:32 PM

Bumping for homer info.  Just watched a few short Twitter vids of today’s practice.  Looks ok to me.

Think he returns for Monday night?  I’d like to snipe him off the wire before the owner who dropped him (and tried to trade him to me at the beginning of the season) catches wind of it.

I think he's worth picking up and it sounds like he will play Monday night. But like Thompson, I wouldn't start him this weekend

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Same as my response in the Thompson thread, thinking of a speculative add with an out for early wire jump if necessary.

Jets agreed to terms with WR Jamison Crowder, formerly of the Redskins, on a three-year, $28.5 million contract with $17 million guaranteed.

Crowder, 26 in June, is coming off an injury-riddled 388-yard season in D.C. but has been a high-efficiency target throughout his career with a 67.1% catch rate. Jermaine Kearse -- the Jets' primary slot receiver in 2018 -- pathetically hauled in just 48.7% of his targets. Crowder will team with Robby Anderson and Quincy Enunwa in three-receiver sets, with Chris Herndon at tight end.

RELATED: 

Washington Redskins

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 11, 2019, 2:18 PM

Users who are viewing this thread