What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (2 Viewers)

Tiger was on the grounds today, would’ve been cool of him to be out with the drive chip and putt kids this morning like Bubba did before

16 year old won the ANGC Women’s Am (whatever it’s called)

until this week I didn’t realize they play the tournament up the road a half hour away until they come to Augusta for the final round 

hope Tiger plays, don’t care how he plays

at this point its like Arnie or Jack after they stopped winning - just great having him around

golf is weird that way

LOL @ "game time decision".  Guys, he's playing.  He's just making the announcement in typical Tiger fashion; in the most dramatic, attention-getting way possible.  AFTER March Madness, it will be ALL about him.

Sorry, but it's not a miracle for him to play golf again, even though you'll hear that 1,000 times this week.

These golf threads of Tiger love are like watching The View.  Bizarre, how far the fawning goes, from old men no less.

Definitely looking good:

Billy Horschel watched Tiger hit balls Sunday, and estimates Tiger carried his driver 290.

"He looked like the Tiger we saw before the accident, the way the swing looked and the speed.

"For him to hopefully be playing – which I think he is – I think we’re all giddy about it."

LOL @ "game time decision".  Guys, he's playing.  He's just making the announcement in typical Tiger fashion; in the most dramatic, attention-getting way possible.  AFTER March Madness, it will be ALL about him.

Sorry, but it's not a miracle for him to play golf again, even though you'll hear that 1,000 times this week.

These golf threads of Tiger love are like watching The View.  Bizarre, how far the fawning goes, from old men no less.

Did he have sex with your wife or something?

16 year old won the ANGC Women’s Am (whatever it’s called)

until this week I didn’t realize they play the tournament up the road a half hour away until they come to Augusta for the final round 

hope Tiger plays, don’t care how he plays

at this point its like Arnie or Jack after they stopped winning - just great having him around

golf is weird that way
They all play a Friday round at Augusta

I think the first year they didnt and it left a bad taste ---- I could be wrong

Dunno about previous years

This year Wed/Thu (R1/R2) were at Champions Retreat Golf Club

Weirdly, Friday was a practice round day at ANGC, then the final round

https://www.anwagolf.com/en_US/schedule.html
Correct. The tournament started in 2019.

I think that year only the final 30 made it to Augusta. .  They changed that to have a Friday round for everyone on Friday. The "practice" round is for everyone. Not just top 30....    

Format

An international field of 72 women amateurs will compete over 54 holes of stroke play. A cut will take place after 36 holes, advancing the leading 30 players to the final round at Augusta National Golf Club. In the event of a tie after 54 holes, the winner will be decided by sudden-death playoff.

Schedule

The first 36 holes will be contested over two days on the Island and Bluff nines at Champions Retreat Golf Club in Augusta, Ga., March 30 and 31, 2022. The entire field will then play Augusta National for an official practice round Friday, April 1. The final round will take place at Augusta National on Saturday, April 2 and will feature the top 30 competitors who made the cut.

EDIT:  I was wrong - its been the same format since it started. FOund an old article

Last edited by a moderator:

If you were going to fawn over an athlete in our generation.... He's bigger than the sport.  :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s not winning majors again. He could have possibly won another green jacket or two until he drove his car off a cliff, but that was all she wrote.

Does Otis still post here?

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.
Greatest call in ffa history
if you can look past the 2019 masters I guess
I can. 1 Major after all of that time is pretty insignificant for a guy like Tiger
In the 14 years since Finless made the call, only Rory and DJ have won more tournaments than Tiger. That's with Tiger missing all or more of 7 of those seasons too. Hell, he won 5 more times in 2009 alone AFTER Fin made this call.

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.
Greatest call in ffa history
if you can look past the 2019 masters I guess
I can. 1 Major after all of that time is pretty insignificant for a guy like Tiger
In the 14 years since Finless made the call, only Rory and DJ have won more tournaments than Tiger. That's with Tiger missing all or more of 7 of those seasons too. Hell, he won 5 more times in 2009 alone AFTER Fin made this call.
He wasn't comparing him to Rory. He won 1 more Major after that, thus he lost the fear factor and the Golden Bear is out of the woods. Pretty simple. He didn't say he would suck.

What about this has not proved profound?
For starters, the very first sentence.Following that, he's not "competitive." He's the best golfer in the world. He's won more tournaments than anyone this year.

Following that, I'll give you "the fear factor" bit. If Fin had started a thread that said "I'm calling it, Tiger Woods will still be the best golfer in the world, but he's lost the 'fear factor'," then this might have been a pretty spot-on OP.

As to the last point, nobody can yet say Jack is "out of the woods." Time will tell. I'd gladly put a lot of dollars down to say he'll break that record. He'll probably break it easily.
I'd take you up on this. I know we've never bet before but I've been around here since the place opened. I'd go 1K he doesn't break the record. Problem is you probably wouldn't concede until he passed 50 years old.
You're on. I offer the same bet to juniorNB as well.
done. i hope i live that long.
Made this bet with @Otis more than a decade ago. I think I am going to win it! Will also say that reading my posts from back then was a shame inducing experience. Yikes.

A Tiger’s greatest shots video popped up in my YT feed the other day. Must have been 20-25 minutes long, and it was limited to (for some odd reason) non-majors. It was like watching Barry Sanders 50 greatest runs. It was setup in sequential order but holy cow it was just one insane moment after another. Half the fun (beyond the artistry) was Tiger’s reactions and the crowds going nuts.

Dude brought a lot of joy to my life since 1994.

For starters, the very first sentence.Following that, he's not "competitive." He's the best golfer in the world. He's won more tournaments than anyone this year.

Following that, I'll give you "the fear factor" bit. If Fin had started a thread that said "I'm calling it, Tiger Woods will still be the best golfer in the world, but he's lost the 'fear factor'," then this might have been a pretty spot-on OP.

As to the last point, nobody can yet say Jack is "out of the woods." Time will tell. I'd gladly put a lot of dollars down to say he'll break that record. He'll probably break it easily.
I'd take you up on this. I know we've never bet before but I've been around here since the place opened. I'd go 1K he doesn't break the record. Problem is you probably wouldn't concede until he passed 50 years old.
Time to pay up on this yet or nah?

@Otis

Time to pay up on this yet or nah?

@Otis
Looks like the time limit was after he turned 50. He turns 50 on 12/31/25.

Users who are viewing this thread