What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (1 Viewer)

Leroy Hoard said:
Those who want to bet on Woods winning a major may want to leave the first name blank.
Will be interesting to watch over the next several years.  Obviously great genes and he's already better at 12 than I ever was or will be.  Remains to be seen if he develops the will to work and grind that made his dad the GOAT.

Did they say what Charlie's low round is?  For comparison, Tiger was breaking par for 18-holes at this age.

Looking forward to watching him compete at a higher level, but imaging it'll be a few years.  First memory of watching Tiger was at age 16 after he won his 2nd Junior Amateur and played in the LA Open.  Then he went on the 3-year US Amateur tear.

Did they say what Charlie's low round is?  For comparison, Tiger was breaking par for 18-holes at this age.

Looking forward to watching him compete at a higher level, but imaging it'll be a few years.  First memory of watching Tiger was at age 16 after he won his 2nd Junior Amateur and played in the LA Open.  Then he went on the 3-year US Amateur tear.
According to this, he has broken 80 from the back tees (or 1 tee further back than he'd usually play) at Medalist

Last edited by a moderator:
@kyleportercbs

NBC announced its total audience delivery numbers today.

2021 Open Championship: 2.1M viewers
2021 PNC Championship: 2.3M viewers

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/tiger-woods-seen-walking-medalist-as-masters-deadline-draws-near

I can see Tiger playing in the par 3 but no chance he plays in the tournament proper….does he?  :oldunsure:
His game was probably 90% ready for PGA tour play when he played in that father/son tourney with Charlie.  He said the biggest thing holding him back was he just wasn't able to walk 18 for 4 days in a row at the time.  If he's healed enough to make the walk then I think it's very possible he'll give the Master's a try.  

They say he played a practice round today... I would think he'd need to play 2 to figure out if he can make it through friday?

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/tiger-woods-seen-walking-medalist-as-masters-deadline-draws-near

I can see Tiger playing in the par 3 but no chance he plays in the tournament proper….does he?  :oldunsure:

Tiger also added, “I can still play, but I’m in a cart. Being a weekend warrior is easy, that’s not that hard. Hit your ball, hop in a cart, ride, barely step out of the cart, grab your club and hit the next one. And the longest walk you have is probably from, what, the cart to the green and back. I can do that, that’s not that hard, but walking a golf course, that’s a totally different deal. I’ve got a long way to go.”

What a turd.  

Talk to me when it's cart path only and you don't have several hundred people looking for your ball in the rough.  Add in a guy carrying your bag, fixing your divots and ball marks and the walking 18 as a pro is a piece of cake compared what the weekend warrior has to deal with.

What a turd.  

Talk to me when it's cart path only and you don't have several hundred people looking for your ball in the rough.  Add in a guy carrying your bag, fixing your divots and ball marks and the walking 18 as a pro is a piece of cake compared what the weekend warrior has to deal with.
:goodposting:

Looking forward to two days of nothing but Tiger grimaces and fawning platitudes.

Meanwhile, some guy in the lead just double eagled 8.

Cut away to Tiger standing stoically on the tee contemplating his +6.

What a turd.  

Yeah, you get your Saturday morning round in under no mental pressure whatsoever, then take until Tuesday to recover and tell yourself "damn I need to start getting on the treadmill more, I'm getting old" despite the fact that you know you'll never even take the clean towels off the treadmill much less use it.

These guys hit 500 shots a day in a practice day.  They hit ~70 high pressure shots during their rounds and another 150 on tourney day in warmup and practice afterwards.  The physical stress they go through on a golf course over the weekend would have average guys like us lying on the couch for a week to recover.  Tiger is trying to do this with his leg a little over a year from being mangled.  It's not going to be easy and just the walk on one of the most sloped courses in the world is going to be a huge test for him.  But maybe you're right.... looking for your 15th lost ball of the day is likely harder than walking up and down Augusta on a reconstructed leg.

Yeah, you get your Saturday morning round in under no mental pressure whatsoever, then take until Tuesday to recover and tell yourself "damn I need to start getting on the treadmill more, I'm getting old" despite the fact that you know you'll never even take the clean towels off the treadmill much less use it.

These guys hit 500 shots a day in a practice day.  They hit ~70 high pressure shots during their rounds and another 150 on tourney day in warmup and practice afterwards.  The physical stress they go through on a golf course over the weekend would have average guys like us lying on the couch for a week to recover.  Tiger is trying to do this with his leg a little over a year from being mangled.  It's not going to be easy and just the walk on one of the most sloped courses in the world is going to be a huge test for him.  But maybe you're right.... looking for your 15th lost ball of the day is likely harder than walking up and down Augusta on a reconstructed leg.

If you knew how bad I sliced you would know my typically round in a cart includes much more walking than Tiger.

It's fine for him to discuss what he's trying to accomplish and his challenges.  For him to start dissing the "weekend warriors" is disrespectful IMO.  Most "weekend warriors" are cart path only at least 25% of the time which IMO is as much walking as just walking the dang course.  Most of us aren't taking until Tuesday to recvoer from our Saturday round, we're mowing the lawn and getting the rest of the crap we can't get done working a 40 hour week.

Lastly, you don't see elite marathoners ripping on weekend warriors in their sport.

BassNBrew said:
If you knew how bad I sliced you would know my typically round in a cart includes much more walking than Tiger.

It's fine for him to discuss what he's trying to accomplish and his challenges.  For him to start dissing the "weekend warriors" is disrespectful IMO.  Most "weekend warriors" are cart path only at least 25% of the time which IMO is as much walking as just walking the dang course.  Most of us aren't taking until Tuesday to recvoer from our Saturday round, we're mowing the lawn and getting the rest of the crap we can't get done working a 40 hour week.

Lastly, you don't see elite marathoners ripping on weekend warriors in their sport.
Weekend marathoners don't drink a 12 pack while running.  Kind of a difference there.  I love how you talk about how you can drink a case while golfing while still unironically thinking that you're putting in the same, if not greater, effort than PGA professionals.   :lmao:

encaitar said:

They don't do #### compared to working class people. 

Weekend marathoners don't drink a 12 pack while running.  Kind of a difference there.  I love how you talk about how you can drink a case while golfing while still unironically thinking that you're putting in the same, if not greater, effort than PGA professionals.   :lmao:

Well actually my last marathon included two fireball shots at mile 16, a half beer at 19 and again at 23, and three shots of bourbon at mile 25.  :scared:   

My point and quasi joke was that a lot of golfers are "wrecked" for the other activities  :banned:   Regardless it's a total donkey move to make unsolicited comments about the "weekend warriors" that buy all your crap to pay your alimony.

You don't know @BassNBrew, do you.   :lol:

:hifive:

CGRdrJoe said:
if he’s playing then it means he thinks he can contend. 
Definitely.  And he can likely contend at much less than 100% at Augusta, a course he knows much better than any real competitor.

I'm an idiot..as if the Woods son...calling himself the future 🐐....would be on twitter...with that grammar and punctuation.
Oh I’ve def done something similar lol

Plus…every story I read today - that's fake! Amazon warehouse unionized? April Fool’s! Colbert ripped his own network over Mulvaney? Yeah, right. House passes bill to legalize marijuana? Sure, sure.

What a turd.  

What about Casey Martin, Tiger's old teammate at Stanford, who he didn't speak / stand up for when that guy really needed it (born with  Klippel–Trénaunay syndrome), playing on a gimpy leg.  Make an exemption for the guy -- a cart -- it's not like the PGA doesn't hand out exemptions for others.  Talk about amazing, for him to even get to those levels on half a leg was ridiculous.  Jack Nicklaus actually spoke out against him using a cart.

Great guys, Tiger and Jack.  Real heros.

Martin's been the Head Coach for Oregon's golf team since 2006.  Good for him.  They won it all in 2016.

His leg was finally amputated last year.

Users who are viewing this thread