What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve McNair Dead (1 Viewer)

I was a big fan of his, always played thru injuries. League co-MVP in 2003. 13-3 with Ravens in 2006. I literally feel sick in my stomach right now because of this. Man...

Last edited by a moderator:
Police now believe the incident occurred late last night or early this morning. The female victim has been tentatively identified but the name is being withheld until the next of kin can be notified. She is being reported as McNair's girlfriend.

The circumstances surrounding this double-homicide have yet to be even remotely resolved. Per the news conference, several hours of investigation remain before they will have any further answers.

Police now believe the incident occurred late last night or early this morning. The female victim has been tentatively identified but the name is being withheld until the next of kin can be notified. She is being reported as McNair's girlfriend, and it was her address at which the bodies were found. The circumstances surrounding this double-homicide have yet to be even remotely resolved. Per the news conference, several hours of investigation remain before they will have any further answers.
Was he married at the time of his death?

Sorry to hear about this sad news.

My thoughts and prayers to the McNair family and the Titans organization. Both lost a good man.

Police now believe the incident occurred late last night or early this morning. The female victim has been tentatively identified but the name is being withheld until the next of kin can be notified. She is being reported as McNair's girlfriend. The circumstances surrounding this double-homicide have yet to be even remotely resolved. Per the news conference, several hours of investigation remain before they will have any further answers.
Was he married at the time of his death?
I don't know. As best as I can dig up, he was still married to the previously mentioned Mechelle,and had four sons, Junior, Steven, Tyler, and Trenton by her.

NewsChannel 5's Hope Hines, Chief Sports Reporter said Brad Hopkins, former All Pro Left Tackle, was very upset by the death of Steve McNair. He said he was disappointed, and doesn't understand how people can take lives so violently.

Hopkins said this is an example of how no one is immune to violence.

"Steve was my friend, and that's the difference. I remember his first five minutes in the facility. Every walk he took, I was probably right next to him. We fought and bled together," said Hopkins. "Here's a man who was a husband and a father. He meant a lot to a lot of people. Not just people on the football field."

To answer your question eoMMan, it sounds like he was indeed still married.

This sucks, loved watching this guy play, a true warrior. Couldn't believe he went to play for the enemy (Ravens) but still had a lot of respect for the guy...one yard from an all time comeback drive in the Superbowl to dead at 36...simply can't take life for granted...RIP

Farrah Fawcett

Michael Jackson

Billy Mays

Karl Malden

Steve McNair :thumbup:

All will be missed...... Steve just hit a little harder with me....RIP

Prayers to all his family....Sad Day

What a horrible loss and so young, only 36. Although we don't know any of the details yet, this brings back memories of the Sean Taylor tragedy.

Some people pay a very high price for a little fame and money. A couple of more yards in Super Bowl 34 and we'd be talking about McNair as a possible HOF inductee; the cat was a true WARRIOR.

News Channel 5 in Nashville has reported that McMair was found seated on a couch with a gunshot wound to the temple. The woman was found on the floor............wow :shock:

Some people pay a very high price for a little fame and money. A couple of more yards in Super Bowl 34 and we'd be talking about McNair as a possible HOF inductee; the cat was a true WARRIOR.
team HOFer not pro football HOF. One ring probably wouldn't have "cut it" but certainly won't cut it now in the Brady era(when they're voting).To the topic at hand, I think he opened up his own restaurant recently and was truly settling in to life after football.

Farrah FawcettMichael JacksonBilly MaysKarl MaldenSteve McNair :shock: All will be missed...... Steve just hit a little harder with me....RIPPrayers to all his family....Sad Day
And don't forget Ed McMahon just a week ago.
The "death in 3s" thing is out of control:Ed McMahonFarrahMichaelGale StormBilly MaysFred TravalenaKarl MaldenSteve McNair???Unfortunately, my money would be on Walter Cronkite. Apparently, his health has really deteriorated.As for MacNair, like everyone else I am speechless. What a waste. 36 and 4 sons. Just sad. Very sad. I am sad about this.

I always felt like Steve was determined to get a first down no matter what it took.

I know that sounds plain or generic but, hopefully some McNair fans know exactly what I mean.

also being reported locally in nashville his wife hadn't heard from him in two days...................
there's a bogus story out there that she shot him that has now been rescinded by the original source. Sounds like it might have come from the same national enquirer "sensational" journalism junk story. It was originally debunked when it came out that she won't be making a statement today.She may, can always change her mind, but ......I'm not going to believe any stories of his wife today until it's double verified now.I do appreciate you sharing any details and posting it here.

also being reported locally in nashville his wife hadn't heard from him in two days...................
there's a bogus story out there that she shot him that has now been rescinded by the original source. Sounds like it might have come from the same national enquirer "sensational" journalism junk story. It was originally debunked when it came out that she won't be making a statement today.She may, can always change her mind, but ......I'm not going to believe any stories of his wife today until it's double verified now.I do appreciate you sharing any details and posting it here.
sure that's what we are here for to share and learn....i have a terrible sadness about this today........looks like we can basically put the pieces of the puzzle together after reading these snippets

Definitely married per Eddie George's statement.

"I am at a loss of words and can't put anything into a picture that makes sense. I am just so sad right now,'' George told the Tennessean. "I am just trying to get to [McNair's wife] Mechelle's house to show support and take it from there. I really don't know what to say about it other than I lost a great friend and it is tough to put into words. It is still fresh. . . .
Same with Heimerdinger's
"Right now the only thing I can say is I feel for Mechelle and his family and I am praying for them,'' Heimerdinger said. "We can talk all the football stories you want later, but right now Mechelle and the kids are the most important thing."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...a-great-friend/

A car registered to Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi, 20, was stopped two days ago on Broadway.

The driver, Kazemi, was charged with driving under the influence and violating the state’s implied consent law. The car was a 2007 black Cadillac Escalade.

Earlier today, a black Escalade was towed from the condominium complex on Second Avenue where McNair and a female who has not yet been identified by police were found dead this afternoon.

It is not clear whether this is the same vehicle involved in the DUI arrest.

Steve McNair is married to Mechelle McNair, who police have confirmed is not the victim.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090704...oman+this+week+

“I just got back from Atlanta. I am at a loss of words and can’t put anything into a picture that makes sense. I am just so sad right now,’’ former Titans running back Eddie George said. “I am just trying to get to (his wife) Mechelle’s house to show support and take it from there. I really don’t know what to say about it other than I lost a great friend and it is tough to put into words. It is still fresh.’’

George said he hadn’t talked to McNair in a while, but was supposed to attend a benefit with him next week.

“We were supposed to talk about old times,’’ George said. “What can I say? How do you move on and process it? It just doesn’t make sense. It is sad the way that he left this earth. A lot of emotions are going through me right now. I have so many memories of him.’’

From Tennessean

again Tennessean

Former Titans receiver Kevin Dyson chatted with McNair at Jeff Fisher’s Celebrity Softball Tournament. He said McNair was happy as the two talked about McNair’s children and the opening of his new restaurant in Nashville. McNair is survived by sons Junior, Steven, Tyler and Trenton.

Dyson, like so many others, didn’t want to believe the new when he heard it. He woke up from a nap only to find his phone full of text messages.

“He was enjoying his peace and enjoying retirement,’’ Dyson said.

His thoughts turned to who might have killed him, but said for now he wants to remember the good times.

“I could speculate until I’m blue in the face like everybody else,’’ Dyson said. “Your mind can kind of go wild – It could have been this or it could have been this. I hate to even do that to myself, too. I just want to sit here and think about playing with him and the memories I have of him as a teammate, playing cards or playing softball together, the Super Bowl, etc…

“Thinking about all that other stuff and not knowing, that is hard.’’

car registered to Steve McNair and a 20-year-old woman was stopped two days ago on Broadway.The driver and co-owner, Sahel Kazemi, was charged with driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath test. The car was a 2007 black Cadillac Escalade.
McNair co-owned an Escalade with a 20yo???a bit odd wouldn't you say

from sporting news

Steve McNair's desire to help his community was enormous, and nothing showed that more than his assistance to Hurricane Katrina victims. As part of package saluting the Good Guys in sports, Paul Attner offered the following in June 2006:

It started with a conversation with Brett Favre.

Steve McNair, then still with the Titans, and Favre are Mississippi natives, and their teams were scheduled to play a preseason game in Nashville three days after Hurricane Katrina. Favre told McNair he was packing the Packers' plane with relief supplies for his state. That led McNair to ask his foundation director, Mike Mu, to arrange a relief drive in Nashville.

By the end of McNair's effort, 20 tractor-trailers had been filled with supplies. More than 800 volunteers helped out, and children brought their piggy banks. Fundraising efforts brought in more than $300,000.

A couple of weeks after the hurricane, the first trucks rolled into Mississippi and serviced areas that the Red Cross and the Federal Emergency Management Agency were not reaching. One of the trucks went to McNair's ranch, where his mom supervised the unloading process.

Mu and McNair realized they needed a distribution point, so they began the Steve McNair Distribution Center in Gulfport. That led to weekly deliveries to the center of goods purchased by McNair's foundation.

Later, Favre and McNair contributed to a $150,000 donation to the state's high school and youth football programs.

car registered to Steve McNair and a 20-year-old woman was stopped two days ago on Broadway.The driver and co-owner, Sahel Kazemi, was charged with driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath test. The car was a 2007 black Cadillac Escalade.
co-sign a loan? I don't know

co-sign a loan? I don't know
I'm not a detective, I just play one on the internet but I'd bet the 20yo female is key to the double homicide.

Users who are viewing this thread