What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve McNair Dead (1 Viewer)

It's also being reported that an unidentified woman is also dead. No other details at this time.

He has a son Steve Jr, but I'm no9t sure if he's still married.

I am seeing reports now that it was a double homicide and not a murder-suicide.

Man, I just saw him on Joes vs. Pros a few weeks ago, although I'm aware these things are taped well in advance.

All the same, he appeared to be in good spirits and really enjoying himself. Can't imagine what would drive a man of NcNair's ilk to suicide, if that in fact is the case. The police report I saw said it looked like a double homicide, however.

Man they were JUST tyalking about who was the all time QB for that team - McNair or Moon. Last Sunday I think... This is crazy...

WSMV confirms that McNair was murdered in downtown Nashville. Was shot and killed by his wife, and then the wife killed herself.

OMG.

Terrible terrible. For some reason I'm more upset about McNair than all/any of the celebs that passed last week.

Would really like to know the details.

ESPN says McNair was shot in his home......but espn reports things wrong all the time. So not sure what happened yet.

Getting it from Breaking news on Twitter
From www.newschannel5.comhttp://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=10643962

Steve McNair Found Shot To Death

Posted: July 4, 2009 03:07 PM

Former Titans QB Steve McNair (AP Photo/FILE)

Former Titans QB Steve McNair (AP Photo/FILE)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Former Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed. Police said McNair suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville.

The incident happened near 2nd South & Lea Ave. Police said it looked like a double homicide. A female victim was also found dead.

It is a sad day for Titans, Ravens, and NFL fans...

Ok, so the police have officially confirmed that it is McNair. The female has been tentatively identified, but they need to notify next of kin.

Last edited by a moderator:
So young. Looks like he had a lot going for him. Had just recently opened an affordable restaurant near Tennessee State University that caters to college students and had plans to open more. Runs camps where he teaches kids about life, etc. etc.

So sad to hear about his death at 36

According to Don Aaron with the Metro Nashville Police Department, no suspects have been taken into custody. Several people were being taken to police headquarters for questioning.

Users who are viewing this thread