What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Robert Turbin RB (2 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Three teams have RBs situations where there could be a takeover: Michael (Dal), Rawls (Sea), and Turbin (Cle).
Not sayin Turbin can't take over but what about Turbin would make anyone think that he actually will?

He is not an incredible talent and he was released by Seattle

He averages 4.0 yds for his career same as Crowell despite playing on a much better offense

He has 0 that's right ZERO career RTD in 230 attempts vs 9 for Crowell in 210 attempts

Career long 26 yds vs Crowell who has at least 4 runs as long or longer 35, 32, 26, 26

And that fact that he came to a new team and took the O'linemen out to dinner is pretty disrespectful to Crowell if you ask me

Then runs his mouth about how he is going to rush for 1000 in the remaining 11 games ...C'mon Man!!!!!

His comment aside, I wonder how many career attempts inside the 5 he got in Seattle? He was generally valued ahead of Michael in Seattle, we know that, and Crowell hasn't done much this year as opposed to last year. How is this situation different than Dallas, other than the hugenormous expectations and the superior line in Dallas? We know in Cle last year the HC was willing to switch RBs like he was trying different beers.

His comment aside, I wonder how many career attempts inside the 5 he got in Seattle? He was generally valued ahead of Michael in Seattle, we know that, and Crowell hasn't done much this year as opposed to last year. How is this situation different than Dallas, other than the hugenormous expectations and the superior line in Dallas? We know in Cle last year the HC was willing to switch RBs like he was trying different beers.
Not many, he had 3 inside the opponents 10 and averaged 2YPC. He seems like just a camp body to me, wonder why the Browns are willing to sit and wait.

Michael is supposed to be a special talent and he averaged almost 5 yds per carry ... his problem wasn't talent in Seattle

So in Dallas you have a special talent competing with a has-been and a journeyman neither of who is impressing the coaches.

I think Crowell is doing much better than people realize. His yds per came is slightly down (4.1 to 3.9) but take away the first game of the year vs the Jets and he is at 4.4 per carry

Look at his last 4 games ... he just needs more touches

50 att 220 yds 4.40 yds per 1 TD

5 rec 100 yds 20.0 yds per 1 TD

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't quote me on this but I believe somebody inside the Browns organization worked with him. They were pretty anxious to acquire him. Reminds me of the Malcolm Smith situation over in Oakland with Sio Moore. LBs Coach had a relationship and knew the player, player fit the scheme, player overtook starting job. Nobody cared about the speculation from fantasy "experts".

Don't quote me on this but I believe somebody inside the Browns organization worked with him. They were pretty anxious to acquire him. Reminds me of the Malcolm Smith situation over in Oakland with Sio Moore. LBs Coach had a relationship and knew the player, player fit the scheme, player overtook starting job. Nobody cared about the speculation from fantasy "experts".
Nobody cared about the speculation from fantasy "experts".

monk said:
georg013 said:
Nobody cared about the speculation from fantasy "experts".
Tried way too hard here but I will give you a like for the effort bud.

Rotoworld:

Robert Turbin rushed five times for 30 yards and caught both of his targets for eight yards in the Browns' Week 7 loss to the Rams.

As was the case last week, the Browns divvied up touches pretty evenly between Turbin, Duke Johnson, and Isaiah Crowell. Turbins touched it seven times, Johnson 13, and Crowell eight. Turbin led the team in rushing. Aside from Johnson because of his pass-game involvement, this is a backfield to avoid.

Oct 25 - 4:11 PM

Anyone still holding this guy in dynasty? I know he's not much of an asset (at all) for this year, but I believe he's an unrestricted FA next year. He also says he's been playing hurt, that his ankle isn't yet 100%.

The 3-way committee kills value for any of them, but just curious if others have punted?

I'm holding for the time being, I'd like to see what happens with some more games.

Not off to a fast start. They will need to run the ball a lot Sunday with JF starting. So may get more info as to his future.

Hopefully that's a good sign for Duke.
Personally, I think this is more a sign the team was not satisfied with Turbin than that they are satisfied with what they do have. Duke's role as receiving back is secure, and Crowell will continue to see the bulk of the workload, although neither is much to get too excited about atm.

It will be interesting to see if the Browns bring in another back to compete for carries. Montee Ball?

Looks like they released Turbin so they could activate Glenn Winston from PUP. I think Turbin is probably better, but who knows what Pettine is thinking.

And he's surfaced... in... Dallas.

Turbin takes Michael's roster spot... not sure if we should care.

robert turbin is a beast from the fifth dimension who does not run for the endzone he runs to inflict pain on defenders think about this brohans have you ever had a ram dump truck with a full load of busted up concrete from an oversized rv parking pad slam in to you at 55 miles per hour while neither have i but if robert dominator turbinator runs in to you is almost exactly the same according to sports science so listen he his not a handcuff because like my main man boromeer said you kneel to no one little hobbit from the forest take that to the bank

robert turbin is a beast from the fifth dimension who does not run for the endzone he runs to inflict pain on defenders think about this brohans have you ever had a ram dump truck with a full load of busted up concrete from an oversized rv parking pad slam in to you at 55 miles per hour while neither have i but if robert dominator turbinator runs in to you is almost exactly the same according to sports science so listen he his not a handcuff because like my main man boromeer said you kneel to no one little hobbit from the forest take that to the bank
future ufc announcer?

(pushes chips toward center of the table)

Fun. Need to see you in the SP more often.

I had the opportuniy in a pretty competitive dynasty league to add either Turbin or Smith (or Williams). I chose to go with Turbin. I just think he's a lot more likely to keep Romo upright. And let's face it, Romo and Dez are the franchise here.

Users who are viewing this thread