What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Robert Turbin RB (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Robert Turbin rushed two times for seven yards in the Seahawks' Week 2 loss to the Chargers, adding two catches for 35 yards and a touchdown.

Turbin's receiving yards were tied for second on the Seahawks on a day where they were limited to 17:45 time of possession. Marshawn Lynch's backup remains a pure handcuff for fantasy purposes.

Sep 14 - 8:26 PM

Rotoworld:

Robert Turbin rushed two times for one yard and caught one pass for four yards in Sunday's Week 3 overtime win over the Broncos.

Christine Michael was a healthy scratch. Turbin heads into the bye as the primary backup, but we suspect Michael would get a large piece of the pie of Lynch were to go down. Turbin has just 10 carries and three catches through three games.

Sep 21 - 8:20 PM

I'm looking at him as a spec add right now, gotta clear some byes here though first.

Seattle seems just... off.... to me. Lynch was hot when Harvin got dumped, players complaining about Wilson, the entire passion and energy seems down, plus Lynch came in with Back woes.

Could really see this whole thing spinning south since Lynch seems like such a funny duck.

I'm looking at him as a spec add right now, gotta clear some byes here though first.

Seattle seems just... off.... to me. Lynch was hot when Harvin got dumped, players complaining about Wilson, the entire passion and energy seems down, plus Lynch came in with Back woes.

Could really see this whole thing spinning south since Lynch seems like such a funny duck.
fwiw he is playing FB this week. There is a possibility he stays there. Derrick Coleman the old FB has a broke foot.

fwiw he is playing FB this week. There is a possibility he stays there. Derrick Coleman the old FB has a broke foot.
very interesting, thank you

Turbin Time coming....playoff gold
Yeah signs sure seem to be building. But unless we see a crazy trade today or tomorrow Lynch has to be the guy for them. Injury would be another story.

How long is their fullback out?
He is on IR. Even if Lynch gets traded Cmike is going to play RB, turbin is the FB.

If the Hawks don't sign a FB this week it means they are happy with Turbin there. You can then drop him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbin Time coming....playoff gold
Yeah signs sure seem to be building. But unless we see a crazy trade today or tomorrow Lynch has to be the guy for them. Injury would be another story.

How long is their fullback out?
He is on IR. Even if Lynch gets traded Cmike is going to play RB, turbin is the FB.

If the Hawks don't sign a FB this week it means they are happy with Turbin there. You can then drop him.
Interesting. Thanks.

Rotoworld:

Robert Turbin rushed twice for 21 yards in the Seahawks' Super Bowl 49 loss to the Patriots.

Replacing Marshawn Lynch in Seattle's two-minute offense, Turbin ripped off a 19-yard run with :30 left in the first half. The play set up Chris Matthews' game-tying 11-yard touchdown. The Seahawks' third-down back, Turbin has one year left on his rookie deal. The 25-year-old will return to compete with Christine Michael for Seattle's primary backup running back job in 2015 training camp.

Feb 1 - 10:13 PM

Any thoughts on Turbin as a free agent next year? He's not especially young (turns 26 in December) but less than 800 carries between college/NFL. Catches the ball well (78% catch rate at 9.9 YPR).

Seahawks mailbag, Vol. 4: Christine Michael, Robert Turbin trade value, and more

Excerpt:

I’d agree that this looms as a critical year for each player. While Marshawn Lynch is signed through 2017, it probably remains best to consider him a year-to-year proposition. As was thought they’d want to do last year, the Seahawks will undoubtedly hope to determine this year if one of Turbin or Michael can be the heir apparent to Lynch in 2016, if need be. Turbin has developed a nice and useful role as the primary back in Seattle’s two-minute offense, but whether he can be an everydown back remains to be seen.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Seahawks reporter Terry Blount says it's uncertain if Robert Turbin (hip surgery) will be ready for Week 1.

Although Turbin sat out the entire offseason program, he was always expected to be ready for training camp. It's unclear if Blount is reporting new information here or simply expressing concern due to the missed OTA time. Turbin, the heavy favorite for passing down job behind Marshawn Lynch, is entering a contract year.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 6 - 9:02 AM

Rotoworld:

Robert Turbin (hip surgery) has resumed practicing at Seahawks camp.

Turbin underwent "double hip surgery" and missed the entire offseason program. Beat writers were previously skeptical about his Week 1 availability, but Turbin has been medically cleared, and on Wednesday coach Pete Carroll told reporters the contract-year running back looks "the best he's ever looked."

Source: Liz Mathews on Twitter

Aug 5 - 4:16 PM

Rotoworld:

Seahawks RB Robert Turbin is dealing with a high-ankle sprain.

It helps explain the Seahawks' interest in free agent Fred Jackson. Coach Pete Carroll says a signing isn't imminent, suggesting the team was hosting F-Jax just to get up to speed in case Turbin isn't ready for Week 1. Marshawn Lynch's handcuff should be considered week to week, and highly questionable for the opener.

Source: Bob Condotta on Twitter

Sep 1 - 3:33 PM

If you own Turbin in a dynasty, this is actually a good read on how he's perceived around the league IMO. If he's claimed (which I kind of expect), then you get to see him elsewhere a year earlier. If he's not, then you get to stash on IR or cut bait.

To me, it's getting the news a year earlier than expected.

So do you see Turbin as a guy with breakout potential should he land in the right place, or is he more a career backup?

I don't see it. Especially with the piled up injuries. Maybe people think he could be a poor man's Michael Turner if he landed in the best situation possible, obviously he's not as big. Every backfield is a committee now, if he even gets picked up I seem him swirling into some three-back backfield and not standing out with meaningful stats.

Go read the first page of this thread... People were fairly high on Turbin. Now you're going to find out what he's worth to NFL decision makers.

Go read the first page of this thread... People were fairly high on Turbin. Now you're going to find out what he's worth to NFL decision makers.
I don't think we will know for sure what he is worth to all nfl decision makers. Seattle waived him at a time when teams are mostly concerned with cuts not adds. It might have been strategic to have him clear waivers and land on IR knowing teams are preoccupied over the next 24 hours. However, if a team does sign him now, it would speak highly of their value on him.

I'm confused as to why they would "waive injured" then try to put him on IR. Can't they just put him on IR directly?

I thought waiving him indicated he was no longer in their long-term plans.

I'm confused as to why they would "waive injured" then try to put him on IR. Can't they just put him on IR directly?

It's not their choice. The league waiver system includes a provision that any player with less than 4 years of credited service must be subject to waivers before the team can put him on IR. Though Turbin has been in the league 4 years, he must not have accrued 4 years of credited service (if he was not on the active roster 6 games (I think that's the number) in a year, ten he was not credited with a year of service).

It's not their choice. The league waiver system includes a provision that any player with less than 4 years of credited service must be subject to waivers before the team can put him on IR. Though Turbin has been in the league 4 years, he must not have accrued 4 years of credited service (if he was not on the active roster 6 games (I think that's the number) in a year, ten he was not credited with a year of service).
Turbin was drafted in 2012 so he'll only have 3 years of credited service at a maximum, which is why he had to go waived/injured as you previously mentioned is standard for those with under 4 years accrued service.

I don't think we will know for sure what he is worth to all nfl decision makers. Seattle waived him at a time when teams are mostly concerned with cuts not adds. It might have been strategic to have him clear waivers and land on IR knowing teams are preoccupied over the next 24 hours. However, if a team does sign him now, it would speak highly of their value on him.
I don't buy that other teams are just going to miss a guy getting waived. Now maybe they don't want to spend a 53-man roster spot on Turbin while waiting for him to get healthy, but I don't think it'll be because they just didn't see he was cut.

Turbin was drafted in 2012 so he'll only have 3 years of credited service at a maximum, which is why he had to go waived/injured as you previously mentioned is standard for those with under 4 years accrued service.
Right, 2012... I had 2011 in my head. So definitely was under the accrued service threshhold. Thanks.

I don't know the rules exactly, but if he's claimed by a new team and put on the 53 man roster, couldn't the new team then put him on their short-term IR without having to subject him to waivers again?

I don't know the rules exactly, but if he's claimed by a new team and put on the 53 man roster, couldn't the new team then put him on their short-term IR without having to subject him to waivers again?
I believe so, but would a team want to use their short-term IR spot on him?

I don't buy that other teams are just going to miss a guy getting waived. Now maybe they don't want to spend a 53-man roster spot on Turbin while waiting for him to get healthy, but I don't think it'll be because they just didn't see he was cut.
I may not have been clear. If a slouch like me can see the moment turbin was cut on my i phone, i'm sure every team knew it at the same time or before me. My point was not that they would sneak it past teams unseen, but rather that teams are spending every last second deciding their final 20 some cuts. Adding an additional cut to that list to make room for an injured, average talent RB seems like it would be a low priority at that time.

Rotoworld:

Robert Turbin - RB - Seahawks

Seahawks RB Robert Turbin passed through waivers on Saturday and went on Seattle's injured reserve list.

Nursing a five-week ankle injury, Turbin will likely be released with an injury settlement over the next month or so, which would make him an unrestricted free agent. The Seahawks kept Fred Jackson, Christine Michael, and Thomas Rawls behind Marshawn Lynch. Turbin's days in Seattle are very likely over.

Sep 5 - 11:18 PM

I don't really know what to make of this from a dynasty perspective. His IR designation makes him easier to stash for now, I guess. Rotoworld seems to think he may get released via injury settlement in a few weeks.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Thanks, didn't know that.

So, due to a rule regarding players on NFL IR in league, it would be very helpful if I knew exactly what time Turbin cleared waivers. Actually, I just need to know if it happens before 3pm eastern time today. I know it's 24 hours after he was waived, but I haven't been able to determine what time that was..."officially".

Users who are viewing this thread