What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Robert Turbin RB (1 Viewer)

Saw 20 snaps and even received a red zone carry at the 9 yard line. I don't think Dalllas wishes to keep giving McFadden 29 carries a week so I can see his snaps and carries going up this week. Especially with a Thursday game.

Starting to wonder if Turbin should be getting more attention than he currently is.  Obviously Frank Gore is the starter in Indy, and Frank Gore's been defeating Father Time these last few years... but eventually, Father Time will win.  He always wins.

When he does, and Gore either is completely ineffective or gets hurt due to his age (soft tissue injury or worse), who takes over?  Obviously Ferguson is the guy getting buzz as the satellite back is all the rage in the NFL with what Dion Lewis did in NE last year.  BUT, can Ferguson pass protect the franchise QB?  Can Ferguson be as dynamic rushing and receiving as Lewis was, or is it only a lesser version in the passing game?  Can Ferguson handle goal line work?

I know he was a priority UDFA for the Colts, and I've read the reports about him being considered as early as the 4th round, and yada yada yada.  I've got Ferguson on some rosters and hope he's the guy... but just today a Colts beat writer tweeted that the #2 RB situation is very fluid per Pagano.  Enter Turbin... we know Turbin can pass pro.  His metrics profile is adequate... he's never really had a chance to be THE GUY, so while we think we know what he is (and we probably do), I do kinda wonder what he'd do with 20 touches a game.  I think THIS guy could be the Gore handcuff right now while most of the fantasy community flocks to Ferguson...

What say you?

Colts GM Chris Ballard suggested Robert Turbin could have a bigger role this season.
"It’ll be interesting to see if he can progress even more on first and second down and take some of the load off [Frank Gore]," Ballard said. "But that’ll be completely up to our coaching staff and Robert and how he performs." Turbin scored eight total touchdowns in 2016, but he touched the ball just 73 times. That touch total could grow as the Colts look to lessen Gore's workload, but that would likely hinge on what Indy does in the draft. Gore will turn 34 in May.

Source: colts.com 
Apr 10 - 10:12 PM

As back up RB's go, I think he is in the top third of the league, but has never gotten an opportunity.  If pressed into action, he could match a Tim Hightower performance at the very least.

The Indy Star's Zak Keefer writes Robert Turbin has "been terrific" during camp.

Turbin also stood out during the offseason program, with OC Rob Chudzinski saying he had a "hell of a spring." Keefer believes Turbin's performance this offseason will earn him "an expanded role" in the offense. Turbin only touched the ball 73 times last year, but he managed to score eight touchdowns. He is a solid late-round stab in best ball formats, especially with Frank Gore entering his age-34 season.

Source: Zak Keefer on Twitter 

Aug 8 - 9:27 AM

NFL suspended Colts RB Robert Turbin four games for violating the league’s policy on PEDs.

Turbin broke the news himself, issuing an apology on his Twitter account. The 28-year-old wouldn’t say what he tested positive for but acknowledged that he made a mistake. "It absolutely kills me that I allowed this to happen," he said. "I will continue to work diligently on correcting my error, assuring that this will never happen again." Turbin broke out for a career-high eight touchdowns in 2016 but a dislocated elbow limited him to just six games last season. After he serves his suspension, Turbin will return to a committee role alongside Marlon Mack, Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins in Indianapolis.

Source: Robert Turbin on Twitter 

Jun 29 - 3:26 PM

Colts RB Robert Turbin's four-game suspension has ended.

His return could not come at a better time for a Colts team which has struggled to get anything going on the ground over the first month. From a fantasy perspective, however, Turbin is just another body in a value-sapping committee. Nyheim Hines could struggle to build off his strong Week 4 performance.

Oct 1 - 9:08 AM

Do folks think that there is really value to be had with Turbin? Granted the other guys haven't shown much (although Hines is coming on), but Turbin hasn't really shown much at all his entire career other than some hard-nosed running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do folks think that there is really value to be had with Turbin? Granted the other guys haven't shown much (although Hines is coming on), but Turbin hasn't really shown much at all his entire career other than some hard-nosed running.
I’d rather take a chance on picking up McNichols off the WW if he stays active going into next week rather than Turbin. 

I would think that, if nothing else, he’d be the goal line guy. 

He's the only guy who seems like he can run between the tackles, plus the staff seems to like what they saw of him in preseason. The problem for him is he's on a short week,

Robert Turbin is expected to have a "very limited role" if he's active for Thursday's game against the Patriots.

"Like 3rd-and-short," according to beat writer Mike Chappell. The Colts badly need backfield help, but Thursday night week is the worst week for a player to come off suspension and get re-acclimated. Turbin is not a bad flier in deeper leagues, but he will not be a recommended Week 5 play.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter
If anything happens it won't be this week.

He's the only guy who seems like he can run between the tackles, plus the staff seems to like what they saw of him in preseason. The problem for him is he's on a short week,

If anything happens it won't be this week.
Why is this a problem for Turbin?  He's got fresh legs and was active for the entirety of training camp.

He just was allowed to practice with the team after 4-5 weeks of not being allowed anywhere near the facility. Hard to gauge if the player is up to speed with the playbook/in game shape. It's the same with most everyone who came back off of suspension.

To elaborate on my earlier point:

The most likely outcome is Turbin falls into a low-upside committee on early downs with Hines taking care of the passing-down work. That said, he is at least a competent, NFL running back – something which might not be true of Marlon Mack and Jordan Wilkins – who can pass block and do what he is supposed to do with the ball in his hands. That alone could earn him the starting job, although he is not expected to be very involved on Thursday night.
And even in a no passing work role, he'd be the guy to get goal line work over the other guys in running situations. Given that Luck still can shoot it out even with diminished arm strength, that has value.

In addition to Marshawn Lynch, the Seahawks are also considering a reunion with free agent RB Robert Turbin.

This report comes courtesy of Seattle Times beat reporter Bob Condotta, who hears the Seahawks are likely to sign at least two running backs with Chris Carson (hip) and C.J. Prosise (arm) soon to join Rashaad Penny (ACL) on season-ending injured reserve. Lynch is already en route to Seattle for a visit and we imagine Turbin isn't far behind. C.J. Anderson, who formed a 1-2 punch with Todd Gurley in Los Angeles during last year's playoffs, is also on the Seahawks' radar. Sixth-round rookie Travis Homer emerged as the last man standing in Seattle's injury-decimated backfield Sunday against the Cardinals.
Link is behind a paywall, not included.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Seahawks signed RB Robert Turbin.

Seattle is apparently going to get the band back together in the backfield, agreeing with Turbin and still working on things with Marshawn Lynch. Both backs are on the wrong side of 30 after Turbin turned 30 earlier this month. Turbin was drafted by Seattle in the fourth round of the 2012 draft, spending the first three years of his career there. He has a career yards per carry average of 3.8. Turbin doesn't move the needle much at all in the Seattle backfield, joining rookie Travis Homer.

Users who are viewing this thread