What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Mixon's lawyers release video of RB punching female student in '14 (1 Viewer)

I'm just pointing out your inconsistencies... You are holding Mixon to a standard that you are not holding Molitor because you obviously sympathize with her. This struck a chord with you, which is why you started this thread to begin with I assume, and you cannot fathom how anyone would view her actions as anything but bravery. 

You think Mixon is lying about the racial slur, but you don't know. No one else has said that she did call him a racial slur. So you conclude it didn't happen, because you think he is lying. But to justify your view on this you are asking for facts, corroboration from other sources. 

On the other side of that coin: You think Molitor is telling the truth about a gay slur, but you don't know. No one has said that he did use a gay slur. You still conclude it happened because how could a sweet innocent white girl lie, right? To justify your view on this... well, I guess you just can't because even in this case there are no facts or corroboration from other sources. 

The fact that you can't see (or don't care about) your own double standard in this case is astonishing... 
Mixon himself admitted to calling her "gay dude" friend a ######.  http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/20/sport/joe-mixon-police-interrogation-video/#

And bag the ad hominem stuff.  The suggestion that I believe her because she is white (meaning I am not extending the same courtesy to Mixon because he is black) is especially offensive.  Bag the ad hominem attacks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixon himself admitted to calling her "gay dude" friend a ######.  http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/20/sport/joe-mixon-police-interrogation-video/#

Bag the ad hominem attacks, yeah?
Do you even understand what ad hominem is? Because I am not attacking you, I am attacking your position because I was under the impression that you had a double standard.

I see no reason for him to tell a half truth. If he is going to lie about smoke in his face, or being called a racial slur, then he would have lied and left out that he used a racial slur. 

If he was going to lie, he would have left out the fact that he responded to the "gay dude" and just said that he was called the N word. 

After seeing this link, I'm viewing her and her posse's actions as even more deplorable. Knocking off someone's glasses could be seen as ableism. 

Knocking off someone's glasses could be seen as ableism. 
Knocking off your own sunglasses is clearly a sign of ableism.  And the open palm slap to the neck that didn't turn his head in the slightest surely must have felt like a dude hit him, right?  Because why would he lie?

In this day in age, are we even certain she's a woman or 100% identifies as a woman? It is possible that in that moment she identified as a man, and struck him as one. Therefore Mixon felt he was hitting a man, not a woman (he felt like he got hit by one). In the PC world this raises quite a moral dilemma in this scenario. Given the company she was in this is completely possible 

In this day in age, are we even certain she's a woman or 100% identifies as a woman? It is possible that in that moment she identified as a man, and struck him as one. Therefore Mixon felt he was hitting a man, not a woman (he felt like he got hit by one). In the PC world this raises quite a moral dilemma in this scenario. Given the company she was in this is completely possible 
We know she hits like a dude. 

Knocking off your own sunglasses is clearly a sign of ableism.  And the open palm slap to the neck that didn't turn his head in the slightest surely must have felt like a dude hit him, right?  Because why would he lie?
Making a lot of assumptions here. For someone that relies on facts to base his opinions on, I'm surprised

This girl might be the most vile person on the planet.  Racial slurs, taunts, pushes... I really don't care.  You can't do what Mixon did. Provide any evidence you wish.  You may prove that the girl is a bad person.  What I witnessed in the video proves that Joe is.
I don't think anyone in here has said anything disputing this.

We know she hits like a dude. 
Exactly. If she identified as a man in that instance then it's definitely not as egregious as we all initially find it to be. In fact, we'd be insulting her and feminism (or whatever ism we are offending) by saying a woman identifying as a man should be treated as a woman. Mixon treated her like he would have a man. He felt he was hit by one and responded as such. That explains his over-the-top response with a haymaker . Mixon may have just been behaving politically correct

CC you keep falling back on this "she couldn't actually hurt him" stuff.  Let's be real here though, that has nothing to do with it.  If she were an undersized 110lb male no one here would be saying anything other than he got what he deserved for initiating a fight.  Just the same as if I walked up to Dwayne Johnson and called him a ###### and shoved and then smacked him no one would blame him for knocking my ### out even though he's double my size.

That's not to say that she deserved to get punched in the face by any means, just that she's may also have been a bit of a d-ouche for abusing it.  Ditkaless said it perfectly.  She tried to use chivalry as a sword rather than a shield.  Basically "I'm going to push you around and disrespect you in front of all these people and there's nothing you can do about it because I'm a girl".

But who really knows the details.  If he just walked up and starting hurling gay insults for no reason then maybe she just lost it, understandably, though she shouldn't have followed him in there and escalated it.  I don't claim to know the he-said/she-said details.

CC you keep falling back on this "she couldn't actually hurt him" stuff.  Let's be real here though, that has nothing to do with it.  If she were an undersized 110lb male no one here would be saying anything other than he got what he deserved for initiating a fight.  Just the same as if I walked up to Dwayne Johnson and called him a ###### and shoved and then smacked him no one would blame him for knocking my ### out even though he's double my size.

That's not to say that she deserved to get punched in the face by any means, just that she's may also have been a bit of a d-ouche for abusing it.  Ditkaless said it perfectly.  She tried to use chivalry as a sword rather than a shield.  Basically "I'm going to push you around and disrespect you in front of all these people and there's nothing you can do about it because I'm a girl".

But who really knows the details.  If he just walked up and starting hurling gay insults for no reason then maybe she just lost it, understandably, though she shouldn't have followed him in there and escalated it.  I don't claim to know the he-said/she-said details.
:goodposting:

That's not to say that she deserved to get punched in the face by any means, just that she's also a bit of a d-ouche for abusing it.  Ditkaless said it perfectly.  She tried to use chivalry as a sword rather than a shield.  Basically "I'm going to push you around and disrespect you in front of all these people and there's nothing you can do about it because I'm a girl".
Firstly, watching the video again, I was wrong about her calling him over.  I stated that above.  She should have let the situation die, as it appeared that it might.  She shouldn't have hit him.  She was wrong. I still think she was standing up of her friends who were clearly terrified of, and being bullied by Mixon.  In that way, I don't think the was using it as a sword.  But she let her anger get the best of her and she shouldn't have acted the way she did.  Again, she did waive him over.  The first few times I watched it, I thought he was there (just outside of the camera's view) the whole time.  My bad--she was wrong for that.    

My most recent "she couldn't actually hurt him" was simply pointing out that he did lie in his post altercation interview.  She clearly didn't "hit like a dude" or even knock his glasses off.  But the fact that she was never a threat capable of hurting him does speak to his motives.  He wasn't defending himself, he lost his temper.  

Firstly, watching the video again, I was wrong about her calling him over.  I stated that above.  She should have let the situation die, as it appeared that it might.  She shouldn't have hit him.  She was wrong. I still think she was standing up of her friends who were clearly terrified of, and being bullied by Mixon.  In that way, I don't think the was using it as a sword.  But she let her anger get the best of her and she shouldn't have acted the way she did.  Again, she did waive him over.  The first few times I watched it, I thought he was there (just outside of the camera's view) the whole time.  My bad--she was wrong for that.    

My most recent "she couldn't actually hurt him" was simply pointing out that he did lie in his post altercation interview.  She clearly didn't "hit like a dude" or even knock his glasses off.  But the fact that she was never a threat capable of hurting him does speak to his motives.  He wasn't defending himself, he lost his temper.  
Has Molitor struck you? If not, how would you know what it feels like? 

Mike Tyson punches hard.  
If that's the standard to how hard it takes to "hit like a dude" then almost nobody hits like a dude. So, using your benchmark, he struck her like a girl because he likely doesn't hit like Mike Tyson. So their actions against each other can be seen as equal... using your definition of what it means to hit hard. 

I guess I'm just trying to determine how you know for a fact how hard Molitor hits. Unless she has a problem herself and she hits a lot of men... or .... are you Mixon!?!?!?

If that's the standard to how hard it takes to "hit like a dude" then almost nobody hits like a dude. So, using your benchmark, he struck her like a girl because he likely doesn't hit like Mike Tyson. So their actions against each other can be seen as equal... using your definition of what it means to hit hard. 
Conor McGregor punches hard. 

I think it stands to reason that only Mixon and Molitor's boyfriend or girlfriend would know how hard she actually hits. I don't think anyone on this message board can comment on this. Until then, I suppose Mixon would be the best expert on the matter because he was, in fact, struck by Molitor. If he says she hits like a dude, I guess she hits like a dude. If you have a link from difference sources that verifies how hard she hits, I'd greatly appreciate it. Until then I don't put much stock into what anyone on an online message board would say as to how hard she hits

Joe Mixon punches hard. 
Again, how do you know this? How do you know that she doesn't have a brittle bone disease. Has Mixon ever struck you? Again, I think only Molitor and any other men or women that Mixon has assaulted would know how hard he hits. No one on here can comment with certainty on this. A comparison of his punches to the abilities of Tyson or McGregor is absolutely insane and it shows how far off the deep end you've jumped with this entire topic. 

I think it stands to reason that only Mixon and Molitor's boyfriend or girlfriend would know how hard she actually hits. I don't think anyone on this message board can comment on this. Until then, I suppose Mixon would be the best expert on the matter because he was, in fact, struck by Molitor. If he says she hits like a dude, I guess she hits like a dude. If you have a link from difference sources that verifies how hard she hits, I'd greatly appreciate it. Until then I don't put much stock into what anyone on an online message board would say as to how hard she hits

Again, how do you know this? How do you know that she doesn't have a brittle bone disease. Has Mixon ever struck you? Again, I think only Molitor and any other men or women that Mixon has assaulted would know how hard he hits. No one on here can comment with certainty on this. A comparison of his punches to the abilities of Tyson or McGregor is absolutely insane and it shows how far off the deep end you've jumped with this entire topic. 

I stopped trying to have a serious conversation with you after your sarcastic sociopolitical tirade.  Do you punch hard? 

You clearly have no intention of refuting any of my points with actual points of your own. Instead you wish to deflect with straw man arguments and personal attacks. I've clearly pointed out some serious inconsistencies in your statements and conclusions that you've jumped to without any facts. It's obviously not in my best interests to continue this conversation if you're going to respond as you have the last several postings. If all I'm going to get from you is strawman arguments and ridiculous comparisons and statements when you have absolutely no idea; you weren't there. I'm done with this conversation. #ignored

This morning the Sports radio was taking calls on this Mixon tape and every single female that called in blamed the girl. They either said she knew better to slap a man or she was stupid to touch him because she was the one who started it.

I'm just reporting what the females are saying which is interesting when you get their perspective.

Tex

This morning the Sports radio was taking calls on this Mixon tape and every single female that called in blamed the girl. They either said she knew better to slap a man or she was stupid to touch him because she was the one who started it.

I'm just reporting what the females are saying which is interesting when you get their perspective.

Tex

That's why I'm starting to think he'll definitely get drafted if he comes out.  Many feel that if someone initiates physical contact they are opening themselves up to retaliation whether they are a man or woman.

She obviously wasn't a threat to an 18-year-old elite male athlete, but her initiating the physical altercation will work in his favor in the court of public opinion.

Just don't see this being a Ray Rice situation where he's black balled.

That's why I'm starting to think he'll definitely get drafted if he comes out.  Many feel that if someone initiates physical contact they are opening themselves up to retaliation whether they are a man or woman.

She obviously wasn't a threat to an 18-year-old elite male athlete, but her initiating the physical altercation will work in his favor in the court of public opinion.

Just don't see this being a Ray Rice situation where he's black balled.
My girlfriend saw the video and agreed. She didn't like what Mixon did and said it was brutal but then said the lady was stupid for hitting him in the first place. I'd be interested in hearing more women weighing in on this.

Tex

I'm asking about Mixon and this specific incident.  What could have happened, say, 30 seconds before the video that would explain away his punching the girl?  If he felt he was in danger from some incident just prior, why did he approach the table?
I have no idea.

Tex

Just remembered something very similar happened with PacMan Jones.  He hit a woman after she slapped him and it was on video.  The punch wasn't as vicious but similar situation.  Does anyone remember if he got in trouble for that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZK0qBMr930

The NFL views domestic violence a lot worse than situations like this as it shows a pattern of abuse.  Rarely is domestic violence a one-time thing.  If someone is caught on tape punching their spouse they have probably done it many times before.

Love that after that video goes public, Stoops is now saying that suspending Mixon for his redshirt year wasn't punishment enough. Ya think?  He would've been better off not commenting IMO.  Stoops is a class act.  How embarrassing.

You clearly have no intention of refuting any of my points with actual points of your own. Instead you wish to deflect with straw man arguments and personal attacks. I've clearly pointed out some serious inconsistencies in your statements and conclusions that you've jumped to without any facts. It's obviously not in my best interests to continue this conversation if you're going to respond as you have the last several postings. If all I'm going to get from you is strawman arguments and ridiculous comparisons and statements when you have absolutely no idea; you weren't there. I'm done with this conversation. #ignored
On behalf of the rest of us, thank you.

For starters, my view of the Shark Pool page is completely screwed up on multiple browsers and has been for days, so if this looks all screwball, please forgive me.

What do folks think will actually happen with his NFL future? I suppose we should consider this from two possible paths:

1) he declares for the 2017 draft;

2) he returns to OU and enters the 2018 draft

He's obviously a tremendous physical talent and an incredibly gifted football player. Does the NFL give him a pass for a mistake made at the age of 18? Would he really be black-balled for that? Curious what others think...

He'll fall 2-3 rounds for this, tops. Ghost of Tyfreak Hill will be roaming the war rooms this year.

For starters, my view of the Shark Pool page is completely screwed up on multiple browsers and has been for days, so if this looks all screwball, please forgive me.

What do folks think will actually happen with his NFL future? I suppose we should consider this from two possible paths:

He's obviously a tremendous physical talent and an incredibly gifted football player. Does the NFL give him a pass for a mistake made at the age of 18? Would he really be black-balled for that? Curious what others think...
There is close to zero chance the NFL blackballs him.  He made a horrible mistake 2.5 years ago as an 18 year old, but doesn't seem to have a history of violence outside of that one incident.  If it was completely unprovoked and he initiated the assault might be different.  Just can't see all 32 teams passing on him throughout the entire draft.

He's a first round talent, he might drop a round or 2.  would be shocked to see him fall past round 4 at the latest if he declares.

There is close to zero chance the NFL blackballs him.  He made a horrible mistake 2.5 years ago as an 18 year old, but doesn't seem to have a history of violence outside of that one incident.  If it was completely unprovoked and he initiated the assault might be different.  Just can't see all 32 teams passing on him throughout the entire draft.

He's a first round talent, he might drop a round or 2.  would be shocked to see him fall past round 4 at the latest if he declares.
Oh boy... this thread again.... I thought we let this slip into the deep dark archives next to the David Wilson Bandwagon thread

I agree with this assessment. I would be pleased if GB selected him round 2. He's got some serious talent. He was a kid. I did some real stupid stuff when I was a kid (nothing like this, but stupid nonetheless). I know better now in my 30s so I would hold a 30 something to a higher standard (such as Ray Rice). I'm willing to give him a second chance. My thoughts on this entire scenario are well documented in these pages. 

Don't know, hoping for option #1 but right now I tend to think more likely option #2 and it kind of annoys me to be honest.  He got punished and he'll likely get punished again on his rookie contract when he won't get picked as high as he normally would. But RB shelf life is not long and to put an extra wear and tear of a year on him and delay his possible chance after 4 years to hit FA by a year just so he can put a year distance between an event he did a few years ago seems dumb. I just feel like he's getting used, NFL trying to push him off another year so the optics of it might look better next season and OU gets another year out of a legit Heisman contender.

Put me in the camp of saying this will drastically impact his draft stock if he comes out this year and by a lot more than 1-2 rounds. As it's often said it only takes one so it's hard for me to say he would go undrafted but I think it's possible though my best guess is a day three selection. Some teams have somewhat already removed themselves or risk being incredible hypocrites.  Kraft and McNair I know have both said they would never have a player on their team who puts their hands on women.

I think people underestimate the event of the NFL draft to teams and for sure underestimate the presence of a video when comparing him to Tyrek Hill. Drafts are biggest team event for the next 8-9 months, it's likes a party/promotion for teams. It's all about flying the new draftees into town,  holding  festive type press conferences and welcoming the new players into town, filling fan base with new hope. Any team that picks Mixon is going turn the happy times of the draft into nothing but PR spin control.

They aren't going to avoid him because of his risk of recurrance, they are going to avoid him because they don't want the negative attention from fans, press, and sponsors.

He'll fall 2-3 rounds for this, tops. Ghost of Tyfreak Hill will be roaming the war rooms this year.
Hill didn't have video of him caving the girl's face in.  That is going to be played all over the place leading up to the draft if Mixon declares.  And if it doesn't, it's going to be played all over the place at OU.  Do not underestimate mob mentality.  Social media has waaaaaay too much power these days and zero filter to it.  OU may not even want him back by the time it's all said and done.

Oh boy... this thread again.... I thought we let this slip into the deep dark archives next to the David Wilson Bandwagon thread

I agree with this assessment. I would be pleased if GB selected him round 2. He's got some serious talent. He was a kid. I did some real stupid stuff when I was a kid (nothing like this, but stupid nonetheless). I know better now in my 30s so I would hold a 30 something to a higher standard (such as Ray Rice). I'm willing to give him a second chance. My thoughts on this entire scenario are well documented in these pages. 
18 years old is not a "kid".  It's definitely old enough to know right from wrong.  And I'd say about 10 years past the age you learn not to hit females.

18 years old is not a "kid".  It's definitely old enough to know right from wrong.  And I'd say about 10 years past the age you learn not to hit females.
Not getting into this again. Please read pages 1-6

18 year olds are technically adults but 18 year olds also make dumb mistakes as a kid would

maybe I missed it but why did his lawyer of all people want the video released?
Kind of a "control the narrative" type move, because it was getting out regardless. And at least this way it couldn't be painted as a nasty surprise.
Yep.  Once they knew it was coming, you may as well get it out as soon as possible.  Let it hit the fan ASAP and get it in the rear-view mirror ASAP.  Now he's able to gauge the reaction and decide if he can declare now or if he needs to stay hidden in college another year.  OU is a lot more likely to shield him because of the money involved.  He would have no such advocates if he were at the combine and this dropped out of the blue.

I'm far more interested in his unquestioned talent than rehashing again or judging him for what he did 3 years ago. All I care about is whether he is a stud RB, and he sure looks like it to me. I'll draft him based on talent alone.

Someone's gonna get a steal in rd 3 or 4. This guy is the closest thing to Leveon and Davey Johnson in this draft. His long neck would look good in silver and black.

Do you even understand what ad hominem is? Because I am not attacking you, I am attacking your position because I was under the impression that you had a double standard.

I see no reason for him to tell a half truth. If he is going to lie about smoke in his face, or being called a racial slur, then he would have lied and left out that he used a racial slur. 

If he was going to lie, he would have left out the fact that he responded to the "gay dude" and just said that he was called the N word. 

After seeing this link, I'm viewing her and her posse's actions as even more deplorable. Knocking off someone's glasses could be seen as ableism. 
I see some assumptions in your posts as well.

Someone's gonna get a steal in rd 3 or 4. This guy is the closest thing to Leveon and Davey Johnson in this draft. His long neck would look good in silver and black.
I still see him as more like a 5th rounder but as many have said not really important.

But I was sitting around wondering what teams would be willing to deal with a little PR backlash and felt they had a strong enough organization to put this down. My mind wandered to Jerry who has not been afraid to add players at discounts like Collins and Hardy as recent examples. If Jerry just thought Mixon was good value in the 5th round  and knew he could easily deal with the PR I think my head might explode.

Also Kraft preaches that zero tolerance for domestic company line so kudos to him for that and also nice to know I don't have to worry about them getting Mixon at a discount.

Users who are viewing this thread