What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Mixon's lawyers release video of RB punching female student in '14 (1 Viewer)

From what ive read and watching the video several times, it doesnt look like Milton spit at him and it i find it hard to believe she called him the n word. It does look like he said something to her friend as he was leaving that set her off. More than likely a homophobic slur, cause she immediately turned around and pushed him. This isnt the first time hes been in trouble. He had that incident with the parking attendant as well. Dude sounds like a piece of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would've loved to hear audio, if someone woman spat on me, shoved me and hurled racial slurs at me... yeah I might have to deck a #####.

Again, what he did wasn't really right but if what he said happened ... I understand.
I know someone who would spout stuff off to whoever too. knew nothing would happen because she wad a girl  she ended up getting hit in the face by another woman. I can understand how it happened. 

Doesn't make it right or wrong. a d1 athlete shouldn't be slugging anyone in the face, much less a girl. but put me in the crowd that would love to hear the audio too.

she must have said something to him... for him to randomly come up to her and then say stuff to her friend... perhaps a lot of the "she said" stuff happened outside the establishment. as he said, he was with teammates and stuff was said and his teammates left. I didn't see anyone walk in with him 

& idk wtf everyone is watching, looks clear as day that she was at the table with her friend and Mixon came over instigating.

fantasycurse42 said:
Simple conclusion from this thread - OU fans are stupid.
Not sure what justifies the name calling. I not once defended his actions in the event.  I simply stated, for purposes of this FFB forum, that people here are going to draft him, start him, and no longer care about this incident when he's throwing up points in your starting lineup.

I read the article, his side of the story. or the story he's telling at least.
Looks like nothing would've happened if he didn't come over to her IMO - she was leaning into the table talking to her friend and he came up behind her... Looks like he said something to set her off, not the other way around.

He should've been expelled for that #### - A D1 football player is about as elite an athlete as there is, no excuse for this. 

I'm sure he'll get a shot in the NFL, he'll prob have a pretty short leash though and it'll be almost impossible for a fan base to embrace the guy.

Looks like nothing would've happened if he didn't come over to her IMO - she was leaning into the table talking to her friend and he came up behind her... Looks like he said something to set her off, not the other way around.

He should've been expelled for that #### - A D1 football player is about as elite an athlete as there is, no excuse for this. 

I'm sure he'll get a shot in the NFL, he'll prob have a pretty short leash though and it'll be almost impossible for a fan base to embrace the guy.
Watch the full video. Looked to me like she called him over when he walked in the door.

You don't know much about football fans. Their anger will last until his first touchdown.

Chicago Hooligan said:
I counted at least four excuses in your post but maybe I missed some.
LOL. I was simply explaining why she has some culpability, but you already knew that.

Age, circumstance, it's just not there for me to say he shouldn't be able to choose his career.

He deserves a second chance, IMO.

She most definitely motioned for him to come over to her table, but I'm not sure it really matters much in the grand scheme of things.

Between the incident and releasing the video what has Mixon been like off the field?  Has he done the right things and kept his nose clean or has he found himself in the OU news for missing classes, fighting with teammates, being involved in other incidents, etc?

Between the incident and releasing the video what has Mixon been like off the field?  Has he done the right things and kept his nose clean or has he found himself in the OU news for missing classes, fighting with teammates, being involved in other incidents, etc?
He's a bit of a head case.  Threw a temper tantrum about a parking ticket recently.  Cost him a game I believe.

He's from Cali, you know they be straight thuggin' over dar.

Just wanted to ask that myself. If he's a good kid that made one very bad decision and learned from it, you should give him a second chance. But if he's just an ####### or has a habit of getting into trouble (even if it's just not walking away from it), you want to spare yourself the headache. So which is it?

Just wanted to ask that myself. If he's a good kid that made one very bad decision and learned from it, you should give him a second chance. But if he's just an ####### or has a habit of getting into trouble (even if it's just not walking away from it), you want to spare yourself the headache. So which is it?
Nothing in the locker room to my knowledge.  It's off the field stuff.  Good news is, nothing drug or alcohol related.

Bad news, it's like he knows he was a five star recruit and is destined for the NFL.  Which he is.  It's almost like a spoiled brat mentality who thinks he's above the rules kinda thing.

He's 20 years old.  Again, not an excuse, but highly recruited by tons of great schools.  Lit it up in HS and College now.  But he's not level headed at all.  He's good and he knows it, not humble, etc.

It's going to bite him in the bootay.  It already has because he's killed his draft stock to some degree already with this fiasco.

Nothing in the locker room to my knowledge.  It's off the field stuff.  Good news is, nothing drug or alcohol related.

Bad news, it's like he knows he was a five star recruit and is destined for the NFL.  Which he is.  It's almost like a spoiled brat mentality who thinks he's above the rules kinda thing.

He's 20 years old.  Again, not an excuse, but highly recruited by tons of great schools.  Lit it up in HS and College now.  But he's not level headed at all.  He's good and he knows it, not humble, etc.

It's going to bite him in the bootay.  It already has because he's killed his draft stock to some degree already with this fiasco.
Thanks for the info.  Sounds more like a typical WR diva (that happens to be playing RB) than chronic troublemaker to me. Have you heard anything about work ethic, effort, coachability and stuff like that? Any big red flags there as well and the risk/reward ratio is way off for my taste.

Thanks for the info.  Sounds more like a typical WR diva (that happens to be playing RB) than chronic troublemaker to me. Have you heard anything about work ethic, effort, coachability and stuff like that? Any big red flags there as well and the risk/reward ratio is way off for my taste.
Nope.  He's great on the field, in practice, good teammate, etc.  It's just the ####### off the field, and it's only been a couple incidents.  One massive one though obviously.

True story, at my last place of work, a man brought his sister up to my place of employment and had her whip my coworkers ### and he took it. Man egged it on, but because many thought like many here to never hit a woman, he had a broken face, lost teeth and had to get rehab for 2 months because he didnt fight back.

But at least he had the respect from the people who didnt have to pay his medical bills, that he wont hit a women. He is a true hero, even though he couldnt feed his kids by not working, but at least he didnt hit a woman. Even though his pregnant wife had to work part time, but at least he didnt hit a woman.

By the way, his pregnant wife is who he took the beating for as the guy who brought his sister to my work was sexually harassing his pregnant wife at her school/college and she told him to back off, at least he, my coworker, didnt hit a woman.

And for those who want to bring law into it, prosecutors didnt prosecute, calling all of us witness basically liars saying a woman couldnt do that and it sounded so crazy that no jury would convict. He was about 6 foot and athletic, not a football player, but he wasnt a weakling.

Thats was a crazy few weeks at work, I dont think we got anything done since we were too busy gossiping about how he got beat up by a woman. So in actuality we didnt respect him either for getting beat down by a woman and remember many saying he should have fought back, even the women. Catch 22, so my words based off of what I witness, dont ever let anyone hit you. EVER, man or woman. Circumstances matter so much in these situations.

she pushed him and hit him first - women want equal rights and to be treated equally and fairly with men then that's what they can have, right? 

no, I don't condone punching a woman - but in today's world of women demanding equality she got exactly what a dude would have got for doing the same thing didn't she ?

fruity pebbles said:
From what ive read and watching the video several times, it doesnt look like Milton spit at him and it i find it hard to believe she called him the n word. It does look like he said something to her friend as he was leaving that set her off. More than likely a homophobic slur, cause she immediately turned around and pushed him. This isnt the first time hes been in trouble. He had that incident with the parking attendant as well. Dude sounds like a piece of work.
It looks like he spit on her. At the 39 sec mark, I was trying to figure out what the hell was he doing. Bobbing and weaving ahead of the punch? Nope. He lurched towards her with his head. I think he spit, she slapped, he punched.

He definitely spit on her.

she pushed him and hit him first - women want equal rights and to be treated equally and fairly with men then that's what they can have, right? 

no, I don't condone punching a woman - but in today's world of women demanding equality she got exactly what a dude would have got for doing the same thing didn't she ?
it's equally illegal if it's a dude. a fight is a fight. I see your point but I guess I don't look at it as worse because it's a girl. I just think they're both stupid. some women do whatever they like because the don't think there will be consequences. I think she will think twice next time. and I think he will obviously feel this at least in his pocket book. this one incident likely cost him lots of money two ways: civilly and in draft position/contract

I had a lady a few weeks ago walk into my restaurant who was clearly on drugs. She was screaming at guest, calling them all racist in their face while their were eating and the entire time I was completely calm. This went on for nearly 10 minutes. I asked her to leave, her boyfriend and 8 month old baby left her in the restaurant and were just sitting in their truck.

I called the police because I couldn't reason with the lady. She walked up to me stuck her head in my chest and called me a low life "n word" I still remained calm. As I still tried to keep her calm and get her out of my restaurant she continued to walk up to guest while they were eating and call them names. My guest base is very mixed I get people of all races.

So, as I'm on the phone with the police, she starts taking all her food that was on the table that was still on the plates. So she was taking the plates, silverware and whatever else she could pack away.

At this point I'm still calm but I'm over it! Keep in mind I'm on the phone with 911 so they can hear everything. She turned looked at me then tried to throw all that food on me then lounged at me then without thinking I reacted. 

I have video in my restaurant but also I knew I had guest who were recording with their phones (everyone does this now it's a way of life) depending on when they started recording that video could have looked really really bad for me. Then she started screaming she was going to sue me! 

Needless to say she went to jail, I went to each and every guest and apologized. They all said the same thing to me. Basically, "You did a really good job, I would not have been as patient as you." I felt threatened when she lounged at me, plus I have an obligation to protect my guest and team members.

Whats my point??????

1. I WILL NEVER CONDONE BAD BEHAVIOR!

2. We have not seen the entire video. (We don't know what happened outside).

3. She walked up to him, pushed him then slapped him and he decked her.

4. Don't ever say what YOU WONT DO, when that "fight or flight" button is pushed.

5. Mixon dumb ###, he should have left. He should not have followed them into that restaurant. He clearly made some bad decisions that night.

6. I don't condone hitting women I love them too much!

Tex

I had a lady a few weeks ago walk into my restaurant who was clearly on drugs. She was screaming at guest, calling them all racist in their face while their were eating and the entire time I was completely calm. This went on for nearly 10 minutes. I asked her to leave, her boyfriend and 8 month old baby left her in the restaurant and were just sitting in their truck.

I called the police because I couldn't reason with the lady. She walked up to me stuck her head in my chest and called me a low life "n word" I still remained calm. As I still tried to keep her calm and get her out of my restaurant she continued to walk up to guest while they were eating and call them names. My guest base is very mixed I get people of all races.

So, as I'm on the phone with the police, she starts taking all her food that was on the table that was still on the plates. So she was taking the plates, silverware and whatever else she could pack away.

At this point I'm still calm but I'm over it! Keep in mind I'm on the phone with 911 so they can hear everything. She turned looked at me then tried to throw all that food on me then lounged at me then without thinking I reacted. 

I have video in my restaurant but also I knew I had guest who were recording with their phones (everyone does this now it's a way of life) depending on when they started recording that video could have looked really really bad for me. Then she started screaming she was going to sue me! 

Needless to say she went to jail, I went to each and every guest and apologized. They all said the same thing to me. Basically, "You did a really good job, I would not have been as patient as you." I felt threatened when she lounged at me, plus I have an obligation to protect my guest and team members.

Whats my point??????

1. I WILL NEVER CONDONE BAD BEHAVIOR!

2. We have not seen the entire video. (We don't know what happened outside).

3. She walked up to him, pushed him then slapped him and he decked her.

4. Don't ever say what YOU WONT DO, when that "fight or flight" button is pushed.

5. Mixon dumb ###, he should have left. He should not have followed them into that restaurant. He clearly made some bad decisions that night.

6. I don't condone hitting women I love them too much!
nice story. I give you credit too. you obviously behaved better than many would. 

I think the bolded is by far what many in here are forgetting. yes, he's dumb and never should have decked her. but we only have not even 1/2 of the story. we have video from the second half of an altercation without audio.

It looks like he spit on her. At the 39 sec mark, I was trying to figure out what the hell was he doing. Bobbing and weaving ahead of the punch? Nope. He lurched towards her with his head. I think he spit, she slapped, he punched.
He "bucked" her then she slapped him, that's when he decked her.

"A buck" is giving someone the idea that you are going to hit them. You do it to get them to back away from you or to swing at you first to start the fight.

Tex

I will, and he is.  As will many NFL teams.

And when he throws his pregnant girlriend down the stairs in two years before the fantasy playoffs, I can smugly laugh.
This makes no sense. You would laugh? Think about what you just said here.

True story, at my last place of work, a man brought his sister up to my place of employment and had her whip my coworkers ### and he took it. Man egged it on, but because many thought like many here to never hit a woman, he had a broken face, lost teeth and had to get rehab for 2 months because he didnt fight back.

But at least he had the respect from the people who didnt have to pay his medical bills, that he wont hit a women. He is a true hero, even though he couldnt feed his kids by not working, but at least he didnt hit a woman. Even though his pregnant wife had to work part time, but at least he didnt hit a woman.

By the way, his pregnant wife is who he took the beating for as the guy who brought his sister to my work was sexually harassing his pregnant wife at her school/college and she told him to back off, at least he, my coworker, didnt hit a woman.

And for those who want to bring law into it, prosecutors didnt prosecute, calling all of us witness basically liars saying a woman couldnt do that and it sounded so crazy that no jury would convict. He was about 6 foot and athletic, not a football player, but he wasnt a weakling.

Thats was a crazy few weeks at work, I dont think we got anything done since we were too busy gossiping about how he got beat up by a woman. So in actuality we didnt respect him either for getting beat down by a woman and remember many saying he should have fought back, even the women. Catch 22, so my words based off of what I witness, dont ever let anyone hit you. EVER, man or woman. Circumstances matter so much in these situations.
Mixon is a complete ##### for what he did, NO MATTER what she said or did.  You're a 6' 220lb college football player.  Hitting a woman is about as low as you can get.

This thread is also full of lots of stupid.  

As for your story, I'm not sure what your point is?  Should your 6' athletic co-worker have hit this woman to stop this savage beating he was apparently taking?  That's moronic.  And if he took such a savage beating that he ended up with broken bones/teeth and needed months of rehab, then I'd argue he's not that athletic.  A 6' athletic male should be able to remove himself from a situation where he's about to get his ### whooped by a woman, without having to resort to hitting her.  Walk away.  Run away.  Put something (I.e. a table) between yourself and crazy woman.  But letting a woman beat you to the point of a busted up face is foolish if he's not immobile.  Props to him for not hitting her, I guess?

Mixon is a complete ##### for what he did, NO MATTER what she said or did.  You're a 6' 220lb college football player.  Hitting a woman is about as low as you can get.

This thread is also full of lots of stupid.  

As for your story, I'm not sure what your point is?  Should your 6' athletic co-worker have hit this woman to stop this savage beating he was apparently taking?  That's moronic.  And if he took such a savage beating that he ended up with broken bones/teeth and needed months of rehab, then I'd argue he's not that athletic.  A 6' athletic male should be able to remove himself from a situation where he's about to get his ### whooped by a woman, without having to resort to hitting her.  Walk away.  Run away.  Put something (I.e. a table) between yourself and crazy woman.  But letting a woman beat you to the point of a busted up face is foolish if he's not immobile.  Props to him for not hitting her, I guess?
Sorry but I partially disagree. If someone comes at you with the intent to do harm, you are within your rights to defend yourself. I'm not carrying an a** whipping from ANYONE, regardless of gender.

Sorry but I partially disagree. If someone comes at you with the intent to do harm, you are within your rights to defend yourself. I'm not carrying an a** whipping from ANYONE, regardless of gender.
So you'd hit a woman that you could get away from?  Noted.

So you'd hit a woman that you could get away from?  Noted.
No, I would try to get away first obviously, but if it came down to it, if she or he had a weapon, then all bets are off. And I'm not condoning what Mixon did either, but there is NO situation where I'm losing teeth and having bones broken by a woman, sorry.

No, I would try to get away first obviously, but if it came down to it, if she or he had a weapon, then all bets are off. 
Well I think that goes without saying.

Thats really not at all what I was responding to nor described, so I'm not sure what part of my post you partially disagreed with then.

So everyone at this job watched your coworker get beat down?  Sounds like not only he but all of you are idiots for letting that happen.  

Anyone thinking that there is 100% NEVER a time to forcefully defend yourself against a woman is either a total moron or never actually seen a woman who can legitimately throw a beat down.  

In Mixons case he was beyond wrong and is a total #### ball.  

In the case of this coworker who took a life changing beatdown he is an idiot.  That isnt morals, that was lack of brain cells. 

To be honest she should have never initiated violent contact with him.  That's on her.  He over reacted but to be honest she started that ####.  This is the problem with women like this, they hide behind the social contract.  Then when they get blasted, they act (and are) surprised.  I always tell me kids, the prisons are full of people who don't care about the law.  

Don't touch people.  This can and does happen all the time.  

To be honest she should have never initiated violent contact with him.  That's on her.  He over reacted but to be honest she started that ####.  This is the problem with women like this, they hide behind the social contract.  Then when they get blasted, they act (and are) surprised.  I always tell me kids, the prisons are full of people who don't care about the law.  

Don't touch people.  This can and does happen all the time.  
You win the internet today

My wife is an attorney and represents a lot of people that are just dumb and don't care about the law. They do things because of these social contracts that you suggest, and fear no outcome. If you respect the law things like this never happen. Not defending him, just saying people act like she's such a saint here. She has equal skin in this game

I had a patient once that would tell me these stories of the violent things she'd do toward her boyfriend when she was drunk. I told her if she doesn't stop that she's going to go to jail and she just laughed at me. What happened? Not too long after that she was a victim in a case against her boyfriend. Now, in her case it started with pushing, to fists, to throwing high heels at him, and eventually throwing knives at him. Yes, she laughed about this as if it was on the same level as you and your buddies laughing at how one of you had too much to drink and fell into a bush.

This story. It makes no sense.

You make it sound like there are only two options: (1) throw punches (2) stand completely still and take a beating

If you're even slightly athletic you have the following options to avoid losing teeth and having a "broken face": (A) block the punches (B) restrain her (C) run away

This story. It makes no sense.

You make it sound like there are only two options: (1) throw punches (2) stand completely still and take a beating

If you're even slightly athletic you have the following options to avoid losing teeth and having a "broken face": (A) block the punches (B) restrain her (C) run away
Yeah why sit there like Happy Gilmore in the batting cages just taking pitch after pitch in the face.  People are so irrational sometimes.  This guy deserved what he got for being a moron.  

Yeah why sit there like Happy Gilmore in the batting cages just taking pitch after pitch in the face.  People are so irrational sometimes.  This guy deserved what he got for being a moron.  
if real life events actually occurred as described, sure. But color me skeptical about that story.

if real life events actually occurred as described, sure. But color me skeptical about that story.
Nah, I believe it. Some people are just so far set in a certain mentality. Never hit a girl means NEVER hit a girl. No matter what. Obviously, many in here disagree. I would beat a ##### down if it meant the difference between hospital bills and missed work or surviving. Or at the very least put something between me and the crazy craze. 

I think there is room for them both to be ####bags here.

Mixon's dirtbaggery is obvious, but on her front wasn't there a thread a couple months ago here where a guy ended up in a coma after throwing a plastic water bottle at someone and like half the FFA said it was his fault for putting himself in that situation by throwing the bottle and initiating a physical incident?

Yet this girl at the very least shoves and slaps someone (and allegedly called him the N word and spit on him, not sure if that part is true or not) and she's not partially to blame for putting herself in that situation?  If she had done the same thing to another girl and gotten decked would anyone have said anything other than she had it coming?

Nah, I believe it. Some people are just so far set in a certain mentality. Never hit a girl means NEVER hit a girl. No matter what. Obviously, many in here disagree. I would beat a ##### down if it meant the difference between hospital bills and missed work or surviving. Or at the very least put something between me and the crazy craze. 
Haha, I agree... like if I saw a woman about to stab my wife, I'd have no problem throwing a haymaker, but if you read that story... either it is made up or some critical details are missing. If some crazy woman came into my work attacking me in a way that would knock out teeth and break my face or whatever, I'm going to elude her, block those blows with a binder, shove her out of my office and pin the door shut, or something. I don't believe anyone is just going to sit there and take it for that long. They're at least going to curl up in a fetal position to protect their vitals, which would buy enough time for authorities to get there because surely some coworker has called the cops (unless everybody at work hated that guy).

Then on top of that there's the part where there was no case because the prosecutor didn't believe the multiple witnesses willing to testify? C'mon  :rolleyes:   So. Much. Nonsense.

Haha, I agree... like if I saw a woman about to stab my wife, I'd have no problem throwing a haymaker, but if you read that story... either it is made up or some critical details are missing. If some crazy woman came into my work attacking me in a way that would knock out teeth and break my face or whatever, I'm going to elude her, block those blows with a binder, shove her out of my office and pin the door shut, or something. I don't believe anyone is just going to sit there and take it for that long. They're at least going to curl up in a fetal position to protect their vitals, which would buy enough time for authorities to get there because surely some coworker has called the cops (unless everybody at work hated that guy).

Then on top of that there's the part where there was no case because the prosecutor didn't believe the multiple witnesses willing to testify? C'mon  :rolleyes:   So. Much. Nonsense.
A 5th grader could probably deliver that much damage to someone just standing there taking it, not doing anything about it. 

I have heard some crazy stuff from my wife though, a lot of stories that make you scratch your head. In this case, I'm not so sure I believe the story. Mostly because of the witnesses. And in this day in age you mean no one recorded it with their cell phone? In our facebook-narcissism driven culture where everything is recorded, photographed and broadcasted for the world to see? 

A 5th grader could probably deliver that much damage to someone just standing there taking it, not doing anything about it. 

I have heard some crazy stuff from my wife though, a lot of stories that make you scratch your head. In this case, I'm not so sure I believe the story. Mostly because of the witnesses. And in this day in age you mean no one recorded it with their cell phone? In our facebook-narcissism driven culture where everything is recorded, photographed and broadcasted for the world to see? 
So true, excellent point. If this stupid story really did happen and there really were witnesses, somebody would have a video. 

Users who are viewing this thread