What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Blake Corum, LAR (1 Viewer)

Early favorite as RB1 in 2024 draft then i assume
I don't have him as my RB1 in the class, but I would not fault someone for putting Corum at the top of the class. Prior to his injury, I had him as the RB3 in the 2023 class, behind only Bijan and Gibbs. Here are my current 2024 RB rankings:

1. Treyveon Henderson (Ohio State)
2. Raheim Sanders (Arkansas)
3. Braelon Allen (Wisconsin)
4. Blake Corum (Michigan)
5. Will Shipley (Clemson)

I don't have him as my RB1 in the class, but I would not fault someone for putting Corum at the top of the class. Prior to his injury, I had him as the RB3 in the 2023 class, behind only Bijan and Gibbs. Here are my current 2024 RB rankings:

1 - Treyveon Henderson
2 - Braelon Allen
3 - Raheim Sanders
4 - Blake Corum - even though I'm not a fan
5 - Will Shipley - even though I'm not a fan

I'm sure I will end up replacing 4 and 5 with someone else this time next year.

Looks like 2024 is looking weak for RB at the moment.

I'll take his teammate over everyone past 2 (Donovan Edwards)

Donovan Edwards could certainly throw a wrench into Corum's plans. Both are incredibly talented; however, Corum is coming off a Heisman-like season. If that Blake Corum returns from injury, I suspect he will emerge as the lead back in Ann Arbor again in 2023.

1. Treyveon Henderson (Ohio State)Not
Donovan Edwards could certainly throw a wrench into Corum's plans. Both are incredibly talented; however, Corum is coming off a Heisman-like season. If that Blake Corum returns from injury, I suspect he will emerge as the lead back in Ann Arbor again in 2023.
Not sure I would have used the word incredibly

Corum cuts and has better vision imo, Edwards has the explosiveness and speed to bust off big runs. Edwards can still get better.

Corum cuts and has better vision imo, Edwards has the explosiveness and speed to bust off big runs. Edwards can still get better.
Well stated. It is certainly possible that Edwards will ultimately become the better NFL back, although Corum's return could really stunt his growth. We have yet to see the best Edwards has to offer.

I think Corum is the better college RB, and probably still will be the 1A next year if healthy. But he looks physically maxed out. He gained mass and improved as a tackle breaker from sophomore to junior, but seemed to sacrifice some explosiveness. At the NFL level, I see a bit faster Devin Singletary.
Edwards looks more like a guy that has a frame to get to 220 while remaining explosive. I think if either can become an upper tier NFL starting RB, it's Edwards.

Reel Analytics
Blake Corum enters the #2024nfldraft. Corum has been clocked at 20+ mph several times during his career at Michigan, and appeared on our list of Top 5 fastest CFB players of the week list. #ReelSpeed

Bruce Feldman
Blake Corum's burst and intangibles will impress NFL personnel folks. Everyone at Michigan will rave about his character. His agility times at Michigan also were elite. Last off-season, Corum clocked a 6.39 3-cone and a 3.89 shuttle: theathletic.com/4768413/2023/0…

Adam Carter
Watching Blake Corum and it's really stark how much differently he was moving in 2022 compared to 2023. I'm not saying to completely throw out this season.. but we've seen him at his best and he was one of CFBs best running backs. Firmly my RB1. Corum is an excellent short yardage back. He is going to score a lot of touchdowns at the next level for all the fantasy people..

Doug Farrar
Get him with a heavy gap-scheme offense, and reap the rewards.

Josh Liskiewitz
We've seen some precedent with this before from Harbaugh too... I always felt Zach Charbonnet played at least 10 lbs too heavy while at Michigan, and it was clear his legs/burst were back once transferring to UCLA. I suspect Corum will be asked to shed bad weight for NFL.

Brett Whitefield
Blake Corum is the most elusive back in the class when healthy!

This run is absurd. Demonstrates elite COD ability. I get big time JK Dobbins vibes with Corum.

He went for 53 more yards from this point on. 🤯

Scott Barrett
2022?

Brett Whitefield
Yep. The tape is outrageous.

Blake Corum had major knee surgery after the 22’ season.

It clearly took some time for him to start feeling himself again but the burst and wiggle started coming back around the Penn State game.

All of these runs are late in the year vs PSU, OSU, Bama and Wash. 👇🏼

Big Easy
do u worry about his top end speed?

Brett Whitefield
Not super important for RBs at all, unless they are a specific archetype, which he is not. I think he’s got plenty for what he does.

I don't know if i have ever been less excited about a draft class of rbs
I think its quite a bit better than the 2019 class.

I personally hated the 2020 class even though a lot of high picks were in it. Only Taylor has really panned out.

I'd call this an average class, just nowhere near what last year was. There are likely five day 2 guys in the class, with Corum being one of them.

I personally hated the 2020 class even though a lot of high picks were in it. Only Taylor has really panned out.

I'd call this an average class, just nowhere near what last year was. There are likely five day 2 guys in the class, with Corum being one of them.
Good post. I agree this class is better than 2019 if a couple hit. In 2019 you had Jacobs, Montgomery, Singletary (meh), and Sanders (meh, meh), and Mattison (meh, meh, meh), so two or three has to hit to even beat out 2019. Next year should be good however.

Taylor was 2020.

I think this class is similar to 2019, but I can't say better.

But the main point remains, it's a poor class.

IMO I think many people (this is not directed at KFace or anyone specifically) want the RB position to be easy and it just isn't anymore...we all know what's happened with the position so there aren't many 1st round locks in the NFL draft, RBBC is pretty common and come draft day an RB could end up in a situation that is very good or in a spot that muddies the waters for both him and what is currently on the roster...you now have to really work to figure out this position and it leads to many Owners being frustrated as it is basically changing pretty regularly.

IMO I think many people (this is not directed at KFace or anyone specifically) want the RB position to be easy and it just isn't anymore...we all know what's happened with the position so there aren't many 1st round locks in the NFL draft, RBBC is pretty common and come draft day an RB could end up in a situation that is very good or in a spot that muddies the waters for both him and what is currently on the roster...you now have to really work to figure out this position and it leads to many Owners being frustrated as it is basically changing pretty regularly.

So, I agree with your reasoning, but not the premise of it making RB more difficult. IMO it makes it easier.

To me it’s become basically a yearly proposition with the exception of about 5 guys or so currently that I actually care about in dynasty. The rest I sort of clump into a couple tiers but primarily I just want the cheapest one in each group because they’re all coin flips to me anyway. If I have the most valuable one in a group, I will try to trade to the bottom of the tier and get something extra back. Or maybe try to tier down depending on the state of my team and league context. Or just liquidate them if possible, again depending on state of team and league context.

Essentially I just don’t worry about them near as much anymore because they’re all in committees and I just don’t see much predictability about them. And since this is also affecting every other dynasty manager it just reinforces my opinion to not really try to solve it. And then during the season, I know there will be WW guys who emerge due to injury or cheap options with elevated production that I can try to trade for. But if I’ve built my team right, really nailed my WRs, then I have roster spots to try to solve the puzzle and can always use my picks to trade for someone during the season. I feel like if I get the rest of my team right, I will make the playoffs in FFPC and get some byes, then all I have to solve is weeks 15-17. I don’t need to worry about that until like early November.

I’m also always trying to get 1st round pick swaps with non playoff teams so I can get chances at elite talent in the draft. That has worked out pretty well and netted me a Bijan or two along the way. And if that happens then great, they are super valuable to me. But I’m not out there trying to trade a bunch of assets to get a Bijan either.

So, I agree with your reasoning, but not the premise of it making RB more difficult. IMO it makes it easier.

To me it’s become basically a yearly proposition with the exception of about 5 guys or so currently that I actually care about in dynasty. The rest I sort of clump into a couple tiers but primarily I just want the cheapest one in each group because they’re all coin flips to me anyway. If I have the most valuable one in a group, I will try to trade to the bottom of the tier and get something extra back. Or maybe try to tier down depending on the state of my team and league context. Or just liquidate them if possible, again depending on state of team and league context.

Essentially I just don’t worry about them near as much anymore because they’re all in committees and I just don’t see much predictability about them. And since this is also affecting every other dynasty manager it just reinforces my opinion to not really try to solve it. And then during the season, I know there will be WW guys who emerge due to injury or cheap options with elevated production that I can try to trade for. But if I’ve built my team right, really nailed my WRs, then I have roster spots to try to solve the puzzle and can always use my picks to trade for someone during the season. I feel like if I get the rest of my team right, I will make the playoffs in FFPC and get some byes, then all I have to solve is weeks 15-17. I don’t need to worry about that until like early November.

I’m also always trying to get 1st round pick swaps with non playoff teams so I can get chances at elite talent in the draft. That has worked out pretty well and netted me a Bijan or two along the way. And if that happens then great, they are super valuable to me. But I’m not out there trying to trade a bunch of assets to get a Bijan either.

I like that you have made it easier for your self (and I have my system as well) but I was speaking from a general viewpoint and I don’t think it is easier for a good portion of many Owners.

I like that you have made it easier for your self (and I have my system as well) but I was speaking from a general viewpoint and I don’t think it is easier for a good portion of many Owners.

Ah fair enough. This is how we win.

A 4.53 is excellent considering this guy had knee surgery not too long ago. He's moving up my board, and I initially wasn't that impressed with him after watching him in the CFB playoffs. But if he's coming off of injury, then all bets are off on observational forecasts and testing times.

A 4.53 is excellent considering this guy had knee surgery not too long ago. He's moving up my board, and I initially wasn't that impressed with him after watching him in the CFB playoffs. But if he's coming off of injury, then all bets are off on observational forecasts and testing times.
Yeah I was worried we could be talking 4.6 range for him. I still am skeptical about his size and speed at the next level but his vision, balance, strength, agility are all exceptional.

• Rotoviz
    Blake Corum’s
    situation is striking. He carried 258 times for 1,240 yards and led the group with 27 rushing TDs, but his peripherals are shockingly poor. He averaged only 2.4 yards after contact and broke just 13 tackles. These numbers are starkly lower than his 2022 results, and the culprit could be an injury suffered late in the year. During that campaign, Corum averaged 3.2 YAC/A, broke more than twice as many tackles (28 to 13), and forced twice as many missed tackles. Corum seems like a pretty amazing dude, so I’m hoping that he tests well, gets drafted early, and returns to his 2022 profile as a professional.
Tex

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread