What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Mixon's lawyers release video of RB punching female student in '14 (3 Viewers)

He "bucked" her then she slapped him, that's when he decked her.

"A buck" is giving someone the idea that you are going to hit them. You do it to get them to back away from you or to swing at you first to start the fight.

Tex
 So she read his mind?  

Not sure what her "starting it" has to do with his enormous overreaction.  Who scurries out the door like a cockroach if they even feel the slightest bit justified in what they did?

"Starting it" is pretty irrelevant to me when the reaction is that far over the top.  If his actions were justified then every woman in America would have multiple broken jaws in their lifetime. 

Of course she is probably an idiot and was being stupid, but how much can she really be to blame for his lack of self control and enormous overreaction?

"A buck" is giving someone the idea that you are going to hit them. You do it to get them to back away from you or to swing at you first to start the fight.

Tex
 So she read his mind?  

If you turn the volume up in the video you can hear her say something about bucking her or bucking one of her friends or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what her "starting it" has to do with his enormous overreaction.  Who scurries out the door like a cockroach if they even feel the slightest bit justified in what they did?

"Starting it" is pretty irrelevant to me when the reaction is that far over the top.  If his actions were justified then every woman in America would have multiple broken jaws in their lifetime. 

Of course she is probably an idiot and was being stupid, but how much can she really be to blame for his lack of self control and enormous overreaction?
No no, by no means are any of us saying he is innocent or justified. For me, it's two fold:
1. There is a difference between walking up to a girl and randomly punching her in the face and having a girl start a fight with you and you deck her. Basically the difference between a pile of diarrhea and a peice of crap. But I think most of us would prefer one of those over the other. 
2. Specifically about her civil lawsuit... she has some skin in that game. Being stupid and racist (allegedly) while drunk and paying the price in the end doesn't mean that you should get millions and not have to work the rest of your life. 

I think there is room for them both to be ####bags here.

Mixon's dirtbaggery is obvious, but on her front wasn't there a thread a couple months ago here where a guy ended up in a coma after throwing a plastic water bottle at someone and like half the FFA said it was his fault for putting himself in that situation by throwing the bottle and initiating a physical incident?

Yet this girl at the very least shoves and slaps someone (and allegedly called him the N word and spit on him, not sure if that part is true or not) and she's not partially to blame for putting herself in that situation?  If she had done the same thing to another girl and gotten decked would anyone have said anything other than she had it coming?

I think the "N-Word" story is only coming from Mixon/OU.  I'm not buying.  And the entire thing started because Mixon directed a slur towards the victim's homosexual friend.  I'm half black and know how hurtful the N-Word can be, but you don't get to hurl slurs at people, then react violently when they are hurled at you in retaliation.  Also, I don't see her spit on the video.  

Lastly, Mixon follows her into the establishment after the initial incident.  She had removed herself from the situation and Mixon followed her to re-initiate it.  

I think the "N-Word" story is only coming from Mixon/OU.  I'm not buying.  And the entire thing started because Mixon directed a slur towards the victim's homosexual friend.  I'm half black and know how hurtful the N-Word can be, but you don't get to hurl slurs at people, then react violently when they are hurled at you in retaliation.  Also, I don't see her spit on the video.  

Lastly, Mixon follows her into the establishment after the initial incident.  She had removed herself from the situation and Mixon followed her to re-initiate it.  
Yeah because a white girl never told a lie. Not defending him. I certainly think she said something to him. You don't follow a girl into an establishment to start something with her and her friends for no reason. 

Mixon is a complete ##### for what he did, NO MATTER what she said or did.  You're a 6' 220lb college football player.  Hitting a woman is about as low as you can get.

This thread is also full of lots of stupid.  

As for your story, I'm not sure what your point is?  Should your 6' athletic co-worker have hit this woman to stop this savage beating he was apparently taking?  That's moronic.  And if he took such a savage beating that he ended up with broken bones/teeth and needed months of rehab, then I'd argue he's not that athletic.  A 6' athletic male should be able to remove himself from a situation where he's about to get his ### whooped by a woman, without having to resort to hitting her.  Walk away.  Run away.  Put something (I.e. a table) between yourself and crazy woman.  But letting a woman beat you to the point of a busted up face is foolish if he's not immobile.  Props to him for not hitting her, I guess?
What's worse? What Mixon did or what ADP did?  I think you'd have to go with Adrian Peterson here.  The size delta alone is huge.  Then you factor in that the kid looked to Adrian as an authority figure.  And was beat just as badly (and had no hope to escape the situation either short or long term).  

Being stupid and racist (allegedly) while drunk and paying the price in the end doesn't mean that you should get millions and not have to work the rest of your life. 
Mixon started the initial conflict by directing a slur at her homosexual friend.  She took up for him.  After the initial argument, Mixon followed her to further instigate.  She's received threats and harassment on campus; she had to delete all of her social media accounts to escape some of it.  She originally didn't want the video released due to embarrassment.  She had her jaw wired shut and was on a liquid diet for months.  

I'm not sure how to put a $ value on that, but she certainly and rightfully has a payday coming. 

Yeah because a white girl never told a lie. Not defending him. I certainly think she said something to him. You don't follow a girl into an establishment to start something with her and her friends for no reason. 
You yourself are willing to concede that Mixon followed the victim into the establishment to start something--and are still trying to place the burden of blame on her?  Seriously?  

What's worse? What Mixon did or what ADP did?  I think you'd have to go with Adrian Peterson here.  The size delta alone is huge.  Then you factor in that the kid looked to Adrian as an authority figure.  And was beat just as badly (and had no hope to escape the situation either short or long term).  
Adrian Peterson didn't beat his kid "just as badly."  He spanked his kid with a switch.  That's not the same thing.  If Adrian Peterson did to his child what Joe Mixon did to the victim, he'd be in prison (likely for murder).  I'm not justifying what Peterson did--I think it was wrong.  But many, especially in the south, still today believe that he did is beneficial in raising children.  Again, I don't believe that.  But spanking your child with a switch and knocking a woman out cold with a right hook are two very different things. 

Many people think beating a woman is perfectly reasonable too.  Doesn't make it right.  

I won't disagree that they are different things.  But Adrian's kid had no chance to exit the situation. None.  He was trapped and beaten.  Probably more than once because that's how Adrian rolls. 

I just love how everyone always has all the info, and they never rush to judgement in this day in age.
They always treat everything circumstantially and never ever blanket everything.

Anyways, about the story, I wasted precious moments of my life to make up a story for no reason. I have a lot to gain by making up stories.
Is this part of the new day in age too, where everyone doubts everything they tell them when they have no reason to?

Many people think beating a woman is perfectly reasonable too.  Doesn't make it right.  

I won't disagree that they are different things.  But Adrian's kid had no chance to exit the situation. None.  He was trapped and beaten.  Probably more than once because that's how Adrian rolls. 
I didn't say it was right; I actually said the exact opposite.  But a father thinking that instilling fear in his son will help him in life is very different than Joe Mixon knocking a woman out because he lost his temper.  

And I don't know that Adrian didn't lose his temper--maybe he did and had no concern for the child's future in doing so.  But there is a believable narrative there.  Joe Mixon simply lost his temper and knocked a 120 pound woman out cold. 

I didn't say it was right; I actually said the exact opposite.  But a father thinking that instilling fear in his son will help him in life if very different than Joe Mixon knocking a woman out because he lost his temper.  

And I don't know that Adrian didn't lose his temper--maybe he did and no concern for the child's future in doing so.  But there is a believable narrative there.  Joe Mixon simply lost his temper and knocked a 120 pound woman out cold. 

Please don't humor Saber's AD obsession.  He's constantly tried to insert his thoughts on AD in unrelated threads since it happened.

I didn't say it was right; I actually said the exact opposite.  But a father thinking that instilling fear in his son will help him in life is very different than Joe Mixon knocking a woman out because he lost his temper.  

And I don't know that Adrian didn't lose his temper--maybe he did and had no concern for the child's future in doing so.  But there is a believable narrative there.  Joe Mixon simply lost his temper and knocked a 120 pound woman out cold. 

Please don't humor Saber's AD obsession.  He's constantly tried to insert his thoughts on AD in unrelated threads since it happened.
Yeah I really can't stand the piece of ####.  That said, this woman did have a chance to exit the situation.  Adrian's son didn't and is a child.  Don't act like it didn't happen because it did.  

Yeah I really can't stand the piece of ####.  That said, this woman did have a chance to exit the situation.  Adrian's son didn't and is a child.  Don't act like it didn't happen because it did.  
She did exit the situation.  That's why she was in the establishment.  Joe then followed her in to provoke something as a result of his temper.  

Put a woman you love in her shoes, please.  Yeah, she shouldn't have gotten into his face.  But that has nothing to do with Mixon's actions, nor does it register on that scale.  She did something that most good people do in her shoes--it's understandable and easily forgivable.  You can't say the same about what Mixon did.  

Right, that's exactly what people responding to you are saying.   :wall:

Mixon started the initial conflict by directing a slur at her homosexual friend.  She took up for him.  After the initial argument, Mixon followed her to further instigate.  She's received threats and harassment on campus; she had to delete all of her social media accounts to escape some of it.  She originally didn't want the video released due to embarrassment.  She had her jaw wired shut and was on a liquid diet for months.  

I'm not sure how to put a $ value on that, but she certainly and rightfully has a payday coming. 
She made a racial slur to him and spit on him. This, apparently, started outside of the establishment where he was with teammates, who left. He followed them inside. We only see half of the encounter on the video. I don't doubt she has had quite the PR issue following this incident. She never should have started it in the first place. He shouldn't have followed her in. And he should have some self control. 

And yo're right. I don't know how millennials can survive without social media... definitely worth at least 3 million for the lack of likes, duck face photos, postings of food, and political opinions. 

She did exit the situation that she created by spewing racist insults and spitting on him.  That's why she was in the establishment.  Joe then followed her in to provoke something as a result of his temper.  

Put a woman you love in her shoes, please.  Yeah, she shouldn't have gotten into his face.  But that has nothing to do with Mixon's actions, nor does it register on that scale.  She did something that most good people do in her shoes--it's understandable and easily forgivable.  You can't say the same about what Mixon did.  
fixed

She made a racial slur to him and spit on him. This, apparently, started outside of the establishment where he was with teammates, who left. He followed them inside. We only see half of the encounter on the video. I don't doubt she has had quite the PR issue following this incident. She never should have started it in the first place. He shouldn't have followed her in. And he should have some self control. 
IF* she did, you're right.  She shouldn't have done that.  But that is not justification for Mixon's actions and doesn't even register on that scale.  I don't understand why that's the conversation you want to have about this.  Joe Mixon knocked a woman out cold, and to you the conversation is about what she might have done to provoke that?  If he knocked her out for cutting him off in traffic, would you be pointing out that she shouldn't have cut him off?  

Concept Coop said:
IF* she did, you're right.  She shouldn't have done that.  But that is not justification for Mixon's actions and doesn't even register on that scale.  I don't understand why that's the conversation you want to have about this.  Joe Mixon knocked a woman out cold, and to you the conversation is about what she might have done to provoke that?  If he knocked her out for cutting him off in traffic, would you be pointing out that she shouldn't have cut him off?  
She initiated contact.  

Concept Coop said:
Again, I am looking at this from a civil lawsuit perspective. I think they are both losers. People here are painting her an innocent girl who this angry hot head walked into an establishment and decked her in the face randomly. That just isn't the case. She did more than her fair part in instigating and fueling the fire. 

No.  Mixon started it by "spewing" homophobic slurs.  I can't believe I'm having this conversation and hope I'm being trolled.  
Regardless of who started it, she played an important role. Everyone wants to say that Mixon needs to show some self control, but very few have said that she also needs to show self control. Alcohol is not an excuse. Until she physically assaulted Mixon, it was only a war of words. She made it physical.

Are you saying she played absolutely zero role in this escalating to the point it did? 

Are you saying she played absolutely zero role in this escalating to the point it did? 
No.  But her actions are understandable and within the realm of what I would call normal.  His are not.  Again, if he knocked her out because she cut him off in traffic, the fact that she cut him off in traffic isn't the conversation.  I don't think the actual incident is much different.  

No.  But her actions are understandable and within the realm of what I would call normal.  His are not.  Again, if he knocked her out because she cut him off in traffic, the fact that she cut him off in traffic isn't the conversation.  I don't think the actual incident is much different.  
So you think it's normal to physically assault someone who called your friend some gay slur? 

@Concept CoopSo let me address your example... if I am driving and I see a guy weaving in and out of traffic and driving like a buffoon and I decide to cut him off to get in front of him and force him to slow down and stay behind me, and he follows me and punches me in the face, then yes I did more than my fair share to instigate it.

The thing is, she did not accidentally initiate physical contact. She did it quite purposefully in that video. So she purposely cut him off in traffic as he was weaving through it like an idiot. To stay with your analogy. 

She initiated contact.  
After and in response to him threatening it.  

Yes--she shouldn't have gotten in his face.  Is that what you guys are looking for?  I don't understand why that is the important part of the conversation to you.  And if he shot her in the face, she still shouldn't have gotten in his face.  If he and his buddies all beat her up, she still shouldn't have gotten in his face.  But what a weird thing to say in response to her getting knocked out cold by a 220 point athlete who was never in any danger, and thus, not legitimately defending himself.  It's really odd. 

Awful choice. That said, if I understand correctly, this was his 18th birthday? While I wouldn't say he's earned everyone's trust back, I would say he deserves to have a chance. I recall OU giving quite a few people second chances (DGB comes to mind) and I can't recall any of the kids not making good on them. I can't hate on it, but understand those that question it. 

Ray Rice was a 27 year old professional that knocked his fiance our during an argument then drug her lifeless body out of an elevator like she was a bad of dogfood. I fail to see the parallels here.

Yes--she shouldn't have gotten in his face.  Is that what you guys are looking for?  I don't understand why that is the important part of the conversation to you.  And if he shot her in the face, she still shouldn't have gotten in his face.  If he and his buddies all beat her up, she still shouldn't have gotten in his face.  But what a weird thing to say in response to her getting knocked out cold by a 220 point athlete who was never in any danger, and thus, not legitimately defending himself.  It's really odd. 
Ok so if someone calls my friend a (insert gay slur), and "bucks" at me, it is a normal response to physically assault him? 

So let me address your example... if I am driving and I see a guy weaving in and out of traffic and driving like a buffoon and I decide to cut him off to get in front of him and force him to slow down and stay behind me, and he follows me and punches me in the face, then yes I did more than my fair share to instigate it.

The thing is, she did not accidentally initiate physical contact. She did it quite purposefully in that video. So she purposely cut him off in traffic as he was weaving through it like an idiot. To stay with your analogy. 
I simply can't relate to your thinking on the subject.  I don't know how to put it any better than I already have.  Yes, she shouldn't have gotten in his face.  But a weird thing to fixate on, considering the entirety of the story.  I just can't relate to that lack of empathy.  

So you think it's normal to physically assault someone who called your friend some gay slur? 
I think her actions qualify as normal. 
Interesting... my wife, the defense attorney, would say those actions are pretty dumb and would make a hard defense in a court of law. Lucky for her, in Wisconsin, the person who instigates the fight doesn't always get charged; it's the person who delivers the most damage. I guess sometimes it does literally pay to be stupid

She actually successfully defended a woman just recently who was approached by a big brute of a woman and ultimately defended herself so well the instigating woman was deemed the victim in that case. Given the damage she sustained the DA did not believe that she instigated it. 

I simply can't relate to your thinking on the subject.  I don't know how to put it any better than I already have.  Yes, she shouldn't have gotten in his face.  But a weird thing to fixate on, considering the entirety of the story.  I just can't relate to that lack of empathy.  
If I am in a verbal argument, and I intend to let it stay there, and someone gets in my face and physically assaults me, they have now taken it to a completely new level. You act as if she was sitting in the restaurant eating a burger all peacefully and he decides to deck her in the face, randomly. She has quite a bit of skin in this game from a civil perspective, not so much legal, which is obvious because the legal part of this is done with already. 

If I am in a verbal argument, and I intend to let it stay there, and someone gets in my face and physically assaults me, they have now taken it to a completely new level. You act as if she was sitting in the restaurant eating a burger all peacefully and he decides to deck her in the face, randomly. She has quite a bit of skin in this game from a civil perspective, not so much legal, which is obvious because the legal part of this is done with already. 
I just read she was deemed a "mutual combatant" which is why he was offered a plea, where he admitted no guilt, on a low level misdemeanor charge. Doesn't sound like either had a ton of skin in the game from a legal perspective. Was wondering how he got off so light.

Interesting... my wife, the defense attorney, would say those actions are pretty dumb and would make a hard defense in a court of law. Lucky for her, in Wisconsin, the person who instigates the fight doesn't always get charged; it's the person who delivers the most damage. I guess sometimes it does literally pay to be stupid

She actually successfully defended a woman just recently who was approached by a big brute of a woman and ultimately defended herself so well the instigating woman was deemed the victim in that case. Given the damage she sustained the DA did not believe that she instigated it. 

Humans are dumb.  We're arguing about this online on a forum dedicated to fake sports management.  That's dumb.  Being dumb does not justify us getting knocked out cold by Joe Mixon, however.  

If he shot her, would you still be pointing out how dumb her actions were? 

I just read she was deemed a "mutual combatant" which is why he was offered a plea, where he admitted no guilt, on a low level misdemeanor charge. Doesn't sound like either had a ton of skin in the game from a legal perspective. Was wondering how he got off so light.
This makes complete sense. Probably why a civil lawsuit is still pending

Women don't get a free pass on everything because they have a ######.  Just most things.  She overstepped with the wrong guy and got hurt because of it.  I'm not saying he was justified, but she isn't some blameless little kid here.  She ####ed with a bull and got the horns.  It appears both paid a price for their respective lack of judgment.  

This makes complete sense. Probably why a civil lawsuit is still pending
Yeah, it's a tough pill on her side, but watching the video she starts the altercation by waiving him over. They exchange words and it looks like he's going to walk away as she starts the physical altercation with a push. He fakes a swing, she actually swings escalating the physical altercation and he knocks her silly.

She started the verbal altercation (at least on video), she started the physical and she escalated the physical. Guess it makes sense that he got in trouble for causing physical damage and not the actual act itself.

Humans are dumb.  We're arguing about this online on a forum dedicated to fake sports management.  That's dumb.  Being dumb does not justify us getting knocked out cold by Joe Mixon, however.  

If she pulled a gun first, yes.  But that's totally hypothetical.  Let's stick to what happened.  

If she pulled a gun out first and he also and shot her, yes I would be. That is essentially what she did by physically assaulting him.

If this were a female soccer player and not a male football player, what would the narrative be? The fact that he's a man and she's a woman is why this is so one sided. If this was two women we'd be pointing the finger at her for taking the first swing. 

If she pulled a gun out first and he also and shot her, yes I would be. That is essentially what she did by physically assaulting him.

If this were a female soccer player and not a male football player, what would the narrative be? The fact that he's a man and she's a woman is why this is so one sided. If this was two women we'd be pointing the finger at her for taking the first swing. 
The victim might have been a physical threat to a female soccer player.  She was never a physical threat to Joe Mixon.  

Again, she shouldn't have gotten into his face.  You're right.  She shouldn't have touched him.  But what she did doesn't even register in comparison to what Joe Mixon did.  I don't know why you're trying to argue technicalities; I don't understand why that would be an important part of this conversation to you.  Joe Mixon was never in physical serious danger and knocked a woman out cold because he lost his temper.  What she did to that point is a very minor part of the conversation to me.  

If that was your wife, would your instincts be to lecture her on her wrongdoing?  

She started the verbal altercation (at least on video), she started the physical and she escalated the physical. Guess it makes sense that he got in trouble for causing physical damage and not the actual act itself.
He followed her and her friends into the restaurant to bully them, she then stood up for her male friend(s).  He clearly started everything up to her touching him.  He was being a bully and wanted to pick a fight that he had no chance of losing.  She stood up to him, and even though she posed no legitimate threat, he punched her in the face for doing so.  He's a bully, she stood up to him, and he knocked her out because of it. 

I had a lady a few weeks ago walk into my restaurant who was clearly on drugs. She was screaming at guest, calling them all racist in their face while their were eating and the entire time I was completely calm. This went on for nearly 10 minutes. I asked her to leave, her boyfriend and 8 month old baby left her in the restaurant and were just sitting in their truck.

I called the police because I couldn't reason with the lady. She walked up to me stuck her head in my chest and called me a low life "n word" I still remained calm. As I still tried to keep her calm and get her out of my restaurant she continued to walk up to guest while they were eating and call them names. My guest base is very mixed I get people of all races.

So, as I'm on the phone with the police, she starts taking all her food that was on the table that was still on the plates. So she was taking the plates, silverware and whatever else she could pack away.

At this point I'm still calm but I'm over it! Keep in mind I'm on the phone with 911 so they can hear everything. She turned looked at me then tried to throw all that food on me then lounged at me then without thinking I reacted. 

I have video in my restaurant but also I knew I had guest who were recording with their phones (everyone does this now it's a way of life) depending on when they started recording that video could have looked really really bad for me. Then she started screaming she was going to sue me! 

Needless to say she went to jail, I went to each and every guest and apologized. They all said the same thing to me. Basically, "You did a really good job, I would not have been as patient as you." I felt threatened when she lounged at me, plus I have an obligation to protect my guest and team members.

Whats my point??????

1. I WILL NEVER CONDONE BAD BEHAVIOR!

2. We have not seen the entire video. (We don't know what happened outside).

3. She walked up to him, pushed him then slapped him and he decked her.

4. Don't ever say what YOU WONT DO, when that "fight or flight" button is pushed.

5. Mixon dumb ###, he should have left. He should not have followed them into that restaurant. He clearly made some bad decisions that night.

6. I don't condone hitting women I love them too much!

Tex
Regarding 2, what unseen footage would justify his reaction?  I can't think of a single thing.

Watching the video again, I don't think she did anything wrong.  I take back my previous comments questioning her actions.  

Her friends were being bullied.  She, overestimating Mixon's character, took up for her friends, likely thinking they were more at risk than she was.  But Mixon's a bully and can't have that.  She stood up for her friends, after first trying to evade and ignore Mixon, and I respect that.  

Tex
Is that what that was? To a chick? What a wimp. He's off my draft board now.

Users who are viewing this thread