What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Fake Scarcity Mixtape Draft #1: Tuesday picks 12 & 4PM EDT (1 Viewer)

Forgot our different levels of drafting hardcoredness, but still going to attempt to not draft a band more than once in these drafts (starting from the last couple of course). If my notes are accurate, I always seem to miss out drafting my favorite band, so I will correct that now. No idea how this will fit into a mix, but this is first song of theirs that really hooked me. I remember sitting in a friend's dorm room listening to the song over and over...

Pick (1) song performed by a group including two or more members of a nuclear family (brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers). Scarcity twist: group comes off the board when selected.

1.3 Radiohead -- Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Three selections on the first day of a music draft must set a new record low for the FFA. Let's hope we can pick up the pace, otherwise we'll finish this in early August.

1.06 The Kinks "The Village Green Preservation Society" (band with family members)

Will link later. As soon as I saw this category I knew I wanted a Kinks' song. But so many great ones to choose from. This has always been one of my very favorites.

1.06 The Kinks "The Village Green Preservation Society" (band with family members)

Will link later. As soon as I saw this category I knew I wanted a Kinks' song. But so many great ones to choose from. This has always been one of my very favorites.
the family cat is going to be interesting for me- I don't really pay attention to band members in groups and know Im going to be surprised pretty consistently by bands that share family (as I am with the Kinks).

the family cat is going to be interesting for me- I don't really pay attention to band members in groups and know Im going to be surprised pretty consistently by bands that share family (as I am with the Kinks).
Arcade Fire has brothers in it, but I think they are off the board now since they were chosen in a # title song.

From wiki:

David Byrne, Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth were alumni of the Rhode Island School of Design in Providence, Rhode Island. There Byrne and Frantz formed a band called "The Artistics" in 1974.[7] Weymouth was Frantz's girlfriend and often provided transportation for the band. The Artistics dissolved within a year, and the three moved to New York, eventually sharing a communal loft.[8] Unable to find a bass player in New York City, Frantz encouraged Weymouth to learn to play bass by listening to Suzi Quatro albums.[9] They played their first gig as "Talking Heads" opening for the Ramones at CBGB on June 20, 1975.[2]

Wonder if closing out a big state will matter here:

"Wild Wild Life", Talking Heads (U.S. State - New York)
ok... great band song etc... but they met and formed at RISD. not in NY. :shrug:
Thought that originally, too. But the band at RISD was not the Talking Heads. Tina Weymouth and Jerry Harrison were not in David Byrne and Chris Frantz' college band. Which wasn't called "Talking Heads" anyway.
hmmm- learn something new every draft. I stand corrected.

Arcade Fire has brothers in it, but I think they are off the board now since they were chosen in a # title song.
My understanding is that Arcade Fire can still be used in the family category.

Taking Arcade Fire means they can't be used again, right? Also does taking ll mean that the word couple can't be used for the # in title category now?
Yeah, just how is the scarcity thing being enforced? Only within the category, or draftwide? I missed a lot of the pre-draft discussion, and was taking the second post at face value.

wait- so once a band is taken in ANY cat, they're off the board?

My understanding is that Arcade Fire can still be used in the family category.
that was my understanding too

I thought it was just in that category it was off the board.

I think they're only technically off the board in the category they're selected in, but a lot of people like to go more hardcore and once a band is taken they won't select them again in ANY category.

Eeph will have to rule on it - in the interim, let's shy away from further Arcade Fire picks.
Ok. I thought when Eephus said "Scarcity twist: group comes off the board when selected" that meant they were completely gone off the board in any category. Sorry for spotlighting Arcade Fire as an example.

Of course artists picked in one category are still eligible in others. This is a nerd draft, not a masochist draft.

If you want to be hardcore though go for it, just don't expect everybody else to jump in your mosh pit.

1 . 6 --- timschochet

1 . 7 --- Mr Ected

1 . 8 --- sn0mm1s

1 . 9 --- The Dreaded Marco

1 . 10 --- GrOOvus

1 . 11 --- Mister CIA

1 . 12 --- simey

If you're asking me ... this would make the draft A LOT more interesting.

Maybe any given act can be limited to two or three selections draftwide.
As eephus said, i think a lot drafters self impose this level of draft integrity, but i would rather have people draft stuff they love than make everyone have to dig super deep for songs.

Taking Arcade Fire means they can't be used again, right? Also does taking ll mean that the word couple can't be used for the # in title category now?
i thought it was : the #2 is off the board, and Arcade Fire is off the board for this category.
:goodposting:
ok- so I can take 2 Legit 2 Quit :confused:
Not in the numbers category but it's still eligible in the "videos with Chris Mullin" category

Users who are viewing this thread