What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Fake Scarcity Mixtape Draft #1: Tuesday picks 12 & 4PM EDT (1 Viewer)

Holy Smoke.

While building my SpotiList, my Stone Coyotes' My Little Runaway would not play. I was not about to drop this band, so I went browsing for another tune and discovered that the boss lady's talent is prolific. They were etched in my mind as a one and done band from back in early 2K; I was mistaken.

Replacement song for Stone Coyotes - Adriana

Cool. I hope ALL of the songs play. I click the link and it pops open the the Spotify fat app. Hopefully browser users get the same.
Nice late addition with the 1970 song.
I had this song pegged early on, but simeyone who shall remain nameless sniped me in round one and sent me scrambling for days.

Me eat all the Cretors tonight!

Holy Smoke.

While building my SpotiList, my Stone Coyotes' My Little Runaway would not play. I was not about to drop this band, so I went browsing for another tune and discovered that the boss lady's talent is prolific. They were etched in my mind as a one and done band from back in early 2K; I was mistaken.

Replacement song for Stone Coyotes - Adriana
Repeating this song, repeatedly.

[sn0mm1s

JZilla

El Floppo

The Dreaded Marco (partial Spotify mix). Zip file to entire mix

http://www.megafileupload.com/1XXp/Marco_Scarcity_Mix.zipHov34

simey

Northern Voice

KarmaPolice

Mrs. Rannous

Steve Tasker

Ilov80s Mix

JML's mix Spotify version Had to omit the Deborah Harry song go with a live version of 11:59. For some reason, two tracks off Parallel Lines are unavailable.

Timmy's Tunes

JML take two

Gr00vus Mix

Eephus mix (fixed)

Hagmixia
Thanks for doing this.

The first "JML Mix" is Hov34's

The 2nd and correct one doesn't have "I want that Man" by Debbie Harry. Not sure if is part of the issue that affects 11:59.

In a previous draft I nominated a category for songs that contained the word "Baby" in the title. Here is a playlist of 25 songs that went undrafted (at least I think they went undrafted). It's a little rough around the edges, but it's still worthy of a share. Pretty sure I could get a "Baby" list up close to 500 with a little effort.

Baby, Baby, Baby

In a previous draft I nominated a category for songs that contained the word "Baby" in the title. Here is a playlist of 25 songs that went undrafted (at least I think they went undrafted). It's a little rough around the edges, but it's still worthy of a share. Pretty sure I could get a "Baby" list up close to 500 with a little effort.

Baby, Baby, Baby
We should have an all pop music cliche category draft. Song with "Baby" in title or lyric, song with "Yeah" in title or lyric, song with "Ooooooh" in title or lyric, song with "ooh ah" or "hoo ha" in title or lyric, song with "Hey" in title or lyric, etc. ,etc.

Baby, Baby, Baby
We should have an all pop music cliche category draft. Song with "Baby" in title or lyric, song with "Yeah" in title or lyric, song with "Ooooooh" in title or lyric, song with "ooh ah" or "hoo ha" in title or lyric, song with "Hey" in title or lyric, etc. ,etc.
Does that include live performances where the band says, "Hello, Cityname!" Triteness rules.

Baby, Baby, Baby
Does that include live performances where the band says, "Hello, Cityname!" Triteness rules.
:thumbup:

Been listening to a lot of the mixes - thanks again everybody! I know I am going to sound like a broken record, but I always like the mixes. It is just fun getting exposed to different stuff. Was going to try to do my usual posts and list 2-3 of my favorite songs of each mix that I hadn't heard before.

Hov34:

Couple of songs that I was eyeing up with The Black Keys and Ben Folds. There were quite a few other songs that I liked the music on, but maybe not the vocals for whatever reason- Trainwreck 1979, and Fantastic Man.

Favorite new songs:

The Black Lips - Modern Art

Belle & Sebastian - Another Sunny Day

Lou Reed - Vicious

sn0mm1s:

I will be honest, I thought I was in trouble after the first song. A few songs I love in here with Stevie Nicks, old Green Day, and one of my favorite Oasis songs. Violent Femmes are one of those bands I seem to know 0 songs from, but everytime I hear one I like it. Probably should look into that.

Favorite new songs:

Kendra Morris - Banshee

Violent Femmes - Gone Daddy Gone

Bronze Radio Return - Everything Moves

Sorry for the delay. Had a bunch to do...

Mr. Ected Fake Scarcity Mix

1) Karn Evil 9: First Impression - Part 2 - ELP

2) I've Seen All Good People (Your Move/All Good People) - Matthew Sweey & Susanna Hoffs

3) Wild Horses - The Sundays

4) More Than a Feeling - Boston

5) Steppin' Out - Joe Jackson

6) Alcohol - The Barenaked Ladies

7) Synchronicty I - The Police

8) And Your Bird Can Sing - Guadalcanal Diary

9) You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon (Love the bass in this song)

10) Weather With You - Crowded House

11) Every Other Thursday's Mine - The Parachute Men

12) Tom Sawyer - Rush

How about:

Weather: titles that have weather terms in them.

Songs with long titles: 6+ words in the title

I thought about doing #2 as a whole draft, but that would probably be too much proggy goodness.

Folks - my apologies for bailing midway through - very much not like me.

Got slammed with work last week and was away for the weekend.

Won't get fooled again...

In terms of future drafts, what about a music video draft?

There have been several post your favorite video threads, but don't recall a true draft.

There have been several post your favorite video threads, but don't recall a true draft.
and then make Youtube channels to support it... love this idea. (but think I'll run out of videos pdq)

and then make Youtube channels to support it... love this idea. (but think I'll run out of videos pdq)
If you have 10 or 12, like this one, it shouldn't be too bad. It might just make you dig some, which is kinda the point of these drafts!!!

I regularly dismiss songs after having heard them gobs of times, but it was nice to listen to McCartney's Maybe I'm Amazed with fresh ears. Great song.

Page 6 bump.

I've been plugging through your mixes. I haven't been doing a good job of keeping track of who's whose but I've enjoyed them all, some more than others.

Users who are viewing this thread