What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andy D's 2017 Mock Draft Thread - 4/17 One last "Oh, okay.What the heck..." mock (1 Viewer)

McKinley is not just a 3-4 OLB. He's a 4-3 pass rushing menace.

Carolina isn't deep enough to reject trades netting them extra 2nd round picks. 
McKinley isnt big enough to play in the NFL consistently IMO.  6'2 250 isnt really going to cut it to be an every down player.  And thats what I want from the first round

Think Khalil Mack, Danielle Hunter, Cliff Avril, or Frank Clark. He's plenty big enough.

Plus he'll likely put on 10-15 lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
McKinley is not just a 3-4 OLB. He's a 4-3 pass rushing menace.

Carolina isn't deep enough to reject trades netting them extra 2nd round picks. 
Didn't say anything about avoiding a trade to net a 2nd. If used right, I would be fine with it, but they like Fournette. I don't see them dropping down with him on the board. I will say I am not a fan of McKinley. His agility numbers at the combine were good if he were a 6'5" 310 pound OT. For a 6'2" 250 OLB, they were awful. He would have tied for 7th among OL in the short shuttle and 3rd in 3 cone (only a few hundredths away from 6th). Khalil Mack, he is not.

He's not on the Panthers radar, nor should he be. It's not a good match.

I wasn't comparing him to Mack in anything but size because it was said he's not big enough to be a DE. 

Sure they could stay put for Fournette. Which is fine because all I was trying to show was the relative draft position it seems that guys are settling in at. It's not really important which team he goes to for mock draft purposes

If you prefer it here, switch McCaffrey to Carolina and McKinley to Tampa.

I was all aboard the Panther-Fournette connection but the more I read, the more I am worried about how much the Panthers use shotgun and how LF might really struggle in that system.

If it falls this way the choice between Barnett and Foster will be a difficult one for the Eagles. That said, a Barnett/White combo is a dream scenario. IMO the mock as a whole is very well done.  :thumbup:

It's refreshingly different, and I like Mocks with trades in them.  It's nice to mix it up.  I also agree that Carolina isn't as high on Fournette as people seem to think.  I think he'd be like Murray was in Philly.

Cook to the Bengals seems a bit improbable due to their needs on defense.  I do think they could go RB in the 2nd, but Cook's stock seems to have fallen to the mid-late first, not the top of the 1st.

Not a fan of the Steelers picks.  Yes, they need a pass rusher, but they're a fan of the larger, tweener rushers.  Guys that could be DEs for other teams.  I think they'd go Harris or Taco instead of Williams, a 1-dimensional pass rusher (at least right now). And in the 2nd I'm not a fan of Zay, he looks like JAG.  I'd rather have Godwin (another possible JAG but I like him better), or a CB. Maybe Cordrea.

Cam Robinson going in the top 10, gross.  Possible, but not pretty.

Also, Peppers isn't Bucannon. Could he be some day, perhaps. But it's far from a guarantee. He could end up being a RB with kick return duty, no one really knows at the moment.

Overall, it's a believable draft which is more than a lot.  Well done... except for the Steelers picks.

While I see the value in trading back into the first round, I think the Browns would do better by addressing a dreadful secondary.

While I see the value in trading back into the first round, I think the Browns would do better by addressing a dreadful secondary.
It's ALL dreadful in Cleveland. I had them taking Fabian Moreau before I played around with the trade up.

It's ALL dreadful in Cleveland. I had them taking Fabian Moreau before I played around with the trade up.
I actually don't think the Browns are quite as bad as it looks. The o-line is above average with potential to be top 5. Crow and Duke are a good combo. Coleman, Britt and Barnidge are a decent trio of pass catchers. They have all those other 2nd year guys as well so someone else might step up. IMO, the only piece the offense is missing is a QB (huge piece obviously, but the offense is ready for when they do find that guy). The defense is pretty bare, but Shelton, Collins and Kirksey are all good players. Jamar Taylor was a revelation at corner. The Browns can add Myles Garrett and another impact defensive player for the secondary like Conley, Adams, White, etc. All of a sudden, I think they could have all the pieces in place for when the QB does arrive. 

The Browns have some pretty good players, and they have a ton of young players. They're probably a 5 win team this year if they can get a QB to stay healthy.  In 3-4 years they could be in solid playoff shape. They have a good O-line, good WRs, solid RB, and some young defenders who show a fair amount of upside.  Also, they have a ton of $$ and lots of picks to work with.

The Browns have some pretty good players, and they have a ton of young players. They're probably a 5 win team this year if they can get a QB to stay healthy.  In 3-4 years they could be in solid playoff shape. They have a good O-line, good WRs, solid RB, and some young defenders who show a fair amount of upside.  Also, they have a ton of $$ and lots of picks to work with.
This is a huge draft for them. They just can't have another Richardson/Weedon draft. That killed them.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see the Browns trade for, if not Jimmy G, then Andy Dalton?

Not sure what it would take.  The 1.12?  The 2.33?  A future 1st or 2nd?

1.    Browns – Myles Garrett, DE Texas A&M- no brainer

2.    49ers – Marshon Lattimore, CB Ohio St  -  49ers need help at CB, CB has high end positional value , everyone loves Lattimore

3.   Bears - Solomon Thomas, DL Stanford - I'm not sure exactly where he plays on the line, but I know the Bears could use the help wherever it is

4.    Jaguars – OJ Howard, TE  Alabama  - Jags are rare terrible team without many holes, the big hole is QB but I don't see their GM admitting his big mistake. So instead of QB, I think they take another step towards trying to give Bortles the weapons he needs to succeed. 

5.    Titans (from  Eagles) – Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan   WR is a big time need, Davis is the type of precise route runner that pairs well with MM- much more so than Wiliams or Davis so I think the Titans want to make sure they get their guy. 

6.    Jets – Mitchell Trubisky, QB North Carolina   Jets are either tanking or locked into drafting a QB. My guess is they go QB. I could see this being Watson, but I think his turnovers combined with his weak arm trump his experience so the Jets go for the allure of the unknown/upside guy. 

7.    Chargers – Malik Hooker, S tOSU    Maybe the best fit in the draft. If the Chargers are adopting the Seahawk defense than they MUST have a center fielder. Hooker might be the best CF prospect since Earl Thomas. 

8.    Panthers – John Ross, WR Washington    Someone will fall in love with the speed so why not the Panthers? I don't think this is a smart pick, but I don't think the Panthers are all that well run either. With Ginn gone, the current Panthers' receivers being big and slow,  and a franchise QB with a big arm  make it easy to justify the pick.

9.    Bengals – Rueben Foster, LB Alabama  Burfict needs a more athletic partner inside, this would create the meanest, nastiest ILB duo in the NFL. Also, the Bengals are a team that we know won't be scared off by character concerns. Mike Williams was tempting here but Cinci needs to aid the defense that was the key to past playoff runs, WRs will be around later 

10.  Raiders  (from Bills) – Jonathan Allen, DT/DE Alabama    The Bills need lots of help, the Raiders feel they are on the cusp. With Allen, a guy who is a legit top 3 talent player sliding to 10, the Raiders get aggressive and offer a big package to the Bills. Allen is crazy versatile and the Raiders run a diverse set of defensive packages so this is match made in heaven. 

11.    Saints – Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee   Opinions on Barnett vary, but he seems like a smart fit for a Saints team in need of help at DE. 

12.    Browns – Jamal Adams, S LSU  The Browns get lucky and may have landed the 2 best players in the draft. The only reason I had Adams slipping was that poor 40 day at the combine. I know he was really fast at his LSU Pro Day, but I tend to discount Pro Day numbers, they are always fast. I think it's hard to justify a lower value position like safety in the top ten when he isn't a top end athlete. 4.56 40 and 31 inc vert didn't cut it. 

13.    Cardinals – Gareon Conley, CB tOSU  Cards need a cover guy to play across from Peterson, Conley checks every box for a 1st round corner

14.    Colts – Ryan Ramczyk, OT Wisconsin    Seems high based on what many think of the tackle class, but we saw this offseason how desperate teams are for OL help so I think the top linemen come off the board often in the 1st round since options are limited. Colts have to protect Luck. Ramcyk can slide into RT. 

15.    Eagles (from Vikings) – Christian McCaffery, RB Stanford      Smallwood isn't going to cut it as a feature back, so McCaffery can immediately add excitement to the running game and be a safety valve for a young developing QB that was prone to forcing too many bad throws on broken plays

16.    Ravens – Haason Reddick, LB Temple     The Ravens have the best luck and the best drafts. It has happened again as they fall face first into their next great versatile LB that can cover, run and rush. 

17.    Redskins – Obi Melifonwu , S UConn   Skins have a hole at safety and for whatever reason they strike me as a team that would fall head over heels with Obi's video game combine numbers. 

18.    Titans – Marlon Humphrey, CB Alabama   The Titans are building something great. They got their pass catcher on offense in Davis and now their pass defender. Humphrey is a super talented CB and all 32 teams in the league that wouldn love the chance to mold him into a starting corner. 

19.    Buccaneers – David Njoku, TE Miami  The Bucs really want to do everything they can to ensure the success of Winston. Njoku will give Winston a big option over the middle. 

20.    Broncos – Garret Bolles, OT Utah  Broncos need a tackle to start now.

21.   Cowboys (from Lions)  – Mike Williams, WR Clemson  My guess is here the Lions wouldn't be in love with any single player left on the board and would be willing to move back. I can definitely see Jerry Jones mouth watering over Mike Williams and being willing move up to get him. Zeke, Dak, Dez, Mike Will? Forget the triplets, Jerry has got the quadruplets. 

22.    Dolphins – Taco Charlton, DE Michigan   Taco has the looks, but isn't the athlete or the producer you would have expected, thats why he is able to fall to the Fins. I think Taco is more of a strong side DE, a guy to set the edge and provide ok pass rush. 

23.    Giants –  Leonard Fournette   This might be giving NFL GMs too much credit and perhaps the Zeke effect will push LF and other RBs higher up. However, I think most GMs understand that for every Zeke, there is a Gurley and that LF isn't a 3 down back.  That said, he looks to be a great 2 down back. The Giants offense was anemic last year and a bulldozer like Fournette might be just what they need to jumpstart things. With a quality trio of WRs, teams won't be able to load the box.My only concern is the might % of shotgun that the Giants use, not sure that gels well Fournette's style. We would also get years of in division rivalry and retrospectives on the McCaf vs LF picks. 

24.    Bills (from Raiders)  – Tre'Davious White CB LSU   The trade pays off for the Bills as they still get a top level CB prospect which is something they are desperate for. 

25.    Texans – DeShone Kizer QB ND  Texans are in win now mode but still don't have a NFL quality QB on the roster. I'm not sure Kizer is NFL ready, but what choice do the Texans have at this point? He is big, athletic and you don't have to do too much squinting to see a franchise QB (just ignore the fact he wasn't good in college). 

26.   Seahawks– Cam Robinson, OL Alabama  The desperation for OL is real and the Seahawks have to pull the trigger as Cam might be the last day 1 starting tackle left. 

27.    Falcons (from Chiefs) – Forrest Lamp, OL Western Kentucky  With the Packers in need of guards, Atlanta decides to make a move to get their guy and continue to build on their team strength. He will step into RG and make their offensive line even better than it was in 2016.

28.    Lions  (from Cowboys)–  Zach Cunningham, LB Vanderbilt    Zach is a fast rangy LB, he is athletic enough to play 3 downs. The Lions are desperate for both an athletic LB and a LB that can cover as they were eaten alive last year by teams completing short passes. Somewhat  of a disappointing pick as I don't think there is much value here and his tackling form needs work,  but it's a position of need and a player that has a unique athletic profile.

29.    Packers – Jabrill Peppers, S UM With versatile do it all Micah Hyde moving on, Peppers can step in and fill all those roles as well as provide a much needed pop to the return game. 

30.    Steelers – Tak McKinley, OLB UCLA   He seems to project perfectly as a classic Steelers 3-4 OLB. 

31.    Chiefs -  Dalvin Cook, FSU  The Chiefs showed last year with Tyreek that they can take a chance on a character guy and make it work. Alex Smith needs a healthy running game and Cook might be able to step in and do many of the things Jamal Charles once did. 

32.    49ers (from Sains)  – Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech  Saints move back and add a later pick.  San Fran move up to make sure the Browns don't take Mahomes and to get the 5th year option. Mahomes might not be ready just yet, but Shanahan and Lynch have really long deals and can afford to be patient bringing Mahomes along. 

2.    49ers – Marshon Lattimore, CB Ohio St  -  49ers need help at CB, CB has high end positional value , everyone loves Lattimore

4.    Jaguars – OJ Howard, TE  Alabama  - Jags are rare terrible team without many holes, the big hole is QB but I don't see their GM admitting his big mistake. So instead of QB, I think they take another step towards trying to give Bortles the weapons he needs to succeed. 
I only have 1 question.  Why do you hate da Bears?

@Andy Dufresne

Curious, Awuzie 1st round? He's projected as a 3-4th or 4-5th rounder depending on the site... I like him a lot, I think he has good talent, but over guys like Humphreys seems kind of crazy. What do you know that I don't? 

@Ilov80s

Doesn't GB have 2 pretty good starting Safties and zero good starting CBs? Peppers doesn't transition well to CB by every scout's assessment. Maybe OLB you could make a case, but he won't stay at safety and won't move to CB. This pick would be a complete mistake. I don't undersatnd why so many people make this pick for GB. They just picked 2 safeties to switch to CB in the 2015 draft that didn't pan out at all. Why would they draft another and make the same mistake

23.    Giants –  Leonard Fournette   This might be giving NFL GMs too much credit and perhaps the Zeke effect will push LF and other RBs higher up. However, I think most GMs understand that for every Zeke, there is a Gurley and that LF isn't a 3 down back.  That said, he looks to be a great 2 down back. The Giants offense was anemic last year and a bulldozer like Fournette might be just what they need to jumpstart things. With a quality trio of WRs, teams won't be able to load the box.My only concern is the might % of shotgun that the Giants use, not sure that gels well Fournette's style. We would also get years of in division rivalry and retrospectives on the McCaf vs LF picks.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but just about every ranking had Gurley ahead of Zeke as a talent.  Sure, situation matters, but you're acting like Gurley is Trent Richardson.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but just about every ranking had Gurley ahead of Zeke as a talent.  Sure, situation matters, but you're acting like Gurley is Trent Richardson.
I don't mean that as a knock on Gurley so much as a sign of the role RB has in today's NFL. TG is an all world talent but without other key pieces in place, it's wasted talent. 

@Ilov80s

Doesn't GB have 2 pretty good starting Safties and zero good starting CBs? Peppers doesn't transition well to CB by every scout's assessment. Maybe OLB you could make a case, but he won't stay at safety and won't move to CB. This pick would be a complete mistake. I don't undersatnd why so many people make this pick for GB. They just picked 2 safeties to switch to CB in the 2015 draft that didn't pan out at all. Why would they draft another and make the same mistake
True, that could be a bad pick. Maybe instead they take a corner like Wilson or King. I was looking at the loss of Hyde who I think was a guy who did everything from cover the slot, play in the box on runs, blitz, play CF and even return kicks . Peppers can do all of that plus a creative team can give him 5-10 offensive snaps. He does all of that with much more athleticism than Hyde. I was down on Peppers but I watched a draft breakdown that really changed my mind.

The TLDW; is that people are judging Peppers based on a very peculiar role he had with Michigan as a speed edge setter. They are missing that when Peppers was asked to do other things (like man cover) he was good at it. 

@Andy Dufresne

Curious, Awuzie 1st round? He's projected as a 3-4th or 4-5th rounder depending on the site... I like him a lot, I think he has good talent, but over guys like Humphreys seems kind of crazy. What do you know that I don't? 
A lot of analysts have Chidobe somewhere in the 2nd now.  He's slowly moved up during the past couple months.  The 1st is still a bit high, but who knows where he'll be with a couple more weeks.  At this point, any player can be mocked anywhere.

The range of locations for players is growing wider and wider as the draft approaches.  Derek Rivers in the 1st or 4th, Tyus Bowser the same.  Awuzie in the 1st or 5th.  Tim Williams in the teens, or up around 110.  Dalvin Cook at pick 8 or in the late 2nd. Kamara at pick 8 (craziest pick I've seen so far).  

Hopefully in 2 weeks we'll start gettin more of a consensus. A lot of the mock drafts now are just different for the sake of being different and trying to get clicks. Once the draft gets really close, hopefully people start going for accuracy again.

@Andy Dufresne

His arrow has been tending way up since the combine and showed well at his pro day.  He's very athletic for his size.  3-4th round is very old news. 

Humphrey is a little opposite that. He's physical but not great in man coverage. 

Really it's just a reflection of the steam that seems to be surrounding each.  

There's a ton of really good corners this year and could go in almost any order depending on how each front office sees scheme fit.

True, that could be a bad pick. Maybe instead they take a corner like Wilson or King. I was looking at the loss of Hyde who I think was a guy who did everything from cover the slot, play in the box on runs, blitz, play CF and even return kicks . Peppers can do all of that plus a creative team can give him 5-10 offensive snaps. He does all of that with much more athleticism than Hyde. I was down on Peppers but I watched a draft breakdown that really changed my mind.

The TLDW; is that people are judging Peppers based on a very peculiar role he had with Michigan as a speed edge setter. They are missing that when Peppers was asked to do other things (like man cover) he was good at it. 
Thanks for your explanation. It makes some sense. It just seems Peppers has no real position. Just screams Dexter McCluster defense version to me. As a Packer fan I'd be pretty deflated if we drafted him. But I do see that he makes plays and is very athletic. In the NFL everyone is athletic however. 

A lot of analysts have Chidobe somewhere in the 2nd now.  He's slowly moved up during the past couple months.  The 1st is still a bit high, but who knows where he'll be with a couple more weeks.  At this point, any player can be mocked anywhere.

The range of locations for players is growing wider and wider as the draft approaches.  Derek Rivers in the 1st or 4th, Tyus Bowser the same.  Awuzie in the 1st or 5th.  Tim Williams in the teens, or up around 110.  Dalvin Cook at pick 8 or in the late 2nd. Kamara at pick 8 (craziest pick I've seen so far).  

Hopefully in 2 weeks we'll start gettin more of a consensus. A lot of the mock drafts now are just different for the sake of being different and trying to get clicks. Once the draft gets really close, hopefully people start going for accuracy again.
That's disappointing (I was hoping GB could get him cheap). I'm documented in the GBP thread a while ago saying I'd love GB to go CB round 1 and Awuzie round 4 before FA started. 

I agree with ilove80s... I don't think Awuzie is the first CU CB taken. Nor should he be IMO. I just felt like Awuzie was a great 3+ round talent who could turn out to be just as good as some of the talent taken round 1. 

I hope Tampa gets an OT that can start or a safety to replace Conte in the first round. 

-OZ- said:
@Ilov80s - good stuff 

What character concerns with Foster? Other than the combine stuff. 
I don't know any specifics but I heard some "expert" say that they have heard nothing but bad things about his interviews. 

I hope Tampa gets an OT that can start or a safety to replace Conte in the first round. 
Safety might be tough unless you buy into Peppers as a pure safety or like Obi that much. There will be tackles available, buy I think it's probably over paying for positional need. 

I don't see any way Lattimore goes that high to SF. Lots of CB depth. Thomas is my guess. Even Allen would be taken before Lattimore. Lattimore might even slip out of the top ten with his injury issues.

I think the Jets would take Adams over Trubisky if the draft fell that way.

I don't know any specifics but I heard some "expert" say that they have heard nothing but bad things about his interviews. 
I see now, that was a quote from mcshay.  He's still my target with a late 1st and imo the best player in draft (albeit at a lesser position than allen or Myles)

I don't see any way Lattimore goes that high to SF. Lots of CB depth. Thomas is my guess. Even Allen would be taken before Lattimore. Lattimore might even slip out of the top ten with his injury issues.

I think the Jets would take Adams over Trubisky if the draft fell that way.
My only thought was they just took 2 DL in the last 2 drafts. There's some conflicting ideas about the roles Thomas and Allen can/will play so I wasn't sure if the 49ers could justify a 3rd DL.

I see now, that was a quote from mcshay.  He's still my target with a late 1st and imo the best player in draft (albeit at a lesser position than allen or Myles)
And I always wonder how much any of the talk is real or BS, but him getting kicked out of the combine definitely points to personality concerns. What do you mean your target late 1st? In an IDP league?

And I always wonder how much any of the talk is real or BS, but him getting kicked out of the combine definitely points to personality concerns. What do you mean your target late 1st? In an IDP league?
Right - idp ff. The elite LB prospects like kuechley, Willis and a few others have gone late 1st in that league, I'm targeting foster with my 1.14 (some from the league will see this, but that's fine)

My only thought was they just took 2 DL in the last 2 drafts. There's some conflicting ideas about the roles Thomas and Allen can/will play so I wasn't sure if the 49ers could justify a 3rd DL.
They're transitioning from a 3-4 to 4-3 so they're going to need some more d-linemen.

I can't complain with all 3 picks for the Saints.  With the drafting of Hooker, I'd hope they move Vacarro seeing as though Rafael Bush was resigned.  I do think they would take a long look at Rueben Foster at 11, but I can't see him falling past the Bengals.  Just curious why they'd take Cook.  Don't they still have Gio and Hill?

I can't complain with all 3 picks for the Saints.  With the drafting of Hooker, I'd hope they move Vacarro seeing as though Rafael Bush was resigned.  I do think they would take a long look at Rueben Foster at 11, but I can't see him falling past the Bengals.  Just curious why they'd take Cook.  Don't they still have Gio and Hill?
Gio is coming off a torn ACL and is better suited to be a complimentary piece. Hill is just not very good.

What a mess. Well they need corners too so I stand by the pick.
CB is definitely a need, but Lattimore isn't graded as well as those two d-lineman. Not to mention that the drop-off in CBs by the next round isn't close to the DL drop-off. However, this is John Lynch as GM, so you never know.

Ilov80s said:
1.    Browns – Myles Garrett, DE Texas A&M- no brainer

3.   Bears - Solomon Thomas, DL Stanford - I'm not sure exactly where he plays on the line, but I know the Bears could use the help wherever it is

5.    Titans (from  Eagles) – Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan   WR is a big time need, Davis is the type of precise route runner that pairs well with MM- much more so than Wiliams or Davis so I think the Titans want to make sure they get their guy. 

6.    Jets – Mitchell Trubisky, QB North Carolina   Jets are either tanking or locked into drafting a QB. My guess is they go QB. I could see this being Watson, but I think his turnovers combined with his weak arm trump his experience so the Jets go for the allure of the unknown/upside guy. 

7.    Chargers – Malik Hooker, S tOSU    Maybe the best fit in the draft. If the Chargers are adopting the Seahawk defense than they MUST have a center fielder. Hooker might be the best CF prospect since Earl Thomas. 

8.    Panthers – John Ross, WR Washington    Someone will fall in love with the speed so why not the Panthers? I don't think this is a smart pick, but I don't think the Panthers are all that well run either. With Ginn gone, the current Panthers' receivers being big and slow,  and a franchise QB with a big arm  make it easy to justify the pick.

9.    Bengals – Rueben Foster, LB Alabama  Burfict needs a more athletic partner inside, this would create the meanest, nastiest ILB duo in the NFL. Also, the Bengals are a team that we know won't be scared off by character concerns. Mike Williams was tempting here but Cinci needs to aid the defense that was the key to past playoff runs, WRs will be around later 

10.  Raiders  (from Bills) – Jonathan Allen, DT/DE Alabama    The Bills need lots of help, the Raiders feel they are on the cusp. With Allen, a guy who is a legit top 3 talent player sliding to 10, the Raiders get aggressive and offer a big package to the Bills. Allen is crazy versatile and the Raiders run a diverse set of defensive packages so this is match made in heaven. 

11.    Saints – Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee   Opinions on Barnett vary, but he seems like a smart fit for a Saints team in need of help at DE. 

12.    Browns – Jamal Adams, S LSU  The Browns get lucky and may have landed the 2 best players in the draft. The only reason I had Adams slipping was that poor 40 day at the combine. I know he was really fast at his LSU Pro Day, but I tend to discount Pro Day numbers, they are always fast. I think it's hard to justify a lower value position like safety in the top ten when he isn't a top end athlete. 4.56 40 and 31 inc vert didn't cut it. 

13.    Cardinals – Gareon Conley, CB tOSU  Cards need a cover guy to play across from Peterson, Conley checks every box for a 1st round corner

14.    Colts – Ryan Ramczyk, OT Wisconsin    Seems high based on what many think of the tackle class, but we saw this offseason how desperate teams are for OL help so I think the top linemen come off the board often in the 1st round since options are limited. Colts have to protect Luck. Ramcyk can slide into RT. 

15.    Eagles (from Vikings) – Christian McCaffery, RB Stanford      Smallwood isn't going to cut it as a feature back, so McCaffery can immediately add excitement to the running game and be a safety valve for a young developing QB that was prone to forcing too many bad throws on broken plays

16.    Ravens – Haason Reddick, LB Temple     The Ravens have the best luck and the best drafts. It has happened again as they fall face first into their next great versatile LB that can cover, run and rush. 

17.    Redskins – Obi Melifonwu , S UConn   Skins have a hole at safety and for whatever reason they strike me as a team that would fall head over heels with Obi's video game combine numbers. 

18.    Titans – Marlon Humphrey, CB Alabama   The Titans are building something great. They got their pass catcher on offense in Davis and now their pass defender. Humphrey is a super talented CB and all 32 teams in the league that wouldn love the chance to mold him into a starting corner. 

19.    Buccaneers – David Njoku, TE Miami  The Bucs really want to do everything they can to ensure the success of Winston. Njoku will give Winston a big option over the middle. 

20.    Broncos – Garret Bolles, OT Utah  Broncos need a tackle to start now.

21.   Cowboys (from Lions)  – Mike Williams, WR Clemson  My guess is here the Lions wouldn't be in love with any single player left on the board and would be willing to move back. I can definitely see Jerry Jones mouth watering over Mike Williams and being willing move up to get him. Zeke, Dak, Dez, Mike Will? Forget the triplets, Jerry has got the quadruplets. 

22.    Dolphins – Taco Charlton, DE Michigan   Taco has the looks, but isn't the athlete or the producer you would have expected, thats why he is able to fall to the Fins. I think Taco is more of a strong side DE, a guy to set the edge and provide ok pass rush. 

24.    Bills (from Raiders)  – Tre'Davious White CB LSU   The trade pays off for the Bills as they still get a top level CB prospect which is something they are desperate for. 

25.    Texans – DeShone Kizer QB ND  Texans are in win now mode but still don't have a NFL quality QB on the roster. I'm not sure Kizer is NFL ready, but what choice do the Texans have at this point? He is big, athletic and you don't have to do too much squinting to see a franchise QB (just ignore the fact he wasn't good in college). 

26.   Seahawks– Cam Robinson, OL Alabama  The desperation for OL is real and the Seahawks have to pull the trigger as Cam might be the last day 1 starting tackle left. 

27.    Falcons (from Chiefs) – Forrest Lamp, OL Western Kentucky  With the Packers in need of guards, Atlanta decides to make a move to get their guy and continue to build on their team strength. He will step into RG and make their offensive line even better than it was in 2016.

28.    Lions  (from Cowboys)–  Zach Cunningham, LB Vanderbilt    Zach is a fast rangy LB, he is athletic enough to play 3 downs. The Lions are desperate for both an athletic LB and a LB that can cover as they were eaten alive last year by teams completing short passes. Somewhat  of a disappointing pick as I don't think there is much value here and his tackling form needs work,  but it's a position of need and a player that has a unique athletic profile.

29.    Packers – Jabrill Peppers, S UM With versatile do it all Micah Hyde moving on, Peppers can step in and fill all those roles as well as provide a much needed pop to the return game. 

30.    Steelers – Tak McKinley, OLB UCLA   He seems to project perfectly as a classic Steelers 3-4 OLB. 

31.    Chiefs -  Dalvin Cook, FSU  The Chiefs showed last year with Tyreek that they can take a chance on a character guy and make it work. Alex Smith needs a healthy running game and Cook might be able to step in and do many of the things Jamal Charles once did. 

32.    49ers (from Saints)  – Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech Saints move back and add a later pick. San Fran moves up to make sure the Browns don't take Mahomes and to get the 5th year option. Mahomes might not be ready just yet, but Shanahan and Lynch have really long deals and can afford to be patient bringing Mahomes along. 
Round 2 

1 (33). Cleveland Browns - Adoree’ Jackson, CB   USC  Browns manage to bolster O-line and get really athletic on D in one offseason 

2 (34). Saints  (from 49ers)-  TJ Watt, DE Wisc    Saints need a lot of front 7 help , seems like a safe pick as Watt could play DE or OLB

3 (35). Jacksonville Jaguars - Dion Dawkins, OG   Temple  Will convert from tackle to guard to provide better pass protection for Bortles   

4 (36). Chicago Bears - Deshaun Watson, QB   Clemson  It's happening to Glennon again.  Bears were comfortable enough with Glennon to pass on a QB in Rd 1, but the price is too good to pass in Rd 2. 

5 (37). Los Angeles Rams - Charles Harris, DE/OLB Miss About 1/2 of their starting defense is going to be a FA after this year, Wade will want to get guys that fit his 3-4 and Harris can hopefully be the explosive edge pass rusher

6 (38). Los Angeles Chargers - Tim Williams, DE/OLB    Alabama   The Chargers are re-creating that Seahawks defense and now they have their future LEO to play the Cliff Avril role wide of the tackle to edge rush.

7 (39). New York Jets - Chidobe Awuzie, CB   Colorado   It's imperative they get someone to start from day 1. Chidobe is one of many CBs in this draft that has it all.    

8 (40). Carolina Panthers -   Alvin Kamara, RB    Tennessee   The goal of the draft was to get Cam help and they have done it with the speedster Ross and the versatile, athletic Kamara. 

9 (41). Cincinnati Bengals - Carlos Henderson, WR LaTech Losing Jones and Sanu as well as the continued injury struggles of Eiffert stalled the offense so why not add a WR with some juice? Green is the freak, Boyd is the solid possession WR which allows Henderson to use his quickness to terrorize teams in the slot with his YAC skills. 

10 (42). New Orleans Saints - Quincy Wilson, CB Florida  Another major defensive hole filled

11 (43). Philadelphia Eagles - Cordrea Tankersly, CB Clemson  Damn there are a lot of 6 foot plus corners with 4.4 speed in this draft 

12 (44). Buffalo Bills - Chris Godwin, WR Penn State  By passing on a wide receiver and trading back, it was essential they get someone to play across from Sammy. Godwin has been a fast riser. His size and speed provides Tyrod another big play threat. 

13 (45). Arizona Cardinals - Evan Engram, TE/WR    Ole Miss    At first glance this might seem like a silly pick since the Cardinals don't really use a pass catching TE. However, I don't think Engram is a TE. Instead, he's a big athletic slot WR that can take over for Larry Fitzgerald. Like Larry, he has the size to beat up on corners and the athleticism to escape linebackers. 

14 (46). Indianapolis Colts - Jordan Willis, DE  Kansas State   Colts have no edge pass rush threat and Willis' athletic profile projects to be the best pass rusher left 

15 (47).  Baltimore Ravens - Antonio Garcia, OT Troy  With Wagner moving to Detroit, their is an immediate hole at RT. He is described as athletic with good feet, but perhaps lacks some bulk 

16 (48). Minnesota Vikings - OG/OT  Taylor Moton Western Michigan  Pretty obvious they need a starting guard after the debacle that was 2016.   

17 (49). Washington Redskins - Joe Mixon,  RB  Oklahoma     They already have the most controversial name, why not the draft's most controversial player as well? Mixon would EAT in this offense. 

18 (50). Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Jones, S NC State- Big, fast and loves to hit. Has a lot of work to do beyond that, but it fills a need for Tampa. 

19 (51). Denver Broncos - Malik McDowell DT/DE Michigan State  It had to happen eventually. It sounds like he has some real personality concerns, but no doubt the talent is there to get the interior run D back on track. 

20 (52). Cleveland Browns - Adam Shaheen, TE Ashland  A monster of a man with a basketball players feet. Gary Barnidge will be 32 in September so now is the time to get his replacement. 

21 (53). Detroit Lions - Curtis Samuel, RB/WR   tOSU   Really tough call here as there are a pair of safeties left that I really think Detroit could use and the idea of paring Cunningham with Jarrad Davis is exciting. However, Samuel fills 3 roles for Deroit: speed to stretch defenses, RB to share reps with Ameer and return specialist. For me he's a potential 200 pound Tyreek Hill.

22 (54). Miami Dolphins - Jarrad Davis, OLB   Florida   Miami, meet your new Strong side LB tacking machine

23 (55). New York Giants - Jordan Leggett, TE Clemson   There are a few tweener TEs  on the board, but Leggett is no tweener. He has NFL TE size. Concerns over toughness exist, but it has been awhile since the Giants had a TE with this kind of potential. 

24 (56). Buffalo Bills (from Raiders) -  Nathan Peterman,  QB Pitt  It is pretty clear that the Bills don't think much of Tyrod and would be happy to see him replaced. 

25 (57). Houston Texans - Dan Feeney, G  Indiana   Their offensive line didn't really impress me much, their rookie QB will need all the time he can get back there

26 (58). Seattle Seahawks -  Kevin King, CB Washington  The exact long physical press corner that Seattle loves

27 (59). Kansas City Chiefs -  Ahkello Witherspoon, CB Colorado  Freakish size/speed/vert combo, but questionable physicality 

28 (60). Dallas Cowboys - Budda Baker, S Washington They lost two starting safeties so this is a big win to land a safety of Baker's caliber this late. 

29 (61). Green Bay Packers - Kareem Hunt, RB  Toledo  Maybe they are fine with CMike and Ty Montgomery, but that's hard for me to imagine. Ted Thompson has shown he is comfortable drafting RBs in rounds 2-3. As for why Hunt and not Foreman? Hunt had a size, shiftiness, pass catching skills. He strikes me as a nice fit for the offense. 

30 (62). Pittsburgh Steelers - Jourdan Lewis, CB    Michigan    Due to size limitations, he might only end up being a slot corner but he's one of the best man to man shadow defenders out there and he's not afraid to mix it up in the run game

31 (63). Atlanta Falcons - Desmond King, CB/S   Iowa   King was the best corner in college football in 2015. However, his size and lack of athleticism project him as more of a safety. He is a ball hawk and plays the run well. 

32 (64). Carolina Panthers - Carl Lawson, DE    Auburn  The Panthers D-line is pretty old and shaky so some young blood is needed 

CB is definitely a need, but Lattimore isn't graded as well as those two d-lineman. Not to mention that the drop-off in CBs by the next round isn't close to the DL drop-off. However, this is John Lynch as GM, so you never know.
Good points, I think some of my mocking attempts to account at times for the stupidity of the teams. But looking at how loaded the 2nd round is with DBs and not so much with 4-3 lineman, Lattimore isn't a smart pick in the top 5. 

Users who are viewing this thread