What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420 (3 Viewers)

I don't get leagues like this.
What is there to get?  It allows you to make a change if you get an injury and to get other SP into the lineup that have starts over the weekend if you don't have two start guys going but it doesn't make it so you have to be on all the time to make daily changes. 

Epic Problem said:
Trader Jerry

You'd think all of that activity would net the Ms something in the pipeline. Instead, they're just getting piped.
Dipoto inherited a thin farm system from Jack Z.  The Mariners had a very poor run with top draft picks.  Danny Hultzen was a can't miss prospect who got hurt.  Ackley, DJ Peterson and Alex Jackson just weren't as good as advertised.  Mike Zunino is a success story by Mariners standards.

Most of his trades have been at or near the major league level.  I assume he's getting marching orders from ownership to put a competitive team on the field now rather than to build for the future.  A lot of the trades seem like shuffling assets to fill short-term gaps.  The Chris Taylor trade is the obvious outlier but he wasn't the same player at the time and may not have developed in Seattle. 

Dipoto inherited a thin farm system from Jack Z.  The Mariners had a very poor run with top draft picks.  Danny Hultzen was a can't miss prospect who got hurt.  Ackley, DJ Peterson and Alex Jackson just weren't as good as advertised.  Mike Zunino is a success story by Mariners standards.

Most of his trades have been at or near the major league level.  I assume he's getting marching orders from ownership to put a competitive team on the field now rather than to build for the future.  A lot of the trades seem like shuffling assets to fill short-term gaps.  The Chris Taylor trade is the obvious outlier but he wasn't the same player at the time and may not have developed in Seattle. 
What on earth would make you say that? ;)

Maybe they can convince Wladimir Balentien to come back from Japan.  What's Miguel Olivo up to these days?  Adam Moore?  Little Unit Ryan Anderson?  

Why don't you let us know what the hell went on in that slap fight between two Milwaukee sports reporters over a mediocre looking female reporter?  Is this real life Anchor Man stuff?
Haha, I just heard about that this morning. The female and her boyfriend work at different, competing stations. The one who punched her boyfriend works with her. Pretty funny stuff

Frankie Cervelli hits a bomb deep into the cold Chicago air, Ivan Nova puts in yeoman's work and the Pirates' train rolls on. Now they've beaten the Reds, the Tigers, the Twins and the Cubs' 5th starter.

Roberto Osuna is the youngest ever to 100 saves, at 23 years, 62 days old. Next youngest was Francisco Rodriguez at 24 years, 246 days old.

I don't think this is that remarkable because most 20 year olds with stuff like Osuna are starters (and in the minors) and should be, but if he were to stay healthy/effective, could put up some interesting career totals...

I know there is a big rivalry between New York and Boston but it is an utter disgrace that the Boston Police haven’t been called to Fenway Park yet because the Red Sox are killing the Yankees.

Roberto Osuna is the youngest ever to 100 saves, at 23 years, 62 days old. Next youngest was Francisco Rodriguez at 24 years, 246 days old.

I don't think this is that remarkable because most 20 year olds with stuff like Osuna are starters (and in the minors) and should be, but if he were to stay healthy/effective, could put up some interesting career totals...
With Francisco Rodriguez getting released by the Phillies this year, his long career may finally be at its end.  As NV said, it's still rare for MLB closers to be that young.  Organizations give prospects opportunities to fail in starter roles and even when converted to relievers, there are economic reasons to keep pre-arb pitchers in lower leverage roles.

It's even rarer for a closer to survive as long as K-rod did.  Every fantasy owner knows it's a volatile position.  Rodriguez had to adjust to the inevitable loss of velocity.  This 2015 Fangraphs article has the details of how he changed his repertoire over the years. 

The most amazing thing to me is how he managed to avoid injury.  He never missed a season.  He only pitched 46 innings in 2013 but I vaguely recall him not signing until after the season started.  For a guy with as violent a delivery as he did to remain healthy for 15 seasons is pretty remarkable.

D'Arnaud torn UCL. For a guy who was a major piece in trades for Halladay and Syndergaard, injuries have really taken a toll on his career.

I guess Wainwright's pitch count must have been pretty low since he made it through 7 and was still only at 91.

He's on the hook for the loss unless the Brewers' bullpen blows it again but all in all, it was a much better start than I expected.

Besides Ohtani, the Angels as a team are red hot. Winning again 5-1 tonight, about to sweep Texas in Arlington. 

The Angels have won every series and are off to their best start in years. And Trout isn’t even hitting well yet. 

Besides Ohtani, the Angels as a team are red hot. Winning again 5-1 tonight, about to sweep Texas in Arlington. 

The Angels have won every series and are off to their best start in years. And Trout isn’t even hitting well yet. 
Skaggs has been excellent and Richards seems OK back the tail end of their rotation is much weaker than Houston's

Users who are viewing this thread