What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420 (1 Viewer)

Really? Looked to me like the Rays guy slid way short of the bag in order to get him. Or maybe he was sliding way short of the bag to avoid PRofar? I couldn't tell.
Slid way short of the bag to not get nailed in the face with a throw is what I see. Something I consider common practice. Meanwhile, an inexperienced SS isn't using his protection, which is the bag and putting himself in harms way by stepping right into the baseline. 

These Facebook only games can eat my ###.
Sportsnet basically telling angry fans to email MLB is good shtick. Every Jays game is broadcast nationally and they regularly get 1 million plus viewers, this is a joke.

@Sportsnet

Due to MLB restrictions, today's Kansas City Royals vs. Toronto Blue Jays game is not available for Sportsnet to broadcast. This game remains available on the Sportsnet Radio Network. All questions and comments should be directed to MLB audience relations at csresponse@mlb.com.

Haven't heard much about Riggleman since he quit to solve the world's problems at Caddie's.  Guess he'll be doing the same at the Cincy equivalent before long.

Back to this one.... 1,196 was the number of times a team allowed their SP to get through the opposing lineup 3 times last year. Comes out to about 40 times per team. 

That number is about 1/2 of what it was in I believe he said 2003.  
And yet guys still whine for QS to be a stat. As a whole last year, every SP averaged only 5 2/3 innings per start last year, not even a QS and that number will go down this year.

smh

And yet guys still whine for QS to be a stat. As a whole last year, every SP averaged only 5 2/3 innings per start last year, not even a QS and that number will go down this year.

smh
Do you want to take a wild guess at the number of saves there were last year? 

Dear mlb.tv,

I get that business is rough. I'm actually fine with having to watch a 30 second ad before I can watch any game on your service that I pay for even though you black out 5 mlb teams. I know that I live 6 hours from an MLB park and only 1 of those teams available no matter what local cable channels I were to have. I think it's annoying that I have to watch an ad every time I change games, which makes switching between annoying. But I get it. I'm happy to support the sport.

BUT DOES IT HAVE TO BE THE SAME ####### AD EVERY ### #### TIME?!?!?!?!!?

I would rather rot in hell while Tony LaRussa butt####s my corpse than ever have a Samsung Galaxy or associate with anyone who would ever have one. I don't give one #### what your brother or your sister or your best friend's girl has to say about it. I would rather suck Bud Selig dry than ever have to sit through that abortion of a commercial again.

Big fan,

Rirruto

Last edited by a moderator:
Dylan Bundy sure looks good this year, think he might finally be putting it all together.  He showed flashes of his brilliance last year early and late, but he had a big old donut hole in the middle of his season where he was gross.  Camden and the AL East probably cap his fantasy value as a #2 SP, but he has ace stuff for sure. 

I don't think the AL East is that much of a factor in the grand scheme of things.  The Yankees and Red Sox are good offensive teams but last year, the CLE/MIN and HOU/TEX combos outscored them. 

I don't think the AL East is that much of a factor in the grand scheme of things.  The Yankees and Red Sox are good offensive teams but last year, the CLE/MIN and HOU/TEX combos outscored them. 
Yeah but having to pitch in that clown car of a stadium in the Bronx, then Fenway and Rogers Centre which are usually in the top ten in runs allowed, and then half your games in Camden, as a fly ball pitcher...well that's tough.  Now imagine he pitched for the Padres or Royals. 

Users who are viewing this thread