What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420 (1 Viewer)

Great seeing Jason Stark get some MLBN time

During his segment, he brought up this number, 1,196.

Anyone that didn't see it care to take a guess as to what it represents?

YOUR KIDS ARE FAT! 

YOUR MOM HAS A WOODEN LEG!

YOUR JOB IS A DEAD END!

A friend of mine died today of Pancreatic cancer, he was 50.  Not a good friend but a nice guy who I worked with for four years in the military, and someone who didn't deserve to die that.  Life is short, enjoy it and hug your friends, family, and brats.  Seems dumb to argue about a Pablo Sandoval joke on an internet forum, we move on. 

Baseball is great, life is great, chicks who eat lots of cupcakes are great!  I'm out for tonight, sorry if I helped derail the thread. 
I'm sorry for your loss, GB. 

The DH rule is optional in the AL. Nothing that says Ohtani can't bat on the day he pitches.

Of course, if he does, the pitcher must bat the rest of the game. Can you imagine the horror if they tried something like that in MLB?
College used to allow for you to be the DH for yourself.  So if you were the SP you could also be DH and then if you went out of the game as a pitcher you could remain in the game as the DH for whoever came in to pitch.  I am not sure if you can still do that or if MLB would allow that but it would be one way to make that work. 

College used to allow for you to be the DH for yourself.  So if you were the SP you could also be DH and then if you went out of the game as a pitcher you could remain in the game as the DH for whoever came in to pitch.  I am not sure if you can still do that or if MLB would allow that but it would be one way to make that work. 
I know we used to do the same in high school, although we also used to be able to DH for anyone on the field. I thought what you said was the case in NCAA, but I couldn't remember for sure.

I wonder if this is an interesting loophole that would allow Ohtani to DH on days that he pitches ... or whether the Angels even want to try to do that.

The pace of play improvement idea is good schtick. The Cubs and Milwaukee game is entering hour number three, and the seventh inning has yet to complete. 

So you're allowed to completely block home plate?

Don't get me wrong it was a great play by Orioles

Last edited by a moderator:
Cubs are just an embarrassment. First not making up the game in Cincy, when they both had an off day at their disposal, now canceling opening day when baseball is being played 10 miles south 

Cubs are just an embarrassment. First not making up the game in Cincy, when they both had an off day at their disposal, now canceling opening day when baseball is being played 10 miles south 
I was wondering why the Sox are playing and the Cubs are postponed. wtf?

You both are being ##### here but you definitely started this.  
Lord knows Ive had my run ins with both of them, but I respect both of them and think we're ok now..... but I disagree here shuke. I took it as EP was making a joke, nothing serious. Dr.D took it the wrong way or I missed stuff between them in the past.

Let's make up, I hate when borthers are fighting.

Yes, I'm Hipp;ing here, sorry

Don't forget about the fake rainout last year against the Brewers.

Lord knows Ive had my run ins with both of them, but I respect both of them and think we're ok now..... but I disagree here shuke. I took it as EP was making a joke, nothing serious. Dr.D took it the wrong way or I missed stuff between them in the past.

We’re good now, I didn’t even rub in the Tigers sweeping the White Sox. :toosoon: 

Dude this was like a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread