What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420 (3 Viewers)

This thread turned weird.  Never had a problem with Limp ditka, but Doctor Detroit is awesome so no idea why someone would have issue with him.  And GM on a Mariner rant is great GM.  And Pablo Sandoval?  Who doesn't like a fat third baseman

/When life goes wrong
It's ok. I'm here for your venting needs.
Again, here is the troll in you and this is our problem.  Why you feel you have to say my life is terrible or I'm a drunk because you're acting like a tool is ####ed up.  I don't get it at all, and we've been through a decade of banter.  My life is absolutely great and I don't drink on Wednesdays, but whatever. 

Again, here is the troll in you and this is our problem.  Why you feel you have to say my life is terrible or I'm a drunk because you're acting like a tool is ####ed up.  I don't get it at all, and we've been through a decade of banter.  My life is absolutely great and I don't drink on Wednesdays, but whatever. 
Again... I didn't start the trolling. I asked an honest question. Why it escalated from there is a question you'll have to answer. And save yourself the keystrokes, I'm not looking for that answer. I don't care why it did, I'm just stating that facts.

YOUR KIDS ARE FAT! 

YOUR MOM HAS A WOODEN LEG!

YOUR JOB IS A DEAD END!

A friend of mine died today of Pancreatic cancer, he was 50.  Not a good friend but a nice guy who I worked with for four years in the military, and someone who didn't deserve to die that.  Life is short, enjoy it and hug your friends, family, and brats.  Seems dumb to argue about a Pablo Sandoval joke on an internet forum, we move on. 

Baseball is great, life is great, chicks who eat lots of cupcakes are great!  I'm out for tonight, sorry if I helped derail the thread. 

So, I've made 12 MLB bets this year, and I'm sitting at exactly 0-12. And after soccer, hockey and college football this is the only other sport I really pay attention too. :mellow:

On a positive note, I have watched less than 10 minutes of NBA this year.  My son loves basketball so I did one of those $250 Yahoo Pro Leagues with him drafting and me running the team.  We're in first with 4 game left.  wtf.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if I told you Werth was actually employed. And it was by the Mariners! :)  They signed him to a minor league deal at the end of ST.
The Angels just signed Dustin Ackley.

If Ackley manages to put together some kind of career in Anaheim, that would be one of the most Marinersey thing ever.

Again... I didn't start the trolling. I asked an honest question. Why it escalated from there is a question you'll have to answer. And save yourself the keystrokes, I'm not looking for that answer. I don't care why it did, I'm just stating that facts.
You both are being ##### here but you definitely started this.  

You both are being ##### here but you definitely started this.  
I did what now? I simply asked him if he was lagging behind on the viewing of the SF/SEA game because when he posted what he did about Pablo, he had already had another AB in which he homered. 

And in response I was called a bag of #####.

No you bag of ####, I'm just stating what happened today. 
This from someone that has shown nothing but animosity towards me for the last year or so. 

But you go right ahead and think that I'm the one that started things. 

I did what now? I simply asked him if he was lagging behind on the viewing of the SF/SEA game because when he posted what he did about Pablo, he had already had another AB in which he homered. 

And in response I was called a bag of #####.

This from someone that has shown nothing but animosity towards me for the last year or so. 

But you go right ahead and think that I'm the one that started things. 
Like I said, you both are being ##### here. But you initiated the first communication between the two of you, with someone you know you have a history with, with what could definitely be perceived as a post with the sole intent of poking the bear. 

Im not condoning his response, but stop acting like you’re innocent here. 

Just both of you stop. No one wants to read this ####. 

Like I said, you both are being ##### here. But you initiated the first communication between the two of you, with someone you know you have a history with, with what could definitely be perceived as a post with the sole intent of poking the bear. 

Im not condoning his response, but stop acting like you’re innocent here. 

Just both of you stop. No one wants to read this ####. 
I'm not going to tiptoe around anyone. I know the intent of my question and I know it didn't warrant the scorn it somehow provoked. If he doesn't want to be asked questions, maybe he should just refrain from posting.

lol... MLB network did the same thing. Tuesday they were talking about when it will be time to sit Ohtani down and make him only concentrate on pitching. Wednesday they are discussing what the Angels need to do to get his bat in the lineup more, including the day before and the day he actually pitches:lmao:  
The DH rule is optional in the AL. Nothing that says Ohtani can't bat on the day he pitches.

Of course, if he does, the pitcher must bat the rest of the game. Can you imagine the horror if they tried something like that in MLB?

The DH rule is optional in the AL. Nothing that says Ohtani can't bat on the day he pitches.

Of course, if he does, the pitcher must bat the rest of the game. Can you imagine the horror if they tried something like that in MLB?
Or they could DH for someone else, but then probably have to double-switch if there's a pitching change, right?  Could they then DH for the relief pitcher?

Bullpen day is literally the only good thing the Rays have going for them. This crap team is going to start a new trend. 

Bullpen day is literally the only good thing the Rays have going for them. This crap team is going to start a new trend. 
Cleveland did it a lot last year with good success IIRC. Not the worst idea early in season. Tandem starters is probably gonna be more popular too I would think.

Cleveland did it a lot last year with good success IIRC. Not the worst idea early in season. Tandem starters is probably gonna be more popular too I would think.
It really does make sense. Especially if you don’t have a decent back end of the rotation. 

I've been staying away from the complaining about cold weather schedules but no late West Coast starts on a Thursday night is ridiculous

I've been staying away from the complaining about cold weather schedules but no late West Coast starts on a Thursday night is ridiculous
Yeah as a late night guy, I was disappointed to see this earlier.  Couldn't imagine living on left coast at anytime during season and not having a 7 pm game. 

This is dumb, but not nearly as dumb as the Tigers opening the season with six home games, then six road games at Chicago and Cleveland.  MLB hates the AL Central. 

Have the Tigers played a night game yet?
Yeah against the Pirates because they got rained out, and had to play a split double header.  Stupid, just stupid.  They should have just played a traditional double header given the weather and circumstances.  The White Sox played 44 double headers in 1943, and then they'd just grant access to the park for both games.  Tigers got 15k the other night for each of those two games, they probably would have averaged 25k and a happier customer had they played back to back. 

Baseball has so many games there are opportunities to please fans, to do the right thing, to not worry about the bottom line.  The Tigers missed this chance, and others did too, but not even considering a natural double header. 

I didn't realize the Tigers Pirates double header was split.  I watched part of the night cap and there were dozens of fans left in the stands. 

Eephus said:
These Canucks are all so arrogant with their cold tolerance.  :rolleyes:

ByDavidMurphy
Nick Pivetta, when asked by a reporter if the cold affected his pitching during the Phillies home opener: “I’m from Canada.”

Users who are viewing this thread