What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420 (2 Viewers)

More Jayson Stark fun....

Clayton Richard got the only hit for the Friars last night and it was as a pinch hitter. 1st time since 1900  that a pitcher pinch hitting accounted for the only hit a team got in a nine inning game.

Also, this was the second time this year that a team was held to one hit, with the pitcher accounting for the team's only hit. Taillon gave up his only hit to Lively in his one hitter. 

Great seeing Jason Stark get some MLBN time

During his segment, he brought up this number, 1,196.

Anyone that didn't see it care to take a guess as to what it represents?
Back to this one.... 1,196 was the number of times a team allowed their SP to get through the opposing lineup 3 times last year. Comes out to about 40 times per team. 

That number is about 1/2 of what it was in I believe he said 2003.  

Back to this one.... 1,196 was the number of times a team allowed their SP to get through the opposing lineup 3 times last year. Comes out to about 40 times per team. 

That number is about 1/2 of what it was in I believe he said 2003.  
Gabe Kapler likes this

Last edited by a moderator:
Historic Cubs comeback with a 9 run 8th included: 2 HBP, 5 BB, 1 WP, a double, a single and an infield single.

My son had little league practice during the day then I had errands to run. Come home to see yanks got rained out and so I didn't miss a thing. Love when that happens. 

Epic Problem said:
This weather stuff is getting stupid
Both games of Yankee-Tigers DH postponed. Then the Yankees come home to play Miami and it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. They'll go 4 days without playing a game.

After they signed him, I bought tickets for all the Sunday LAA@Astros games.

Also have tickets for next Tue/Wed

Not gonna lie. The Padres are kind of interesting. Not sure if Lucchesi is good or if the Giants just really suck though. 
At a minimum, he's deceptive and I think there is a decent enough chance that he's good.  He also pitched well in Coors the last outing (though I think Blackmon may have been out).  Padres management raves about him and it doesn't hurt that he pitches in Petco.  He was my consolation prize to losing out on Junis and I couldn't be happier.  The wheels may eventually fall out but I still like his chances to be pretty good.  Outside of the big 4, pitching is so damn unpredictable anyways (although I think Cole and Verlander are probably in that stud category).

Cubs are just an embarrassment. First not making up the game in Cincy, when they both had an off day at their disposal, now canceling opening day when baseball is being played 10 miles south 
10% chance of precipitation tonight and already a PPD next to it. Poor Cubbies can't play in the cold. 

Jays game in danger of being postponed due to snow/ice falling off the Rogers Centre and being potential risk. On one hand I'm getting really sick of these cancelled games (this would be 3 in a row after both in Cleveland were postponed), on the other, with Donaldson on the DL, it's kind of good timing.

Jays game in danger of being postponed due to snow/ice falling off the Rogers Centre and being potential risk. On one hand I'm getting really sick of these cancelled games (this would be 3 in a row after both in Cleveland were postponed), on the other, with Donaldson on the DL, it's kind of good timing.
:angry:  

Unless they double up Tues or Wed, that pushes Sanchez into facing NYY instead of KC

A pole:

In the last ten days or so what percentage of your roster has had either DL or PPD next to the players name? 

It was 25% every day and a couple over 50%. 

A pole:

In the last ten days or so what percentage of your roster has had either DL or PPD next to the players name? 

It was 25% every day and a couple over 50%. 
Heavily invested in White Sox and Yankee players. Sprinkle in a Twin and a Tiger and it’s been ridiculous. 

Doubleheader tomorrow KC at Toronto.   All four SPs are left handed.  There's less than a 1% chance of that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread