What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (1 Viewer)

My only other options are Wright and Kenny G, so I have no choice but to stick with him, but between him and Dez, definitely lowering my expectations this week.

Why can't Diggs still have a good game? How bad is Keenum?

Keenum had good games in STL with Fisher as his coach while throwing to Britt, Quick and Austin. I can't think of a harder situation to thrive in. He gave Britt his first 1,000 yard season. He's a downgrade for sure but like, he's probably better than some current starters in the league. I feel like there are far worse back-up situations in the NFL.

The unknown is scary but this is still a good match-up for Diggs and MIN will probably be playing from behind.

Keenum had good games in STL with Fisher as his coach while throwing to Britt, Quick and Austin. I can't think of a harder situation to thrive in. He gave Britt his first 1,000 yard season. He's a downgrade for sure but like, he's probably better than some current starters in the league. I feel like there are far worse back-up situations in the NFL.

The unknown is scary but this is still a good match-up for Diggs and MIN will probably be playing from behind.
my thoughts too. Diggs should see a lot of targets. 

Is this really a great matchup for the MN passing game though?

If anybody, I expect Rudolph and Thielen, working out of the slot, to have better games than Diggs, but even then I'm not feeling great about that. Especially considering Keenum likely hasn't had much prep time this week as the starter.

Still waffling between Diggs and Corey Davis in my flex, and probably will until kick-off.

Is this really a great matchup for the MN passing game though?

If anybody, I expect Rudolph and Thielen, working out of the slot, to have better games than Diggs, but even then I'm not feeling great about that. Especially considering Keenum likely hasn't had much prep time this week as the starter.

Still waffling between Diggs and Corey Davis in my flex, and probably will until kick-off.
For MIN? No.

For Diggs? Yeah.

He'll be lining up against Haden for a majority of his snaps. Haden is turrible.

I have a solid alternative (Crabtree) to slot in for Diggs, so I am going with him. But the facts here are interesting. Truthfully, in the end, I dont need a boom-bust option here, which is what Diggs has become with the QB situation here.

Might well work out fine, but dont like the odds of Diggs > Crabtree this week.

Depending on your own options, consider benching him. OR if you need the boom consider starting Diggs?

Week 2 of a Bradford-less Vikings offense.

For those with Diggs, who are you contemplating benching him for/starting him over? 

Tampa Bay ate Glennon alive last week, but they showed they were more susceptible to the aerial attack than anything coming at them on the ground, allowing only 1.25 yards per carry on 16 collective carries, but 301 yards on 45 attempts through the air. Not glowing numbers, but the Bears managed better through the air than they did on the ground against Tampa.

In spite of that, I'm probably moving Diggs out of my flex, and throwing in Buck Allen (against JAX) or CJ2K (against DAL). Likely Allen, but I think both will fare better than Diggs with Keenum under center.

My only pause with this is that Keenum has a full week with the first team offense under his belt to prepare for this game. Even then though, Keenum averaged only 8.35 yards a completions last week, so I see better games for Rudolph and Thielen (out of the slot), who will act as safety blankets for Keenum as he checks down. I also expect Keenum to be under a heavy amount of pressure (which I don't think he handles well), with guys like Spence, McCoy and Gholston in Keenum's face all day, meaning Diggs lengthier routes won't have time to develop.

Bummer for Diggs. That kid is truly a phenomenal talent. Hopefully Bridgewater comes back off of IR mid-season at full health and gives Diggs a reasonable chance at success in the second half of the season.

I'm leaving Thielen in over Diggs and running with Derrick Henry/McCaffery over him in the flex. Also would probably roll with Buck Allen over him just on volume. 

Hopefully they play more to Keenum's strength (I use the term loosely, maybe replace it with masking his weaknesses). Keenum was top 10 for air yards per attempt last week. Seeing as Keenum has very little arm strength that was not smart game planning.

Edit to add: really trying not to freak out and package him for another WR. If Bradford has a bone bruise, it's not surprising it's a multi week issue. I think it is playing with him some psychologically due to it being the same restructured knee. If he's back in next week, no worries. That being said it's hard to take on water this early in the season due to stuff like this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully they play more to Keenum's strength (I use the term loosely, maybe replace it with masking his weaknesses). Keenum was top 10 for air yards per attempt last week. Seeing as Keenum has very little arm strength that was not smart game planning.

Edit to add: really trying not to freak out and package him for another WR. If Bradford has a bone bruise, it's not surprising it's a multi week issue. I think it is playing with him some psychologically due to it being the same restructured knee. If he's back in next week, no worries. That being said it's hard to take on water this early in the season due to stuff like this.
There's a rumor going around that Bradford needs surgery. I'm assuming the worst.

As for Diggs, last week's performance is a little deceiving. He had a 15 yard catch negated by a holding penalty. He also had a 23 yard catch negated by an OPI call that looked like complete bull#### to me. Finally, he had a 22 yard tip toe sideline catch ruled incomplete. It was challenged and upheld but it honestly looked like a completion to me. With a little variance Diggs could've been looking at a 5/87/0 line last week.

Keenum is no doubt a downgrade and if Bradford's injury is serious my season long outlook on Diggs has soured but I think he can still be flex worthy. 

There's a rumor going around that Bradford needs surgery. I'm assuming the worst.

As for Diggs, last week's performance is a little deceiving. He had a 15 yard catch negated by a holding penalty. He also had a 23 yard catch negated by an OPI call that looked like complete bull#### to me. Finally, he had a 22 yard tip toe sideline catch ruled incomplete. It was challenged and upheld but it honestly looked like a completion to me. With a little variance Diggs could've been looking at a 5/87/0 line last week.

Keenum is no doubt a downgrade and if Bradford's injury is serious my season long outlook on Diggs has soured but I think he can still be flex worthy. 
As a Diggs owner that info made me feel good...that being said I can't say I like the fact his value is tied into Sam Bradford being healthy...

The news on Bradford came about 12 hours too late - I have Sammy Watkins sitting on the bench!   

That being said, I need to decide between Diggs w/ Keenum or Dez against the Cards.    It will probably come down to the wire for me like last week to make a decision (likely the wrong one ?)

The news on Bradford came about 12 hours too late - I have Sammy Watkins sitting on the bench!   

That being said, I need to decide between Diggs w/ Keenum or Dez against the Cards.    It will probably come down to the wire for me like last week to make a decision (likely the wrong one ?)
Same here....would have rolled with Watkins knowing this.....darn TNF....

For me Dez no question 

I started him where I had him, but admittedly didn't have many choices. When I saw that all of Alexander, Baker, Smith and especially Grimes were inactive, it made my choice a bit easier. 

How are you people not autostarting Diggs every week? I'm confused. 
Would've loved to see you post this before the fact.

I benched him last week and got rewarded. This game didn't look world's different. No one expected Keenum to start bombing it with success. Having said that, I'll probably auto-start Diggs the rest of the way. He's too capable of a big play on any given snap. 

I think the most important take away from this game is that Keenum is quite clearly not the worst back-up in the league. I still think he's an obvious downgrade from Bradford and that a lot of what we saw today was due to an absolutely depleted TB defense but it could be so much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread