What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Laviska Shenault Jr. - SEA (1 Viewer)

Willing to take all Shenault shares when dropped...Redraft/Dynasty/Keeper...See ya in the playoffs.
I’d love to hear why. I honestly didn’t own him anywhere last year and don’t watch much Jags football. So just curious what we are looking at. He just got dropped to the wire in my league and looking heartily at WR depth or upside any chance I can get.

One bad week and people are bailing already? Yikes.  He has had 17 target in two weeks, had a double digit Week 1 in PPR, and Lawrence is likely to improve as the season goes on.   He has hold written all over him, not drop. 

He’s a stud #1 wr they just need to find their offensive identity. We’ll see blips of what he will become but I don’t think he’ll be very valuable this year maybe in spurts. His value will come as Lawrence grows and gets better. If you’re in a dynasty league grab him low soon 

Rostered in one league (redraft). I'm either holding or dropping Shenault with a 10% FAAB bid on R.Moore. 
Leaning hold. 

In another league (also redraft), debating between picking up Laviska, R.Moore, or D.Mooney and dropping N.Algolor. Leaning Laviska because no one in this league will bid and it will be for next to no FAAB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dumped him in both leagues I had him.....non ppr so I don't get a buncha point for 7 receptions for 40 yards.....you know, like it should be.

I still like him, but their coach is a bum.

I dumped him in both leagues I had him.....non ppr so I don't get a buncha point for 7 receptions for 40 yards.....you know, like it should be.

I still like him, but their coach is a bum.
Similar here.  Just had more needs (and Pollard was available in one).

I just can't trust Urb, a rookie QB, and having Chark and Jones Jr. as well.  Just seems tough to rely on for any consistency at the moment in that offense.

Laviska Shenault caught all four of his targets for 48 yards in the Jaguars' Week 3 loss to the Cardinals.

Even with James O'Shaughnessy (ankle) now out and I.R., Shenault still didn't see an uptick in usage. The four targets were his fewest of the season, and Shenault has just 13 catches for 95 scoreless yards on the year. The second-year wideout was fifth on the team with his four looks in this one. He'll be tough to trust as anything more than a WR4 next week against the Bengals.

Laviska Shenault caught 6-of-7 targets for 99 yards in the Jaguars' Week 4 loss to the Bengals, adding an 11-yard rush. 

D.J. Chark broke his ankle on the Jags' opening drive, leaving them no choice but to get Shenault more involved. He responded with the most receiving yards of his career, 52 of which came on a second quarter bomb where he corkscrewed CB Trae Waynes. Finally, some air yards. Shenault was looking dangerous after the catch tonight, frequently making the first man miss. It has been easier said than done with Shenault, but his increased important to the Jags' offense cannot be overstated following Chark's loss. Shenault deserves another WR3 chance for Week 5 against the Titans' undermanned defense. 

Oct 1, 2021, 12:01 AM ET

Drafted both figuring Jax would be in shootouts. Dropped Shenault b/c of no production and now Chark done...two MORE draft pics down the tubes. I will put a waiver in for Shenault though. Golden Boy has to throw it to SOMEBODY.

Drafted both figuring Jax would be in shootouts. Dropped Shenault b/c of no production and now Chark done...two MORE draft pics down the tubes. I will put a waiver in for Shenault though. Golden Boy has to throw it to SOMEBODY.
Hopefully they can adjust scheme to get Marvin to keep running intermediate and expand Shenault to intermediate and generate some YAC. that 50 yarder down field was a bit fluky but IDK if they can install Shenault in Chark's role...maybe. 

Jaguars OC Darrell Bevell said there will be a "bigger role" for Laviska Shenault with D.J. Chark (fractured ankle) out.

Shenault produced his most receiving yards (99) of the year without Chark available for most of Thursday night but a majority of it came on a broken play where Shenault ran upfield for a 53-yard catch. Any 'bigger role' for him would have to include a higher depth of target than the 4.3 yards he averaged through Week 3 to provide value as a WR2/3 with explosive plays. The Titans are a terrific defense to start Shenault against anyhow since they've allowed the second-most fantasy points per game to opposing wideouts.

SOURCE: Chris Burke on Twitter

Oct 7, 2021, 12:05 PM ET

Flexing Laviska in over Miles Sanders. My only fear is that the Jags tank on Sunday to get Urban fired... but that seems farfetched. 

Shenault is a WR3? 10-team Top 30? 12-team Top 36? 

Hmmmm I'm not sure. Would you rather start DeVante Parker with Fuller OUT/IR or Shenault with Chark Out/IR? 

That would be a pretty good comparison or maybe where we stand right now, yes/no? Hard to get excited about any Jaguar right now and the road that is ahead of them with Urban or without the rest of the way. 

Hmmmm I'm not sure. Would you rather start DeVante Parker with Fuller OUT/IR or Shenault with Chark Out/IR? 

That would be a pretty good comparison or maybe where we stand right now, yes/no? Hard to get excited about any Jaguar right now and the road that is ahead of them with Urban or without the rest of the way. 
Titans CBs are pretty banged up IIRC. I'd rather go with Shenault v TEN than Parker v TB.

Titans CBs are pretty banged up IIRC. I'd rather go with Shenault v TEN than Parker v TB.
Since you took that challenge let me compare him to another 2nd year WR on the rise, Mooney from Chicago who managed 5/125 last week with Fields. I know Mooney is a little banged up but you had to like what you saw there. 

Shenault over Parker, is that just one week?

Shenault or Mooney the rest of the way in 2021?

good stuff, thanks

Since you took that challenge let me compare him to another 2nd year WR on the rise, Mooney from Chicago who managed 5/125 last week with Fields. I know Mooney is a little banged up but you had to like what you saw there. 

Shenault over Parker, is that just one week?

Shenault or Mooney the rest of the way in 2021?

good stuff, thanks
ROS I think I'd prefer Shenault. I was high on him preseason and think that offense CAN come together. I have little faith in MIA. Maybe Tua's return changes things, but gun to head today I've got Laviska higher ROS.

I'm not sure what to think of the CHI offense. I'm not high on Mooney, but maybe I'm missing something. Robinson SHOULD improve... he's too good not to. Another solid week from Mooney (against a team that isn't DET) and another stinker from Robinson could change that. 

I think the JAX offense could improve when Urban is eventually canned and as Trevor develops. Laviska has the clearest path for continued success. So, at this time, ROS I have Laviska the highest.

I think Lawrence is a lot better than Brisset so Id go Shenault

Dynasty perspective moving forward:  Chark done for the year and FA, Viska a 2nd rd pick (albeit different regime choice)…buying/selling?  Taking a ‘22 1st or paying one?

I like the kid and think he and Trev should grow together as year goes on

Dynasty perspective moving forward:  Chark done for the year and FA, Viska a 2nd rd pick (albeit different regime choice)…buying/selling?  Taking a ‘22 1st or paying one?

I like the kid and think he and Trev should grow together as year goes on
I have him in dynasty PPR, I think he's a hold for now. I wouldn't take any second for him, especially a 2022 second, and no one is going to pay a 1st I don't think. Even if they were, I think I'd only start to get interested if the pick was likely to be 1.08 or above.

I think he has the athletic profile of a dominant #1 and is paired with a similarly young high upside QB. I think his path to breakout has been and will be longer than others with a similar profile who had more traditional college usage and spent less time injured.

Not a local game here in Orlando and probably for the best…is he even out there?  Not a single target because Trev can’t throw to players on the sideline?

Not a local game here in Orlando and probably for the best…is he even out there?  Not a single target because Trev can’t throw to players on the sideline?
Is it Shenault or Lawrence fault he has ZERO targets or catches today? I understand the frustration trust me but your anger and aim should be at Urban and the coaching staff. 

Trevor only missed on 3 throws in the 1st Half, he's pretty good actually. 

Is it Shenault or Lawrence fault he has ZERO targets or catches today? I understand the frustration trust me but your anger and aim should be at Urban and the coaching staff. 

And last week, they connected multiple times.

In my league of record it looks like me and my opponent are gonna be top scorers in a close one. This goose-egg is killing me... the only balm is that my bench isn't showing any astronomically better FLEX options that I could've played.

No NFL team has ever gone wrong feeding gadget player Tavon Austin and..checks program…ex-DB Jamal Agnew. 

Urban is playing chess; the rest of the league is playing checkers 

That’s what I’m asking, where is he?  I can’t watch the game, but 0 targets is…puzzling

That’s what I’m asking, where is he?  I can’t watch the game, but 0 targets is…puzzling
No you're not asking and now you're being kind of out of line, won't name call you but you're not taking an ownership for insulting Lawrence even though you're not watching. 

You're not asking, you're kinda telling folks Lawrence can't throw the football because you're mad, don't take it out on people trying to help.

Have a good Sunday, 

Cheers

No you're not asking and now you're being kind of out of line, won't name call you but you're not taking an ownership for insulting Lawrence even though you're not watching. 

You're not asking, you're kinda telling folks Lawrence can't throw the football because you're mad, don't take it out on people trying to help.

Have a good Sunday, 

Cheers
…okay…

Have a good Sunday, 

Cheers

I think you might be misreading his post, MOP. Read the last sentence of the post. If it was worded:

"Not a single target because Trev isn't allowed to throw to players standing on the sideline?", does that sound any different to you? I don't think he's calling out/insulting Lawrence at all? Maybe I'm wrong.

I’m not watching the game because it’s not on tv in Orlando…I’m asking those that are watching if he’s out there.  Haven’t mentioned coaching, QB, or anything, aside from at that time 0 targets.  I have no idea if it’s scheme, lack of routes run, nothing.  But he is now the leading receiver in yards, so nice?

Let’s reset and stop looking for things not actually being typed.  I want Trev to succeed as he was my 1.01 pick in SF league.  I recently traded for Shenault to fill the void left by Chark and hopefully be a WR3 ROS

I’m not watching the game because it’s not on tv in Orlando…I’m asking those that are watching if he’s out there.  Haven’t mentioned coaching, QB, or anything, aside from at that time 0 targets.  I have no idea if it’s scheme, lack of routes run, nothing.  But he is now the leading receiver in yards, so nice?

Let’s reset and stop looking for things not actually being typed.  I want Trev to succeed as he was my 1.01 pick in SF league.  I recently traded for Shenault to fill the void left by Chark and hopefully be a WR3 ROS
I don’t get it. He’s clearly their most dynamic receiver. That they can’t get him more involved is crazy.

I don’t get it. He’s clearly their most dynamic receiver. That they can’t get him more involved is crazy.
He is? I mean, maybe but it seems to say more about the roster than anything else.

I am not convinced he is a better athlete or, NFL WR at least, than Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread