What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Ricky Pearsall, SF (1 Viewer)

Do we really think Deebo is getting traded now? Post draft?

Meh... I wanted this guy, badly. But now I cant justify the price. That cap gonna go up again year after year. Rookie QB deal... They can keep deebo if they really want to

Matt Maiocco
I checked in with the long-time NFL scout to get his reaction on the #49ers taking Ricky Pearsall.

“Solid pick, but Ladd will be a better pro. Guaranteed.”
Perhaps I'm in minority but I actually rated Pearsall higher than McConkey. And Pearsall actually end up in much favorable situation than McConkey with Chargers (providing 49ers sort out their WRs between Aiyuk and Deebo, ofc).

If anything, I suspect 49ers HC Shanahan wants to utilize Pearsall similarly as Puka Nacua / Cooper Kupp by Rams HC McVay.

How is Pearsall’s situation better? Prior to a WR trade, he’d be the #5 option in the passing game. McConkey could be the #1 or 2 option for Herbert.
Quite simply, I trust Kyle Shanahan more than Greg Roman when it comes to play-calling and offense scheme. Sure, McConkey's is much more favorable than Pearsall... short-term but long-term, it's Pearsall.

Do we really think Deebo is getting traded now? Post draft?

Meh... I wanted this guy, badly. But now I cant justify the price. That cap gonna go up again year after year. Rookie QB deal... They can keep deebo if they really want to
49ers know they cannot keep every talent player they have. They have to make a move in order to retain their contention for championship. It made sense on wanting to off-load Deebo.

Quite simply, I trust Kyle Shanahan more than Greg Roman when it comes to play-calling and offense scheme. Sure, McConkey's is much more favorable than Pearsall... short-term but long-term, it's Pearsall.

not to mention's Ladd's injury history. Pearsall ahead of McConkey for me in dynasty as well.

This whole 'when he gets traded' talk is all a bit hopeful.

they are in negotiations with the Patriots as of yesterday.

If you are handicapping the situation, what do you think the % chances are that Deebo sticks with the 49ers this season?
just looked again on Twitter, it appears that the Pats and Bills are now not actively pursuing Deebo...so who knows what's going on. The fact that the Niners haven't taken him off the table publicly could mean they are still in negotiations.

Last edited:
That was the rumor during day 1 of the draft. Heard nothing since Thursday about either one.

yes, I updated above.

It is interesting to me, the Niners haven't taken Deebo off the table. If they weren't going to trade him, they'd have made a statement by now IMHO.

This whole 'when he gets traded' talk is all a bit hopeful.

they are in negotiations with the Patriots as of yesterday.

If you are handicapping the situation, what do you think the % chances are that Deebo sticks with the 49ers this season?
That was the rumor during day 1 of the draft. Heard nothing since Thursday about either one.
Yup.

Sources: While the #49ers have listened to calls on All-Pro WR Deebo Samuel, sources say the #Patriots and #Bills are considered highly unlikely to trade for him.

49ers John Lynch said of potential trade talks involving Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk today:
"We didn’t entertain any of that today. We’re happy with our wide receiver group. Actually, more than happy. We’re thrilled with it. And thrilled to add Ricky to it to make it stronger"

@32BeatWriters
Shanahan on rookie WR Ricky Pearsall: "He just plays the position real well... whether he was outside, inside, either receiver, all three of the positions, he can separate down the field, he can separate underneath. He's got really good hands, extremely smart, very well developed... You can just see he's worked on his routes, put in a lot of hours because you can see it on tape and there's really nothing he can't do. He can fit in whatever role based off the other guys."

49erswebzone.com/articles/18025…

Users who are viewing this thread