What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (1 Viewer)

Kenny Golladay believes the Giants' offense could start slow after dealing with so many injuries during training camp. 

Golladay isn't breaking any news, but this certainly isn't something you like to hear a player admitting. The G-Men have dealt with multiple injuries in every skill group, and Golladay just resumed practicing in full after going down with a hamstring injury on August 3. He has had close to zero time to develop chemistry with a quarterback in Daniel Jones who does not fit his skill-set. Jones has been reluctant to pull the trigger on tight throws down the field, and that is where Golladay thrives. Formerly on course to be a WR1, Golladay enters the final week of drafts as a high-risk WR3. 

SOURCE: Zack Rosenblatt on Twitter 

Sep 2, 2021, 3:33 PM ET

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters

(1/2) “Golladay did not sound confident at all on Thursday when discussing his recovery from a hamstring injury and whether he’d be available for opening day. He said he’s ‘getting better’ and still trying ‘to get my legs up under me.’”
https://twitter.com/32beatwriters/status/1433558483870240770?s=21

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters

(2/2) “But he warned he’s had just a day-and-a-half of practice since he suffered the injury way back on Aug. 4. He also noted that hamstrings are “tricky” and ‘you’ve got to be smart and patient with them’ -- a warning that his return to full speed could be slow.”
https://twitter.com/32beatwriters/status/1433558485975769088?s=21

Giants WR Kenny Golladay was not listed on Friday's injury report, suggesting he's good to go for Week 1.

Golladay has been dealing with a hamstring injury since early in training camp, but the fact that he isn't even listed on the final report means he is all systems go for Week 1. With Evan Engram out and Saquon Barkley potentially limited, Daniel Jones may have to lean on his wideouts more than usual this weekend. Still, it's a tough spot for Golladay coming off an injury (with a new quarterback!) against a stingy Broncos defense.

SOURCE: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Sep 10, 2021, 3:32 PM ET

Kenny Golladay caught 4-of-6 targets for 64 yards in the Giants' Week 1 loss to the Broncos.

The Giants' prized free agent signing finished behind Sterling Shepard in targets (9) and yards (113). Golladay was limited with a hamstring injury this week but looked fully healthy in his debut. This was a tough spot for Golladay against a stingy Broncos secondary. He'll have another shy away matchup with Washington in Week 2.

I thought Golladay looked pretty good considering he missed almost all of camp, and was a bit of an uncertainty of even playing this week. Denver might be the best pass defense in the NFL.

I still think there is WR2 potential here, and he'll see a lot more work as the season goes on.

I thought Golladay looked pretty good considering he missed almost all of camp, and was a bit of an uncertainty of even playing this week. Denver might be the best pass defense in the NFL.

I still think there is WR2 potential here, and he'll see a lot more work as the season goes on.
Steal of the draft candidate. Wish I had a share.  

Kenny Golladay caught 3-of-8 targets for 38 yards in New York's Week 2 loss to Washington. 

Golladay could have had a bigger night, but a would-be 22-yard touchdown was wiped out by a blatant William Jackson III DPI. He also had a borderline "drop" that was really an inaccurate Daniel Jones throw. It was Jones whom Golladay did not seem terribly pleased with, as FOX's cameras found him exchanging words with his quarterback on the sideline. The duo have combined for just 7/102 through two games, not what either side thought they were getting for $72 million. Golladay has a Week 3 get-right spot in the pathetic Falcons, but it is unclear if Jones' skill-set will meld with his in any matchup. Jones is going to have trouble finding you unless it is over the middle of the field or you are wide open outside. Golladay is a sideline tactician who does not create huge cushions. Stay tuned. 

Sep 17, 2021, 12:35 AM ET

Well, its been a slight disappointment so far, but I think any owners had to expect a slower start due to not really having any time together in camp. 14 targets in 2 games is a decent starting point, but it would be nice to see him featured more in the redzone, or downfield.

I still think there is WR2 upside here as the season goes on, and would still prefer Golladay to Shepard ROS, but he's more of a wait and see than a confident start.

Yeah I drafted him late expecting to not even remotely consider starting him til at least like week 5 for that reason. Think he has potential to put up numbers but they gotta get on the same page first

The what if game is going to be strong here. Jones also missed him wide open on a would be 20-25 yard gain. That, plus the DPI, plus the drop/miss were unfortunate. A couple of those go his way and he could have had a 5/75 or 5/80/1 line. He looked good at getting open in this game at least.

I'm an owner and the lack of chemistry with Jones, Jones stinking and Shepherd looking phenomenal is somewhat concerning. That being said i picked up shepherd and started him so there is that...

Someone dropped him in my league before the game last night. I'll probably put a waiver in for him next week. 

After drafting Golladay last year, there was no way I was taking him this year.   That wasn’t due to talent.   I don’t trust his ability to stay healthy.

Owners should be patient.   If Golladay stays healthy, he will get more targets.   Not sure he ever becomes the WR1 for the Giants though.  Shepherd is playing at an extremely high level and may receive more targets most games.

Golladay is a decent buy low if you can get him for cheap.   He will be more involved in the offensive gameplan as the season progresses and I think the Giants will put him in better situations.

Golladay is a decent buy low if you can get him for cheap.   He will be more involved in the offensive gameplan as the season progresses and I think the Giants will put him in better situations.
I am worried Daniel Jones isn't the kind of QB who can make Golladay thrive. Others would know better, but is Jones willing to throw jump balls in tight man coverage? That is where KG made his bones in Motown. 

Ilov80s said:
I am worried Daniel Jones isn't the kind of QB who can make Golladay thrive. Others would know better, but is Jones willing to throw jump balls in tight man coverage? That is where KG made his bones in Motown. 
He really isn't right now. Daniel Jones is not an anticipator/"throw you open" guy, he's a guy who'll throw when the guy is definitely open. His touch is a work in progress (the Slayton overthrow) so to throw to a guy who generates little separation but is elite at coming down with contested balls? Yeah, this is going to be a work in progress and the best thing for both Golladay and Jones was Kenny putting Daniel on blast like that. He was open so many times on Jones' progression and 1-look reads and Jones ignored him too many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenny Golladay (hip) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

It's the first time we've heard of a hip issue for the Giants' new No. 1 receiver, but the limited session should put him on track for Sunday against the Falcons. Golladay has seven catches for 102 scoreless yards on 14 targets through two weeks and has already gotten into it with OC Jason Garrett.

Sep 22, 2021, 4:14 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hip) "did not participate much" in the portion of Thursday's practice open to media

The Giants star wideout appears to be genuinely questionable for what looked like a prime get-well spot against the Falcons in Week 3. If he were inactive, even more targets would flow to hot waiver-wire pickup Sterling Shepard and No. 3 wideout Darius Slayton. Golladay will probably need at least limited participation in Friday's practice to have a good chance at playing on Sunday. 

SOURCE: Art Stapelton on Twitter

Sep 23, 2021, 1:32 PM ET

The New York Daily News' Pat Leonard reports Kenny Golladay is expected to see reduced snaps.

Leonard added that the info comes directly from the Giants' wide receivers coach. New York is getting Evan Engram back for this game but Golladay playing a reduced role will still take a toll on the offense. Darius Slayton could see an increase in his workload as the team's field-stretcher if Golladay is forced to take some snaps off. Golladay can be pulled from all fantasy lineups this week. 

SOURCE: Pat Leonard on Twitter

Sep 26, 2021, 10:25 AM ET

Whoa, dropping him seems a tad excessive.
He is on waivers now in one of my leagues too...one where I am pretty WR needy with my own disappointments in Shenault and Robbie Anderson.

But just not sure I really want a piece of him right now already having Barkley in that meh offense.  

Yeah I think he catches a TD today. I subbed in R. Moore but I still feel like golladay scores lol. I hate limited role news.
Healthy tag and good matchup for Golladay. At WR 3 it's either Golladay or Moore for me and at Flex it's one of these two with Drake in the mix.

Kenny Golladay caught 4-of-5 targets for 64 yards in the Giants' Week 3 loss to the Falcons.

Golladay was in and out of the game as the Giants managed the hip injury he entered the game with. Golladay was effective when targeted, but he's clearly not close to full health. Even in a game in which Darius Slayton and Sterling Shepard were knocked out with hamstring injuries, Golladay's snaps were managed. He will be a risky FLEX option when the Giants play the Saints in Week 4.
drew a PI in the end zone, but you could see Jones isn't comfortable throwing to him at all, more willing to throw to Colin Johnson over the middle and outside.

He's on the wire in a 12-team 0.5 PPR league. I'd have to drop Rondale Moore to get him. I feel like if/when he gets healthy and the Giants get into some sort of an offensive rhythm, I'd rather have the clear WR1 on a bad offense over the WR2.5 on a good one.

He's on the wire in a 12-team 0.5 PPR league. I'd have to drop Rondale Moore to get him. I feel like if/when he gets healthy and the Giants get into some sort of an offensive rhythm, I'd rather have the clear WR1 on a bad offense over the WR2.5 on a good one.
This is a tough call because I think Moore ends up as #2 as the season progresses.  I guess for me it would be based on what I needed out of that roster spot.  I think Golladay will have a higher floor and Moore the higher ceiling.  Very tough call and would probably like to have both.  

Kenny Golladay (hip) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Golladay played through the issue last week and led all Giants wideouts in snaps at 69% against the Falcons, catching 4-of-5 targets for 64 yards in the loss. He's settled in as a low-floor WR3/4 ahead of a Week 4 date with the Saints.

Sep 29, 2021, 1:37 PM ET

ignatiusjreilly said:
I dropped him for Waddle after Week 2 myself in a 12 team 1PPR, and he's still sitting out there a week later.  He was my WR4 (I'm also stashing MT so you could say my WR5 I guess).  Realistically don't see using him except for maybe bye filler, but even then I'd likely shift my flex (Sutton) up and then flex someone like Javonte.  I like Rondale more than Waddle so I'd say leave Golladay out there if you can't carry both. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I dropped him for Waddle after Week 2 myself in a 12 team 1PPR, and he's still sitting out there a week later.  He was my WR4 (I'm also stashing MT so you could say my WR5 I guess).  Realistically don't see using him except for maybe bye filler, but even then I'd likely shift my flex (Sutton) up and then flex someone like Javonte.  I like Rondale more than Waddle so I'd say leave Golladay out there if you can't carry both. 
Postscript: This league has open waivers, so an hour after I picked up Golladay someone dropped Allen Robinson, and I grabbed him instead.

(And yes, I know. It's kind of a weird league. Made up of mostly family members, we've been doing it for 15 years, and no money. You'd think I'd have an excuse to pay less attention to that one than I do to my money leagues, but of course I end up getting just as invested in this one.)

Kenny Golladay (hip) remained limited in Thursday's practice. 

With both Sterling Shepard and Darius Slayton seeing a turn for the worse today in practice, Golladay has arguably seen his fantasy appeal for the week go up despite the continued presence of the limited tag. He played through the issue last week and caught 4-of-5 targets for 64 yards while being managed, and it can't be ruled out that the Giants will continue to manage him this week. But target vacuums speak pretty loudly going into Sunday's matchup against the Saints. 

Sep 30, 2021, 3:13 PM ET

Giants are on their 4th left guard and 2nd Center already due to injury.  and it's still Will Hernandez and Nate Solder on the right side.  Cam Jordan must be salivating right now.     the giants offense is so conservative.   I'd hold but I wouldn't be starting Kenny.

Kenny Golladay (hip) was removed from the Week 4 injury report.

This was expected after Golladay played through a questionable tag last week, catching 4-of-5 targets for 64 yards. With Sterling Shepard and Darius Slayton sidelined, Golladay's target share gives him a higher floor in a matchup with potential for negative game script. The Giants' pass offense should go through Golladay, but he'll likely be facing shadow coverage from Saints CB Marshon Lattimore.

Oct 2, 2021, 9:59 AM ET

Kenny Golladay caught 6-of-7 targets for 116 yards in the Giants' Week 4 overtime win over the Saints. 

Although Kadarius Toney led the Giants in targets, Golladay paced the Sterling Shepard, Darius Slayton-less receiver corps in production. 28 of Golladay's yards came on a huge grab near the end of regulation where he broke a tackle to tack on major yardage to get the G-Men in field goal range. Golladay was called for a first half OPI penalty, but it was by far his best effort as a Giant. The question is if he will see enough looks for WR2 value once Shepard is back from his hamstring issue. We wouldn't count on it, especially with Toney emerging. The first-round pick was a point of emphasis for Daniel Jones and play-caller Jason Garrett this afternoon. Golladay will be in the WR28-34 range for Week 5 vs. Dallas. He could see a heavy dose of breakout second-year pro Trevon Diggs. 

Users who are viewing this thread