What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UDFA 24 thread? (1 Viewer)

WR Terique Owens - 49ers
Was just gonna post this. I’m intrigued. Are his mentals ok?

Dad put up some If the greatest numbers of all time. And had some of the greatest TD celebrations to boot.

I know a lot of folks hated it, but the sharpie was legendary. Imagine playing with a freakin pen in your sock. A FULL SIZED sharpie, no less. And being so confident you were gonna score that you played all game with it until you did.

Legendary.

Guys I thought would be drafted based on pre-draft consensus rankings:
  • Maryland S Beau Brade - Ravens
  • Holy Cross WR Jalen Coker - Panthers
  • Illinois DT Keith Randolph - Bears
  • Miami OG Javion Cohen - Browns
  • Minnesota TE Brevyn Spann-Ford - Cowboys
  • Nebraska S Omar Brown - Broncos
  • Illinois WR Isaiah Williams - Lions
  • Ohio State LB Steele Chambers - Lions
  • Michigan OL Trente Jones - Packers
  • TCU RB Emani Bailey - Chiefs
  • UCLA RB Carson Steele - Chiefs
  • UCLA DL Grayson Murphy - Dolphins
  • LSU C Charles Turner - Patriots
  • Michigan EDGE Braiden McGregor - Jets
  • Baylor DT Gabe Hall - Eagles
  • Michigan C Drake Nugent - 49ers
  • Missouri RB Cody Schrader - 49ers
  • Houston EDGE Nelson Ceaser - Seahawks
  • Washington RB Dillon Johnson - Titans

One more, probably the biggest surprise of all.

UCLA Edge Gabriel Murphy has a chance to be a steal for the Vikings as a UDFA. Like Ivan Pace Jr, he’s undersized but has elite athleticism and was super productive in college.

Last year: 8 sacks, 16 TFL, 61 pressures. Fourth-round grade from Dane Brugler of The Athletic.

WR Terique Owens - 49ers

Dad put up some If the greatest numbers of all time. And had some of the greatest TD celebrations to boot.

I know a lot of folks hated it, but the sharpie was legendary. Imagine playing with a freakin pen in your sock. A FULL SIZED sharpie, no less. And being so confident you were gonna score that you played all game with it until you did.

Legendary.
Give me that and Joe Horn's cellphone call allllll day long over the choreographed crap we see nowadays.

WR Terique Owens - 49ers

Legendary.
Give me that and Joe Horn's cellphone call allllll day long over the choreographed crap we see nowadays.
Steve Smith in the canoe rowing his butt off was also hilarious. TO proposing to the cheerleader was also pretty good.

I usually post a zillion UDFA updates each year. If anyone was counting on me, sorry there were a ton of spinups and tornadoes and I was preoccupied.

I like the money as a sign of who values who.

Conversation- he's got a third or fourth round grade. Yeah well he wasn't drafted.

Sooo the rankings and a bit of every review are a bit questionable til we see some money thrown at them.

If they're going to pay a UDFA more than a sixth round pick, ok then. Maybe it was just like us and our WW and end of draft. Maybe stories of agents asking teams not to draft them. Lots of maybes.

WR Terique Owens - 49ers

Legendary.
I agree with you regarding the choreographed crap we see nowdays. The Joe Horn cellphone celebration was cringe. I liked the TO Celebrations.

One RB that caught my eye, UGA RB Kendall Milton to Philly... once upon a time in devy land

Two others I believe Waldman highlighted in his podcast as later round and undrafted guys he liked, with a comparison:

Boise St RB George Holani to Seattle - Jeff Wilson
Wash RB Dillon Johnson to Tennessee - Spencer Ware

Blake Watson to Bronco's who I can't figure out why the NFL does not seem to care a lot for right now.
For a rookie RB Watson is pretty old already, he will turn 25 years old in October, that could be why no team would use a draft pick on him.

Blake Watson to Bronco's who I can't figure out why the NFL does not seem to care a lot for right now.
For a rookie RB Watson is pretty old already, he will turn 25 years old in October, that could be why no team would use a draft pick on him.
This draft is filled with old RB's though, ton's similar age who got drafted.

I really don't think that's enough to see a guy who went ran for 1k and caught over 50 passes, with some really strong metrics not just not get drafted, but not get a combine invite.

Anyway Denver guaranteed him $250k to sign so good for him though it's awfully crowded in Denver for next year.

I like the money as a sign of who values who.

Conversation- he's got a third or fourth round grade. Yeah well he wasn't drafted.

Sooo the rankings and a bit of every review are a bit questionable til we see some money thrown at them.

If they're going to pay a UDFA more than a sixth round pick, ok then. Maybe it was just like us and our WW and end of draft. Maybe stories of agents asking teams not to draft them. Lots of maybes.

I'm not sure why finding information about signing bonuses and guaranteed money for UDFAs is so difficult this year. It seems like multiple sources had it readily available within their tracker in previous seasons.

My recollection from digging deeper in the past is that agents of the most coveted UDFAS might actually be telling teams not to draft their guy after the 5th or 6th round. Of course, every case is different. However, anyone drafting deep enough in leagues where they're considering 5th and 6th round RBs shouldn't immediately discount UDFAs just because "nobody bothered to draft them".

Here's a very unofficial list of the largest signing bonuses and guaranteed base salaries that I could find from twitter and google. Sorry, for making this RB-centric. I think it's probably the most relevant UDFA position for actually finding a gem.

RB
$25K bonus / $250K guaranteed: Kendall Milton uga to phi, Blake Watson mem to den
$15K bonus / $100K guaranteed: George Holani bsu to sea
couldn't find anything for Dillon Johnson ten, Frank Gore Jr buf, Cody Schrader sf, Austin Jones was

other big bonuses & guarantees
Chig Anusiem was cb $50K bonus / $350K guaranteed
Xavier Weaver ari wr $30K bonus / $255K guaranteed
Jalen Coker car wr $25K bonus / $225K guaranteed
Isaiah Williams det wr $25K bonus / $225K guaranteed
Sam Hartman was qb $20K bonus / $245K guaranteed
Tyler Owens was s $20K bonus / $225K guarantee
Garret Greenfield ol $20k bonus / $195K guaranteed
Andre Sam $20K bonus / $150K guaranteed
couldn't find anything for Gabriel Murphy ucla / min, edge that's supposed to be one of the higher priority guys.

Supposedly, $30K/$255K is commensurate with what a drafted player would get at the bottom of round 5.

EDIT: a few of these are on spotrac. Most don't have the detail. I guess it will just take some time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread