What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Smith - Retired and still angry (4 Viewers)

Still not practicing.

It's only Wednesday, but not a good sign. 

Been holding on since he got hurt, but if he doesn't suit up this weekend, probably time to cut bait.

He was upgraded to full practice on Friday after being limited on Thursday. At this point it would be a surprise if Smith Sr. doesn't suit up against Pittsburgh on Sunday. Smith has averaged 81.7 yards over his last 12 games and should be treated as a WR3 if active. Smith's return won't be good for Mike Wallace's stock.

Thoughts on smith at home vs. Pitt? I'm looking for a Randall Cobb replacement and not much out there 

I'm burning my last waiver of the week in the hopes of landing him tmrw morning.

If I get Smith, he better play. No other alternatives on my bench. High risk, but worth it if I can get a potential #1 WR off waivers at this point.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Ravens have prepared two game plans for Sunday's Week 9 game against the Steelers: one if Steve Smith Sr. (ankle) plays and one if he doesn't.
The bullet point here is that Sr. is a true game-time decision. Luckily the Ravens play at 1 PM ET on Sunday, so fantasy owners will know his status by 11:30 AM. It's a little surprising Smith's status is still being debated after the veteran returned to a full practice on Friday. Mike Wallace, Dennis Pitta and even Kamar Aiken would stand to benefit from another Smith absence.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 6 - 8:29 AM

According to NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala, the Ravens' staff was planning last night as if Steve Smith Sr. (ankle) will play in Sunday's Week 9 game against the Steelers.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported earlier that Baltimore had two game plans in place: one if Smith plays and one if he sits. Considering he was a full participant at Friday's practice, we're guessing Smith will be on the field Sunday, though the Ravens will obviously wait to see how he looks in pre-game warmups. Smith also sent out a tweet suggesting he is suiting up. We'll know his status for sure when inactives are announced at 11:30 AM ET.

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter
Nov 6 - 9:00 A

He was upgraded to full practice on Friday after being limited on Thursday. At this point it would be a surprise if Smith Sr. doesn't suit up against Pittsburgh on Sunday. Smith has averaged 81.7 yards over his last 12 games and should be treated as a WR3 if active. Smith's return won't be good for Mike Wallace's stock.

He's active. Do we trust him?

Steelers have pretty good pass defense. If they have to give more attention to SSS then maybe he sees weaker coverage

Smith on Thursday night. I read that Joe Hayden covers the #1 (Wallace?) and rarely the slot receiver where Smith lines up the majority of his plays. Thinking Smith goes off on prime time. 

Smith on Thursday night. I read that Joe Hayden covers the #1 (Wallace?) and rarely the slot receiver where Smith lines up the majority of his plays. Thinking Smith goes off on prime time. 
Picked him off the wire last night and plugging him in this evening with the same thought.

What's his outlook for ROS. Strong contender but lost AJ and also have tyrell who may have some injury problems just in time for playoffs. His current owner most likely makes playoffs but more out of luck so he knows he isn't gonna do much once in and he offered him to me for a late second.

My other main option would be CJ feidorwicz for my flex spot but like I said above if tyrell would miss time I would maybe need him to start at WR

Users who are viewing this thread