What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Smith - Retired and still angry (1 Viewer)

Steve Smith is -pissed-

"The best thing I could do without threatening him and saying, 'I will assault him when I see him' is I will say, 'I look forward to playing him again, and he's on my lifetime hit list,"

"I got speared in my back by an ex-teammate. I kinda know his character and who he is. After he hit me, he said, 'How do you like that?'"
Funny thing isn't wasn't even his ex teammate that did it

Steve Smith is -pissed-

"The best thing I could do without threatening him and saying, 'I will assault him when I see him' is I will say, 'I look forward to playing him again, and he's on my lifetime hit list,"

"I got speared in my back by an ex-teammate. I kinda know his character and who he is. After he hit me, he said, 'How do you like that?'"
I don't think he cares. He'll beat the #### out of both of them. And then anyone else who steps in his way.

Steve Smith is -pissed-

I don't think he cares. He'll beat the #### out of both of them. And then anyone else who steps in his way.
lol, so true. He would've been a really, really good MMA fighter. He's a badass and all, has the mentality, but I don't think people realize how strong he must be. Especially for his size. He shucks DBs like he's a TE. At his size that's crazy. You don't see any smallish WRs pulling that off. And he's what 35? Nuts.

Steve Smith is -pissed-

lol, so true. He would've been a really, really good MMA fighter. He's a badass and all, has the mentality, but I don't think people realize how strong he must be. Especially for his size. He shucks DBs like he's a TE. At his size that's crazy. You don't see any smallish WRs pulling that off. And he's what 35? Nuts.
Hard to sucker punch in MMA. That's his signature move.

Can't find much on the injury. Is it definitely 4 broken ribs? If so I don't see any way he plays. And if he does gut through it there is no way he will be as effective. How is Aiken not a nice pickup here?

Can't find much on the injury. Is it definitely 4 broken ribs? If so I don't see any way he plays. And if he does gut through it there is no way he will be as effective. How is Aiken not a nice pickup here?
This is why I really wanted to move him after his huge start. You can't sucker punch Father Time. Aiken is pretty much a JAG. Ok desperation play. I prefer playing any D vs Ravens. They'll have no offense without him. Ravens huge fade across the board at this point.

This is why I really wanted to move him after his huge start. You can't sucker punch Father Time.Aiken is pretty much a JAG. Ok desperation play. I prefer playing any D vs Ravens. They'll have no offense without him. Ravens huge fade across the board at this point.
Okay but who is going to get the damn ball? It's going somewhere. Gillmore? Aiken?

People in this thread keep mentioning ribs.

But yahoo/rotoworld list it as micro fractures in his back.

Not sure which is worse. Would love to hear from Bramel out the outlook of both.

Edit: never mind, Bramel has a decent analysis on all scenarios in subscriber content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure which is worse. Would love to hear from Bramel out the outlook of both.

Edit: never mind, Bramel has a decent analysis on all scenarios in subscriber content.
I see a very brief blurb in the Dr. Jene Bramel's Second Opinion. Is that what you are talking about?

I see a very brief blurb in the Dr. Jene Bramel's Second Opinion. Is that what you are talking about?
Subscriber week 5 content > new and injury info > injury rounds with Bremel

Subscriber week 5 content > new and injury info > injury rounds with Bremel
Thanks. That's the same one and I thought it was just really vague. Not blaming Jene because the info is vague too but I didn't find it very illuminating at all.

Steve Smith looks to be back again this weeks and I've noticed FBG's has him ranked higher than a lot of other sites out there. Anyone concerned he will be limited on snaps?

Steve Smith looks to be back again this weeks and I've noticed FBG's has him ranked higher than a lot of other sites out there. Anyone concerned he will be limited on snaps?
Sounds like he looked fast, but had pain when cutting. If it truly is a pain tolerance thing, I don't think he will be limited on snaps, but the way he plays, I would worry that he takes a hard shot and has to leave the game again. (Please don't hit me for saying that Steve)

Having said that, he's plugged into my lineup if he plays. He's so angry and needed on that team.

Do us owners start him if he plays? I've got him plugged in over some middling (and also hobbled) rb3s and wr3s in both leagues.

Had Aiken in, was considering CJA instead now SSS is likely to play. But play how much? decoy? Maybe his presence actually helps Aiken and makes him an even better play??

I thought he was dead set on retiring? Now he's not? I'd love to see him try to come back, I'm just surprised. Guess he didn't want to go out like this.

Hope he isn't hanging around a year too long! He did look awesome last year, like he hadn't lost a step. Would love to see him have another 1,000 yard season, return to the postseason, and then hang them up.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Steve Smith Sr. (Achilles', active/PUP) is expected to be ready by Week 1.
As is Breshad Perriman (knee, active/PUP). Smith Sr. is still recovering from a "double rupture" of his Achilles' last November. Even if he gets back on the field, the 37-year-old will likely be limited coming off such a devastating injury. He is nothing more than a late-round flier at this point, but he is still going considerably higher in drafts. Aug 9 - 12:01 PM

Source: ESPN
This ####### guy.  Stud.

He was just dropped in my 12 team standard league today after waivers processed.  Any Ravens homers can update on his outlook and if he's worth a #2 waiver claim?  What I do know is that he did not play in a pre season game.  Week 1 was basically his pre season game.  What is the vibe around Baltimore regarding his recovery from this difficult achillies injury?  Saw that he had 9 targets.  Projections?

Thank you.

I think the bigger problem is that the Ravens are going to spread the ball around and not pass enough to make anyone a reliable option. They like Wallace and Smith as veterans and want to expand Perriman's role but Aiken will also be involved. Basically the value for all of them is going to be low unless someone gets hurt. 

Watching him play the past few weeks color me unimpressed. Seems to be lacking the explosiveness to get open and as the Owl mentioned, a lot of mouths to feed. 

Could be wrong, but I'm going to drop and move on. I have the luxury of a deep WR group, so it won't kill me if he defies odds once again, but I'm a seller here.

I think the bigger problem is that the Ravens are going to spread the ball around and not pass enough to make anyone a reliable option. They like Wallace and Smith as veterans and want to expand Perriman's role but Aiken will also be involved. Basically the value for all of them is going to be low unless someone gets hurt. 
Agree for this year. Next year though Perriman is the WR to own on that team........He may break out a little down the stretch too when Steve Smith starts wearing down......

Disagree.  Smith will maintain his high target volume until he breaks.  Weeks 3 and 4 he looked like a new man compared to the first 2 games.

Next year.. everything you said.

What's the word on Smith's injury? Assuming high ankle sprain.

Seeing him being dropped. Could be a mid season gem once he's healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread