What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joe Mixon, HOU (4 Viewers)

Honestly if its not Joe Goodberry or Ben Baby, its probably not worth taking seriously when it comes to the Bengals.

ETA: Which isn't to say nobody else can have quality info, but if its not confirmed by either of them, I'm skeptical.

I think he signs.
Isn’t he under contract already?
Yes. Bengals are up against the cap with burrow , chase , and Higgins contracts due soon (from Ive heard), which is prompting a restructure of mixons deal. Mixons cap hit is being the most scrutinized. Since all they did was draft brown I don’t see it as an immediate need as others but we’ll probably see some type of “new deal” before the season starts.

I think he signs.
Isn’t he under contract already?
Yes. Bengals are up against the cap with burrow , chase , and Higgins contracts due soon (from Ive heard), which is prompting a restructure of mixons deal. Mixons cap hit is being the most scrutinized. Since all they did was draft brown I don’t see it as an immediate need as others but we’ll probably see some type of “new deal” before the season starts.
I can't imagine they don't add anyone. Absolutely no news on this, but I think this would be a great fit for Fournette.

Mixon and the Bengals have agreed to a new deal that will pay him a base salary of just under $6 million with incentives that could earn him up to $8 million a league source tells PFT.

Although Mixon had been due more than $9 million this season, that was non-guaranteed, and Mixon decided it was better to re-work his contract now than to risk finding himself in the same place as Dalvin Cook and Ezekiel Elliott, two running backs who were released from their pricey contracts this offseason and are currently free agents.

Mixon and the Bengals have agreed to a new deal that will pay him a base salary of just under $6 million with incentives that could earn him up to $8 million a league source tells PFT.

Although Mixon had been due more than $9 million this season, that was non-guaranteed, and Mixon decided it was better to re-work his contract now than to risk finding himself in the same place as Dalvin Cook and Ezekiel Elliott, two running backs who were released from their pricey contracts this offseason and are currently free agents.
Smart move for both sides. I think people are overreacting to Mixon's 2022 rushing a little. He's a year removed from a 1500-yard 16 TD season and had his best receiving season last year. He also had a very good game in the playoffs against Buffalo, when the weather was a factor.

ETA: Personally, I think Mixon has more to offer than Cook, and obviously both have much more to offer than Zeke. Really starting to like Mixon as a 4th round pick right now, though maybe this news pushes him up boards a bit.

Really starting to like Mixon as a 4th round pick right now, though maybe this news pushes him up boards a bit.
For those that think drafting early is too risky or dumb Mixon was going in the 7th/8th round of underdog when BBM4 dropped on April 29th.

Guess that Athletic beat writer was correct for continuing to say his roster spot was in danger if he did not take a pay cut. He was for sure right to accept it.

Did not realize he is the first player in Bengals history to accept a re-structure and pay cut. I knew the Bengals historically did not like to ask players to take pay cuts, but apparently they have asked a scant few in the past, Mixon is the first one to accept it.

I'd add I was a bit surprised to hear he went ahead and cut next years pay already. Got me wondering why that was deemed necessary now since it has no bearing on the cap? It's not like he got any extra guarantees that would solidify his roster spot either. Guess Bengals just held all the cards and said it their way or....

how exactly does this work, why don't teams do it more often? was he going to get $0 from his old contract if he didn't agree to this?

Bengals RB Joe Mixon has been named in a civil lawsuit for his connection to a March shooting.

Mixon has been cleared of criminal charges in the case. The new suit adds details that could open up Mixon, who is accused of ‘negligence and punitive damages’ from the March 6 shooting on his property, to a suspension under the NFL’s conduct policy. Mixon will also stand trial for an aggravated menacing charge this month.

An article on the incident

No dog in the fight. But just wanted to clarify, since seen people make some odd assumptions here and elsewhere. Mixon doesn't live in the ghetto. This is an upper class neighborhood full of houses most of us would consider mansions a few hundred yards from a Country Club golf course. And the family suing him likely have just as much, if not more, money than Mixon. So no, these weren't "hoodlums" running around his house with guns. And it's very doubtful to me that this family is trying to squeeze him for a cash settlement. They are more likely beyond shocked a 16 year old child got shot on their property in this type of area. He was also not out of state at the time. He was home and on the property and witnessed the incident, as he reported himself.

I am not sure how this dude keeps escaping without real punishment. I still remember when he punched a girl in the face when he was 18, and broke 4 bones in her face.

Never had him on my time and never going too..

An article on the incident

No dog in the fight. But just wanted to clarify, since seen people make some odd assumptions here and elsewhere. Mixon doesn't live in the ghetto. This is an upper class neighborhood full of houses most of us would consider mansions a few hundred yards from a Country Club golf course. And the family suing him likely have just as much, if not more, money than Mixon. So no, these weren't "hoodlums" running around his house with guns. And it's very doubtful to me that this family is trying to squeeze him for a cash settlement. They are more likely beyond shocked a 16 year old child got shot on their property in this type of area. He was also not out of state at the time. He was home and on the property and witnessed the incident, as he reported himself.
The neighbor is a well respected ophthalmologist in CincinnatI. I’m sure he’s pulled in 1Mil+/yr. Definitely not a cash grab.

I am not sure how this dude keeps escaping without real punishment. I still remember when he punched a girl in the face when he was 18, and broke 4 bones in her face.

Not at all defending what he did, but he got a full year suspension for that.

Yea but no jail time is what I mean … He could have literally just walked away from that situation… plus from the reports he started the confrontation and was being very disrespectful to the woman …

I guess I just wish the nfl with all their stupid rules that they banned people like this from the league to send a message … literally no other respectable job would let you work there with video proof of you breaking a woman’s face … but all they really care about is money and control

Yea but no jail time is what I mean … He could have literally just walked away from that situation… plus from the reports he started the confrontation and was being very disrespectful to the woman …

I guess I just wish the nfl with all their stupid rules that they banned people like this from the league to send a message … literally no other respectable job would let you work there with video proof of you breaking a woman’s face … but all they really care about is money and control
I don't know what happens leading up to the confrontation but looking at the video the woman was clearly the aggressor and even strikes him first. Mixon is standing at the table some conversation happens he looks to start to walk away she then moves towards him and shoves him he flinches like he is going to hit her but does not she grabs or touches him with one hand and an open hand and slaps him in the face with the other. Mixon responds with a quick cross that knocks her cold. Mixon walks out. There is no excuse in the eyes of the law to get into a fight even when struck first. He deserved the punishment he got but in no way should this be a lifetime ban. No man or woman has the right to lay hands on another person and think that person might not respond even if the law says he should not. This is no defense for Mixon in any way but he was charged with misdemeanor assault compared to felony assault even with the broken bones to the woman's face. I'm speculating but my guess is the reason why was due to the woman hitting him first and the video shows Mixon started to walk away prior to the confrontation getting physical. He should have continued to just walk away. There is no self-defense case for Mixon and again I'm not an attorney this is pure speculation on my part but his life was not in imminent danger or the conclusion from the video must have convinced the person deciding to file the charge against Mixon that he could conclude his life was not in danger. I can agree Mixon could use some anger management therapy of some sort based on the incidents he seems to find himself in. This video is not the Ray Rice video and I do think he (Ray) deserved a lifetime ban for what he did and that is kind of what he got in the end in a way.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but if Mixon is playing, I want him on my team, same with Deshaun Watson, and was the same many times over with Big Ben, Adrian Peterson and Antonio Brown. Its not my place to be Judge Judy and Executioner. I'm looking for guys to help me win my league, not date my sister. Me avoiding these players just makes that harder by giving someone else an advantage.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but if Mixon is playing, I want him on my team, same with Deshaun Watson, and was the same many times over with Big Ben, Adrian Peterson and Antonio Brown. Its not my place to be Judge Judy and Executioner. I'm looking for guys to help me win my league, not date my sister. Me avoiding these players just makes that harder by giving someone else an advantage.
Ya, people acting like they're taking a moral stand by not-drafting these guys is confusing to me. You're not financially supporting them or buying their jersey, you're looking at a number beside their name and hoping it's big.

Personally I’m fine with people taking that stance. I’ll take the discount on the players

Ya, people acting like they're taking a moral stand by not-drafting these guys is confusing to me. You're not financially supporting them or buying their jersey, you're looking at a number beside their name and hoping it's big.
If I avoid them it's due to not wanting to guess at the impact what they did off the field will have to their numbers on the field.

If I avoid them it's due to not wanting to guess at the impact what they did off the field will have to their numbers on the field.
Yeah this makes more sense. Especially for dynasty.

I’d draft Hitler #1 overall if he substantially helped my fantasy team win it all.

I'm reminded of that old Parcells quote, "If Hannibal Lector ran a 4.3, we'd say he had an eating disorder."

I like him this year. His ADP appears to be dropping to the point where I've drafted him in a few leagues whereas years prior he went higher than I would have liked.

People say he had a bad year last year, but that's fine, his upside is enough to justify him as a RB2. I read an article that indicates he's close to eating into some Bengals franchise rushing records, so there's some kind of motivation there as well. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: Here it is.

Joe Mixon rushed 13 times for 56 yards in the Bengals’ Week 1 loss to the Browns, adding three catches for 17 yards.

The Bengals offense couldn’t get anything going, leading to a quiet day for all of the skill position players. The good news is that Mixon saw five targets. All other Cincinnati backs combined four one target and four carries. Mixon left the field for loads of passing downs in 2022. If he can reclaim some of those routes now that Samaje Perine is gone, Mixon could post far better fantasy numbers this year. Mixon will sit on the RB1/2 border for his Week 2 matchup with the Ravens.

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread